Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is this truly the content we all wanted?

-Trendy-

19 minutes ago, -Trendy- said:

How is that illegal if you're out in the ocean with no reef nearby? I dont understand the consequences obviously.

We blast mine using explosives still. That cant be good then either but its not illegal.

Blast fishing by using shockwaves to puncture a fishes swim bladder which causes the fish to loose buoyance control. Meaning that small fish float to the surface and large fish sink there's also no way to throw back what you didn't want to catch. 

1 hour ago, (PSN)Yggranya said:

As long as the game is in "beta", i don't even need to think about spending money on it.

Due to the frequency of updates, steam only allows beta games to update so often. We pc users, we are the beta tester for you. The Warframe pc version will remain in beta constantly because it gets updates every week, and if it comes out of beta, we will have to wait months for updates.

Fishing and other related minigames are one of the most hated things in this game, no doubt about it. I have never met a person in game who said they liked it, Ive only seen people defend it in these forums. They shouldve never been such a big part of this game.

Now, Im not saying it shouldnt exist at all because there ARE some people who even enjoy it for some ungodly reason, but it shouldnt be forced on others in a game thats all about said boom boom splat. If I want to do these kind of minigames, I would play mobile games... Its like they suddenly added objectives in Farmville where you had to go kill a bunch of farmers to advance lol. (or maybe it has that, havent played it). 

Sure, you can kill thumpers etc but thats way slower from my experience and not very fun either with them moving around so much. And nobody wants to do Deimos vaults atm. 

22 minutes ago, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time.” John Lydgate

They're never going to be able to please all of us, all the time.

That's true. I'll never get my Ballroom gowns and gentleman's top hats for my next dojo build. But I can pretend they're there.

1 hour ago, -Trendy- said:

However, there are some really cool things that have come out like Helminth which I'd love the option of having. The only catch is that in grinding for it... i have to fish? and hunt for animals? This is not pew pew boom boom splat. 

Reputation with Deimos is not fully tied to Fishing and Hunting, you can farm your reputation with Mother's Bounties then if you have a need for some component that comes from Fishing or Hunting, you can buy them for plat just as you do with the rest of the game. [DE] added that Option to Deimos.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Yggranya said:

As long as the game is in "beta", i don't even need to think about spending money on it.

Because to you having "Beta" on the game's tag means its not worth investing in? If so thats a really dumb way of thinking. If it wasnt for the Founders program the game wouldnt have made it to December 2013 and if it wasnt for the thousands that still spend on it, you wouldnt have content to experience.
I wonder if [DE] removed the game from Beta today if you would start spending money or complaining the launched an unfinished game?

1 hour ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

all mining resources also drop from in-game non-mining sources (Deimos minerals/gems from the void pylons and the Iso vaults, Plains from thumpers, and Orb Valis from Exploiter)

Same applies to fish parts.

11 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Reputation with Deimos is not fully tied to Fishing and Hunting, you can farm your reputation with Mother's Bounties then if you have a need for some component that comes from Fishing or Hunting, you can buy them for plat just as you do with the rest of the game. [DE] added that Option to Deimos.

Because to you having "Beta" on the game's tag means its not worth investing in? If so thats a really dumb way of thinking. If it wasnt for the Founders program the game wouldnt have made it to December 2013 and if it wasnt for the thousands that still spend on it, you wouldnt have content to experience.
I wonder if [DE] removed the game from Beta today if you would start spending money or complaining the launched an unfinished game?

5 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Same applies to fish parts.

Guys not only that . You are so right that in fact the easy way to get rep in POE is fishing , the easy way to get rep in orb valis is mining and you guessed it the easy way to get rep on deimos is well proven to be bounty lol 

well thats how personaly ive maxed them maybe there is a faster way.

Personally i like all of it. And its nice that warframe got abit of everything. 

But i can see how some people dont like everything. And i think they should make trading of more things possible.

Because i got a huge amount of those fishing, mining and conservation things i could share that i no longer need

To the title, no. Of course not. We are not a hivemind.
For me? Yes, pretty much. Just need to gather the nerves and remove certain shackles to go through everything. Sole goal now is trying to improve the experience for those that do not have the capacity to go through the learning curve, spiral and parable. 

2 hours ago, Aldain said:

Honestly I'm kind of tired of the "boom boom splat" type content because it has just been various flavors of ESO or Mobile Defense lately.

You either delete everything as fast as possible or fail...or you choose between deleting everything as fast as possible or run Limbo and turn the A.I. off instead in the case of "Mobile Defense" type mission contents.

