Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lock the ''Find the anomaly'' Objective until everything else is completed

Syeri

The title says it all, please DE, make it happen. The way it is now is horrible and ruins the whole experience of the new quest and the farm of the parts of the new weapon. No need to explain why.

Update: scroll down, Test-995 said a better idea.

Edited by Krizero
  • Like 2

Just now, Krizero said:

No need to explain why.

There really is a need to explain why.

People have to farm it for the parts, locking it will make it so much harder. There are fairly obvious benefits to the way it is now.

Spoiler

Mainly, you can leave if you do not get the stuff you want. This is a benefit as you have a very short window to farm it. I don't want to waste hours and hours waiting, then not getting anything useful.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nslay said:

Make the ship always spawn because this shouldn't be as irritating as PoE and Eidolons, but have the parts drop with 0.5% chance like War parts from Conculyst.

Tbh, out of all of these, i would prefer this one. Would be the same grind for the Shedu as it is currently designed but there would be less leaving.

Edited by GPrime96

"Hey lets spend 30 minutes killing ships so we can farm a ship that shows up for 30 minutes every 3 hours"

OR
"How to find one sentient ship every 3 hours"

No, it's a horrible idea, I don't like having to abort if I don't get drops, but if I'm gonna get it in any sort of reasonable time, I NEED to farm the thing by hopping missions.

• Like 6

On 2019-12-19 at 1:31 AM, Krizero said:

No need to explain why.

This statement is the hallmark of a terrible idea. When I soloed the missions I did the Outpost first and then cleared the fighters and crewships. I'm willing to do the busywork involved with the Outpost missions but only after I do what I came there to do. I'm sure others feel the same. Just throw a less valuable item in the drop table that comes up Unidentified like the contents of a cache and we're good.

• Like 1

On 2019-12-19 at 7:33 AM, krc473 said:

Mainly, you can leave if you do not get the stuff you want. This is a benefit as you have a very short window to farm it. I don't want to waste hours and hours waiting, then not getting anything useful.

That is the very heart of the problem and why OP's request is reasonable one. You just get people rushing into the Sentient ship and leave if no part drops. GG now if you want to actually complete the map, have fun doing it alone. Bonus points if the host is among the rushers causing a host migration.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mephane said:

GG now if you want to actually complete the map, have fun doing it alone.

I have the Shedu, so I have been running it for extra parts to sell. I always rush and do the anomaly first. I have had two runs where people have left in the last 10. In both cases I ended up with a full squad to do the rest of the mission. Yes, I get that there are problems, but many people also stay even if there is no part.

I like the idea, just lock the sentient ship until we got everything else done... so no more leavers or rushers who ignore everything and go directly into the ship and leave if no shedu was in there...there is no excuse for this kind of behavior other than " i want it now"...this isn't Burger King.. you can't have it your way....

Uhhhh, no.  Most effective farm method for shedu is to load in as soon as the mission pops with lootframes, rush to the anomaly, kill all the sentients, see if parts drop, if they don't drop reset.  Don't make an annoying weapon to farm for even harder to obtain, that's just being mean to the community for no reason at all.  If you hate people quitting out of your mission so much why are you going to the anomaly mission when it's active, oh right you want the shedu and I just outlined the best way to obtain it.  

4 hours ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

Uhhhh, no.  Most effective farm method for shedu is to load in as soon as the mission pops with lootframes, rush to the anomaly, kill all the sentients, see if parts drop, if they don't drop reset.  Don't make an annoying weapon to farm for even harder to obtain, that's just being mean to the community for no reason at all.  If you hate people quitting out of your mission so much why are you going to the anomaly mission when it's active, oh right you want the shedu and I just outlined the best way to obtain it.  

Yes i actually think it NEEDs to be locked until you complete all other tasks. you want that sweet new weapon or its parts just to sell for high prices? then you help the rest of us actually complete the mission instead of joining our pub games rushing it then dipping if no parts drop. ive been reporting everyone who drops out after they rush the ship. hopefully yall get a temp ban. and increasing duration each time you do that garbage,

its disrespectufl and rude to join the mission only for 1 thing and leave if you dont get it, leaving everyone else who to struggle to complete the mission and reap their rewards all because your too impatient or greedy. your hurting other players who just want to run the mission. so yes i think its perfectly fair. you want to screw over players wanting to do the mission normally risking them losing all their loot just because you want to make a ton of platinum or are too impatient to get the weapon, then have fun not being able to actually play the game for 3 days. maybe then itl TEACH you some patience. 

you know what IS being mean to the community? joining pubs, rushing the ship and then quitting because you didnt get what you wanted leaving the rest to fend for themselves.

• Like 2

Can't wait for all this to be a none issue when the full sentient node releases and these complaints become pointless. Some people want new weapon for various reasons and want to get it as fast as possible. 

Honestly the only change they should  make is have other units drop the parts so it's a easier grind and people feel less pressured to farm it in the speediest way possible 

24 minutes ago, (XB1)Madinogi said:

Yes i actually think it NEEDs to be locked until you complete all other tasks. you want that sweet new weapon or its parts just to sell for high prices? then you help the rest of us actually complete the mission instead of joining our pub games rushing it then dipping if no parts drop. ive been reporting everyone who drops out after they rush the ship. hopefully yall get a temp ban. and increasing duration each time you do that garbage,

its disrespectufl and rude to join the mission only for 1 thing and leave if you dont get it, leaving everyone else who to struggle to complete the mission and reap their rewards all because your too impatient or greedy. your hurting other players who just want to run the mission. so yes i think its perfectly fair. you want to screw over players wanting to do the mission normally risking them losing all their loot just because you want to make a ton of platinum or are too impatient to get the weapon, then have fun not being able to actually play the game for 3 days. maybe then itl TEACH you some patience. 

you know what IS being mean to the community? joining pubs, rushing the ship and then quitting because you didnt get what you wanted leaving the rest to fend for themselves.

