Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Orphix Venom - Feedback Megathread (Read First Post!)

SilverBones

• How easy was it to understand the new Operation and what you have to do to succeed?
  • mediocre: at the beginning I didn't know that I couldn't lose here and that I shouldn't run like crazy to exit.
  • How was using a Necramech in a “normal” tileset?
  • mediocre: i have to activate and deactivate sprint often. too little engine energy or long animation when the sprint is stopped bothers me here.
  • Did you have any difficulty finding or using a deactivated Necramech?
  • no
  • How did you find the pacing of the Operation missions and rewards?
  • good. easy to get for causals
  • What was it like fighting the new Sentient enemies?
  • rather bad: either I kill them with aoe and don't even notice that they exist. or i have no energy for a shield or weapon and can only die helplessly.
  • Were you able to reach 36 Orphix Solo or in a Squad?
  • in public. Solo was hardly possible up to now and you solved it really bad. solo you have the same content only with few enemies. and that means - no energy to pick up. you can't be serious!
  • Any other thoughts on gameplay, difficulty, visuals, or in-game guidance?
  • all good. very good update. I'm just building lavos and his weapon.

This event, I feel, is heavily artificially extended by the amount of time between Orphix spawns, to the point it feels awful and undeserving of my time. A 30 minute run only gave about 800 phasic cells, and from what I understand and have seen, the fastest time possible is 55 minutes, an hour.

A new Orphix should spawn almost IMMEDIATELY as one is defeated. There should ALWAYS be an Orphix online at any given moment, and there should be a specific marker for where the next Orphix will spawn, so everyone can start running towards it as the current one is defeated.

The delay between Orphix can border on whole minutes, and that's absolutely ridiculous, especially given how these minutes add up because of the 36 cap, and the sheer amount of time you have to put in, simply to just get the warframe and weapon parts, not to mention the absurdity of piling on getting everything else, or even just a SINGLE set of the cheapest arcanes.

How easy was it to understand the new Operation and what you have to do to succeed?

• Not too bad considering your gear is heavily restricted meaning there aren't many other directions to try. Mission markers lead you in the right direction.

How was using a Necramech in a “normal” tileset?

• The Necramech just feels like an inferior Warframe. It's another suit with less movement, less variety in skills, less variety in equipment, poor modding (some of which copy-pasted modding from various pre-existing mods), and generally a not very interesting experience. I would say Necramechs to Warframes are like K-Drive to Archwing. It just feels like a mechanic that is just worse than something pre-existing and has no practical use or benefit. Necramechs have almost no interaction with your arsenal, and I feel anything that does is either "unintended", "exploiting", or "an oversight". To make Necramechs feel engaging and fun, they would just be another Warframe with Warframe modding capabilities, Warframe mobility, and everything else a Warframe can use and benefit from.

Did you have any difficulty finding or using a deactivated Necramech?

• No trouble finding or using one, except for the fact that the animation is very long. It reminds me of summoning Heavy Weapons for Archguns.

How did you find the pacing of the Operation missions and rewards?

• The problem is that Scarlet Spear was way too generous, so players are expecting these levels of rewards/pacing. Pacing and Rewards will likely be tuned in a later hotfix to be easier (much like Scarlet Spear and all other updates), so I would just say they are probably too low considering history has shown us they rarely are in the right spot and and almost never too high.

What was it like fighting the new Sentient enemies?

• I can't really comment on this because I was restricted to a few weapons. I would have better feedback here if I could try the hundreds of abilities and weapons restricted from use. Xaku brought us Void Damage to Warframes and normal weapons, but you can't use him here. Funny how that happens.

Were you able to reach 36 Orphix Solo or in a Squad?

• I reached it twice with a squad. The difficulty lies in the fact that Necramechs are an inferior Warframe with very limited health/energy restoration options.

Any other thoughts on gameplay, difficulty, visuals, or in-game guidance?

• I would design this mission like Eidolons with Operators or the Profit-Taker with the Arch-gun. Make the Orphix only vulnerable to Necramech weapons and abilities. Make the entire rest of the mission open to using any gear you want. This gives Necramechs a forced use in the Operation so players can try them out and give feedback on the experience, but it opens up the mission to a plethora of possible gear loadouts and makes your equipment matter. Eidolons and Profit-Taker are pretty cool because players try all sorts of loadouts and strategies, and they incorporate the new mechanic into their loadout. When someone plays this Operation though, they are extremely limited in useable equipment which removes most of the variety from the mission. Equipment and variety are some of the biggest selling points of the game, and restricting this in an event just makes it feel boring and uninteresting past a few runs.
  • The points system is not very unique and does not show an achievement. Since there is a soft cap on the score, a player's best score is pretty close to everyone else's. This makes a personal profile score quite odd considering everyone will have around the same score towards the end. There is no real meaning behind the score, and it would be nice if this could be addressed by uncapping the Orphix spawns and enemy levels in the mission. All competitive events with personal scores in the last 5 years since I started playing had a profile score that represents longest endurance score for the showcased gamemode in a single run. It was a personal best. This event is an exception by not representing this precedence on endurance Operation mission scoring. The only way to have a higher score than someone else here is nuking sentients faster in the ~55 minute run of 36 Orphix spawns.
  • Additionally, the scoring system has a structure that will have no display of skill or achievement for a given clan once the leaderboard for this event goes live. It will just be an activity metric for your clan's tier size due to the soft-cap on personal best scores.

