Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So what do you expect to see a Tennocon this year?

2 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

And what's wrong with that?  Shouldn't tennocon be about what's on the forefront of tech and Ideas for WF?  

If i wanted to see whats on forefront of tech and ideas i would go to the MWC or the CES,

I would have much rather prefer they show us things we don't need to wait a few years for or an advertisement of things that do not actually exist in the game.

2 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

If i wanted to see whats on forefront of tech and ideas i would go to the MWC or the CES,

I would have much rather prefer they show us things we don't need to wait a few years for or an advertisement of things that do not actually exist in the game.

Upcoming updates are what devstreams are for. 

Tennocon is essentially the CES, MWC for Warframe. It's supposed to show what the future can hold for WF. 

Why would someone want to wait a year just for a run of the mill devstream? 

Unpopular opinion, but i do not expect anything, because expecting means i want to see something i believe needs to be done, and if is not done, Disappointment comes after, and that ruins my gaming experience. I see warframe much different than most of the other Tennos out there, i see it for what it is: A Game, with great people behind it to make it happen everyday, and a game that i really enjoy playing.

I can only imagine what would be of myself if i spent a quarter of my time judging games because they dont have X feature, or the devs this, devs that, publisher this, etc. I would never be able to enjoy a game if i went down that road. Would be jumping from game to game, expecting more and more from the developers of each game, never being able to fully enjoy the game, because i would never be able to find that "perfect game" that fits in all of the standards we put these days.

An update on the Corpus Railjack missions, the reveal of the  community-made warframe (which is already pretty much confirmed), some news about the archwing modular system, and maybe, MAYBE, something related to the final part of the New War, and thats it. DE already said that we won't have the Duviri Paradox until next year, so I don't expect them to mention it.

Tennocon reveals? I guess first of all, trailers only for features coming within a reasonable amount of time; but in specific:

Railjack Expansion featuring Crew and Command so I can have immortal Clone Cyborgs manning my wannabe piratical vessel. In that, introducing Corpus missions and improved points of interest.

Corpus "liches" to expand the Lich system.

Since DE Rebecca specified Duviri back last year wasn't anytime soon; Duviri teases again along with the New Player Experience Tenno Mode Wake-up edition being more fleshed out instead of just hints. As part of this, something to indicate when the specific Tenno woke up, what was their beginning - attached to the Profile.

The early tease of "Plains of Mercury" if it shall exist, hopefully to be done before the next Tennocon.

Broken Warframe in its meme-tastic glory

Oh, and I guess the actual New War thing that Scarlet Spear and that Erra cinematic were hinting at before getting interrupted by real world events.

I am REALLY excited about this year's Tennocon since it seems like DE is making a point of showing stuff that they will shortly after deliver.  I think they mentioned that whatever the big reveal is will go live to all platforms that same day???

I think they have something pretty significant to show given how secretive they've been.  I do not think they will show anything Duviri Paradox related---they have already stated that they strategically decided to make this year the year of The New War and save Duviri for next year.

So, something big that is related to New War I am sure!  I too also really hope for more on Melee 3.0/Rage Mode.  Perhaps also something more on the new player experience and also something related to the elusive "end game"?  The return of raids in a new form?

I expect that the new player experience will be shown with actual in-game footage of said new player experience with that cinematic intro from last year actually integrated to said experience with a way for those that have already passed the "tutorial" to enjoy it as well. Possibly a window of when that will release.

Some new railjack stuff and possibly some more rework to its systems. The more unrealistic stuff if I gotta stretch it would be that maybe they integrate it fully with the rest of the game so that it's less of an "island", but realistically it'll probably just be more missions and some more rewards to entice more players into playing the railjack content.

Corpus "lich" - I'd imagine DE will call it something else for the Corpus. Along with that will probably come some more dojo stuff, ie a room to trade corpus "liches" called Sapphire Branch or something like that.

New frame, some new weapons. Possibly an expansion to focus, but I think that's unlikely to be shown this tennocon.

Another tileset revamp, possibly the corpus planet tileset or maybe the grineer asteroid tileset. This one I don't really expect but it's a possibility.

Some New War stuff and maybe another new thing altogether that DE has kept under wraps but it will not be in the game for a long while.

I expect that it'll be only a percentage of the above considering the real world events of the last few months and how DE has been tempering our expectations as a result. Either way, I'm interested to see whatever DE has got under their sleeves no matter how modest.

Just now, Luciole77 said:

this year i hope to see the broken frame, duviri paradox and another open world.

I am thinking duviri is after the new war, complete railjack, and archwing.

Those three things are not done yet. Probably next year we'll start getting duviri. But some more ingo on it epuld be great.

1 minute ago, Luciole77 said:

this year i hope to see the broken frame, duviri paradox and another open world.

I really think we should NOT expect to see anything Duviri Paradox related and I think it VERY unlikely they will do another open world at this point.

Could be wrong!  Just think we should keep expectations realistic to avoid disappointment.

I expect DE rebb to jump up on stange and pretend to play a " live demo " Anthem style , and then ship harf of it 6 months later in a more buggy and unfinished steight then the demo. 

Then go on vacation with the Christmas money they made from selling repair drones. .   

Then come back and declare their not pay to win and take them out.  And quickly start nerfing anything the players have been using to help get done with this soul crushing grind. .

Then give a release date on the New war  which they won't come close to hitting.   And when they don't.  Just say  " Wars have starts" release two 30 second cut scenes and call it good. .

Then release another buggy event thats serpose to be the start of this war.  That is basically a warning shot before retreating and not attacking agine. 

The New war is a war of nutrition where our enemies are trying to starve us out. ....  this is what I expect. ..

6 hours ago, (PS4)Touha9 said:

I am REALLY excited about this year's Tennocon since it seems like DE is making a point of showing stuff that they will shortly after deliver.  I think they mentioned that whatever the big reveal is will go live to all platforms that same day???

That they'd try, but it's not guaranteed.

'Ship what they show' seems more indicated to be what they're showing will not be a demo, but a version of the Live Build. Possibly an early-ish version, but a version. Worst-case-scenario, the Empyrean 2019 demo vs the 2018 one - compare how much of the Railjack they show (as well as its layout), how many features are present and how many cutscenes are baked in - 2018 was 100% smoke and mirrors, whereas 2019 was most likely put together from an actual build, albeit an early one.

Hopefully though, what they show off will be much further down the line than 2019's Empyrean.

10 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Upcoming updates are what devstreams are for. 

Tennocon is essentially the CES, MWC for Warframe. It's supposed to show what the future can hold for WF. 

Why would someone want to wait a year just for a run of the mill devstream? 

You are confusing updates , concepts and tech capabilities,

and Tennocon is indeed a Devstream (with merchandise and some socializing) hence my comments,

i am not too interested for the same reason.

Especially because what they showcase is just a tech demo (which can work in vaccum) and not a concept (which integrates with the game) that is planned to be released,

DE does not do planning too well and their ambitions are usually too large compared to their resources and capabilities.

9 hours ago, Amazerath said:

Steve said they're not going to do that kind of thing anymore.

He says a lot of things some of them are followed through.

Archived