Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Partners Leaving how does warframe fare?

(PSN)sweatshawp

Someone who puts videos's up on YT/whatever is but a slightly larger blip on the radar than someone who doesn't, if they leave then they have left and someone else will eventually take that space. If you decide to stop playing a game because a person on the internet stopped all that proves is that your a sheep incable of making your own choices.

On 2019-08-24 at 3:37 AM, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

I genuinely wanna know how people think the longevity of the game will be with core content creators and streamers putting warframe on the back burner or leaving the game. For reasons that many vets are complaining about (not all but a lot). Such as not enough content no challenge etc. I love this game and I’d hate to see it fade away but it feels like as time goes on it’s getting exponentially worse to say hey I’ve played warframe for an extended period of time. And if you feel like I should just play something else I do... often.... again it’s sad to see the game I love so much and put so much time into go on the decline (in my personal op) and again please don’t spam the comments with Therese plenty things to do in warframe like (help new players fashion frame remove mods to make the game more challenging wait on rail jack) a lot of people are tired of hearing that because... it hasn’t gotten better and a lot of us feel like it won’t. Most of the things all you guys are saying to us we’ve said it to others before until we got to this point where we see warframe for what it is now. Empty and lacking content challenge and from how things are going seemingly longevity.  Sorry for the rambling but how do you all feel about the current state of the game and partners / streamers leaving WF or not focusing on it?

I don't care about youtubers and such. In fact I think they are cancerous tumours in the internet that shouls be erradicated. Only people who don't want to think for themselves follow those kinds of bags of feces. DE knows how much people plays and how they play. And Warframe is thriving. Let those "streamers", "youtubers", whatever, burn themselves.

And let all the people who are bored or who say there's no content, leave. DE can live without a couple hundred of pestilent whiners.

people like me at least tend to watch someone on twitch because that twitcher is playing a game that interest me, once that twitcher starts playing some other game i have zero interest in. i just tune in to some other twitcher who is playing a game i am interested in, never once followed a streamer to another game just because of who the streamer is, might work with kids following some thot around but *meh* to each their own.

as for people leaving, well thats kidna expected, the core game hasnt changed much at all since 2014, only additions are pretty minor gimmick stuff tbh, never been interested in godzilla fights or open world, i see them all as timegated dull boltins with rubbish non-warframe-like professions slapped in because reasons, i still spend more time in the "Classic" warframe doing corridor run and gun or playing defence missions.

Edited by Methanoid

I decided to turn the question towards players, the intent is to understand the community's feelings about warframe today?

So, are you satisfied?

Are you satisfied for getting frequent and constant release of cosmetics, skins, deluxe skins? While getting constant delays for more hyped content that otherwise turn out to be average?

Are you satisfied for getting recycled content without new exciting content like events that balances the game's content drought?

Are you satisfied for getting yearly(sometimes more) short lived quests or expansions that end in a few hours?

Are you satisfied for the lack of communication between the devs (i've played other games and the devs there were more talkative and reply with detailed and lengthened texts providing feedback to our feedback)

Are you satisfied for how unorganised and messy this forum turned out to be?

Are you satisfied with some updates or overhauls/changes not getting a second look even if players stated their dissatisfaction for said changes

If you can answer some of these please do, we'd like to know

• Like 1

cosmetics and engine improvements i have liked over the years, but the core game imho has not improved 1 single bit since 2014, i am probably 1 of the few that has no enjoyment of open world mostly due to forcing me to take up forced professions required for progression, instead i just ignore it totally because they are so dull, boring and tedious, instead i stick to classic warframe and just carry on the normal original fun warframe run and gun.

thankfully classic warframe is still enjoyable.

Edited by Methanoid

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

And please i don't want to hear some repetitive and redundant talks bashig my post because i may slightly seem against DE, this is only to hope for the best!

Well since you brought it up you know people are going to mention it now. This post has a very negative tone to it so I wouldn't expect it to go well.

But to answer your question, yes. I am satisfied with Warframe. These developers actually care about their game and they're doing their best with it. Great things take time.

• Like 7

I have my opinion on this subject but I warn you this may be long a bit and the grammar would be mediocre at best so forgive me that, my native language is not the english.

Before I start I think it is important to describe what content creator we talk about and who is content creator.

Short answer - content creator is that person, whom creating a subject related to a topic which could be in game or outside of the game ( in this case ).