• How easy was it to understand the new Operation and what you have to do to succeed?
    It was easy.
    I don't like playing with Necramechs, they are just too awkward to use even in the open world tilesets, but it was extremely stressful to use them in enclosed spaces, in "rooms"
    Nope, there were enough lying around.
    Don't really have an opinion about this, abandoned this operation after a few run.
    No, I wasn't. Nobody had a necramech in my squad, and the "free" ones lying around were useless.
    I'm kinda sad that I had to give up on this operation, due to disliking the Necramech and Operator gameplay.
    It feels like, I'm excluded from this event, not being able to play it with the actual warframes.
    It feels like the warframes are no longer core part of this game.

• Figured everything out after 2 or 3 runs. Nothing special, highly repetitive. 
    • Clunky... Especially when it comes to bypass hindrances like different floor levels. Without the Jump Boost Mod its pretty difficult from case to case. Some structures were just to high to get over it by normal jump, others werent just not bypassable at all...
      Also whenever bypassing a door, the camera glitched for a sec. Pretty annoying imo
    • Nope. Didnt need them since when modded and played properly your Necramech barely dies even at high lvl at the end...
      But patching out that Vazarin, Blessing and Pulse affecting Life Regen wasnt a good idea since the ability to heal them was already restricted to only these methods which needed permanent maintenance of keeping up. So a Life Strike, Healing Return or sth similar for the Mechs would be nice to have. Or a passive HP Regen.
    • IMO the Sentient Control Meter is amplifying bit to fast in greater groups. 0,5%/sec instead of 1 or 2% /sec would be better.
    • As it was already mentioned before. You guys brought a WF recently (Xaku) which had the ability to bypass these Sentients Resistance build up. Guess what, we cant use him :P 
      So fighting them just with our Mechs is pretty demanding at lvl ~100 since the dmg numbers are getting very low because of the build up resistances...
      Would love to see a feature where we can reset these resistance with our Mechs too. Not just with our Operator Amp...
    • I went in with lvl gear (low lvl 0 Bonewidow, low lvl 0 Morgha Weapon, lvl 0 Ironbride) and full squad. One left after 8. We three remaining people managed without greater problems to 36 at the end...
      Voidrig Arquebex dealt most Dmg to Sentients at the End because stronk!
    • Pro: The Ability to buy ingame items with event currency when people had bad luck and didnt get e.g. lavos parts or new mech mods
    • Con: No practical way dealing with sentient resistances...
    • BIG CON: FIX PLZ!!! -> You are not able to deal Damage to Orphix with Ironbrides Heavy Attack Projectile when being a Client and not a Host!!!
    • Con: Would love to see Ironbrides Heavy Attack Projectile having a small 3 or 5m AoE Damage Radius :)
    • BIG CON: Plz get rid off of Necramech Stamina... We had this on Warframes in the ealry years of Warframe and you guys got rid off of them with right.
      Now we have it again on Mechs and i'm wondering WHY?!?!?! Plz remove it since it's just impractical for warframes great landscape maps and in general. 
    • Con: The Red Fog when a Orphix has spawned is kinda to much emissive. Eyes are hurting after some time of playing event... Same Issue like with Scarlet Spear
    • Con: Random Spawning Orphix Spots on high almost unreachable Spots. In grinner tilesets as well in corpus tilesets. Let them spawn on the Ground.
    • Con: Orphix Hitbox. When hitting them with Bonewidow Ironbride, the Mech sometimes glitching over it resulting in an unintended groundslam into the void resulting in getting respawned with Abilities deactivated ->Waste of time, Waste of Energy, Waste in general! Abolutely not needed!
    • Con: When switching into Operator Mode: WHY is Ironbride getting deactivated???? Can we plz keep it active until we deactivating it manually????
    • Con: Bonewidows 3rd Ability is complete garbage and has totally no practical use in missions. Plz rework it entirely. 
    • Con: Spawning Time and Range of Orphix: When one is done let the new one spawn within the next 5 or 10 sec. within the next 100-200m and not 400m or even 500m plz

I've gone to 36 in a duo with another MR30 in under 55m I think it was and got 3000 phasic cells (ish, I'm pulling from memory here) and a score of 19554.  Most of the event pacing is just fine.  The difficulty is just fine.  The scoring is WAY under what it should be, especially when compared to scarlet spear.  I've got my 50 murex patch from that event and enjoyed it.  I recall it took around 2 hours to make the score to max out an arcane energize/grace (21 pcs) in scarlet spear.  Orphix venon is requiring 16800 phasic cells to max those platinum arcanes.   The math for 21 pcs in this new event seems off.

