Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion and Feedback on the Helminth Chrysalis - The most shocking feature ever revealed?

(PSN)ChaosTheNerd

They have said that you will not be able to get the signature or the ultimate abilities (like Nekros Desecrate and stuff like that). On the other hand, it is giving the veteran players that have huge amounts of nano spores finally some mouth to feed :) It is just letting players a new way to customize the entire game for themselves by themselves, which I think is positive, not negative. If it does backfire, they will patch it out to balance it a bit and that is it. 

They did say that ultimates and some signature abilities will not be available for swapping but I agree, after I saw that I was like "that's gonna be a pain to balance". But then this is warframe, where balance is almost non-existent. XD
I also agree that removing abilities from a warframe just feels wrong. Another interesting point you made is about how it's kind of a way for them to forget about fixing bad abilities.

It's a really cool concept tho and it might actually bring back some players and give more reason for anyone to farm stuff again. I guess, we'll just have to see.

Ultimate are excluded and signature abilities as well, It would be safe to assume that Loki's invisibility would be considered that frames signature move and thus not on the table.

Which is why we really need the list of applicable powers ASAP so we can start gathering/building sacrificial frames before the content launches. Because between the resource requirements and the 24hr timegate on consumption, there are already more than enough timegates without playing a guessing game. 

Just now, (XB1)Prophetzxc said:

even if not the signature ability its still very OP. take chromas third and second ability for instance. or maybe even most of harrows abilities 

there are just too many abilities and most of them if mixed if a certain warframe can brake them. other are zephyrs tornado ability defense ability which makes it so people who use projectiles cant harm you. or nezhas shield ability   

I will state this because if I don't, someone will try to be smart about it. DE said Ultimates and Signature Abilities will not unbindable, furthermore only one ability per frame can be unbinded.

Less important, but only one ability that DE chooses can be unbinded by the Helminth for usage on another Warframe. The method of unbinding it involves feeding the Helminth a full Warframe, you ARE going to sacrifice a Warframe for this system, so you may want to consider farming some duplicate frames to feed Audrey II. Primes cannot be fed, hopefully this will stop a Founder from attempting to put an Excal P in for a laugh and having to go through a long ordeal with Support. Hopefully, Umbra won't slip through that crack unless a method of obtaining Umbra again is made possible.

Only one new ability can be applied to another Warframe, but you can replace any of the 4 power slots with it.

Warframe abilities with Augments will allow you to equip that Augment on the frame you have applied its ability to.

Opinion: DE will likely make some exceptions or decisions that will probably break the game or seem odd, for example, all of Limbo's abilities are tied to his Rift.

Now, with all that being said, do you have any ideas for a Warframe you want to put another Warframe ability on? Maybe the Augment is why?

For me, I want to replace Inaro's Whirlwind with Nekro's Soul Punch combined with the Soul Survivor Augment that allows you to revive allies instantly by casting it at them and will consume all of your energy. Given Inaros doesn't currently suffer from a loss of energy I can see this being an easy swap.

Just now, Mega_Aleksandar said:

That's the beauty of it. You will be the deciding factor of which ability is worth sacrificing, for another ability that might suit your play style better or the mission better. In turn, that will allow for better squad customization or better solo preparation for some tough missions.

im not saying its bad for customization im saying its bad because of how broken you can make ur warframe. thats the reason u have so many different warframes in the first place, with so many different abilities. if u give a ability a warframe has to a different warframe and lets say that was the only good ability then that warframe is now useless to you. it kills the identity of the warframes and makes certain warframes useless 

20 minutes ago, (PS4)Nurolkel said:

Loki's invisibility

20 minutes ago, (PS4)Nurolkel said:

As of right now we know that no ultimates and signature abilities can't be copied

Is Invisibility not a Signature Ability for Loki ?

My guess is you will be getting Switch Teleport and Decoy... both without the Augments. It would be funny if DE nerfed Limbo so that what you get from him isnt Broken but refuse to buff Loki so that what you get from him isnt Rubbish 😛

Stay Vigilante !!!

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Nurolkel said:

Equinox Sleep

Hmmmmm... Im going to have to Flag this as a Signature Ability too.... unless... What else is Night Equinox known for ? 

Pacify ?

5 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Which is why we really need the list of applicable powers ASAP so we can start gathering/building sacrificial frames before the content launches.

You know... Im willing to be DE already has a list... they just arent releasing precisely to stop you from having this new Feature in 5 Minutes...

Unless they also plan on having a resource requirement you have to grind for to enable it... 

7 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Because between the resource requirements and the 24hr timegate on consumption, there are already more than enough timegates without playing a guessing game. 

Im willing to be they Disagree 😛

Don't tell me I'll have to grind Equinox again, and Simaris' standing to buy all of the Chroma, Limbo, Mirage, Titania parts... Please, no.

Harrow, Grendel, Protea, Octavia... GOSH

Vox Solaris standing for Hyldrin, Baruuk, Garuda parts.

So, DE literally rebooted, restarted that grind-fest.

1 minute ago, Lutesque said:

You know... Im willing to be DE already has a list... they just arent releasing precisely to stop you from having this new Feature in 5 Minutes...

Unless they also plan on having a resource requirement you have to grind for to enable it...

Did you not watch the stream? 

Not only is there a resource requirement but there is a 24hr timegate from when you opt to sacrifice the frame to when you actually gain access to the ability. 

It entirely depends on what abilities each frame will be able to contribute.

Though I'm most interested in what ability Atlas will give as all three of them have some interesting potential (yes even Tectonics).

Archived