Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any reasons NOT to use stropha?

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

1 hour ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

latest?cb=20191102023831

Is this Sarpa's dendride skin (one from Titania bundle)? If yes, then I have been looking for it. Yeah, dendride skin. Great. I need to add it to my "weapon collection".

13 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

It is short ranged and covers a relatively small area,

In my opinion it's, yes, short ranged but it covers "big area".
It's used for CQC. You can almost hit what's in front of you. You don't even need to see it to hit it.

Personal reasons aside I don't think it dwarfs any other good options.  Feels a lot like pre nerf catchmoon vs tombfinger conversation imho.  Never used the catchmoon myself.  preferred the tombfinger.  Also like, it can't use zaw rivens.  And if you're someone who likes to play into that skinner box of disasters for the game then i'd say that's probably the only reason anyone would need.

Considering Steel path level.

Stropha isn't good at all against armored unit, you would need to strip armor somehow, whereas any other Slash melee would be independent over the strip armor.
The mobility is weak, you would do a slow extermination with that weapon.

Using only heavy attack is slow as well, and the combo stance ain't that great for chain attack too. Compare to melee like Nikana/polearm/heavy blade/machete... that can keep attacking without stopping and with mobility to re-position if needed.

On 2020-09-26 at 6:05 PM, Traumtulpe said:

It is short ranged and covers a relatively small area, has no significant status chance, is not as mobile as some other melee weapons, has an undesirable damage type and no forced status effects except impact (on shots).

Don't get me wrong, it's a great weapon, but not for every situation. Even among melee weapons, I oftentimes prefer a nikana with Blind Justice and Weeping Wounds.

Short range for a gun blade, It beat other meele wepaons for range. Also gotta use weeping wounds. Ive seen people use the same for redeemer to make use of viral heat or crrosive heat all the time. Also by undesirable i bet you the "Slash or bad" type of guy as your looking for forced slash procs from a high crit high damage gunblade knowing it would be one of the best if not best meele weapon in the game. I believe slash would be cool but broken knowing it would just make it broken good. Like Tonfas, Scythes, swords, daggers, and more. Its very "original" to have another red crit meele weapon the bleeds out enemies with attack, not like we have litterally  100+ meele weapons that can do the same.Also if you dont like its damage type go for actual blade hits for nasty slash procs at the cost of range. Now i will say f its shots had electricity on it that would be better than just impact as its like an energy blast that hits hard.

A reason not to use it? Not really.

It can just get boring pretty fast , if you complete the full game using just two attacks.

Might also cause problems in missions where enemies are way out of reach.

I personally dont use it cause i dont like the stances too much , powerful but very "rooted".

On 2020-09-28 at 3:53 AM, Traumtulpe said:

Sorry to hear you don't know how to use gunblades. I wouldn't call this "not good at all":

I did said.
"Considering Steel path level."
Stropha isn't good at all against armored unit, you would need to strip armor.

Were my prouf you aint in normal mode ?

Using x12 combo on heavy attack for some "Elite Lancer, Butcher" is laughable when you can oneshot them using normal attack even in SP mode.

I would like to see a screenshot of your Stropha damage over a Deimos Jugulus lvl100 without stripping his armor. Then we will talk for real.

18 hours ago, Taiepii said:

I did said.
"Considering Steel path level."
Stropha isn't good at all against armored unit, you would need to strip armor.

Were my prouf you aint in normal mode ?

Using x12 combo on heavy attack for some "Elite Lancer, Butcher" is laughable when you can oneshot them using normal attack even in SP mode.

I would like to see a screenshot of your Stropha damage over a Deimos Jugulus lvl100 without stripping his armor. Then we will talk for real.

That is Steel Path lol. Wanting proof only proves how unfamiliar you are with the Steel Path. Here's your picture:ZNzngBw.png

Archived