All that aside, there is one and only one thing that would improve this event and really the ENTIRE necramech experience and that is skill flow/pace.   There's a pause when you recover from sprint.  There's a pause recovering from dash.  There's a pause recovering from slide.  There's a pause when you jump and land.  There's a pause when you pull out ability 4.  There's a pause when you retract ability 4.  There's pauses and delays EVERYWHERE in a necramech experience.  There exists no such thing on our sleek and lithe warframes except maybe the pause after a very LONG fall from height (which also drives me crazy).

SO MANY delays to the flow of play.  It is exhaustingly tedious.   I understand DE wants a clunky frame, but why does the play have to be so clunky/slow and chock full of pauses?  I'm fine with a semi-ugly non-fashion frame design if the speed of my play is unhindered. 

Remove all this tedious recovery time and I may consider even playing them outside of this event.

DISCLAIMER: Played without own Necramech, using extant Mechs and Operator (very largely the latter - pretty much any built amp outperforms the free Necramechs)

On 2020-12-17 at 12:46 PM, [DE]Bear said:

How easy was it to understand the new Operation and what you have to do to succeed?

Straightforward: kill the marked things, shoot the bigger marked thing.

Good when not rushed. When having to hunt down things on a 2- or 3-floor room, especially under a time limit, it really shows the limited mobility of Necramechs. The event basically highlights this problem. Were it any other mission type, even mobile defence, there'd be no complaints, because "trudging around and blowing things up" is what big-frak-off mechs are good at. Their mobility is not.

No, though the activation timer on using a deactivated Mech is...patience-testing, and the cool factor doesn't make up for that duration. It basically forces taking a mech from the opening section, before the first Orphix appears, and that means a rushed trudging-through the map to said Orphix. See above for why that's not great.

For running solo and not having my own Necramech (i.e. mostly using Operator), it's pretty dang slow to get rewards from Father. Wouldn't be a super big issue except for the Warframe hiding in said rewards. But the missions themselves go by at a decent rate so far, so that's shiny.

Whether it's because of my using the Operator more than a Mech or because the Sentients were more buddy-buddy with the other enemy faction than me, I didn't really fight them, so much as watch them. They look cool. Didn't run into any major frustrations. But with so much chaos going on (and lack of unit coordination), it's a little hard to appreciate a single enemy's design all that much. Kind of a running problem in Warframe, NGL.

Nyope! Certainly not with the free Mechs and I haven't tried with the Operator yet, but I don't think I'll be getting there. Maybe the free Mechs could use some scaling.

I think "hurry up and hunt down the things scattered across the tile built for high-mobility" isn't the mission for big, bulky, relatively slow mechs. That's pretty much their main weakness and the operation ends up highlighting that. Not exactly the best introduction to "hey you can use your mechs in regular missions!" Especially when regular missions very seldom have that kind of objective (Capture is about it, I think...?)

To exemplify: my first run had me using a Necramech and I failed the mission because I couldn't get to the nodes in time. Using my Operator, I got through the first two missions with 0% Sentient control (and am going to run the third after this, once I swap to a better amp and Corrosive Projection). And, perhaps ironically, I had more fun in the latter than the former.

Very easy. It's pretty much shooting stuff and applying firepower to the right targets.

FIREPOWERRR. It's fun, especially due to mech-induced catharsis. Head banging against the ceiling and door frames is amusing.

As I had my own Necramech, not really. Deactivated Necramechs are obvious, though I felt like players who might've never encountered them before might need a prompt to use transference.

Doesn't consume my time, the rewards are good. Running the mission can give me rewards, time spent on mission also gives me rewards.

They look cool, though they die too fast for me to understand what they actually do. By the time we start seeing what they can actually do, we're already heading to extraction. I sorta wish they could stick around a little longer after an Orphix is destroyed, rather than instantly disappearing, would help with scans.

Haven't attempted a 36 Orphix run, so I can't answer this.

While I had no qualms with the event, it butts heads with players who didn't like how it diverges away from Warframe's "core" gameplay of overcoming challenges with the titular Warframes, evident in some feedback threads I've seen so far.

Here's the rules I'd put in for Orphix gameplay, so that Warframes/Operators play more of a role with some challenge added (while reducing the feeling that Orphix technology utterly powerful in that it's able to reliably affect void stuff, especially since it's SENTIENTS):

• While within the field, the Warframes get a count-down timer in which they can maintain transference scaled to the amount of Orphix Resonators still up.
  • Destroying Orphix Resonators adds an amount of time to Warframe uptime while in the presence of an Orphix.
  • If the transference is cut, the Operator can void-blast their Warframe to resume use, but because of that, the Warframe gets some kind of debuff, due to Orphix messing with some friendly fire features.
  • The only way to remove this timer is to destroy the Orphix.

