Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion and Feedback on the Helminth Chrysalis - The most shocking feature ever revealed?

(PSN)ChaosTheNerd

I'd say the whole idea completely throws balance out of the window, but then again, what's "balance"?

I'd also say the grind is going to be utterly insane, especially for some frames. Harrow...

Probably not going to participate in the system. I kinda prefer unique WF kits, no matter how bad some of them are.

18 minutes ago, Rekkou said:

Even within 1st abilities, some abilities are just outright superior than other. CC for example, why would anyone keep soul punch, freeze, smite, etc when you can have Condemn that can CC multiple enemies while giving you shield or Desiccation that can blind enemies while opening them to finisher?

Because SP is 1h upper body with free cast and can be done from air.
What the question is "how will they buff its damage" since Larva and Zephyr Air burst do its cc role massively better for melee (tho not spammable) and slightly better while aoe in general respectively. Smite and Fireball can actually deal solid damage even as you go up (for old-ish ability design ideas) while freeze has aoe cc AND ALL OF THEM have the good self buff option with augment.

If you want to think about broken cases, what the hell can they give from octavia? 1 and 3 are flat out of the question, 4 is a massive damage buff with sufficient noise (and probably no due to saying no to 4 at the start before saying no to signature), leaving you with 2 which shuts off all ai that aint hardcoded bosses with a hard taunt.

My thoughts/guesses, if the ability per warframe is going to be something like Pull and Shock, it's likely to be an active ability, and not a passive or buff type:

Ash - Shurikens. Potentially popular given the augment's ability to strip armor.

Atlas - ... Landslide? Seems pretty powerful for such an ability, though, so they might go with something like Petrify. Not sure how the Rubble mechanic will play into this.

Banshee - Sonic Boom. Also potentially popular for its augment for the same reason as Ash.

Chroma - Spectral Scream. You will be laughed at for picking this, probably.

Ember - Fireball. Ignites enemies. Guaranteed heat effect is nice, but not as instant as Ash and Banshee. But doesn't require an aug.

Equinox - I have no idea. Metamorphosis is the 1, so that's not happening. Rest and Rage or Pacify and Provoke ... either are good but again, effects depend on your day/night form, so? Who knows.

Excal - Slash dash. Potentially nice for melee frames as a combo builder with the augment.

Frost - Freeze. S'okay I guess.

Gara - Shattered Lash. Also s'alright

Garuda - No clue, these abilities don't really fit with the theme of others. Dread Mirror? Or maybe just go Bloodletting since it's simple?

Harrow - Condemn. Lock everyone up in CHAINS and gain overshields for it.

Hydroid - Tempest Barrage zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Inaros - Desiccation. Hey wide range conal blind ain't bad for CC, and opens up to finishers.

Ivara - Quiver or Navigator. Considering the utility of Quiver, it might actually be Navigator, which ... could be potentially huge depending on loadout choices.

Khora - Whipclaw

Limbo - I have no idea rofl all of his S#&$ depends on warframe mechanics and banishing people to limbo.

Loki - Decoy zzzzzz. Or maybe Switch Teleport.

Mag - No credit for this, was already stated.

Mesa - Ballistic Battery. I guess?

Mirage - Hall of Mirrors is too iconic and Eclipse are too strong to give. Maybe they'll be real $&*^s and make it Sleight of Hand to piss people off.

Nekros - Soul Punch

Nezha - Probably Blazing Chakram.

Nidus - Virulence I guess? Again we'll have to see how they handle scaling for stuff.

Nova - Antimatter Drop probably. Null Star is the #1, but it's primarily defensive, which... is weird for a frame, come to think of it. And giving a defense multiplier buff ability seems not like something they'll do with these abilities.

Nyx - Probably Psychic Bolts which will be hilarious because Nyx just got semi-popular again because of her ability to strip defenses. Hi Nyx, bye Nyx.

Oberon - Smite?

Octavia - another weird one. Maybe Mallet, but that's going to be odd.

Rhino - Rhino Charge. Potentially a nice survival ability with the augment (50% more armor per enemy hit)

Saryn - Uh.... uh ....... uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh... Can't do spores...Toxic Lash also does spores. Molt, probably?

Titania - All these abilities seem equally likely, honestly.

Trinity - Most of these abilities seem pretty signature, tbh. Link, maybe.

Valkyr - Rip Line because f*** you who wants a useful ability?

Vaub - Tesla Nervos?

