The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Queenpin and Railjack: What is everyone looking forward to?

DSkycroft

There's been a lot of people talking about the corpus liches and railjack content that DE announced,but most of the feedback I've seen has been people talking about how buggy it will be,or how they don't like the system as it is so they aren't looking forward to more of it. I'm wondering what people are looking forward to with these new additions. Personally,the new weapon they showed off is something I'm wanting. It'll look great on my Corpus themed loadout. What is everyone else excited for?

(PS: Try to stay positive here. The point of this thread is to say what we're excited about;not what we're dreading. There are certainly going to be bugs,and there are a lot of problems with the existing systems,but there are already plenty of threads here where people are talking about those.)

myself i want less of an island state of railjack, as i enjoy the hell out of it and find it to be a good way to acquire credits and affinity well also being a change up to eso, so, hydron and index. myself i think the addition of a fissure system to rail would be interesting. i could imagine a system where you could open them in bulk by loading them into the cargo hold , the more you take the more you are required to do in a single railjack mission or may it be mission in a row

Updates as big as Railjack will be a bugfest at launch. It’s inevitable especially for a multiplayer game where there are so many variables that can ruin everything. I have never seen one smooth product launch, game or not.

Anyways, I am looking forward to Lich Railjack assasination.

Just now, DrivaMain said:

Updates as big as Railjack will be a bugfest at launch. It’s inevitable especially for a multiplayer game where there are so many variables that can ruin everything. I have never seen one smooth product launch, game or not.

yes de cant test every possible pc set up or every possible player to player connection variable. meaning there will also be bugs on launch even with the test cluster use. its just a fact if gaming, either we accept that de work hard to get out what they can and its buggy and we do our best to report issues

I hope they show off some of the Queenpin weapons that are reworked old ones. New weapons are awesome,but I love the kuva weapons because they bring a bit new life to older weapons that are less used. I loved the theme of the quartakk,but hardly used it. When they released the Kuva Quartakk,I could hardly put the thing down. 

I'm looking forward to certain potential features, it's very possible that it could be a rather boring update otherwise:

1. integration with Railjack. Might as well, would be fun.

2. more interesting weapon choices than with Liches. There are too many boring Lich weapons: why should I care about the Quartakk, Hind AND Karak, they all fill the same role. Corpus has a lot of zany weapons, give us Staticors, Convectrixes, Quantas, not Deras, Spectras and Tetras. Make the weapon options interesting, even if they end up as boring assault rifles or whatever, give them unique mechanics.

3. a different system to Liches. I don't really care how it's different, just have it be different. It's not that I hate the Requiem system (mostly), I just think variation would be better.

I personally love the Kuva Liches. I still play them even tho I have every weapon maxed out - some I have two weapons maxed out with different elements.

Corpus Liches is what I've been waiting for since the Old Blood was released. I think it's one of the better gameplay loops that have everything else. (Plus I really like having new weapons to play with)

3 hours ago, DSkycroft said:

What is everyone else excited for?

once the bugs are ironed out, there's a few things:

- killing people en-masse with a briefcase gun. I WILL make that sales meeting at 2:00, no matter what *machine gun fire*

- big-a$$ laser battles in space vs Corpus fighters, I want the risk of seizures to be as high as the risk of getting blown up!

- seeing what funny names Corpus Queenpins can have. 

- seeing variants of certain corpus weapons. come on, Lich Convectrix and Ferrox...

- integration with Railjack! FINALLY! another step closer to what was promised at TennoCon 2019. 

of course, we still need to temper our hype: this won't be coming until maybe late December at the earliest, but I think it's more likely to be 2021 when we get it. 

So things i want, a developement in railjack, its an awsome gamemode, but lacks variability. Other factions, other missions(not going to develope on this, there are posts already).

Railjack liches, that is really something i desire. Squad link, we had it for scarlet spear, it works in a certain level, woud be awsome.

Oh and the new archgun, the grenade launcher, its magnificent on ground, still i want to test it on space or railjack both are perfect :P

I'd like Jennifer Walters as a companion sidekick since she already has the whole beating people up with briefcases down to a science. Plus we could use some green giants among all the blue ones.

