Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What have you enjoyed about The Steel Path update?

Zahnny

I feel I've been a bit overly negative as of late on the forums, and I'd rather not be seen as that guy who seems to bash DE at every corner. So to remedy that. Let's discuss what we enjoyed about the update.

I love going through all these old bossfights with a difficulty spike. Some of them are tedious, some of them are still too easy and some of them I found to be rather fun and challenging. I know Sorties can offer the same, but those come with random modifiers, are time gated and the boss themselves are chosen randomly. Some don't even appear in Sorties.

Least fun? Probably Jordas.

I'm not normally the type of "challenge = fun" type of guy, and there's nothing wrong if you are. But I really enjoyed the Ropalolyst Steel Path fight. It was far from easy yet it didn't really feel unfair or cheap. I got downed a few times in a 2 man pub squad but when I did get downed it was down to personal error, as the attacks are fairly well telegraphed if you pay attention. Also after zapping it the third time I planned in advance not to attack the Battlysts and Conculysts, only the Amalgam units and that worked surprisingly well.

Another thing I'm enjoying is the Infested Survivals. Some have complained that the Infested haven't recieved much besides level scaling, and that is fair but what it did add is at least as far as Infested Survivals go, the Infested spawnrate, or max amount of infested at one time seems to have been increased and I love it. Really fills that sense that the Infested is a truly relentless horde. Never truly giving a moments rest and I've wished Warframe would include larger enemy counts in missions for a long time so this really filled that niche for me. I'd probably describe seeing an endless stream of Infested barreling down a corridor like the zombies depicted in the World War Z movie. A literal flood- I mean, downpour of infested.

I love the higher spawn rates in solo play! Really feels like a horde coming at me in survival & defense. It honestly makes crowd control frames a little bit relevant again! 

I also really enjoyed Vay Hek at 125, I felt challenged for the first time in years of playing Warframe. I've only done Earth, Venus & Mercury so far, looking forward to the other bosses and hoping they're as tough as Vay Hek! (Vor and Jackal were too easy still...)

Nothing, this mode is just for pleasing the meta slaves lust for “challenge” while making off-meta users suffer due to the increase sponginess of enemies and increased spawn thus forcing said non meta players to use meta setups. 

Once I got my trophies I instantly jump off the Sponge Path ship.

vor 58 Minuten schrieb DrivaMain:

Nothing, this mode is just for pleasing the meta slaves lust for “challenge” while making off-meta users suffer due to the increase sponginess of enemies and increased spawn thus forcing them to use meta setups. 

Once I got my trophies I instantly jump off the Sponge Path ship.

As a "meta-slave" I disagree. "Challenge" is worthless to me without incentives to face it which makes Steel Path's current itteration a one-and-done thing for me after the mastery and cosmetics are acquired as well. So, I'm pretty much in the same boat as you for a different reason.

I have not come across one person leaching. Everyone is bringing a loadout that they think can handle the mission. It's kind of cool to check what other people have brought and see what works for them. I don't often see everyone trying in public matches. For the first time in a long time I don't feel like the only person in a pub match that is putting forth some effort. 

Only problem is it's going to end soon. People will clear the star chart and there will be nothing to do. We have the regular nodes to run but no Fissures, Alerts, Arbi, Invasions, Nightmare, Kuva SIphons stuff like that. All the things I normally run is not an option in Steel Path. 

I was actually looking forward to pub survival fissures. I have thousands of lith, meso and neo relics I'll never use because I don't want to fight lvl 10-30. I wanted to get surprised buy someone with a loadout I didn't think of. Oh well. DE was close here but missed the mark. 

I fear that regular mission will just be boring for a couple hours now and I won't want to go back. There is nothing to do in Steel Path and the Origin System has nothing to offer me. 

I never got to do the starchart again with 3.0. this is a welcome "1st run" for me. 

I also enjoy having to put a bit more thought into my loadout. I enjoy the little bot of min/max, but I can still take what I want, so it isn't too bad. 

It's just WF with higher levels. If you hate this, then I question why youre even playing. For me, it's not the greatest thing, but it's a decent distraction. I don't play WF just to get loot , then not enjoy the gameplay. I get loot to use it to play the game. Steel Path gives a bit of relevance to my gear. Still looking forward to an "ultra hard" SP though. 

