Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth: Railjack Resources + Bile Changes.

[DE]Rebecca

7 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

Dude its going from 10,000 to new value 9,999. We are almost there. Lets cross our fingers.

I mean, they wouldn't be refunding people with a "generous" amount of Railjack resources if it wasn't a significant cut. I wouldn't be so pessimistic.

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Tenno!

The Digestive period of the Helminth specimen has undergone some study, and we have some changes to announce:

Railjack Resources:

There will be a reduction in the batches of Railjack Resource Costs across the board required to yield Helminth Secretions. 

Additionally, anyone with Helminth installed and Railjack owned will receive an Inbox of Resources after the Hotfix goes live that includes the reduced costs. A perfect script is not possible, but a generous grab bag is! If you meet the criteria, you will receive the Resources via Inbox after the Hotfix date. 

Bile:

To give players more options for the Bile Secretion, we are adding the following components as feedable to Helminth to create Bile:

Antiserum Fragment x 900
Javlok Capacitor x 7
Nav Coordinates x 50

Cheers, you can look forward to these changes with full details in an upcoming PC Hotfix and the next Cert update for consoles!

And now add Harrow Chassis Blueprints to the feeder :D

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Tenno!

The Digestive period of the Helminth specimen has undergone some study, and we have some changes to announce:

Railjack Resources:

There will be a reduction in the batches of Railjack Resource Costs across the board required to yield Helminth Secretions. 

Additionally, anyone with Helminth installed and Railjack owned will receive an Inbox of Resources after the Hotfix goes live that includes the reduced costs. A perfect script is not possible, but a generous grab bag is! If you meet the criteria, you will receive the Resources via Inbox after the Hotfix date. 

Bile:

To give players more options for the Bile Secretion, we are adding the following components as feedable to Helminth to create Bile:

Antiserum Fragment x 900
Javlok Capacitor x 7
Nav Coordinates x 50

Cheers, you can look forward to these changes with full details in an upcoming PC Hotfix and the next Cert update for consoles!

Can you take a look at other resources and reduce their costs? Some stuff is super expensive. Even for verterans. I have 4100 hours and some stuff is still expensive.

Here's my suggestions:

Oxides:

15,000 Alloy Plate -> this is fine. I have 5 million as a vet.
10,000 Carbides -> 4000. 10,000 is way to high. Especially for a recently added, mostly railjack resource.
20,000 Ferrite -> 15,000. 20 thousand is a bit too high. You should just make these very common resources each 15,000. 
25 Gallium -> 15. It's too expensive right now. Especially since you reduced the mastery rank requirement to 8. 
750 Oxium -> 200 Oxium at most. From most average missions, without any boosters, you can only really get 100-300 per mission. It's annoying hard to get now days.
20,000 Salvage -> 15,000. Again, common resources should all just be 15,000. 
10 Tellurium -> 5-8. For a uncommon resource found mostly in archwing missions which are boring, difficult and tedious and with a low resource gain, this should be lower.
20,000 Titanium -> 1000-4000. This is an absolutely rediculous cost. I only have 26000. And it's a railjack cost. I know you're reducing them but I really hope by a lot.

Calx:

5,000 Asterite -> 50. 5000 is is stuidly high. Again, it is a railjack resource that you are already reducing but they're slow to get and you're charging WAY too much. I only have 500.
12,500 Cubic Diodes -> 100-300. Again, tens of thousands is so insanely high for this resource.
300 Gallos Rods -> 50-100.
30 Grokdrul -> This price is fine
300 Hexenon -> 100. 
50 Iradite -> 20-40.
50 Lucent Teroglobe -> fine price
225 Nullstones -> 10-30. Price is way too high. I only have 290.
6,000 Rubedo -> price is fine.

I wont post the rest but please go over and make some bigger adjustments. Some things are so insanely highly priced for rare or uncommon resources.

You should look at all accounts with 1000+ or 2000+ hours and look at their average resource counts for all of the resources you can feed to helminth and change the costs to a usable number.

Thanks.

