Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop the Inaros rework

Inaros is immortal as is, I never die as him and changing his playstyle to a caster is a bad move.
Having sandstorm pull enemies towards you is the opposite of what the ability is, and abandons the idea of a "sandstorm." 

Why get rid of devour? it is his main support tool, giving allies lifesteal. its basically gloom before it existed. Its sand shadow can scale way higher than nyx' mind control or revenants thralls.

His 4 gets the augment built in, what if I don't want my armor to reduce when I get hit? this should be a choice! not every inaros player wants negation swarm on their build.

I'm just very worried that inaros won't feel like he does now as he is the only frame that you don't really pick for abilities, and changing his "breathe easy" kit for a more crowd control caster frame style is terrifying to me

• Like 2

i personally think inaros kit right now is way too potent and meta defining, so needless to say i was extremely surprised seeing DE buff an already great character. So i completely agree with you tbh

4 hours ago, RabidBark said:

Inaros is immortal as is, I never die as him and changing his playstyle to a caster is a bad move.
Having sandstorm pull enemies towards you is the opposite of what the ability is, and abandons the idea of a "sandstorm." 

Why get rid of devour? it is his main support tool, giving allies lifesteal. its basically gloom before it existed. Its sand shadow can scale way higher than nyx' mind control or revenants thralls.

His 4 gets the augment built in, what if I don't want my armor to reduce when I get hit? this should be a choice! not every inaros player wants negation swarm on their build.

I'm just very worried that inaros won't feel like he does now as he is the only frame that you don't really pick for abilities, and changing his "breathe easy" kit for a more crowd control caster frame style is terrifying to me

Off topic, but how do you play him? I played him very little and took him to steel path where he died right away. Any tips? I’d like to start playing him more and want to put some forma into him before the rework. I have seen Inaros players be immortal in missions, so I know it’s possible. 

Edit/update: Ok, I looked up some guides and threw a few forma on him. I was able to survive just fine, but his abilities soooooooock! I'll wait for the rework before trying him again.

Edited by MutoManiac
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RabidBark said:

Guy, playing Inaros should be more than slapping full health and armor then walking about with an Arcane that keeps your health regenerating constantly. His abilities are practically useless as is.

We are 11 days away from April fools, arent you a bit early with this?

Grouping enemies is the best way to spread effects and take them out and its completely irrational to compare Gloom with Devour as one ability slows enemies and adds life drain which is percentage to your weapon's damage delt wile not compromising your mobility, the other doesnt deal any significant damage, the healing is mediocre and completely hinders your mobility.

This is the only thing you said i can agree with as i also dont like the Augment.

You dont pick him for abilities because the ones he has are weak, dated and in dire need of a rework. His Rework will still allow him to be a very good tank as far as i know and his Scarab ability damage will scale with Health so you are actually gaining something here.

• Like 5

What kind of content are you playing. Solo or team? Your builds?

And what happens when you die?

2 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5xz_dojuOTtq9DFA3OrC

I may be too old but I have seen too much *stuffs* that I can believe everything.

However this topic is not something wholly unbelievable.

There are 2 things that I'm not sure.

as I said:

What kind of content are you playing. Solo or team? Your builds?

I can see that user can either playing in some lower content (so they don't hit too hard) OR OP is using some weird build. I have seen Rhino build having milions of overguard. However, for me, it's too much work (1st+augment, grouping, and some other stuff that I don't remember correctly). Maybe it's the same for OP.

Another thing is

3 hours ago, RabidBark said:

Its sand shadow can scale way higher than nyx' mind control or revenants thralls.

Maybe there is some interaction with "something". I think it interact with Theorem arcanes. I don't have one maxed so it's very hard to test.

-------------------------------------------------------

However other things are... just subjective & stuff.

OP may like current version for some gameplay mechanic or aesthetics. I still prefer for it to pull towards Inaros.

I think I would be fine with status reducing armor. However it depends ratio. I think it's valid concern. What if you infuse status immunity? Would it still remove armor?

I got the same feeling with Hydroid. Is Hydroid better frame? I guess. However it's different. He doesn't have his old passive & his old 2nd ability. It's plays differently. I miss that few things about old Hydroid. I wish they have build up or changed it NOT removed it.

So I get OP feeling.

Is it bait? Who knows.

• Like 2

tell me you've never fought enemies above level 50 without telling me you've never fought enemies above level 50.

Inaros hasn't been immortal since like 2018... tankier frames like Hildryn, frames with easy invincibility like Revenant and the shield gating meta all saw to that.

so maybe you'll have to adopt a new playstyle with him? why is that something to be feared? if anything you should be celebrating, now you have the chance to experiment and discover something new, instead of playing the same old kit forever. regardless, the rework is basically already done, it's coming whether you want it to or not. I for one can't wait.

18 minutes ago, Genitive said:

You can't be serious…

Remember, there's people who swear by Loki's Switch Teleport exclusively because the Augment gives invincibility for a few seconds at a time.

I'd wager there's even Nyx players who somehow think she's fine as is (despite her CC being powercrept to hell and having to deal with the Eximus rework).

You'll be pleased to know your thread was noticed by DE and on Twitter/X they announced that the Inaros rework will be stopped immediately. 

Of course like you say, "he is the only frame that you don't really pick for abilities" so... no one is actually going to be able to tell the difference if Inaros was reworked anyway, since people using Inaros don't use his abilities. So we have now entered a catch 22 in which, no one actually knows... if or when Inaros was reworked... Like if I said, Inaros was actually reworked a month ago, you wouldn't know... He is still going to be unkillable health tank... Therefore we never really actually need to worry about Inaros being changed. Since he is as eternal as the sands of the hourglass in the solar wind... 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RabidBark said:

Good, because the original Sandstorm was absolutely terrible. Pulling enemies towards you is a GOOD thing (if it wasn't, you wouldn't be mourning the loss of Devour)

I can understand if players likes a playstyle (even bad one) and they stick with it and does not like when their toys changed but in my opinion in a game that evolves and changes when needs or when the devs pressed enough is an important thing because the game always changing and what was created at a point some day will be out dated. Nyx also a nice frame and she does her job well but it slows down the gameplay for others and her role is not an important anymore. Inaros in other hand never was specifically good at anything except being tanky by his amount of health pool. The abilities needed a refresh to be viable so hopefully he is changing for the better.

21 hours ago, RabidBark said:

I get that.  When there's something we like and suddenly we're told it's going to change, that can rattle us.  And that's not unreasonable, as while change contains the potential for things to get better, it also contains the potential for things to get worse.  Nobody wants to lose something they enjoy.

But with that said, my advice to you is to make a deal with yourself: instead of worrying about it, just wait to play the change when it's live and then determine for yourself whether you like it or not.  I know that this is easier said than done, because it's not like we can just flip a switch in our brains that turns off inconvenient emotions.  But do your best.  Personally, I've found that worrying about something that I'm powerless to control just steals my energy without providing any benefit, so doing what you can to get away from that will be a boon to you.

Wishing you the best, Tenno.

• Like 2

On 2024-03-21 at 11:31 PM, RabidBark said:

As part of the ''doesn't use negation swarm'' group, ya I do not like being forced into using negation swarm.

I also don't appreciate the aesthetic changes to the passive. I think the sarcophagus looks cooler.

What baffles me more though - Why are they splitting up his 4 into two separate abilities? Just why? I don't understand the need for that.

• Like 1