Other than that, Queenpin Supra, Queenpin Amprex, Queenpin Arca Plasmor, Queenpin Opticor and Queenpin Ferrox along with some more epic final encounters implemented for Liches and Queenpins inside RJ missions. Preferably by removing the whole random encounter in normal missions, give them dedicated hideouts and offices instead.

4 hours ago, z3us32610 said:

I personally love the Kuva Liches. I still play them even tho I have every weapon maxed out - some I have two weapons maxed out with different elements.

Corpus Liches is what I've been waiting for since the Old Blood was released. I think it's one of the better gameplay loops that have everything else. (Plus I really like having new weapons to play with)

Yeah, I'm really confused why they get so much hate. It's simply a custom boss that gives you high level missions to grind. 

More Railjack content on the Horizon. Finally. Plus, it even seems a decently big chunk of it, assuming Corpus Railjack, Queenpins and the Lich Finale arrive at the same time.

This is grand, as I'm genuinely a fan of it.

Personally, I'm also excited for Bone Widow, since sure not having a F*** you artillery mode is a pity, they're a Samurai/Knight hybrid looking Giant Robot. What's not to love?

And I'm never not going to be into pointlessly complex mechanical transformation macguffins, so that one Queenpin weapon will be very much appreciated for me.

12 hours ago, z3us32610 said:

Me too! Love fighting them Liches! And now we get the corpus equivalent? Noice!

Trying my best not to whine or b*tch.

That being said, I'm hesitant to be excited about any queenpin/kuva lich content.

I farmed 6 different kuva weapons in the past 8 months and if I'm being honest it was the worst grinding systems I've ever went through (and I went through atma farming in ffxiv:arr pre-droprate boost).

1. The weapons are just reskins with slightly altered stats (minus the bramma, ayanga, and shildeg).

2. Nerfs are inevitable and make me hesitant to go through the farm just to end up with a nerfed sack of crap (RIP bramma, you were fun while you lasted).

3. On top of farming murmurs, you have to farm requiem relics, void traces to get a better shot at the word you need, and then you need to piss the lich off by doing mission after mission just to play a process of elimination game until you get the right order. (My point here is that there are multiple stages of farming for exceedingly rare resources)

4. These weapons are mostly irrelevant now (save the kuva nukor). This ties in with the inevitable nerfs. In a short amount of time, lich weapons were quickly made MR fodder as new content updates released.

5. Doing all of this on the switch is an extra special kind of hell as the community is near nonexistent. At max, I see a total of 70, maybe 100 players online at any given time. Most of which spend their time camping in trade and/or region chat. With how heavily encouraged playing in a team is (for kuva liches), doing so on the switch is unnecessarily difficult. (This point can be disregarded as it really only pertains to a very small portion of warframe's playerbase)

All of this being said, I'd like to add that in most online persistent games new content (especially gear/weapons) is received with high enthusiasm. I don't get the same feeling with Warframe. In a game that is drowned in 500+ weapons and frames, it's easy to feel overwhelmed. What's worse, that feeling quickly turns to disappointment as you learn that a great majority of that content is pointless outside of raising your Mastery Rank (which is also pointless after mr18. Rivens locked behind mr18 are the only reason to even try for mr18).

So...back to the op's question? What am I most looking forward to with Queenpins and Railjack changes? I'm looking forward to the changes being brought to Railjack as I really do enjoy how Railjack plays. It'll be a great change for players that have put off empyrean and it may even make Railjack relevant in the long term.

Phew! Thanks for reading if you did. I don't do tl;dr, so I get my post was pretty long winded.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2020-11-07 at 12:39 AM, DSkycroft said:

There's been a lot of people talking about the corpus liches and railjack content that DE announced,but most of the feedback I've seen has been people talking about how buggy it will be,or how they don't like the system as it is so they aren't looking forward to more of it. I'm wondering what people are looking forward to with these new additions. Personally,the new weapon they showed off is something I'm wanting. It'll look great on my Corpus themed loadout. What is everyone else excited for?

(PS: Try to stay positive here. The point of this thread is to say what we're excited about;not what we're dreading. There are certainly going to be bugs,and there are a lot of problems with the existing systems,but there are already plenty of threads here where people are talking about those.)

Nothing. I don't care for Railjack and have nothing to look forward to there. 
Hope there are things with the Corpus Railjack that you find enjoyable. 

Archived