Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

what happened with the fun in video games?

remember when you got some spare time and play videogames to have fun? what happened with that? why everything have to be overcomplicated and frustating? I asked myself everytime I play warframe, a video game where you are not allowed to have fun if you want to have fun you have to surpass a dozen walls of BS. 

I played many MMORPG so I know what is the grind but the grind in games should be rewarding and to put an example protea's farming is not grinding. is a brain dead idea to get to player so frustated for getting a part of the warframe that you either ended up buying it or don't give a f... about it. I played many  koreans MMO'S so I know what real hardcore grind is. I love warframe but everyday is getting worse and worse and people leave because the game is not fun breaking the basic rule of videogames.

I find Warframe fun, why don't you? If you are referring to the grind I personally find that fun. Since it often involves overcoming a challenge. Once you get the thing you were grinding for you feel like a real chad.

I do gotta ask, what are you grinding for?

Grinding Game are not for everyone..same whit some RPG´s...
Can´t uderstand OP...
You should choose another game to play, if you are not amused..
Its common sense that warframe is a looter/shooter/grind game...So whats the problem? The game, our maybe the player that choose to play it?
So many games to play right now....so much diversity...
Really..move on...

i play this game for the way the movement and combat feels if i get board with the repetitiveness of trying to get a item i take a break and do something else another game or something else entirely. you don't have to spend all of your leisure time beating your head against a wall

what happened to fun in games?

it got kidnapped by AAA companies, and then eviscerated, obliterated and diluted, and then sold back to us in lootboxes, predatory MTX, Grindwalls, ridiculous amounts of premium/deluxe editions and insane subscription services. but putting my views aside, I do still find warframe fun, though it has certainly had it's shaky moments. when it's no longer fun, just stop doing it. take a break, go back to it later if you want. don't be a slave to your free time.

Well, there are video games for you to choose,

If you like competitive with other players, League, Dota2 and some from mobile

If you like grinding and customizing, then warframe is a great choice, simple as that. 

I know what you mean OP, it's best to just skip the frustrating/grindy parts in Warframe, the content might become available in some other form, or not, most content in this game is mastery fodder anyways, so it doesn't reallly matter, if you get what you like, then it's not as frustrating, don't farm what you don't need unless you're a completionist like me. (even i skip the frustrating farms usually)

5 hours ago, WH1735S0W said:

I find Warframe fun, why don't you? If you are referring to the grind I personally find that fun. Since it often involves overcoming a challenge. Once you get the thing you were grinding for you feel like a real chad.

87f.jpg

6 hours ago, (PS4)Androogear said:

remember when you got some spare time and play videogames to have fun? what happened with that? why everything have to be overcomplicated and frustating? I asked myself everytime I play warframe, a video game where you are not allowed to have fun if you want to have fun you have to surpass a dozen walls of BS. 

In the last few months, i played mostly War Thunder, these days i find Crusader Kings 2 to be more fun (tried it a few years ago, now it became free again), just take a look at the new games on Steam, don't burn out yourself.

6 hours ago, WH1735S0W said:

I find Warframe fun, why don't you? If you are referring to the grind I personally find that fun. Since it often involves overcoming a challenge

It is ?

I've experienced no such thing... unless if staying awake until the thing want drops is the challenge you are reffering to... then yeah warframe has plenty of these types of grinds

6 hours ago, trst said:

Sounds more like people keep forcing themselves to play something they no longer find fun. You have no obligation to spend your free time doing something you don't want to do.

While this is true... i dont think it addresses the real issue here.... the fun in Warframe just kinda gets cutoff not because the fun has reached its natural  conclusion.... but because of the way the game is designed...the fun is getting killed off prematurely by a bunch of things that could be improved.

6 hours ago, AzureTerra said:

What are the "dozen walls of BS" that are complicating your fun in Warframe?

I mean... just scroll through the General Discussion board and you will see all kinds of things getting in the way of people's fun... ranging from Bugs to other player's Toxicity and Griefing... 

