The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[All Platforms] Hallowed Flame Tactical Alert

[DE]Danielle

i was a bit worried that using one of the same Mechanics from the Zealot Assassination would feel samey, but this did still feel sufficiently different enough.

i'm quite happy with everything about the setup of this Halloween Event. i do miss a bit of the super Melee themed Event (mostly just the Melee part), but this certainly puts on a nicer show.
so, job well done.

10 hours ago, Haranthus said:

This mode is super frustrating ... you can't keep the lantern alive if no enemies are spawning ...

Reminds me of Survival when it was first introduced many years ago now.

Not enough enemies to even make it to 10 minutes lol.. Sucks to anyone who doesnt or isnt interested in totally researching the inner workings of the games flaws. (like spawns effected by enemy radar)

Very nice Ephemera. I'm used it on some Frames now (Nekros for sure :cool:), but i'm sad, no new festive decoration or "decorations glyphs" (like the Christmas Bauble glyph) for Halloween for the Orbiter. In my Tenno Dream, this festive decoration could have a Skeleton (in place of the Snowman), Spider's Webs and Pumpkins :inlove:

Every time there's a tiny bit of challenge introduced to the game, a flood of complains ensues. Sorry, but if you can't make it to 15 min that's on you alone...

I enjoyed the endurance mode more than I thought I would, but it seems I'm in the minority here.

Whoever mentioned about the AI not being fixed and this highlighting a known and old issues that's still unresolved... that really helped.

With max enemy radar it felt like I was running around holding a dinner bell.

Got to 15 minutes solo easily and then started goofing off a bit looking for caches and still kept it going past 18 minutes.

If this weren't a buggy mess, it could be fun.  But the fact that a lot of common CC makes enemies in the light immune to damage, and survival AI range is determined by enemy radar, it just leaves many players to have a bad experience on their first time through.

19 hours ago, (PS4)Q7XR2-75B said:

Did you all forget Mesa exists? Just run her with a random group, grab the lantern and have at it. She dominates this game mode.

If anyone needs help, shoot me a message in game and I'll run with you. 

The issue with Mesa ( and other nuke frames as well ) is that the lantern light still has a too small radius.

I do really enjoy the concept of this event. Nice change from the previous years. I however do echo the statement of some of the above posters about the lantern draining WAY too fast, in comparison to enemy spawns (and I'm a solo player for the most part these days) One ancient rip line is literally enough to set me from 80%+ down to 40% or under. And it is nearly impossible to recover afterwards, due to the minuscule range of the light once you're on your feet. Two failed runs, both at 9mins+, one was 8 seconds short of 10 mins. both failed simply because I could no longer find enough enemies to kill fast enough.

P.S. the ramp room sucks ❤️

On 2019-10-25 at 10:06 PM, baghnakh said:

The endurance part is way too difficult. I kill enemies faster than they spawn so I always end up losing all charge after some minutes, sometimes you even go to the next area when Infested start to spawn in a new room and it's just completely empty and I have to wait several seconds for 2-3 monsters to spawn but at that moment I already went from 100% to 20%.

Besides I'm getting too many Limbo players in public grabbing the lamp and banishing enemies into the rift so the rest of the group can't kill them, effectively trolling and ruining the last part.

You should double or triple the spawn rate for solo players so the last part is actually achievable. I can't stand Limbo trolls in public matches anymore. Please fix this, increase spawn rate.

That trolling is awful and the spawn rate can be annoying, as is the fact that knockdown kills don't count.
At least we can trigger some spawns with the large pumpkins and get some charge from the small ones.

Zero explanation unless you come to the forums to read info that should be in the game. ✔️

A goofy untested game mode that discourages coop play. ✔️

A goofy untested game mode that's entirely possible to fail due to sparse enemy spawns if you solo. ✔️

A goofy untested game mode that shuts out a great portion of abilities and frames usefulness due to CC immunity. ✔️

All the trappings of a great event.

i have mixed feelings about this event

on one hand, i thought the first 3 were fine, it was a fun and interesting mechanic

on the other hand, i went solo first for tier 4, failed 7 minutes in because enemies werent spawning fast enough and there werent enough, this was when i was switching rooms when a new horde area was spawned, then when i went in with randoms after that we got to 13 minutes with 2 minutes remaining and all the enemies in the room we just entered were on the BOTTOM half, the entrance to this room from where we were coming was at the top, and we failed cause the guy with the lantern didnt go down so we could kill them

all runs after that were basically the same, the last run i did we were 4 minutes away with 2 people down because they were playing squishy frames and the guy holding the lantern, also a squishy frame, i dont even know what he was doing at that point but he wasnt close enough so i could kill this huge group of enemies to get the charge back up, ended up failing, common issue seems to be, besides bad randoms, that the lantern drains too quickly and not enough enemies spawn when you need it

i dont get why the amount of enemies that spawn in solo is less than a full group for stuff like this, it ends up screwing you over if youre solo, and the lantern charge drains far too quickly with the lack of reliability on enemy spawns, if you stop killing for 2 seconds cause of it you can easily get #*!%ed over, if enemy spawns were increased and/or the lantern drain rate was decreased it would make things better

Undying flyer pods aren't taking damage from melee strikes and I've had a few that haven't taken damage from primary/secondaries either. So glad I have swarms of these things that I literally can't kill while trying to finish endurance to get the ephemera. Also had a few mobs be invincible even inside the range of the lamp. Also, generally getting from one spawn area to the next is too far away and the lamp goes out. 0/10 will never run again.

