Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

April 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

let's be real for a second: if you spent a ridiculous amount of plat on a clearly powerful Riven and didn't think it would get nerfed eventually, that's on you. people should know by now that anything can change in the game, and Rivens are even more subject to this due to their modular nature. no way in Hell Tiberon Prime was staying where it was, even though as a Tiberon Riven owner, it was pretty glorious having such a ludicrously overpowered rifle.

yes, losing a few % on our Rivens doesn't feel good, but the only people this genuinely hinders is the so called "Riven Mafia", and those who seek to dupe players out of exorbitant amounts of platinum with certain Riven Mods.

9 minutes ago, Tengarnos said:

we talking mostly about already powerfull weapons. I doub many play (except for Eidolons or Orb but Archguns dont have Rivens as far as I know) play long enough to even reach this kind of level ingame (Like 1.5hr + in Mot or compareable rotations in highes possible startlevel) to really feel the impact of the riven. Plus as stated above most nerfs as much as we dislike them (like I for my tombfinger or TheNymerian for pyrana) until now they dont have a big impact. Its a few percent points which are lost and dont have this big impact itself.

That's exactly my problem here. The difference at 160lvl+ is huge. I personally view rivens as a means to go full endgame with endless missions, they are not needed at star chart or sorties at all. That's a slap only to an extreme players like 6x3 eidolon hunters and 2 hour endurance runners.

Yes, people play sorties for rivens.

But i think people greatly misunderstood their function. Which is: making bad guns good and NOT making their good guns even better.

If you are doing sortie to get a riven for your Rubico Prime - you are doing it wrong.

If you are doing sortie to get a riven for Karak, Quartakk or Stubba - then you are on the right path.

Just now, Artekkor said:

But i think people greatly misunderstood their function. Which is: making bad guns good and NOT making their good guns even better.

To add onto this: The other stated function of rivens was to give less popular weapons a higher disposition, therefore enticing more people to use them, while at the same time giving the popular "meta" weapons a lower disposition.
This just so happens to align with the communities "Powerful = Popular".
The goal was to spread out weapon usage and try to even it out instead of having only a handful of weapons that people use.

You can see this popularity in action in a few places.  Such as the Braton series.  They aren't powerful guns...but because nearly everyone starts with one they are "popular" and therefore get a lower disposition.

11 minutes ago, MattM01 said:

Mainly this is directed at D.E. and its Devs. If people here want to comment that's cool, but it's aimed at D.E. and D.E.'s Devs.

They’re very unlikely to read or respond to this as it is in general discussion. 

You’re better placing it in one of the feedback threads or raising it in the Devstream topic which I believe accepts questions. I think that topic will be posted some time today in the livestream section of the forums. 

7 minutes ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

oh you mean like a question for their devstreams? I always figured there was a specific place to ask those things, but I've never looked for it myself...

Geez mate haven't you seen all the traffic of DE devs in general discussion, commenting on every post that's made?

vor 10 Minuten schrieb MattM01:

What are the main reasons why people do sorties?

I suspect Rivens and Kuva are the main reasons.

This is an assumption. And to assume makes an a$$ out of u and me.

vor 10 Minuten schrieb MattM01:

So with the continual change/nerfing of Rivens,

Actually, a lot more rivens were buffed instead of nerfed, so you are already wrong.

vor 12 Minuten schrieb MattM01:

this will probably cause a gradual decline in people doing daily sorties

Probably, but most likly not. (Also, another assumption.)

vor 14 Minuten schrieb MattM01:

Now these nerfs don't really bother me

Yes, it does bother you. That's the whole point of your post, so please don't assume other people are so stupid that they don't realise this. Also, you are flat out lying about your intentions.

vor 18 Minuten schrieb MattM01:

Rivens can't be trusted to keep their value/stats?

DE stated from the very introduction of rivens, that they whould be rebalanced according to current game-statistics.

vor 20 Minuten schrieb MattM01:

I could be wrong

Now, this is the first thing, you are right about.

vor 24 Minuten schrieb MattM01:

eliminating daily sorties all together

Wow, what a dramaqueen. xD

Instead of constantly re-balancing Rivens, why not take the time to fix the underlying problem of the base weaponry being unbalanced? There are far too often times when a weapon is 'not usable' without a Riven, or where having a specificly rolled riven turns an item into a god-killer.

