Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Path Surprising Frames

Having finally taken my stroll down the steel path, (console pleb here) and having seen quite a nice variety of frames, I got to wondering what the community thought were frames that worked surprisingly well? 

Personally, Titania and Vauban were just absolute MVPs, but Protea and Mag were very solid for me as well. Titania shocked me with being able to keep up in damage. I did not expect dex pixia or diwata to actually kill but they worked quite well. Lantern is just... so so good. Give 190% range titania a try folks. Vauban I tried as a solution to solo Hijack, and loved every second of it. Watching rail specters flail about trying to get out of vortex is the funniest thing i've seen in warframe. Protea actually kept up in damage and solo'd void defense, so I hand it to her, Mag... well, I expected to have survival issues. Shield gate is just so strong it was easy.

We all know the list of the really meta frames for it: Khora, Baruuk, Limbo, so I'd like to see more interesting choices than that!

Tell me your interesting choices!

Why are you surprised Dex Pixia kills? It completely outmatches Mesa's Peacemaker in terms of single-target damage output.

Try Nyx. Keep her Chaos up to increase your chances of not getting shot and spam her Psychic Bolts with 130% power strength, it will completely remove enemy defenses, all that 250% armor and shields will be GONE.

3 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

Why are you surprised Dex Pixia kills? It completely outmatches Mesa's Peacemaker in terms of single-target damage output.

Try Nyx. Keep her Chaos up to increase your chances of not getting shot and spam her Psychic Bolts with 130% power strength, it will completely remove enemy defenses, all that 250% armor and shields will be GONE.

Surprised only because of how much of my arsenal just does nothing in steel path, really didn't expect it. Was quite nice, as Titania is a favorite of mine.

I've seen a few Nyx running around. She's never been my thing but i'll have to try it.

4 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

Well, pretty much everything works if you mod and play correctly.

Yes, and I want to hear your more "unorthodox" styles/frames you used for steel path. 

Trust me, I've been there and done that as much as any vet here, I'm not looking for advice, i'm looking for inspiration!

à l’instant, (XB1)pwnSacrifice a dit :

Yes, and I want to hear your more "unorthodox" styles/frames you used for steel path. 

Trust me, I've been there and done that as much as any vet here, I'm not looking for advice, i'm looking for inspiration!

What I mean there is absolutely everthing works, so you could play literally everthing, by throwing a dice, based on your least played, or something like that.

The randomize button might be great for this (if you still possess everything).
Something I've been doing is to click the randomize button, mod stuff and try to see how far I can go with the provided loadout in a survival mission.

I just went with Wukong and Revenant alot,Sometimes Harrow or Wisp if i feel like it,Nidus for survival and mobile defense,Khora for interception and defense,Inaros for hijack becuase i dont have Mag Prime or Hildryn and sometimes Nekros for exterminate/survival.

I could use Ivara Prime,Excel Umbra,Atlas,Nezha and Titania Prime but i dont really have a place for them,Wukong i use for rushing stuff even spies so Ivara and Titania Prime is out of the question and im not a fan of Excaliber and Atlas to say the least,Nezha i think i need one of his augments to maybe be able to use him sometimes over Revenant?

30 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

Doesnt Nyx 2 deactivate on enemies affected when you recast the ability, therefore nullifying the purpose of spamming it?

To answer the OP, at least in endless missions my grendel is having a blast. The upped enemy spawns has been amazing for the gluttonous kirby

I have been using nothing but Atlas *mostly* for Steel Path, and it's pretty doable with some small bumps. Only time I switched is when it came to the Emissary boss because that one definitely needed another frame to complete with.

I use Trinity Prime, with a status-based rad proccing Amprex, Shattering Impact Viral Orthos Prime, and a regular ol' Catch-a-Mooooooon secondary.

While I take a little bit longer to kill things due to no nice rivens, I can force the enemies to fight each other (instead of the defense target), become armor stripped while Heavy Slam dancing, and isolate not 1, but 2 (!!) troublesome targets using Well of Life and EV. If it's not a boss fight, or a swarm-of-enemies type mission, I can usually skate by through timing all actions, or ignoring everything. (except for what I need to do) The Steel Path is very accessible without needing too much, having rivens, or even using the revolving door of meta weapons. In saying this, all 'frames should be viable with enough proficiency in their usage.

38 minutes ago, (NSW)Reason said:

Legit shocked someone thinks a 190% range Titania is "OP" since that's literally her weakest build and LEAST desired stat

Whatever works. It's better than "Hurr durr omg this game so meta I cant even use titania on steel path this is bs."

We should be happy when anyone shows the mental capacity to play the game with many frames.

Lol you tried the same frames as me.

Btw SteelPath is the reason I went back to Titania. She's just powerfull enough for it. And her Cc isn't insane either like Vauban's so I can't just put down lantern and do nothing since enemies can still shoot me. 

Anyways frames like Gauss and Grendel also can be fun and useful. Grendel just eats everyone and shots them out for massive damage. While Gauss is tanky and he can both debuff and cc. Against infested he might be bad tho. Cause toxin damage.

I heared that Hildryn is pretty good on Sp also, but I didn't try her personally.

Revenant is pretty solid. He can tank, he can cc, do scaling damage. Only problem is the energy. Unlike the other frames I mentioned he will need either Zenurik or energy 🍕.

My Volt handles everything fine in Steel Path, except for Interception. There's too many enemies to kill so I need to use CC.

So, what Volt can't handle, Nyx does. Especially since she can strip all that extra armor and shields, lowering my weapons TTK exponentially.

There are Steel Path basic missions (many of which can be cheesed by any frame), and then there is Steel Path survivals and Steel Essence farming...I believe the entire roster can get through Steel Path, but doing a 90min survival is something else. I think it's important to differentiate this.

Top tier frames like Nova, Khora, and Baruuk are the obvious choices. But Nidus surprised me. Larva, unlimited invuln, and a viral/slash melee = GG. I ditched primaries, secondaries, and Teeming Virulence, and basically play him as a melee frame. Super efficient for essence farming, probably in the top tier for survivals

A bad surprise was Oberon. Without any %DR abilities, he is squishy for endurance runs. I had trouble past 40 mins in Steel Path. Doable, but stressful. I hope to replace his Reckoning with some DR ability from Helminth. Hopefully.

I wasn't able to output enough damage with Mag for Steel Path endurance. She also gets rocked by Eximus closer to the hour mark. So that was another bad surprise, but perhaps it's a matter of choosing better weapons. I had my usual Cyanex/Lanka combo.

Archived