Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean: Kuva Lich Changes 27.1.0 + 27.1.0.1

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Railjack Host being able to use Navigation before the mission is complete and Clients inability to use Navigation at all when launched from the Dry Dock.

• For clarification, the correct functionality is Host and Client can use Railjack Navigation after mission complete and neither can use Navigation before mission complete.

Ah yes, so now even when I am hosting any railjackass can just send us into another mission when we are not yet done collecting all dropped avionics, wreckage etc, or when I may want to return to the dry dock to scrap dropped wreckage that I don't want or need and free the space in the extremely limited inventory. Fun times for everyone when I inevitably have to abort from that 2nd mission and throw everyone through a host migration.

And forget about farming asterite after the mission, it now takes just one player to jeopardize this for everyone, where formerly those who would wish not to stay to farm could just safely leave after the mission complete popup, now they'll drag everyone else in the group with them.

1 hour ago, Jarriaga said:

Thanks for the update.

What happened to the new opt-in differed rendering launcher settings? Were they not supposed to drop as well? I don't see those on the notes.

Apologizes if someone already said it but I believe they said it would be in the next mainline update, this is just a hotfix so I assume they're still working in it and it isn't quite ready.

First we need STATIC VALUES for the weapons period.  This is how the entire rest of the game is set up.  If we allow this to continue with random values (to increase grind and give us more to do) then expect it in ALL new content going forward.  Rail jack has this same crap in it and it stinks.

Next the Lich is a pain in the butt and flat out not fun.  The original idea was great and games like Shadow of Mordor did it in a great way.  This... this is not fun.  This is another example of DE over complicating something that should be simple and fun.  Want to fix the Lich?  Remove all the bull crap associated with it today.  Have the Lich stalk you.  Each encounter it tries to escape before you can kill it.  If it escapes it gets a bonus against the kind of equipment you were using.  Over time it gets stronger and stronger... making it more difficult to kill until it reaches a max threshold based on your MR level.  Done.  That's it.

Honestly I've been so put off by the Lich and Rail-jack that its killed the fun of the game for me.  I've been playing years and do no more now than log in and log out for the day... if I even do that.  I'm still watching and reading updates in hopes that DE turns this around but that does not appear to be in the cards for them.  Its a real shame that all their hard work when into all this content which has been marred by controversy and frustration.  In true DE fashion they refuse to see the error of their ways and instead of fixing things... they double down on their mistakes or extend a half hearted olive branch like this patch. 

Meh it seems like I'm no longer the customer they are targeting, so ill just continue to take my plat elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, GentlePuppet said:

Apologizes if someone already said it but I believe they said it would be in the next mainline update, this is just a hotfix so I assume they're still working in it and it isn't quite ready.

Thank you for the clarification. Looks like I'll just have to wait.

On some weapons I prefer holding melee attack down to heavy attack, toggling may not be "in the cards", how about a seperate keybind then, one for Attack/HoldHeavy or Attack Only, this would effectively be the same thing, but perhaps evade whatever the issue is for not wanting a toggle? I think enough of the community really care about having it one way or the other to justify such a thing.

What happened to the pets stasis changes? Weren't they meant to be coming this week?

And can we please be able to just hold the melee button to spam light attacks now instead of needing a macro? Thanks.

Edit: I think what would really please everyone would be to introduce a toggle option:
"Hold Melee: [Continuous Light Attacks / Heavy Attack]"
With this option, holding melee would always do something, but you could pick which one you prefer.

19 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Did you START with the Kuva weapon that had the Forma investment when Valence Fusing?

It matters which order you Valence Fuse them in. The weapon that you START from, the one where you click "Actions", is the one that will be kept with its investments.

Does it also keep its original element or take the one you are currently fusing into it's element?

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Optimizations for the Kuva Fortress tileset. This includes cleaning up wasteful materials, abusive lighting, volumetrics, overdrawn meshes and much more. More optimizations to come!

•  

WTF???? All that sweet volumetric lighting is gone? What?? I loved that. It gave the depths of the base so much more creep and terror. Why did you remove it?

Elite Kosma Units except the Outrider Variant still can't spawn in Earth Proxima, I can't believe this hasn't been fixed yet. Also I'm still sitting on over 3000 Cipher fails from the Railjack Forge Bug which I already reported like 5 times. So annoying. And all Railjack missions were supposed to yield 100 Mastery Points upon completion which they don't... do you even care about these "minor" issues at this point DE?

Bought that heavy metal Shawzin!

It sounds AWESOME!

Shame we still can´t play stuff like "Enter Sandman" (

) because we´re still missing the right tones.

And thanks for making every mission end now sound like the sound check of a high school metal band 😄

EDIT: What we REALLY REALLY NEED is.... not a "whammy" option but a string STOPPER. To make those BAMBAMBAM rifs instead of those Baaaam Baaam Baaam rifs. You know what I mean.

You would stop the strings from vibrating with your right hand just when you hit them.

Archived