Rivens are the antithesis of proper game balance, a bandage slapped over a wound. The augment mods that change how a weapon acts are one thing, but rivens have severely unbalanced the game

So can someone bother to explain why those guns got nerfed to their dispo? Lato already week even vandal version of it Aklex so slow to reload and you need a good roll to make it even better and it has huge recoil already akvasto and vasto same yet they dont even have enough magazine capacity to kill a heavy unit as well as sicarus and corinth and supra maybe deserved the nerf but lanka? noone even uses lanka its bad for eidolons i still dont get the reason why they even nerf sniper rivens they deal high damage already even you have a riven or not but Lanka? seriously? okay..

I don't know what you guys trying to accomplish its sure not a balance all of those pistols weak already and corinth and supra arguably good if not for the fun 

Lato: 1.4->1.35

Aklex: 0.92->0.85
Akvasto: 1.3->1.2

Sicarus: 1.3->1.15

Vasto: 1.4->1.35

Corinth: 1.05->0.95

Supra: 1->0.85

Lanka: 0.95->0.85

20 minutes ago, MattM01 said:

Mainly this is directed at D.E. and its Devs. If people here want to comment that's cool, but it's aimed at D.E. and D.E.'s Devs.

It isnt really on DE to have to answer something that at its core is a player issue.

From day one of rivens it has been known that dispositions will change, if players ignore those facts provided by DE it is really on the player to begin with. Sorties have been played since day 1 with this knowledge, why should it change now when the dispo changes occur for the second (or third?) time since their release?

edit: This whole thread is kinda like going over to the Path of Exile forums and posting something like "Oh ma gawd devs, why u reset errthing of me progrets wid de new season!? Mey swell shot down geme! -massive disgruntled gamer sigh followed by a squeeky half crying sound-". Just like rivens it would be facts known from the very beginning of the system.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb 8faiNt:

I don't know what you guys trying to accomplish

Whouldn't it be a good start to read up on what they are trying to accomplish? DE explained the whole reasoning in the very first Dev-stream after rivens were revealed, so it's actually quite easy to read up on it.

Also, a lot more guns were buffed instead of nerfed. But this is easily ignored, right? It's basically like watching a lobby-sponsored news-channel!

Just now, Walkampf said:

Whouldn't it be a good start to read up on what they are trying to accomplish? DE explained the whole reasoning in the very first Dev-stream after rivens were revealed, so it's actually quite easy to read up on it.

Also, a lot more guns were buffed instead of nerfed. But this is easily ignored, right?

if i was doing that i would cry about rubico's dispo nerf not those, all of those guns I mentioned above weak already imo most of those nerfs i mentioned above unjustified

6 minutes ago, 8faiNt said:

So can someone bother to explain why those guns got nerfed to their dispo?

They have explained this before:
One of the stated goals of the disposition system is to provide higher disposition to less popular weapons and lower disposition to more used weapons.
And these small nerfs are in line with that.
For example recently everyone and their dog has been trying the Lato Vandal out, which means its a lot more popular than its been in years, so it gets a nerf to disposition to balance that out.  And its a really small nerf.

The thing is that DE has been reviewing weapon popularity and power and changes the disposition based on both criteria.

vor 1 Minute schrieb 8faiNt:

all of those guns I mentioned above weak already

Firepower has nothing to do with riven disposition.

As I already wrote, read up on DEs reasoning, so you can give an actually educated opinion on the topic.

why complain about a system that was made to change? I use one riven at all and it's my vectis riven it got nerfed and even if I dont think it needed a nerf it also just doesn't matter cause if some people stop using the weapon it will get buffed right back up if the system is based on popularity like i've heard.

I'm not sure what the fuss is about.

DE stated from the start that they introduced rivens to shake up the meta. They see the stats, they know what weapons people use and they can see the meta. They told us directly that riven dispositions are affected by usage stats and that as usage changes they will revise the dispositions.

None of this should be a surprise. I'm not surprised. Many of the other commenters here are not surprised. My question to the OP is: why are you surprised?

The only thing that surprised me was the fact rivens exist at all. They were released within days of Steve saying on a devstream that he doesn't like mods that directly improve a weapon such that they become mandatory, such as Serration / Point  Blank / Hornet Strike / Pressure Point and that he regrets those mods being in the game.

Against this backdrop it's clear to me that top-tier weapons becoming default picks again, despite having the lowest possible riven dispositions, was going to provoke a reaction from DE.

Not everyone sees a Riven stats going from 150% to 110% as the end of the world. Rivens are still stronger than almost any other mod you could replace them with unless you're intentionally trying to compare the worst roll in the world to prove a useless point.

Archived