It's just getting boring having everything be the same slaughterhouse every time.

Far more preferable than nearly EVERY alt non-combat gameplay mode introduced in the last 36 months for many of us, though.

Making them content requirements so that you either pay plat to bypass  them or grind through them with no entertainment value...or the opposite so it feels like  work and dilutes the brand..

Therein lies the rub.

I’d rather grind 10 hours of combat to 30 minutes of capture for Deimos “son” tokens, for example.

I financially reward DE for story, artistic excellence, and gameplay combat that entertains.

That was the brand that catapulted Warframe to worldwide phenomenon.

Covid is a big reason for content decisions/challenges and the ultra-conservative decision Canada has made to protect it’s citizens.  Commendable.

The flip side of that is many of us have continued to work with said risks/challenges to maintain profitability, product quality, and performance standards within the (small) businesses that we serve, myself included.

You can buy tags from Son for plat - and you should if you dont like conservation - they are cheap and will save you lots of time and nerves. Hunting isnt as bad as it was on release, theyve fixed most of the issues and you get randomly downed animals all the time too if you play Deimos.

"boom boom splat" is pretty much dead because AOE ability spam is the most effective way

1 hour ago, (XBOX)OdinsDottir said:

That's true. I'll never get my Ballroom gowns and gentleman's top hats for my next dojo build. But I can pretend they're there.

🤔 That's actually something that I wouldn't mind seeing in Fashion Frame.... Tuxes with optional (colour select) cummerbunds, maybe waistcoats, and ballgowns. Even if it's just for the operators.... 🤩

DE!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!! Make this happen so I can pay for it!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, -Trendy- said:

How is that illegal if you're out in the ocean with no reef nearby? I dont understand the consequences obviously.

We blast mine using explosives still. That cant be good then either but its not illegal.

3 hours ago, Troposphere6 said:

Blast fishing by using shockwaves to puncture a fishes swim bladder which causes the fish to loose buoyance control. Meaning that small fish float to the surface and large fish sink there's also no way to throw back what you didn't want to catch. 

Also it's an indiscriminate killer, lots of fish are either low quality fish, or sometimes downright practically inedible. 

So you're killing everything within range of the blasts, including fish that you're unlikely to want, as well as the young fish in the area, so there is no "next generation" to catch in the future. You have to wait until new fish enter the distrubed area, and without small, prey species.... that may take quite a while.

Some places also make use of fish toxins, where you poison the water, using something that is either not significantly harmful to humans, or is often broken down during the cooking process, and that causes similar issues.

But if you want a really cool way to catch fish, there's electrofishing, they literally come right to you, and -if done correctly- typically results in no permanent damage to the fish, (or fisherman). 

I am NOT responsible for any attempts you take to try any of the methods mentioned above, this post was made for educational purposes only, if you go stand up waist deep in a pond with a taser trying to catch fish, you deserve what you get.

personally I find that despite my own endless virtual bloodlust, it is still nice to have things to do other than shoot, stab and otherwise obliterate armies of trash mobs, and grinding is never really that much of a problem. I never asked for Deimos per se, but most of us predicted an infested open world was coming sooner or later, and it happened to be quite far along when the pandemic hit. my main desire is for more railjack and lich content, as I love these systems and want to see them reach their true potential, especially railjack. normally to do spaceship battles I'd have to get invested into EVE online or something like that, and even then most of them are strategy games, and I prefer to be on the frontline. 

it's not perfect by any stretch, and arcana alone has a lot of problems and things I'm dreading (doing god knows how many Iso-Vaults mostly), but even when we don't get the content we want, it can eventually be fixed and changed into something that people can tolerate. 

3 minutes ago, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

I am NOT responsible for any attempts you take to try any of the methods mentioned above, this post was made for educational purposes only, if you go stand up waist deep in a pond with a taser trying to catch fish, you deserve what you get.

What about dropping an active car battery into a lake with a rubber line tied to it?

5 hours ago, -Trendy- said:

by the look of my MR you'd think I was a grinder. I'm not, I spend a lot of money because I am wealthy enough to do so and in doing so I support DE which is actually a good thing.

I am quite casual, and thankfully because of how much time work takes from me, I am able to catch up with plat. The problem is that I play this game to pew pew boom boom splat.

Now I know that pew pew boom boom splat sounds not only immature, but pretty low IQ. Honestly wouldn't describe it any other way. I just want to launch Warframe and blow some S#&$ up.