With that, players who prefer playing in Warframes can play in tandem with Necramech equipped players to reliably take down Orphixes.

Other than that, I've enjoyed Father's dialog, surprised by Natah's sudden communications, and happy there's plot progression!

A request I'd like to make is that these new Sentient enemies be implemented into normal gameplay when the event is over. They're too good to be just thrown away after this. Find them some home outside of the event. For example, they would be right at home in Empyrean missions where there are Sentient Anomalies.

Hello, I did the tutorial for the infested open world, then stopped playing warframe until this event. So I have no idea what a necramech is.

Pretty easy, having played Scarlet Spear. The only thing was that it seemed harder to find the weak point of the condrix, I get a lot of zeroes when firing and its hard to find where you are meant to shoot. Maybe because the target is so small, and you can't see the weak point unless you look at it from the right angle.
Maybe you need to add a glow out of the weak point, that is somehow visible though all the gunfire hitting the condrix.

The camera gets confused when moving though doors. As you approach the next room, your vision into the next room is mostly upper door frame and Mech.
With a door, it's usually lower than the roof, so the camera can't handle the sudden height change.
There is a period where the camera suddenly dips down when it hits the door frame. Or just clips into the top of the door and you briefly can't see anything at all.

Also the mech clips though the roof of some small rooms. But at least the camera behaves since the roof is a level height.

Maybe having a first person mode, or a camera that somehow knows when it should duck down would help.
Maybe special invisible necramech camera guides near doors to smoothly push the camera down as you approach a door?

Boost and 90 degree turns do not mix. When you end your boost to turn 90 degrees, you experience the self stun that is the boost stop animation. In the old maps there are lots of turns that warframes can navigate with ease, but the mechs do not keep up with the players intent.

In two tiered rooms in the corpus ship, the necramechs may not have a path to jump up from the bottom level and have to go to the side of the room or out of the room to find the stairs.

Yes, on my first mission I couldn't figure out how to enter a mech at the start and assumed these were decoration. I did the first condrix with my operator while my allies had their mechs. Then had to run back to the start of the map to find and experiment with how to enter a mech.
It might be better if you put an objective marker on a mech in the first room for a player that does not have a mech, so they are immediately guided to it. Maybe remove the marker if they leave.

Also, there is no in game information about how to use a mech. It's very unintuitive, void dashing a dead robot did nothing.
I expected something like the 'press Q to use transference' prompt that appears in kuva siphon missions. Probably only needed for players that don't have a necramech.

There isn't much to buy besides the new warframe, which seems cheap enough to be achievable.
I don't own a necramech so the necramech mods mean nothing.
I already have the weapons / similacrum from scarlet spear.
Arcanes requires you to gather 21!! copies to be used. So uh, for arcane energise that's 16,800 event money.
I got 700 money for one short day of play. So that's 24 days of play to buy it before it goes away. Don't think that's happening.

I didn't notice any new enemies. There are so many different effects going on at once it's hard to pick out anything in particular.
I think I saw a new summoner sentient but it didn't do anything before getting spiked on my Necramech. The enemies are really small, and you don't need to interact with them to finish a round. So it's better to ignore them where possible.

No, people in a squad wanted to leave around 10. Possibly because i'm using a rented mech but I can't damage the condrix fast enough to be efficient so I would not want to try for 36.
I could at least hit the target score for the three difficulty levels. That really feels like enough.

• If your operator dies when the last thing you piloted was a necramech, return to the necramech instead of the warframe. Since my warframe is probably back in the first room of the mission.
  • Please add an abilities menu option while in a necramech. As I have no idea what my rent a mech does.
  • The mech with the healing grab seems to be the better free mech. The other mech will just die since it can't regenerate health ever (that I can see).
  • The free mech gun is very poor. It can't kill sentients without using the operator to strip resistances. And since the operators can't immediately re-enter the mech with the same fluidity as a warframe, this process is very jarring.
  • Actually. the free mech gun is worse than my operators amp when using it against condrixes. Maybe the gun lacks mods, it's really pathetic.
  • These events were you have a single mission you have run on repeat for hours and hours to get rewards is draining. "Suffer to get rewards" doesn't encourage people to play the game more than the bare minimum, or encourage people not to play. I played the event more to double check my feedback that to actually play it. I might go back in the new year.
  • There are no indications that the new warframe parts can drop from the missions themselves. And if you want to try to get the parts from drops, there is no in game indication where the drops actually happen.

An external webpage is not a solution. Especially when it's existence is only mentioned in a forum post.
The forum post doesn't even link directly to the operation drop tables.
Actually, there is no obvious way to see the drops for the event from the table of contents.

