Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe CGI Trailer Discussion

1 hour ago, nslay said:

I hope the preview elaborates more... because I can imagine someone who has never seen Warframe thinking to themselves, "Hmm, men with rhino horns? Wait, what is Warframe? A movie... Oh... PS4 at the end... a game. OK..."

True.

Well PS4 at the end could be because of Sony, Spider-Man is Sony's property when it comes to movies(Marvel and Sony made an agreement for him to appear in the MCU movies) so it would make sense for them to advertise their own platform since this teaser is specific to the Spider-Man screening. If anything it's treated as a teaser for Tennocon but according to Mogamu this was an short cut edited version of what he saw when DE invited him, so we'll see more from it.

I keep watching it over and over. And something just dawned on me. And that's how fast Volt is actually moving compared to everyone else. That's, dare I say; flash level speed. Just watch how that Dax soldier is practically standing still. Also the ruble from the impact just hovering there. I love it. 

• Like 1

A good theory on what this CGI trailer could bring:

First, we get some backstory on how these 3 warframes ended up there as "statues", sleeping (Tenno fighting Dax). Young woman in this footage is likely some local villager for whom that place is probably a sacred site associated with Tenno, who at this point has mythical status.
She is chased by Grineer for whatever reason, which will be one of the key plot points in the new introductory quest. Her village is probably destroyed and she has nowhere else to go. So as a last resort, she goes to that sacred place and asks Tenno for help (which is why she presents them lotus flower, it could be something they're doing regularly as part of their tradition, a ceremony of sorts, a prayer).
Which is where player gets to pick their warframe and start kicking ass to save her. That girl isn't there just for cinematic, she might be an actual NPC you get to interact with.

Vor's Prize is no more.
Also, it's probably just a teaser. Putting which on the big screen like that probably cost them big bucks. I expect to see full trailer on TennoCon.

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

A good theory on what this CGI trailer could bring:

First, we get some backstory on how these 3 warframes ended up there as "statues", sleeping (Tenno fighting Dax). Young woman in this footage is likely some local villager for whom that place is probably a sacred site associated with Tenno, who at this point has mythical status.
She is chased by Grineer for whatever reason, which will be one of the key plot points in the new introductory quest. Her village is probably destroyed and she has nowhere else to go. So as a last resort, she goes to that sacred place and asks Tenno for help (which is why she presents them lotus flower, it could be something they're doing regularly as part of their tradition, a ceremony of sorts, a prayer).
Which is where player gets to pick their warframe and start kicking ass to save her. That girl isn't there just for cinematic, she might be an actual NPC you get to interact with.

Vor's Prize is no more.
Also, it's probably just a teaser. Putting which on the big screen like that probably cost them big bucks. I expect to see full trailer on TennoCon.

Unless DE want to significantly reduce the importance of Lotus to new players, there is really no reason to make any change to Vor's Prize. But considering DE might remove Lotus from the game for good after TNW, it's not impossible.

3 hours ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

I said nothing about improvement. And no s**t, it doesn't have any bearing on gameplay. It's an AD. Besides, if it's Tennocon-related, then who's to say the trailer's not going to reflect the gameplay after changes are implemented?

Because it's Digital Extremes, and they're not interested in improving the core gameplay experience. They'll add new features all day, they'll find new ways to advertise all day, they'll improve the graphics and sounds all day, but they won't touch the base gameplay elements like core movement animations or how we move and shoot with guns.

3 hours ago, Cubewano said:

Unless it draws in a bigger audience and subsequently more revenue which DE can reinvest into more projects for the game, more employees, better tech, etc. Advertising isn't an inherent waste of time, nor is trying to grow ones consumer base, Warframe needs funds to function and grow in ambitions and if this ad helps so be it. Sure there is a debate for what would be the most optimal way to advertise the game, but seeing as this ad has been out all of a day there's hardly groundwork for saying it has failed at bringing value to the game or furthermore robbed us of anything. 

Growing the player base doesn't add value to the game itself. Improving the game does. All growing the player base does is increase DE's pool of potential buying customers. They could use some of the money they get from players to hire new talented devs who have the skills to improve core areas of the game so that the core gameplay experience is better. THAT is adding value to the game.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

Hmm I'm kinda wondering if it's a preview of the new open world the Drakiri or whatever it was called with whatever is left over of the Orokin which would explain the Dax, not so much the statue warframes but maybe?

11 hours ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Since at the end there were statues like the teaser image from a devstream long ago

f89c1ee29d7fd10d509f09dd88a0f6aa.jpg

Im guessing the cinematic will be a new intro for the game that goes way more in depth about what happen before and guessing the girl running could a new character or a tenno

So, if the new intro comes to the game, will vets get to play it too?

Just now, Firetempest said:

Last time the tutorial changed older players could opt-in to replay it.