We can count as content creators the video makers because they also put energy into making videos which is consists the planning, making raw material, cutting the material and fine tune into a usable video which entertain or teach others. I do not know so much youtuber for warframe because I am also not bothers with them in the reality, but their existence is not weightless. The first and foremost reason why DE partnering with these content creators is they promoting the game and their subscribers giving them a potential playerbase. More or less the content creators changing each other so one leave other coming to fill the place but that is important for the game to have promoter otherwise less player can get into the game or won't know it at all. Of course not all subscriber will try the game but a x % possibly could go for it, and also y % could follow their youtubers so they leave the game also. Normally a company can promote their game via marketing but beign a medium sized semi independent game studio which use free to play model that is really matter, how many partner they have because paying small fees for partners is much cheaper than keeping a full marketing company which eats thousands of millions for promoting the game. Basically these youtube-twitch-mixer etc platform promoters are promoting the game with less money. In the old times  before the internet was a thing or was not popular as today most of the companies if wanted to be successful needed to spend tons of money to promote their wares. 

Less promoter nowaday means potentially less player because some will follow their promoters while others not mind if leave or stay regardless of creator we talk about. Not all potential subcriber will be player but a good portion could be and some marketing for a game is always good which normally should have spent millions on it. Comparing to Destiny in the activision era they spent a lot of money on marketing, which meant the game was not profitable because the huge creation cost and marketing cost made the game too expensive with high exceptations. In Warframe the thing is the opposite, because DE in my best knowledge " could be wrong, pls keep in mind that " they does not spent millions on marketing and what money they saved pumped into the game what they do nowadays too. Their only major flaw is their content creation speed and quality is not always the best. They have a bad habit to make half baked content and that is not really good for the promoters whom specialized to make warframe contents because if there is bothing to show then they cannot earn money. 

In this point we need to separate content creators, because those whom making warframe art-concepts, skins and other stuff are widely different and they are also playing the game but they have their in game products which makes them a fix source of profit. In the other hand the video content makers need to make weekly at least one video about the game but if you have no idea what to do just running in circles then you could often stress yourself what to do which feels fresh and not repetitive. Burn out in this case could be the stress, because making content, redoing content and focusing on making content bearing with critics can be stressful. Also if they forced to play the game, then the moral also differ than if you just log in and play for fun. They are often in the wrong end, where they cannot enjoy the game, because they need to do some content which is not repetitive, unique enough to show the possible new players how good warframe is. Normally if there is no content players searching for other games or habits so they can stay long in the game. I personally never make breaks, just plays less and I still have something to do. Honestly those whom stay in a long time in a game, they do for passion and because they like what the game can contribute.

Most of the video content creators burn out of this reason, and that is important to have a stabile content creator base with high numbers of subscribers and it matters to DE also, because that is not less important how many players these peoples can grant. A content creator with 10k sub is less important than a creator who have 150k or 200k because if we see in percents a 10k sub base could possibly be all but 10% maximum who will plays the game for long time and that 10% with higher numbers means more player who could spend on the game. Normally I would agree with those whom say this is unfair to those whom not popular and just playing the game and the creators has granted rights and advantages but their symbiotic link is based on only the possible player generating. A player like me, who just plays the game, plays the game since the open beta start, spent money on the game in my early 1-2 year then stopped spending because they changed the login system and that meant no discounts anymore for me so no sees benefit to spend money on them anymore is not that important, than a  player who could bring new faces here.  The loyality and the passion and love towards to the game is not enough to keep them well fed so it is normal they will instead promote these promoters because they basically make their duty so they don't need to do that.

If we talk about the non video content creators, their existence is less important, because they creating fan arts and maybe skins and weapons which possibly could be sold in game, but that is still means less profit to the developers than a video promotion. The best promotion to the devs would be if they hire more person, who helps the make a lot and good quality content and the game could sells itself by the quality but we know the reality is different. A good product not always mean fix everything and still you can bankrupt no matter how good your product if you cannot share with the majority. Warframe is quite popular game, but yet needs to grow root in epic, discord, other gaming platforms and make a bit more expensive marketing to be recognized as a popular fun game. The only problem is the game indeed fun at the early times but if there is no meaningful content for the old timers, whom probably burn out or finished all major content in normal space, then the game getting negative reviews which impacts the sales aswell. In 2 part need they imporve a lot, fixing old content so they could balance the game around it, and the new and old player retaining. Both thing possible to do, but the latter is harder because they need a clear direction what the game needs so they could balance it.

Fixing old content needs a direction, what they should buff, nerf, what mechanics needs to be refreshed and what needs to be rid out. 

