Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant Themed Warframe "Vlad" Feedback and Discussion

Synpai

anyone else think his first ability feels like a screw you Loki also his fourth ability seems like the just better versions of equinox and ivara's sleep. the whole affliction system seems cool though.

First Ability: Cast on an enemy to afflict them, making them follow you around while drawing aggro. They are invulnerable to attacks

The first ability seems to work similar in its spreading to Saryn's Spore, which might be one reason for Saryn's recent rework...or rather, a result of it. Meh

Most frames are just pieces of other frames.  That's fine.  It's all about finding what you like best and have fun with.  Don't overthink it too much lol

I agree.

They've been lamenting how they got so little frames out this year, while I think they should slow down. We have enough frames as is, and churning out more just because "we gotta" gave us Gara, Khora and now Vlad. The former two seem very subpar, and the latter is very unoriginal.

To repeat what I said in another topic...

As he is 'Vlad' steps on the toes of... what, two, three existing frames?

Right now, he seems like "Nyx but better"+"Limbo once again", and his mist seems like it has something that Wukong's 3 needs.

I understand that with that many frames it's difficult to avoid overlap (which is why I think you shouldn't hurry with more - we have many as is, focus on other parts of the game), but 'some overlap' is one thing, while "showing up one frame and doubling the other" is another.

Plus, I remember they were saying you did not want to make 'faction-themed' frames, but here we have Eidolon-frame, and there's Infested-frame (Nidus) already.

Looking forward to see how he is going to turn out in the end.

2 minutes ago, BattleChief142 said:

To be honest, he just feels like a copy and paste of other warframe abilities. While he does look cool, I personally do not like how he is a copy and paste like warframe. He is basically a combination of Nyx, Equinox/Ivara and Frost.

I agree I put some suggestions in another thread to try and make it more unique and give him some special mechanics.  

Dear Digital Extremes ,we all know that you work very hard on "The sacrifice " and "Venus plains" ,but yours company do and another things like "Vlad" or 36 Warframe...And he is....unoriginal because... yeah he have awesome appearance ,but his skills...

Lets look what with his skills is wrong.

1 skill:can make enemy friendly/Nyx's first skill make enemy like spectr (friendly)

2 skill :invincible for melee attack and attacked enemy will stun/Nyx's 4 skill with augment -full invincible for attack

3 skill: Enemy attack enemy /Nyx's 3 skill enemy attack enemy

4 skill:mass sleep /Equnox night form 2 skill-mass sleep

Yeap "Vlad" have unique feature but main skills features we already have in other frames 

obviously other frames have repititive skills like Loki and Ash invincible or Rhino skin and Nezha halo 

but here we have almost copy of Nyx 

Maybe you think about more foggy (gas) like he skills ?

Sincerely,Besaird.

I'm sure many of you have noticed by now, but every single Warframe up til now, except for Excalibur, has had an upper name length limit of 7. It's quite noticeable if you look at a name like Valkyr, which was shortened from Valkyrie, to fit that 7 character limit. I'm not sure if Revenant is the codename or the actual name of the 36th Warframe, but if it is the actual name, it's literally the first time ever, aside from Excalibur, where DE breaks that 7 character limit rule, which to me is an interesting decision.

31 minutes ago, VisionAndVoice said:

I agree.

They've been lamenting how they got so little frames out this year, while I think they should slow down. We have enough frames as is, and churning out more just because "we gotta" gave us Gara, Khora and now Vlad. The former two seem very subpar, and the latter is very unoriginal.

To repeat what I said in another topic...

As he is 'Vlad' steps on the toes of... what, two, three existing frames?

Right now, he seems like "Nyx but better"+"Limbo once again", and his mist seems like it has something that Wukong's 3 needs.

I understand that with that many frames it's difficult to avoid overlap (which is why I think you shouldn't hurry with more - we have many as is, focus on other parts of the game), but 'some overlap' is one thing, while "showing up one frame and doubling the other" is another.

Plus, I remember they were saying you did not want to make 'faction-themed' frames, but here we have Eidolon-frame, and there's Infested-frame (Nidus) already.

Looking forward to see how he is going to turn out in the end.

I don't think they're releasing new frames just to have MORE frames, though.  Seems like, since the community as a whole has acknowledged "FashionFrame is TRUE Endgame", DE is putting out more "options" for us to play.  Not so much revolutionizing what they do, so much as the THEME of how and why they can do it.

Which is something I'm cool with. 

Wukong is using what DBZ fans would know as "nimbus", more or less, and so it wouldn't make sense to give it attack power.  If anything, it'd be more like Rhino's 1, or Hydroid's wave mechanic.  Regardless, it fits the THEME of Sun Wukong.  This frame fits the theme, more or less, of Dracula, not so much the newer action-movie versions, but very close to the original novel.

I do think it needs some retooling, but they acknowledged as much, and this is only a first glance.

As for Gara, I quite like her 🙂  She's fun and looks cool, too!  Very samurai-esque.  But then again, to me the numbers aren't as important as the fun I have getting into the character.