So to see the drops from the game, you must:
1. Click on the news in the orbitor for the main patch.
2. Scroll down to rewards
3. find a link to a plain looking list
4. There isn't a section for the new operation, so you have to use the browsers search to find "Lavos" parts.
5. Scroll to find the top of the table to find what mission the parts belong to.
6. Alt-tab back into the game and play.

General Necramech feedback since I haven't used them before:

• There is a lot of lag in necramech animations where players have no control over the mechs actions. These tiny gaps in player input are very jarring.

After performing a slam attack, if you spin the camera 180 degrees and hold forwards, the mech will walk in the wrong direction after it gets up before turning around.
There is lag at the end of a boost and at the end of a jump (even onto terrain of the same height). Both of these make it annoying to navigate old levels.

I think for these indoor tilesets that have hard turns you need to remove the landing lag from normal jumps, to allow players to jump out of the boost end stun, turn in the air, land and boost again.
Or allow the mech to begin 'turning' while finishing it's boost and allow you to start another boost while recovering from the old one. Basically mech drifting. it could look cool with a sliding animation that leans as you turn to line up for another boost.

• Why is the mech boost limited? Between condrix locations you may run out and be forced to waddle around.

Maybe only deplete boost energy when running down enemies. So you can use it to go fast in a straight-ish line all the time. But can't keep it on forever when running over troops.
Also, don't deplete boost energy for hovering? Seems petty, the mech already appears to descend on it's own.

• Necramech Energy economy is bad. Basically in the free necramech, don't bother using 2 or 4. You will run out of juice very quickly and it doesn't seem to come back fast enough.

Warframes whole energy system of random energy drops from dead enemies / lockers seems flawed from the start, with a ton of bandaids placed on top (pizzas, mods, arcanes, energizing dash). The necramech strips all the bandaids off and it's not much fun.

As an alternative energy economy idea:
Remove energy drops. Give energy for attacking/damaging enemies and establish some sort of predictable energy income.
An innate slow energy regen over time as a reserve when no enemies are present.
Since you get energy from attacking enemies instead of killing, hp sack enemies won't stall your energy gain. The energy gain doesn't vary by damage, just if you are doing damage somewhere, your innate energy flow is increased by x00%. Damage from things that spend energy doesn't trigger the increased energy flow. When increased energy flow is active, add some sort of visual change to the energy bar.
Energy gain from guns might be something like "are you inflicting damage at around the same pace as your weapons fire rate?"
Melee weapons might be "Striking enemies with grounded attacks increases energy gain for the next ~2 seconds".

Temporarily disable ALL the energy band aids for testing. Then gradually rework / replace them.

• Citation

Yes, it was quite simple to understand after having played Scarlet spear and infested hive mission.

• Citation

Clunky, and slow, lacking bullet jumps having a big hitbox male it not really practical to use. Tbh it was not as bugged as I feared.
    About necramech survivability : bonewidow rely on her meathook and voidrig on his stormshroud. They rely on it so much that you barely use other powers just to have some energy left. I understand that lack of survivability is intended, but as a player it's not fun. Furthermore as they heavily rely on survival powers, trying to put forma on them during the event (which could be convenient as it forces you to play them), is not even worth it / practical.
    Damage output is not really good. Archgun really lack an Oomph effect, since profit taker. And being unable to use AoE against Orphyx even more enlighten the bad balance of archgun.

• Citation

Yes and No. I don't need them. I accidentaly transfered into one, and it was a lackluster : the weapon damage really have to be scaled in a way or another. 
    The animation is fun once, but way too slow if I plan to often use a Necramech  

• Citation

I like being able to buy rewards at the vendor, but overall the loot table is not good and the event currency reward is a bit low.
    Keep in mind that we need a spare Lavos for the Helminth...

• Citation

Bad in many ways :

• we can't fight them with warframe, that's really disappointing to not be able to test Xaku where she's supposed to shine.

• efficient archguns have high rof, with make sentient resistance even more efficient, and using tenno to remove their resistance may make you jump into a deactivated necramech....

• They don't drop anything. No basmu parts, no broken war parts, no sentient cores, not even energy orbs. Why would I care killing them ?

• I don't have time to waste trying to kill them as I have to deal with corpus or grineer to make them drop energy orbs and kills the annoying nullifiers that disable storm shroud / meat hook

• Citation

I didn't play solo, I feel that it'll be a waste of time. I reached 34 or 36 in group, not sure. It was long and kinda tedious.

• Citation

Scratching your head on the ceiling is kinda weird. waypoints suffer from the usual issues. Reaching 36 orphix is kinda difficult due to Nechamech lack of survivability.
    Archgun balance is bad (prolly part of it due to the Orphix being unaffected by AoE, but it would have made Arquebex too powerful...)
    Being forced to use Tenno or Necramech all the time is bad. I would have prefered 2 phases : for exemple Necramech only when the Orphix eye is opened, and being able to use warframe when the eye is closed (to destroy the resonator, and fight the new sentients with warframe).
    Lack of healing source for necramech is bad, and energy is too precious to use power that doesn't provide healing (or wipe the whole map in a few seconds which avoid losing health) they really need more way to regen energy and health (could it be a passive health / energy regen like warframe aura does, it'll be welcome).

