Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Impromptu Warframe Podcast With Brozime and Sara

DraekoSilver

4 hours ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

Is there some kind of TLDW to go with this?  Or at least bullet points to let me know what's discussed?  I've no problem watching a long video.  But I at least need some details.

I watched the first 40 minutes the other day.

They discusses how Warframes design is extremely inconsistent when it comes to who makes what. Like there is a massive discrepancy between Pablo reworks and Scott reworks. And they attributed that to potentially due to a lack of proper work structuring.

They also went over how awful the new player experience is.

Talked about how there’s nothing that leads you to Orokin Derelict and how to get the corrupted mods from it.

Stuff like that.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I watched the first 40 minutes the other day.

They discusses how Warframes design is extremely inconsistent when it comes to who makes what. Like there is a massive discrepancy between Pablo reworks and Scott reworks. And they attributed that to potentially due to a lack of proper work structuring.

They also went over how awful the new player experience is.

Talked about how there’s nothing that leads you to Orokin Derelict and how to get the corrupted mods from it.

Stuff like that.

Appreciate that.  Might give it a watch later then as it sounds up my alley.

• Like 1

I actually like Railjack, even the slower pacing. 

Sometimes I feel as though the base game is way to fast for its own good. Missions are about who can bullet jump though the map the fastest, not actually playing a video game. Also what is he talking about that they don't do weapon augments anymore? Both of the main Nightwave series have had 3 weapon augments, the next one will probably too. lol

Edited by xcrimsonlegendx

Let me just say I'm not a huge fan of Brozime. That said this 3.5 hour random pod cast between Brozime and his girlfriend (who is a community manager) for another game company explains exactly what is wrong with Warframe today and how it could be fixed. 

Brozimes GF has great insight on the new player experience, "they discuss how Warframes design is extremely inconsistent when it comes to who makes what. Like there is a massive discrepancy between Pablo reworks and Scott reworks. And they attributed that to potentially due to a lack of proper work structuring.

They also went over how awful the new player experience is.

Talked about how there’s nothing that leads you to Orokin Derelict and how to get the corrupted mods from it."

she's also pretty interesting, articulate and intelligent, I can't help but to relate to many of her frustrations with WF. I found myself agreeing with a lot. 

Anyway thought I'd share.It might create meaningful discussion. (For quarantined players it's something to do?) Anywho I enjoyed it. 

Edited by (XB1)YoungGunn82
  • Like 6

On 2020-03-19 at 8:21 AM, LascarCapable said:

Not feedback. Moving to fan zone.

I disagree. This vid is full of valued Warframe feedback, from a Warframe Partner on the state of Warframe to date. While we are all practicing social distancing you might wanna give it a listen and stick it on Steve's desk. 

• Like 1

Yeah I listened to it like 3 time while I was painting…  so much of what they talking about was just using logic,, “ it’s not a rant “and their ideas for fixers are not unreasonable…  and when they break down how much grind there is in the game ,  it’s ridiculous..  It’s a real eye opener... but it also highlights how much good can still come from Warframe...

• Like 2

I'll pass. I don't trust warframe Youtubers since most of them just really don't know what they are talking about most of the time.

Like that time when a certain guy thought the loot synergy was removed because of mod drop chance boosters. Even tho no one ever used looting abilities for mods.

Edited by JackHargreav
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

there’s nothing that leads you to Orokin Derelict and how to get the corrupted mods from it

That's not a mark of poor design on its own though. Lots of games chuck you into a world with very little hand-holding, and you discover new things by exploring it, and by other players letting you know or demonstrating what they've learned. A good example being Dark Souls -- players can completely miss bosses and secrets littered throughout the world, and players in the know can leave messages on the ground or act as Phantoms to spread their knowledge.

The only time when the game neglecting to lead the player is objectively bad, is when something puts a stop in your progression and you need to find this not-lead-to thing before you can continue. (Hidden side-quest is fine, hidden main-quest isn't.) The Derelict is only needed to progress once (correct me if I'm wrong), to unlock the Eris Junction by defeating Lephantis. In that same instant, the requirement tells you that you can get the ODA Key blueprint in the Market if you haven't found it already. So in this case the player is still led to the progression path. How to get Corrupted Mods is never explained in-game afaik, but Corrupted Mods are never needed for progression and are, as upgrades, entirely optional. The game doesn't lead players to corrupted, but they aren't tied to progression.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

How to get Corrupted Mods is never explained in-game afaik, but Corrupted Mods are never needed for progression and are, as upgrades, entirely optional.

Corrupted weapon mods, yes. But Warframes? Not so much because it's required to make your frames "Endgame Viable".

The kinda thing I hear is that he wants the game to be another game that holds your hand, which I dont think has ever been in the scope for DE. I started out in 2017 and I really had no issues with the start of the game. I think the only things I've really looked up for the game have been tips and tricks things for bosses, since some have been really hard to understand by just looking at them. Like Krill, because he has no real visual indicator of what to do. In other games the spots to hit may stand out a bit more.

He has some valid points regarding design inconsistancy, like how some of the frames turn into imbalanced WMDs and others into balanced tactical WMDs, Saryn being the first type, Ember and Vauban being the second for instance.

He's also right that there could be a better introduction to things like the derelict. I kinda think it and several other places are a cause of DE oversights. They probably think "the info is in the patch notes" but they also forget that new players or players returning longer down the road wont sit and read through ever single patch note since the start of the game or since the day they left for a break.

The codex would be a fantastic place for such things and I dont think it currently describes the derelict access nor the vaults inside.

But for the love of all that is unholy, please do not make the game into another handholding overprotective one. I prefer finding certain things out on my own, no matter how small or big they are, like figuring out that your amp can switch the damage immunity on PT.

• Like 2