Volt - Shock zzzzz.

Zephyr - Airburst

And those are the frames I own.

I have no idea how they're going to work some of these because a few frames rely on Warframe-specific mechanics for their abilities.

7 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Soooo... how do you Rank Up the Helminth ?

I bet its some Tedius Time Gated Activity on the New Deimos Place that requires its own Dedicated Equipment (Similar to Amps, Gravimags & Avionics). 

Whos ready to get yelled at for "Bringing The Wrong Frame" ? 😛

You feed it, including subsuming frames it seems. In other words, substantial resource investment, but one that long-time players likely have already got.

I bet it will turn out to be mostly a gimmick. Most warframes has their most useful ability on ultimate. But they said ultimate won't be on the list. Then the ability to be transferred is chosen by DE not player. That's means you will probably end up getting their 1st ability only which is rather useless in most cases.

56 minutes ago, selig_fay said:

I'm afraid it won't be the way people imagine it now. Most likely, each frame will only be able to give 1 specific ability to transfer. And I think we can look at reiljeck tactic to start building theories about how this might be.

Yes I agree. The ability will be chosen by DE. People are just overhyping themselves now.

Have to say was not expecting that.

I mean yeah fully expecting to be grindy as all hell, but, we get to mix and match frames? how many sub par 2s can be replaced by Ironskin? how many mediocre 1s can become revnant's zerg like assimilator? Its a balance nightmare but its going to make things a lot more fun as well.

25 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

I'm just a bit bummed that we can't use prime frames for it... 😞 That means I won't invest in it, even for my very wished Valkyr's Zipline. Because when primes release I'll still have to deal with the lackluster ability I replaced, and thus face a downgrade.

So no point in getting used to alternative abilities in frames since I'll have to sacrifice them down the line. But that's me.

Well hold up. DE said we cant feed primed frames. But they didn’t confirm or not we can still replace Prime framed abilities. 

Just now, Jim22 said:

The real question is if I give helminth my mesa with 4 forma and a catalyst, that he gives me the forma and catalyst back. 

A proper recycling system? That I would love. Focus too and let me feed weapons.

27 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

I'm just a bit bummed that we can't use prime frames for it... 😞 That means I won't invest in it, even for my very wished Valkyr's Zipline. Because when primes release I'll still have to deal with the lackluster ability I replaced, and thus face a downgrade.

So no point in getting used to alternative abilities in frames since I'll have to sacrifice them down the line. But that's me.

We can't FEED primes. Doesn't mean we can't replace abilities on prime warframes

my only request with this is that the lower the cost of warframe bp and parts from simaris as 100,000 standing for a bp and 50,000 for a part is really steep especially when you can only hold 130,000 standing and daily standing is capped. rebuilding the frames from simaris only to sacrifice them is gonna be painfully long and unrewarding even at mr29 its 4 days of capped standing to buy 1 wf blueprint and 6 days for all parts thats 10 days of maxing out your daily standing just to buy the blueprints to build the frames

6 minutes ago, DeccanTraps said:

Have to say was not expecting that.

I mean yeah fully expecting to be grindy as all hell, but, we get to mix and match frames? how many sub par 2s can be replaced by Ironskin? how many mediocre 1s can become revnant's zerg like assimilator? Its a balance nightmare but its going to make things a lot more fun as well.

First of all de made it clear you will not be able to replictate signature and ultimate abilities ..also what abilities you want to put on other frames is upto you whether you want to even do that or not .they are not forcing you to put shock on your excalibur 

Mmmh, ok Pablo confirmed it already that Molt will be the ability for Saryn which includes the Augments as well. This opens the questions if this will be even more broken with Frames which already have a high Healthpool. Imagine Inaros or Nidus with Regenerative Molt? Yeah thats whats Warframe needs...

1 minute ago, Hypernaut1 said:

we might just get modified and weakened abilities for certain frames like Limbo. 

I agree, with Gauss, Grendel, Hildryn, Limbo, etc. etc. Lots of the newer frames especially that have such fully integrated kits that actually rely on synergy to function. 

I feel like there is literally no choice but heavy modification for some of these. 

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

I agree, with Gauss, Grendel, Hildryn, Limbo, etc. etc. Lots of the newer frames especially that have such fully integrated kits that actually rely on synergy to function. 

I feel like there is literally no choice but heavy modification for some of these. 

will probably be something generic loosley based on the frame. Like maybe a non-void stasis move for Limbo. 

Archived