That was really easy to undertand, I imediatly understood what I had to do with the mission.

It was better than I expected, only issue is that we have no reasons to move our warframes and if our necramech dies and then our operator we are rolled back far away where our warframe was which kinda sucks.

The fact they have like no mods even if they are lvl30 makes them too weak for fighting sentients. Also, the forced activation animation is way too long. If you are doing the mission alone you loose because of sentient control trying to get a deactivated Necramech basically.

It feels ok, but the 36 orphix cap isn't really welcome since you plan to make a leaderbord for this mission.

It's kinda cool but honestly in this event you just have to ignore them and focus orphixes beacause they will be cleaned up as soon as it's taken down.

In solo i made it to 27 orphix killed. In squad it was easy to reach 36 with a good stategy.

Nothing more to say besides Oprhix hitbox which behave strangly with some weapons such as the Fluctus.

On 2020-12-17 at 9:46 PM, [DE]Bear said:

[...]

We want to know your feedback on the following areas:

• 1) How easy was it to understand the new Operation and what you have to do to succeed?
  • 2) How was using a Necramech in a “normal” tileset?
  • 3) Did you have any difficulty finding or using a deactivated Necramech?
  • 4) How did you find the pacing of the Operation missions and rewards?
  • 5) What was it like fighting the new Sentient enemies?0
  • 6) Were you able to reach 36 Orphix Solo or in a Squad?
  • 7) Any other thoughts on gameplay, difficulty, visuals, or in-game guidance?

[..]

1) This was easy. operation is intuitive but after a lot of run it become to start to be always the same....

2) Nice, but the door are too small, and necramech head simply pass the wall like it is not a wall.

3) Just is too slow to activate. I use just my necramech, but when i accidentally take one of the fallen, the animation take realy a lot of time.

5) Like killing any other sentient.... they are beatble.

6) Not now, but just one time i tried to 36, so i think that with a motivted well equipped team will not be impossible

7) Could be better if enemies instead of spawning only in those 3 tyleset, could spawn in more set of map.

4) Ok... why 4th point is the last and is "bold"? Cause this is the most important for me. Mission reward are ok, just al little slow to gain rotation C and without axi relic they are a little unrewarding. But the big problem of the event for me is this: ther's nothing you can take with "phasic cells" that is useful for veteran player. I mean, after you have take all the reward, is nonsense to play more event, so for me father shoul also sell something useful and consumable like: "forma", "kuva", "nitain extract", "relic pack" or some other things that are everytime useful

(This text was translated using a translation site)

>How easy was it to understand the new Operation and what you have to do to succeed?
It was easy for me to understand.

>How was using a Necramech in a “normal” tileset?
The Corpus Ship and Gas City tilesets seem to have too little maneuverability for the long distances they travel and the amount of vertical movement.
In the Grineer Galleon tileset, the movement distance is fine, but it seems to be too easy to get caught in the terrain.
It would be more comfortable if there were adjustments to make it less likely to get caught in terrain and to increase the jump altitude. (I don't have enough mod slots!).

>Did you have any difficulty finding or using a deactivated Necramech?
It may be easy to find and use, but I don't like the idea of Transference even when it is not intended.
Shouldn't it be possible to call the launcher as a substitute for players who don't have their own Necramech or whose Necramech is on cooldown?
(In that case, when a player with his own Necramech calls it again after the cooldown, the substitute should disappear and his own Necramech should appear.)

>How did you find the pacing of the Operation missions and rewards?
I'm happy that there is now a way to get new items that is not dependent on luck (in normal play).
I would prefer a flatter variation in spawn intervals.
I'm also uncomfortable with the structure of the Phasic Cells, which require about an hour of play to be efficient.

>What was it like fighting the new Sentient enemies?
I've been so pressed for time that I haven't had a chance to think about anything other than Orphix.

>Were you able to reach 36 Orphix Solo or in a Squad?
I was able to reach it with a public squad (depending on the squad). I don't even want to try it solo.

>Any other thoughts on gameplay, difficulty, visuals, or in-game guidance?
I think it would make the mission more suitable for everyone if there is a warning of where Orphix will appear next when they are not present.
I don't like the idea that there could be a situation where you have a time limit but cannot use your trained Warframe or Necramech.