The game is better for it. 

It's hard to explain exactly, but the nostalgia really invokes good feelings. It reminds me of the early days in a good way. 

I start thinking of all the old things, coptering, the last big tactical alert with it (the tubemen, I think), and all the many huge changes over the years. All the friends who played and then stopped playing... all the new friends, the ones who fell off. 

But it's not like I'm just starting over, I still have my gear, I don't feel like I have to start a whole new game. But I also don't feel like I'm just walking through it because DE redesigned it or something. I at least have to put in a modicum of effort. So far it's a lot of fun and I'm really enjoying it. 

It's looking like the grind for the armor is intense but it's supposed to be. It's clearly supposed to be a longer term goal, so I'll enjoy taking my time to get there. 

The only real positive to it is increased enemies, other than that, it's pretty much the same but enemies start with higher damage/defensive stats. Bosses were pretty much the same for me, just marginally longer than their normal level range due to me using Kuva Karak w/ no buffs on some.

If only other missions can be done in Steel Path (fissures etc). Other than doing each node once and getting enough essence for the one time rewards, there's no real point in me doing ay of them again other than to help someone that can't do the AW missions or kill some bosses on their own.

15 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

It's looking like the grind for the armor is intense but it's supposed to be. It's clearly supposed to be a longer term goal, so I'll enjoy taking my time to get there. 

That's entirely RNG+how much you kill, I just have 6 nodes to go and I'm only missing 15 for the helmet. I got lucky with syndicates targeting random people and dropping essences, and during Archwing missions I got a couple drops. You also get 2 per planet.

It's sometimes a puzzle to figure out efficient ways to solo a node. I quite solo Olympus (Disruption) earlier after usual strategies with Demolysts weren't working fast enough. Need to experiment in Simulacrum!

56 minutes ago, nslay said:

It's sometimes a puzzle to figure out efficient ways to solo a node. I quite solo Olympus (Disruption) earlier after usual strategies with Demolysts weren't working fast enough. Need to experiment in Simulacrum!

Finishers work pretty well on Demos. Executing Dash/Dizzying Rounds. I've been using Ash for solo disruptions. 

I did not enjoy it, because it needs me to complete all the useless nodes in order to unlock the ones I enjoy. (I play mostly on void and Sedna and Pluto.) So I ran out of patience after reaching and clearing Venus. Unless something gets changed, I am not returning back for more planets. (I am not interested in whatever rewards we get from clearing them all.) 

That's my point of view on why I didn't enjoy this update.  

I enjoyed trying out some old frames I barely touch, but not much outside of that. Builds have become both more important and yet less important, as I'm building for dealing with enemies properly but my builds are just some variation of the exact same thing, and the weapons I'm able to use on SP and be effective is more restricted. I prefer low fire rate, high damage weapons, which do quite poorly on SP due to the A/H/S changes on SP. Overall, I passed the gear check, but I wouldn't say I was challenged. More like New Game+ more than anything "hard".

It's a nice nostalgia trip through some nodes I haven't played since I started. There's a feel of clear progression again.

Also the spawn rates are quite nice with Infested. I'd like to have that all the time.

And the health and shield levels on at least some Corpus and Grineer (not the armour though, not with how armour functions right now). It's a bit tedious when everything and Edgar is a bullet sponge, but it's a decent change of pace to slow down and focus on an enemy for a spell.

Also, Vay Hek wasn't nearly as bad as I thought he'd be? I geared to the teeth, ready to whittle down health 37 points at a time. But I guess stacking heat and viral procs and throwing Exodia Contagion with Shattering Impact does so much that it was over in something like 11 minutes - about the same time I took beating him the first time ever.

I mean, sure, in hindsight, "heat and viral is good" is not much of a shocker. But with what I'd heard...

6 minutes ago, Turritopsis_Dohrnii said:

Is Teshin not the lead for each mission? I was looking forward to finally a mode with Teshin as the lead... 

He says a line at the start and end of each mission, but all other mission dialogue is the usual Lotus/Ordis affair.

On topic, I haven't really enjoyed the update at all. An arbitrary increase to enemy durability is probably the worst way to increase difficulty. I'd much rather be tested on my ability to react to threats mid-mission than my ability to make my numbers more numbery in the arsenal screen.

Archived