Opt in? LOL I remember getting forced in, picking Mag, playing her and then being confused when I was standing around as Loki when I got back to my Orbiter cause he was my initial starter frame 😛

12 hours ago, Diavoros said:

The teaser is for the new starting quest for warframe, that will replace vor's prize for new players, not related to new war or plains of duviri

I remember hearing that indeed, but to be fair, Steve's teaser seemed to match with that (with the 3 beginner warframes being represented), but in the trailer there is (or seems to be) an operator/Tenno. I don't see them showing the Operator in the first quest, totally ruining The Second Dream in the process.

Edited by Chewarette

16 hours ago, Firetempest said:

They did pay a company to make a umbra suit last year. And I've yet to see them make use of it other than the making of vid.

Maybe it's a live action ad. But I highly doubt anything beyond a hype trailer length.

But realistically. It's a in-game new war hype ad.

It was set as a sculprure at last tennocon i believe, this year they made a moa

42 минуты назад, Chewarette сказал:

I remember hearing that indeed, but to be fair, Steve's teaser seemed to match with that (with the 3 beginner warframes being represented), but in the trailer there is (or seems to be) an operator/Tenno. I don't see them showing the Operator in the first quest, totally ruining The Second Dream in the process.

Could be someone like little Baro? Grineer attack, girl asks for help. Only this time Tenno responded (on account of not being torn to pieces).

This has NOTHING to do with the new War.

This a trailer for the a "new begin/tutorial" for the game. To help new players for a better understanding of the game

• The three statues we see are the three current starters ( Mag , Volt & Excalibur )
  • Volt fighiting a dax solider, is a reference to the OLD war ( New war is AGAINST sentients )
  • The human we see is not our/a tenno. I can only think of Mitsuki ( of the warframe comics ), or at least a human like her
  • We can see a lot of grineers attacking, and that girl we see runing come to awake one of the three statues --> You chose your starter, the game begin. That's it.

8 hours ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Vor's Prize is no more.

It's probably going to be the same bones of the plot, or even the same plot once the Tenno actually get involved, just with much more contextualisation about the past and present instead of about three sentences and the few characters we meet. It's still the Grineer after all, and Vor's a Grineer.

At a thought it might go like this.

We open on the people in the very rural, tribal village (possibly a more conventional Ostron Market ran by a clade, as opposed to the more drifter-focused Cetus) telling the story of the fall of the Orokin and the Tenno around a crackling fire. This makes for an interesting dissonance, the old-fashioned, village stories of myths, except instead of about monsters and mythic heroes, about space battles and super soldiers. We get these cutscenes overlaid atop the voiceover. We then learn Vor is hunting for Tenno and other Orokin artifacts and destroying villages to find them, similar to the comics, and crashes this storytime. This woman escapes and is being hunted down. She finds the statues (which I'm gonna call as just that, statues), which indicates that Tenno were sleeping there. She goes into one of the chambers, and in doing so, draws the attention of the Lotus, who, noticing her plight, wakes up the Tenno in the room to protect her (since it's faster than sending one there). We choose our frame, then get woken up. Vor comes in and ignores the girl over the Tenno prize, attaching an Ascaris, maybe with a taunt "Thank you girl. You led me right to my prize." He leaves but orders the soldiers to kill her. Cue us killing them and proceeding through the quest more or less as before. Everything else progresses similarly - we see the first ship blow up, get redirected, encounter Vor, meet Ordis and get aboard the Orbiter. We're tasked with removing the Ascaris and avenging the Girl's village, both of which involve killing Vor. Instead of the quest ending, we get a more proper conclusion with us dropping off the woman at Cetus.

That could work out pretty well IMO.

We might also choose our frame before that point, during the Old War/Collapse segment and get our tutorial during that as a dream sequence of sorts, before waking up in the cutscene more seamlessly

• Like 1

About how an Ostron girl starring as Operative in a Radiation Defense Sortie on the Plains of Eidolon is fending for herself, when Atlas accidentally got procced and hit Petrify on Excalibur, Volt, and Mag, then went off screen in shame.

7 hours ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

Growing the player base doesn't add value to the game itself. Improving the game does. All growing the player base does is increase DE's pool of potential buying customers. They could use some of the money they get from players to hire new talented devs who have the skills to improve core areas of the game so that the core gameplay experience is better. THAT is adding value to the game.

So we agree those acts aren't mutually exclusive, and them cultivating a larger audience could have merit that just isn't immediately apparent. 

18 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

I'd prefer constant Prime Trailers of lower quality than this...

I'd prefer constant content to those high effort things that in the end only last a couple of hours after years of work

• Like 1

Or maybe we can get to playe in different perspective and just running and hidden with women/girl on the trailer. And just watch cool action animations when you try to survive... Like some mini disappoint mission. 😏👍 or maybe we can gate cinematic quest about old/new war and playe 3 missions with 3 different frames in different perspective and maybe 3 or 4 more mission in something totally unexpected situation...

Edited by Vlada91