• Easy. Everything is pretty straightforward, to the point of being quite banal.
    • Worst than a warframe in every sigle gameplay aspect. Only pros are sound effects.
    • Not difficult at all. In fact their ease of access is detrimental, due to the painfully slow awakening animation and the fact that it cannot be cancelled if done by mistake 
    • Not bad, but can be better. Mission objective requires dynamism (rush to destroy Resonators, rush back to Necra, use operator to rush faster), which is good; problem is that with a fixed spawn at 1:30 min, Orphix spawn rate is quite slow at the start of the mission, when clearing a room takes less than 30 seconds, but it becomes acceptable later in the endurance. I would suggest a new spawn system based on two conditions: 1) if Orphix is destroyed before the subsequent 1:30 mark, a new one spawns 10 seconds after entering the correct room, 2) if Orphix is not destroyed before the subsequent 1:30 mark, a new one spawns (like is happening now already). [*** I would also suggest this system for every defense in the game: a new wave starts at each min, instead of waiting for one wave to be completely clear]
    • Cannot say. I only know new enemies exist because of Update notes. The whole mission is about rushing to kill red markers and blinding lights, ignoring everything else, only occasionally shooting AOE in the general direction of red triangles on the minimap.
    • yes, with a full team of 4 players, in 56 minutes. Doing this once only may be enjoyable, the run becomes stimulating because the enemies become pretty tough, and this requires cooperation. Doing this more than once becomes too tedious, 56 min is too much, and it only becomes stimulating after ~20 rounds. 
    • I appreciate the reward system, with the new items being both a drop and a store item, allowing us to farm ad libitum and then buying the leftovers (which are the main source of frustration elsewhere in the game). Every farm should be like this.
    • Gameplay is quite banal and too much repetitive, but considering that we got almost only mobile defenses in the last years, this is a step forward toward active gameplay. Nevertheless, not interesting enough: the mission types that you designed 7 years ago are outdated, you cannot really continue to base any new content on those, and what we got now is basically a survival with targets. Gameplay smells of stagnation, we need something innovative. Have you ever considered a network-based or web-based tyleset generation (as opposed to the current single corridor or dead-end ramification), how many new gameplay possibilites it could unlock?
    • Necramech aiming reticule is horrible: 1) it needlessy covers the full axes of the screen, those lines are only noise on the screen; 2) the aiming center, which is supposed to be the most important part for aiming, is not easily distinguishable and not enough coloured/illuminated. Aiming at the Orphix eye in that S#&$fest of extremely bright lights and flashes is frustrating.
    • Too many brights lights and flashes on the Orphix, this is as much disturbing as the Hydrolyst fight. 
    • Abandoned necramechs make me go furious when i accidentally mount in them: animation is 10x too slow, and it is impossible to cancel. Given that operator gameplay is heavily encouraged to destroy Resonators, we need a clear marker for our PERSONAL parked nechramech, so we can easily rush back to it in the mess caused by the fight. Abandoned necramech should spawn OUTSIDE the Orphix yellow zone, to avoid unwanted boarding.
    • The green exit marker still bugs out at mission completion and 1) either it doesn't appear at all or 2) it is placed directly on the extraction instead of each room's path to extraction, making its search in multi-branched maps a frustrating guess work (happened 2 times out of 5 runs in this event, full team of 4 people, no apparent lag/high ping, no host migration) This is appening since i joined, 4 years ago, and most probably since game creation. Any plans on a Waypoints 2.0 or Waypoints Revised to fix this and many other disturbing UI problems, like i.e the indefinite permanence of a mess of multiple objective markers (sabotage consoles and cells, excavation areas, etc) on screen even after their completion?

It was mostly easy to understand. I had problems hitting the center of the orphix though so I thought I was doing something wrong at first until I realized its hitbox was just a bit small. It should probably be made a bit easier to hit.

It is very slow and clunky. Trying to slide just makes you crash into walls unless you have a very long hallway. There was a lot of ledges I couldn't get up at all without increased jump height. It didn't feel very good most of the time.

I didn't use them much because I have my own mech. I did accidentally transfer into them a few times and the transfer animation is painfully slow. I'd always end up falling behind everyone else while waiting for it to finish. The damage they did was also really bad. There was hardly a point to using them at all.

My best run granted me 2k cells, but my average runs are giving me closer to 1k cells each. Considering I want both arcane energize and grace, I'll be doing this event for a while. I am happy Lavos parts drop in the rotation rewards though, I already have him building.

I really don't know. I've mostly ignored them while running as fast as I can from resonator to resonator. There isn't really time for the sentients. I would like to scan them but Helios won't help and there isn't really time to on my operator.

I was able to in a random public group but I haven't tried solo.

Storm Shroud and Shield Maiden should not wear off when you transfer to your operator. There are plenty of times mechs just cannot get somewhere fast enough but if we leave our mechs, we will turn off our abilities and be vulnerable when we return to them. We already cannot heal so making us vulnerable like this is not good.

Overall do I like this Event very much.

Actually I almost failed the mission, because I didn't find out that the weaknees of the orphix was the light shining blue orb. I think I was in this moment just a bit "brainafk", because the weakpoint is the same like in scarlet spear.

