Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion and Feedback on the Helminth Chrysalis - The most shocking feature ever revealed?

(PSN)ChaosTheNerd

This a balance nightmare ngl and a poor excuse for not reworking the lesser used warframes.
It would be much more manageable if it was locked to the helminth only abilities.

You'll try and pick the worst abilities but that might just break them in another kit that can use them more efficiently. 
This is also making newer designs and augs worse because they have to abide by the transfer rule.

1 hour ago, Ketec said:

This whole donation feature feels like a ridiculous grind fest.

We all know the horrible grind to collect all those parts, some has rare/harder to get resources. Then build each of them, wait 12h, build warframe, wait 72 hours.
And buy a wf slot to place these duplicates to.
Then fully sacrifice it, wait another 24h AND to get the skill - you have to grind more and more resources.

And to top it off - you now lose access to the original ability permanently? So you need more duplicates of your prime warframes = more grind, more forma, more time.

This "feature" completely killed the mood of the entire Tennocon.

nah they said that you could still have the original frames abilites in different slots. Example excal with shock for his one only on mod slot C, but A and B will be all excal's regular abilities if my description made sense. Although I will say that the grind part is something to worry about. Although it's more of gonna be grind it once type of deal because im pretty sure people will have a whole list of possible warframe crosses and people will choose their favorite. At least thats what im gonna do.

DE have chosen which abilties can be extracted from the source frame, it's not up to the player. Won't be ultimate or "signature" abilities. The signature bit leaves them open to blocking things like Saryn's spores, Khora's whipclaw, etc.

The player gets to choose which ability will be replaced on a target frame (for one or more build slots).

15 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

If they can just get the Cost low enough that you can buy all the pieces you need all at once then I would be on board with that.

The point being that the players are IMHO unfairly bearing the brunt for DEs decision to retroactively give purpose to an in game item that was not only outmoded by DE themselves BUT also carried a penalty to the player for retaining it in the form of consuming an inventory which was also all on DE. 

14 minutes ago, selig_fay said:

I think it's a small price to pay. Some people are saddened when Trinity farm goes weeks without a result. 150K reputation is one week where you are guaranteed to get everything.

Unfortunately that is totally subjective as the time it takes to farm up 150k Simaris standing is largely dependent on the players MR influencing the daily standing cap.

And they didn't even push the obvious change in todays 500mb patch CHOOSING instead to hold it off until the update drops in some 27 days.......

Out of all the things they could have done with the helminth room this is the worst idea I have ever seen.Warframes are supposed to be unique with unique to them kits how does Hydroid with Shock work?Not to mention what kind of mobile game bullS#&$ is this get another copy of a frame that will take 4 days to build to then just destroy for its worse abillity out of the 4 it has you know because mags pull and chromas spectral scream are very useful let alone that quest frame BPs are 100k simaris standing and thats just the main BP.Deimos looks interesting I just hope the standing grind doesnt put me on suicide watch.But please DE if by chance you read this and want to listen to some feedback for a change I know its been years but still PLEASE change the helminth system make it so the helminth unlocks augment only mod slots or ANYTHING else hell modular warframes would be better if you want us to play around with what abilities warframes can have like the modular archwings everyone forgot about just please take another look at the system you still have time as someone whos been with the game for years if you care about that at all please dont release it as it was shown.

Just now, Lus4812 said:

Out of all the things they could have done with the helminth room this is the worst idea I have ever seen.Warframes are supposed to be unique with unique to them kits how does Hydroid with Shock work?Not to mention what kind of mobile game bullS#&$ is this get another copy of a frame that will take 4 days to build to then just destroy for its worse abillity out of the 4 it has you know because mags pull and chromas spectral scream are very useful let alone that quest frame BPs are 100k simaris standing and thats just the main BP.Deimos looks interesting I just hope the standing grind doesnt put me on suicide watch.But please DE if by chance you read this and want to listen to some feedback for a change I know its been years but still PLEASE change the helminth system make it so the helminth unlocks augment only mod slots or ANYTHING else hell modular warframes would be better if you want us to play around with what abilities warframes can have like the modular archwings everyone forgot about just please take another look at the system you still have time as someone whos been with the game for years if you care about that at all please dont release it as it was shown.

or you can, you know, just dont break your favorite frame thematically if you dont want to...

While we are quite happy with the system and already thinking about the possibilities (Goodbye ripline), I think it would be healthy for the community to tamper their expectations a bit.

This thread shows that people here are spitballing frame ability combination ideas with no regards to what DE actually said about the system:

1) You can only replace 1 ability on any given frame.

2) No signature or ultimate abilities will be allowed. This means no Spores on Wisp, no Iron Skin on Mesa, no Celestial Twin on Mirage, and no Hysteria on Protea.

21 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Lemme brighten your day by telling you how it gets worse. 

Over the years as you've replaced your mastered quest frames for their primed counterparts and because DE excluded Primed frames from the mechanic. The only way you have to get applicable quest frames back is to pay 250k Simaris rep each. 

Pablo said on twitter that quest frames will get a lowered price once the update is out.

Basically what I think will be OP:

- Defensive abilities in squishy frames: Mirage with tons of damage reduction? Mesa with double damage reduction?

- Damage buffing abilities in damage frames: Chroma's Vex Armor with Rhino's Roar? New Eidolon meta incoming

- Defensive abilities in tank frames. Inaros with his massive HP pool, arcane grace but no damage reduction? Problem solved, have your infinite EHP.

- Some crazy synergy between damage abilities and buff abilities, like a damaging ability through Volt's Shield

What I think will not be so good:

- Damaging abilities in general, as they either depend on warframe synergy or are its signature and won't be available.

What I think will happen to frames:

- Some frames will be put into the trash tier because the only ability that makes it useful will be transferred to someone else that will use it better.

- Some frames will be the new god tier meta with that specific ability in place of that specific ability that will make you invincible and nuke rooms, while oneshotting steel path eidolons.

All we need to know is which abilities will be availabe. Did they say if each frame can only have 1 ability converted of they could have 2 or 3 as long as they're not signatures? In the stream, Reb had Volt's 1, but that means that's the only ability Volt can contribute or if she wanted she could have taken his shield instead? As the 4th is unavailable and I would consider the speed buff his signature?

i've def got my list of abilities i wanna replace inaros's sandstorm with.... so hopefully at least one of them is available... that and hopefully it's one that i can say still fits his theme to an extent.

tho i'll be torn on whether i want a  bubble ability, shield ability, travel ability or nuke ability

I feel like judging this mechanic ahead of time is a bit pointless.

Yeah, prime upgrades you would want to ditch the lower frame for years... but grinding out old frames should be a breeze for any vets.

Additionally it's likely we'll see that certain warframes will shine superior to others.  Like I can't imagine possibly ever adding "shock" to any frame.  That ability blows chunks.

It's possible they will always pick the worst possible ability for any given frame, and then we're stuck with a system that does nothing much.

If it's not that though, like probably five frames will have the best abilities that are useful in most situations.  Consider nova who has all abilities besides her ult that are super useful to any dump slot on any frame build because you either get a direct damage buff to guns, a damage reduction, or a teleportation, all of which are super useful.

1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:

So instead of reworking frames they’ll just let you replace a trash ability with a meta one??

....they just reworked a lot of warframe, and even told us that every warframe is going to get a rework, including the reworked ones that might get a second rework or QoL changes.

Archived