Without Using a Speed Nova and a Good Team... don't even try to get the Ephemera
First Point: Enemys Spawn everywere and even if you stand in them it won't or sometimes just a few second reg the light
Sec Point: Poison... at some point... if a Infested D**k means to fly into you and leaves a trail out of Nuklear Detonation you die Instandly... this Sucks
Third point: let the speed in wich the light goes out slower... like normal speed in survival... cuz if you just kill for 5 seconds nothing cuz nothing is in reach... the light dies Quick and sometimes you can't recover it.
fourth Point and the last one: The Rewards in the Map per Cache is laughable... 125 Kuva... Wow sooo much this encurages everyone to search and open those useless Container... 1000 kuva per Cache would be nice... cuz more people would actually put time in this Eventy and have atleast another Goal than just hit the Magical 15 minute mark... but no.. nerfing Riven Dispo is easier than lowering the Roll cost and give us more oportunitys to get Kuva..

Well done DE Recycling the Boss fight for survival...
*Goes Slowly clapping Away*

12 hours ago, TheArcSet said:

That trolling is awful and the spawn rate can be annoying, as is the fact that knockdown kills don't count.
At least we can trigger some spawns with the large pumpkins and get some charge from the small ones.

I was so focused on keeping the lantern powered, that I forgot about the pumpkins o_O Thanks for reminding me! Today me and my squadmate managed ~11minutes before we ran out of spawns. So tomorrow I'll try smashing some pumpkins in addition 😄

15 hours ago, IIDMOII said:

Zero explanation unless you come to the forums to read info that should be in the game. ✔️

A goofy untested game mode that discourages coop play. ✔️

A goofy untested game mode that's entirely possible to fail due to sparse enemy spawns if you solo. ✔️

A goofy untested game mode that shuts out a great portion of abilities and frames usefulness due to CC immunity. ✔️

All the trappings of a great event.

Now here I need to ask on this, but why do you need to read the forums for solutions ?
After I figured kill enemies fasts also give light, I just spam speednova and stopped worrying about the pumpkins.
Heck I don't even want CC because slowing down kill time is negative so only nova speed master frame for this event.

Just like why I pick Nekros for survivals so I can ignore most life support.

I completed the event like within endurance the day it was released with a pug, not a clan team, so how was it difficult ?
In fact there is no difference between a newbie player and veteran here since it uses the same mechanics that we all know from the Arlo nightwave.

Kudos on an actual event.

Points taken for this being the most annoying survival mission I've ever had.  Ripping straight into this:

1. If you have a Volt, Nidus, Khora, or any frame that pins enemies you can abort at the start.  Their CC abilities make enemies immortal.
  2. If you don't have a speed Nova, or somebody got cheeky with power donation, you can abort.  Enemies need to rush into that small area, and with the broken spawns it's going to be a pain.
  3. Cache hunting is a joke.  Tiny amounts of Kuva, a Lith relic, a few hundred endo, and the sigil.  9+ reward rolls and I'd be angrier if 75% of the team was wasting time finding the caches.
  4. Speaking of which, one team member effectively is the only thing that matters.  Everyone else should either buff or revive, because the paltry area doesn't given you any other option.
  5. The rewards are...ok.  The ephemera is not bad, but is an ephemera.  By definition, something inconsequential and fleeting.
  6. It's better than fisticuffs against the Juggernaut, with a timer and AI too stupid to complete a run against the pumpkin pile.  That's damning with false praise there, because a hangnail was better than that mess.  Can we go back to the fog missions on earth, with buffed enemies with cleavers and melee only?  That was fun.  Yeah the grind for points sucked, but seeing where we went from there it's much better where we were.

In total...I'm further disappointed.  It's not RNG, so a hearty win there.  Unfortunately it is not fun, spooky, or challenging.  It's a gear check and frustration for the one person who the entire run hinges upon.  I lost the 15 minutes because a Volt paralyzed enemies so far off screen that I couldn't kill faster than the drain.  I lost because somebody else sat in a corner and ran out the timer because...there's no real instructions and by the time you get to the 15+ minute requirement many people have been carried there.  Those who weren't carried are using garbage gear, and those toxic procs can nuke a frame from full health if it's the caster this game requires.  I even lost because the lantern carrier decided to leave at 5 minutes, because they didn't get the increasing timer requirements.

Another swing and a miss.  With the Catchmoon stripping plans...I'm starting not to care.  2+ months of grinding ESO and I don't have a Lato Vandal barrel.  100+ runs, and I can't get the MR it represents.  This level of crap is almost Xiphos level insulting.  So we are clear, you're better getting a minimum wage job, earning money for a week or so, and purchasing the Xiphos than grinding for it.  ESO is only mildly tolerable because it's a syndicate standing farm.  As far as I'm concerned if Railjack isn't amazing it's another 2 year hiatus here.  Nothing in this game is worth the frustration, when time and again things release broken, get patched months later, and get "fixed" by changing to what the community asked for in the first place.  All the while, there's no acknowledgment that the community has a good proposed fix....because developers apparently know best.

Archived