Thank you for the start of these helminth changes! I do still feel its a little steep of an ask to have to pay to add abilities to frames though after youve already subsumed frames etc. It definitely makes it one of those systems that makes you less inclined to experiment amd more inclined to min/max

6 hours ago, DragoonStorm1 said:

true, but also the fact that almost every single subsume and infusion takes Bile.
Why is the bias towards Bile so annoyingly high?
Please do look into rebalancing that at least.

What are you even talking about. EVERYTHING uses Bile. Every single Frame. However, if it uses it to subsume, it does not use it to infuse. Every frame/ability combo, uses all 6 resources. 3 for subsuming and the other 3 for infusion. About half use Bile for subsuming, and the other half use it for infusion.

Also, for all the people complaining about the Bile Sac, should really read the descriptions of the Helminth resources, Pheremones in this case. Explains perfectly why it's there.

8 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Bile takes 3x Railjack Resources. 

As stated in the original post:

Railjack Resources:

Can i ask if mining and fishing resources will be added to Helminth in the future?

Fantastic to hear this news and truly truly needed.

I'll be more than happy to let others speak for me on what else needs changed, and it's practically all there. What I haven't seen is any mention of Dirac. I've got 200k+ of it sitting around doing nothing with my avionics maxed out. I know it's not in the inventory in the same way other resources are but there's very little reason it can't be offered to the Helminth. Not even necessarily as Bile, just simply available to feed it.

8 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

It was originally meant for MR15, much more advanced players with deeper resource pockets, who are looking for an extra sink for a bunch of useless nanospores and Lotus knows what else lying around.

They dropped it to MR8 because a decent chunk of players who have been here for years and years petitioned DE to drop the MR requirement lower, have refused to really rank up past 8-10, they just aren't the type to try out that much gear. But they still have a huge glut of resources, and all the maxed mods you need to do endgame, and are still very much endgame players. 

If the resource costs seem high to to an MR8, they can only feed at full green, and be patient and wait for stuff to go back down, and only feed it stuff they have extra's of, but if their resources are really that low, I don't recommend them getting into the helminth yet. Regularly adding subsumed abilities to your frame and hot swapping in and out is expensive, and the thing is it was meant to be. But even if you are low on resources, if you are willing to have patience you can still rank up relatively quickly and try a lot of combos, you just might not be able to hot swap as much.  

You gotta have enough of a resource bank for that.                 

The only resource besides the RJ I felt was that out of whack is maybe cryotic, but if you are low on that you can feed other things, and if they are asking for 3,000 cryo per feeding, then I guarantee you their stats show that a whole lot of the people  using Helminth would consider that a drop in the bucket based on how much they have banked. If you are a veteran with low cryo, you are probably an outlier.    

so i'm an outlier. thank you. (Cryotic, now at less than 10K left)

10 hours ago, Xardis said:

Is this a joke? Srsly, all of those are sellable for credits. There are people that this is not serving at all, for example, myself, I regularly clean my inventory out of sellable items because there is no use for them. Giving them use is all fine, but not in those numbers, just after you made nav coords sellable. This is not reasonable at all for me. Nor is the cost of cryotic.

Pls, there are a lot of other resources that do not share that specific characteristic that are not used in Helminth system at all.

That's your fault. Never assume things will not be useless forever and just sell. 

How about adding a recycle tab to the helminth so we can feed them MR-fodder weapons, rivens, mods, zaws, kitguns, companions and Limbos, so we feed them and get some resources back at the same time?

Just selling stuff after maxing it always felt so sad.

1 hour ago, Merrcenary said:

so you call yourself a veteran with 4k hours and whine about rj resources which drops in tons?
did you also knew that you can get like 20k carbides in like 1-2 runs on gian point? no
pathetic "vet"

2 runs in GP won't net you 20K carbides.

And its not for you to judge if someone is pathetic or not, just because they have a life.

14 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Antiserum Fragment x 900
Javlok Capacitor x 7
Nav Coordinates x 50

Fixing Helminth costs via using resources that should've been removed from the game long ago is quite a clumsy solution.

Global resources overhaul is long overdue. Disproportionate Helminth costs is just one of many symptoms of messy resource economy.

Archived