However, there are some really cool things that have come out like Helminth which I'd love the option of having. The only catch is that in grinding for it... i have to fish? and hunt for animals? This is not pew pew boom boom splat. 

Also if i want to hit mr30 anytime in my life I would need to grind these fishing/hunting/archwing missions that are not fun so I can have said weapons.

Does anyone else wish that all the content was just pew pew boom boom splat? 

I don't even like doing eidolon hunts... (but i had to for the standing)

There are several options for those who are not interested in mining or fishing. 

Firstly, the appropriate vendors sell parts for platinum using a rotating store. And you can buy crafted gems and whole fish from players with platinum.

Then you have Isolation Vaults which reward most (if not all?) resources from Deimos activities in an indirect more RNG based farm.

The requiem pillars (Can't remember name) on deimos reward resources as well. I was regularly getting the rarer resources from these.

And the Mend the family option gives you the chance to do your general pew pew gaming and get tokens for an activity you don't want to partake in, by paying more in resources for the tokens. Stock up on general resources from pew pewing, regularly check grandmothers tokens and buy what you don't want to farm through the appropriate activity. 

4 minutes ago, Aldain said:

What about dropping an active car battery into a lake with a rubber line tied to it?

Lead-acid batteries and lakes, aren't a good combination, even if you try to haul them back out them after. Besides you typically want high voltage pulsed DC. The equipment is often pretty pricy, but considering the OSH regulations most places have, and that this method is often used by scientists working for the government......

2 minutes ago, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

Lead-acid batteries and lakes, aren't a good combination, even if you try to haul them back out them after. Besides you typically want high voltage pulsed DC. The equipment is often pretty pricy, but considering the OSH regulations most places have, and that this method is often used by scientists working for the government......

...I was expecting a gif or snarky response, I mean I was playing a game of "Ask a stupid question", but I'll respect an honest answer.

Didn't know the part about it being used by government scientists though.

29 minutes ago, Aldain said:

...I was expecting a gif or snarky response, I mean I was playing a game of "Ask a stupid question", but I'll respect an honest answer.

Didn't know the part about it being used by government scientists though.

It's one of the things I had to learn about during my time in university, and to be totally honest I asked more or less the same question, and got more or less the same answer 😅

But yeah, it's actually a really effective way to quite literally bring the fish right to you, so much so that in a lot of places, researchers are the only ones allowed to use that equipment. Night fishing with bright lights is similar, but it takes a lot longer and at least the fish have a chance of getting away. Electrofishing.... once they're in range they just swim in circles getting closer and closer to the pole until you scoop 'em out. Then they just look at you accusingly. 😅

6 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

You only need some tags, they made it easier to get it'll take just a few minutes off your time. As for mining and fishing the isolation vaults and the Requiem pillars drop those so you don't even need to mine and fish

Tags also can be purchased for plat, son's store changes every day. Not gonna validate the spending tho, but considering the OP he won't have any complaint purchasing them.

6 hours ago, -Trendy- said:

by the look of my MR you'd think I was a grinder. I'm not, I spend a lot of money because I am wealthy enough to do so and in doing so I support DE which is actually a good thing.

I am quite casual, and thankfully because of how much time work takes from me, I am able to catch up with plat. The problem is that I play this game to pew pew boom boom splat.

Now I know that pew pew boom boom splat sounds not only immature, but pretty low IQ. Honestly wouldn't describe it any other way. I just want to launch Warframe and blow some S#&$ up.

Also if i want to hit mr30 anytime in my life I would need to grind these fishing/hunting/archwing missions that are not fun so I can have said weapons.

Does anyone else wish that all the content was just pew pew boom boom splat? 

I don't even like doing eidolon hunts... (but i had to for the standing)

You can buy the tags, fish and mining resources for plat in the time limited offers or in some cases you can actually buy the final product directly for plat.

And no, thank God not all of us agree with you. Reading your post, you don't only dislike gathering activities but also eidolons hunts, archwings and probably RJ which are still shooting but with different approaches. You represent that lazy part of the community who refuse to try anything new and pretend to play this game in auto-pilot, thinking of it more as a sandbox or a stress reliever than a proper game.

One of the merit of WF is its variety in gameplay and all the activities and modes you listed enrich the experience.

Moreover gathering, hunting, mining, fishing are all activities traditionally included in most open world / mmorpgs and I saw nobody complaining about having to go mushroom hunting on witcher 3. 

Reducing the game to just killing thousands of minions all the time, with no other activities to alternate with the usual routine or additional mechanics to create some (at least) artificial challenging fights would make it tedious and exhausting.

Archived