Personally I am caring on how many player could plays the game, because the more is always better, better because you can find friends, refresh your passion, or just teach new ones how to play. Content creators also needs to make the game more popular so we cannot say they don't missing if they are leaving, because in this situation the devs needs them, because of their lack of own power for marketing. Companies like EA can make a huge marketing and they don't depend on promoters, because no matter how bad ther image, they still can find x million vegetables whom buying their products 🙂. Their marketing power is higher because they started as publisher and they developed a strong marketing team which can sell everything to everyone. Different companios operate differently and DE is that company, which is more dependant on the free marketing sources than the own marketing power. Maybe the Leyou helps them with this, because that is important to them too, that the game thrive and remain successful, otherwise not worth to invest the time and rescources on DE. 

This is just my opinion, and feel free to critize or agreeing with me.

• Like 6

I'm satisfied with Warframe yes. I've followed the game and it's development for years. And in my opinion, it has come a very long way, more than Id ever expect for a free to play game.

1. Cosmetic releases are awesome. Costumization is a personal preference, but for me, I love the vast ocean of possibilities when it comes to costumization. Delayed content happens. Sometimes content needs more polish, which is better than being released broken. Wether its avarage or not, is up to the individual.

2. Recycled content how? I personally think we are getting a good handful of new and innovative content.

3. I agree quests tends to be on the short end. I wish they were longer. But a good handful of the quests are great quality wise. Not sure what you want though, new content is rarely a full games length. You can always do like most of us do, and take a year off, and come back later. Last time I came back, I got at least a hundred more hours worth of content and fun. Even if that wasnt the case, I still have thousands of hours registrered in the game on steam. Something not very many games can offer. So that by itself is impressive.

4. The developers used to be better at communication. But I think that might also have something to do with the sheer increase of the community as a whole. I think DE is among the best when it comes to communicating with the players and listening to feedback. The developers is at least 30% of the reason why Ive stuck with the game for so long. I love DE.

5. This forum is among the best organized gaming forum Ive been on. Not perfect but very accessable and easy to navigate.

6. Several items and/or warframes has gotten more than 1 overhaul due to player feedback. I wont pretend to know why it doesnt happen more often. Maybe the amount of feedback requiring another overhaul just isnt enough? Either way, it happens.

All in all, Im very happy with Warframe, and everytime I come back Im impressed with the progress that has been made. There are certain elements about the game I don't like, but that happens with every game. 

EDIT: Would be cool if people didnt derail the thread. The discussion isnt "should this thread exist". Either participate in the discussion or piss off.

Edited by Zareek
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, Zareek said:

Recycled content how? I personally think we are getting a good handful of new and innovative content

Thank you for the reply...it was awesome 

But i mean recycled content like the ghouls, plague star, fomorian, razorback

I have no problem with getting another chance to do these content but...it's annoying when we get only them and nothing new

So when people disagree with you, it's  negative comments by trolls? Very mature, OP, very mature

Am I satisfied? Yes, I'm still playing until today with no break at all so is there something else you want to ask?

Skins? Doesn't matter much, I have more reasons to keep playing and hoard platinum for that. Hyped content? Is it really hyped or it's just you hyping it up? I'm certainly hyped for railjack but I'm not going to keep asking when it will come out. Let them do it as much as they can and enjoy when it comes out.

Event? Look at dog days, you want more exciting content that balances the content drought like that?

Also, is it really content drought, or merely not wanting to play existing content for millions of reasons?

You want to have longer quests and expansions? Sure, you can give them more money to help them finance their work and their expansions isn't something dropped and no more content afterwards, it's pieces by pieces unless you ignore something like tridolon and orb mothers that come after the release

Lack of communication? What is the devstream if not communication? You've played other games where the devs are more talkative? What are the games? And what they're talking about?

When you make this kind of disrespectful post calling others troll, don't expect something organised

Not getting second look? Not everything must be done in a heartbeat, there are considerations to do on feedbacks. Why don't you try making a game, just something small and I'll keep bashing you over and over for not giving a second look in a day

And no, this is hardly hoping for the best when you keep making posts like this and call others troll

• Like 2

It's pretty solidly in "OK" territory. I can log in for an hour or so and have fun. I get frustrated with host migrations and melee 2.9999 being fairly terrible. Can't seem to muster up the energy to grind hard like I did when I first started playing, but that might be a positive. It's a game I see myself staying with for a long time, but in small doses, if that makes sense.

Just now, 844448 said:

So when people disagree with you, it's  negative comments by trolls? Very mature, OP, very mature

Not really...i get personally attacked by some people here, just because i criticize DE, like trolling level of personal attacks

It's not about disagreements 

Because as you can see, many people here disagree with me

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Not really...i get personally attacked by some people here, just because i criticize DE, like trolling level of personal attacks

It's not about disagreements 

Because as you can see, many people here disagree with me

That doesn't justify your statement about being bombarded with negative comments by trolls and your threads have more negative than positive