2 hours ago, Alexcavalera said:

Its common sense that warframe is a looter/shooter/grind game...So whats the problem?

I don't know... why don't you try farming Xiphos and see if you can spot the problem.

Theres nothing wrong with a grinding game  being grindy but some drop rates are so unreasonable that...

Atleast you can just buy the Xiphos (although the habit of paying to not play is also a problem) but for things like Atmo Systems its worse because if you need to sacrifice these to rank up you are kinda screwed because you can't buy these anywhere.

If you don't find a game fun, do something else with your free time.

If it's specifically the grind for Protea that's bothering you, patience is a virtue. Set a number of runs you'll do per session or per day, and take a break from.it once you hit that number. It'll probably take longer, but you'll have a better time with it than melting your face off with single-mission grind.

Steam Summer Sale is on. Tons of other games to play.

Microtransactions happened. Specifically, the "pay-2-not-grind" model that DE chose. You either play the game for a very long time, or you pay to play it less. You either deal with stupidly low drop chances and absurdly high resource requirements, or you close the game and pull out your credit card. Neither option is fun. Obviously, frustrating your players means they aren't having fun. And paying for progress isn't even a game mechanic at all. Its almost entirely external to the actual game, so how could it be?

There is fun in Warframe. Being a space ninja, zooming around blasting bad guys is great fun. But actually getting any of the stuff you use to do that? That sucks. By design. Because if it were actually fun to get it without paying, no one would ever pay for it. They have to make games like this less fun, so that they have something to sell you. They created an artificial demand to supply. Its intentional bad game design in the name of profit. The Corpus would be proud.

No Man's Sky is perfect proof of this. It uses pretty much all of the same kinds of progression systems as a F2P game. But, because it isn't actually F2P, and has nothing to sell you beyond the initial purchase, its still fun. All the progression is actually properly balanced to be fun and rewarding, instead of trying to frustrate you into spending money.

There are a lot of game companies out there that should be embarrassed by Hello Games, and what they have managed to accomplish with No Man's Sky. They spent the last three years turning their half-baked lump into a grand feast. Yet, not once have they ever asked for more money from their players. They managed to do it all without microtransactions, expansion packs, or even a subscription fee. Is it perfect? No, of course not. But it a hek of a lot better than any F2P game I have ever played. And it will probably cost you less, too.

12 hours ago, (PS4)Androogear said:

I played many MMORPG so I know what is the grind but the grind in games should be rewarding and to put an example protea's farming is not grinding. is a brain dead idea to get to player so frustated for getting a part of the warframe that you either ended up buying it or don't give a f... about it. I played many  koreans MMO'S so I know what real hardcore grind is. I love warframe but everyday is getting worse and worse and people leave because the game is not fun breaking the basic rule of videogames.

Congrats, you act like you're the only one who plays those kinds of games...

vor 13 Stunden schrieb (PS4)Androogear:

Yes, I do 'member!

It was a lot of fun to find out how to beat the Weapons in Final Fantasy 7 and beating them eventually. 

Not everyone finds everything being handed to them instantly in a braindead fashion fun, sorry. Some people find it fun having to overcome obstacles. Also what does "what happened with the fun in videogames" even mean? Have you played older games? They were generally speaking harder, more frustrating, more punishing and information and help like we do have now via tEh iNterWebzz didn't exist or was scarce.

Fun is subjective and games are so easy these days and hand out gratification like candy that it turned people into actual babies so that when a slightly challenging or frustrating game where you have to invest yourself a bit in comes out "gamers" ask for an easy mode to be added like they demanded for Dark Souls 3.

Regarding Protea specifically: do people not realize that if something that is on the market or that is tradable is what you're after it always opens up the avenue to get it via the road of farming easier/different stuff and utilizing trading? Did all the people who complain about Protea's farm actually all farm for Condition Overload as well or was it okay to buy that one?

Archived