Good luck with that.  You won't see me in pubs, I actually play with friends instead of random people 98% of the time the 2% is hydron leveling of gear that I rarely do anymore because leveling gear when hunting a lich is much easier and at least accomplishes something.  You go into public missions, you can't hold people accountable for their actions.  DE isn't about to risk alienating their playerbase more by handing out temp bans for quitting out of missions, it costs them money.  If they were to implement a solution it would be to make the anomaly node permanently available as a separate node so people can go in and get their drops.  Such a thing would be way too convenient though.  

On 2019-12-18 at 11:33 PM, krc473 said:

There really is a need to explain why.

You want an explanation?
Fine.

IF someone rushes the ship, and then aborts once they clear it out guess what happens?  The ship becomes impossible for anyone else in the team to enter!
This makes it hard for people who want to see the node or get the Erra quest to do because now they are locked out of that ship.

13 hours ago, nerfinator6 said:

I NEED to farm the thing by hopping missions.

Then do it with a group of people who think the same instead of ruining pubs maybe?
Especially when you could be locking someone out of the ship or the Erra questline.

Especially if you're someone who rushes the ship solo, clears it out and gets a part and then teleports back to the ship which locks other people out of entering the sentient ship meaning they can't get the drops you just got.

And yes I have had to sit through that with the rusher going "So what?  I got my part..." to which I gave him a host migration so he lost it....

Edited by Tsukinoki
  • Like 2

Locking it may seem fine to you, but how about increasing the time from 30 minutes to at least an hour or so, while also decreasing the wait time to at least an hour as well? This is worse than doing Tridolon Hunts as:

• Fifty minutes of hunting, with a 100 minute wait (day time)
  • Thirty minutes only, with a 3 hour wait time.

If you're going to ask for DE to change something about the anomaly, I feel like it would make more sense to ask for them to instead, you know... make the entire situation of its accessibility less obnoxious so that people won't be encouraged so much to run it in the most rushy ways possible?

It's very silly for this to be how the anomaly works. It sort of made sense as being like this just for the intro so it could be a "neat mystery" for people to unravel, but we're past that point now.

Edited by OvisCaedo

1 hour ago, Tsukinoki said:

You want an explanation?
Fine.

IF someone rushes the ship, and then aborts once they clear it out guess what happens?  The ship becomes impossible for anyone else in the team to enter!
This makes it hard for people who want to see the node or get the Erra quest to do because now they are locked out of that ship.

Then do it with a group of people who think the same instead of ruining pubs maybe?
Especially when you could be locking someone out of the ship or the Erra questline.

Especially if you're someone who rushes the ship solo, clears it out and gets a part and then teleports back to the ship which locks other people out of entering the sentient ship meaning they can't get the drops you just got.

And yes I have had to sit through that with the rusher going "So what?  I got my part..." to which I gave him a host migration so he lost it....

HAHAHAHAAHHA Sweet mother frigging KARMA. i bet he was FURIOUS with you after that happened. probably screaming his lungs out that he finnally got a part only to immediately lose it because he was too selfish by screwing you out of getting the part as well.

i was actually thinking of buying the Shedu set yesterday for 1000p but then i looked at how much i had (1065) and i decided against it. not sure when ill get the weapon myself but its not that big of a priority for me. but getting a part would be nice. 

please DE, make it happen.

Dear God no.

The way it is now is horrible and ruins the whole experience of the new quest

The only two things that are awful are:

1. The fact that the ship only shows up every 2.5 - 3 hours and there's no ingame timer to let you know when it'll pop up. We have to rely on non-DE sources to figure out when the ship will show up.

2. The ship shows up for 30 minutes at a given node. That means if you get into a protracted battle with the Grineer, you have even less time to do what you need to do on the ship.

No need to explain why.

Yes, there is.

2 hours ago, dEjAvU5566 said:

Blame DE, not players.

Anomaly mode only exists for a period of time, of course it will becomes like this.

This.

15 hours ago, Mephane said:

You just get people rushing into the Sentient ship and leave if no part drops.

Do you know WHY said people are doing this?

Hint: Anomaly that shows up for 30 minutes that has a fairly uncommon enemy that has a 4% chance of dropping parts for a pretty decent new weapon. No-one hunting for those parts, in their right minds, is going to waste any time. What if people jumped into a mission and the anomaly's already been there for 15 minutes? The Grineer aren't going away but the Sentient certainly will.

People will deliberately go to the ship node for one of three reasons: Quest, weapon parts, or codex completion. Everything else SHOULD be secondary due simply to the limited time the anomaly shows up.

As someone else said, blame DE for creating a scenario that promotes behavior that some might consider to be toxic.

4 hours ago, Duality52 said:

Locking it may seem fine to you, but how about increasing the time from 30 minutes to at least an hour or so, while also decreasing the wait time to at least an hour as well?

I was just thinking that as well. Excellent suggestion.

4 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

The ship becomes impossible for anyone else in the team to enter!

Then make it so that the ship isn't "locked out". Obvious solution to me.