Quite funny and it was a welcomed different from the normal sliding-rolling-bulletjumping gameplay. But the Necramechs tend to stuck on some terrains and the stop after the mech runs out of fuel completly destroy the flow.

No difficulty. But this animation. I could make myself a sandwich in the time where the necramech stands up. And please give us an option to leave the mech, if we accidentally transferred ourself in it.

It could be better. The enemy level at the end is okay. But please reduce the amount of orphixes and double for it the enemy lv. scaling. The mission is extremly boring in the first 40min, because there's nothing which can somehow kill the player. 

I did see a few. But it's impossible to say if the enemy did make a differnce/ was interesting to fight, because there are to many enemies to see it.

In a group yes. But until now I didn't tried it solo. In a group is this mission very easy as long as everyone do his job.

I tried it Solo and after the fourth try (test tries to look how some combination works not included) I was able to do it. It wasn't easy. It was hard and dam I like it when my hands start shaking, because the mission forced me to break my limits. Please give me more of it.

If the Hyperlink doesn't work

The orphix need sometime around a min until a new spawn. This time should be reduced, because it destroys the flow of the mission.

The congulyst is able to move the mech, while he use his spinning-whirlwind. Could it please be removed? I thought that Necramech are something like tanks and they shouldn't be moved by a robot with two sticks.

(Wrong topic:) There's a bug which prevent the player to use any ability on the necramech/ Operator and Warframe. The only way to "fix" this bug is by killing the own Necramech, then the operator and last but not least the warframe. I think that I don't have to mention that especially at the start of the mission it's almost impossible to be killed by the enemies.

Already understood it all in the second Orphix from the first mission. Pretty easy.

It was nice for a change of the usual playstyle, but it was bad because it's too slow compared to operators/warframes and has VERY reduced mobility.
- It was a pain to reach the resonators in high areas, so you need to use the operator to get there. I equipped the +jump height to make me able to move at all.
- Moving from one Orphix to another was slow because you run out of stamina halfway there, and need to walk like a tired turtle. Running shouldn't waste stamina and charging should consume much less. If our warframes can parkour nonstop for 1 hour+, the "top tier orokin war machines" should sprint enough to reach the next room at the very least...
- Doors are not meant to fit Nechamechs, clipping through them and making the camera confused. Also, there are some spots that theoretically you could fit because they're the same height of a door, but the necramech gets stuck there.
- Health and Energy for Nechamechs are bad: you don't have arcanes or other means of healing/restoring other than orbs and 2 mods, so you are very limited. In Deimos, if your mech died, it was no problem because it was optional and you had your warframe. In this mission, if yours die, you need to use the bad deactivated mech while it recharges because it's mandatory.

They are not modded, so they're pretty weak. The only problem I had was unintentionally activating one once because I was trying to exit mine to enter the warframe, but instead I was on top of a deactivated and had to sit waiting for the animation.

If you're blasting through: slow, because you need to wait for the next one to spawn.
If you're struggling: too fast, because if you can't keep up with the current one, the next one will be even worse, leading to a 100% meter.

To be honest, only noticed the one that becomes a stationary gun once and took the time to watch it closely, otherwise they all look the same in the middle of the chaos, and as they're not the objective of the mission, you just ignore them.

Not yet, but I've only played 4 missions. Will definetly try to get to 36 when a squad doesn't have an afk member, me doing 90% of the damage and people actually learn how to play this event.

Just some suggestions:

- Remove or buff the Stamina(engine) of the Nechramechs
- Improve Mech vertical mobility (allow a bigger jump or double jump)
- Make the next Orphix spawn instantly when there is no other Orphix
- Make it so you can only enter the deactivated mechs if yours is on cooldown. Just having to press 5 leads to unintended activations
- Make some way to heal the mech. We have the Omni from Railjack: let us equip in on the frame and if you use it on your mech it heals using the energy from the warframe.
- Fix things before you move on to new ideas: you had a long problem with Mechs/Archguns not earning affinity, and guess what is still happening in this event? Losing earned affinity. This makes the event feel even more rushed and unpolished, making players hate the event for the bugs before they can get an opportunity to try to enjoy it. We get that it is a test to see if mechs are viable in indoor missions, but at least fix the existing bugs before you try to mix two existing systems in a scenario that is very susceptible to critical bugs. The ammount of dumb and easy to notice bugs that come out each update makes me doubt the capacity of whoever is in charge of testing things before PC release... Not to mention existing bugs that have never been fixed in years...

On 2020-12-18 at 4:46 AM, [DE]Bear said:

Warframe already will get stuck in tile geometries because the tileset are created in such a way that there are gaps n holes everywhere for players to stuck in. So a Necramech so much bigger will no doubt have a bigger share of this problem.

Also, could you guys not deactivate Necramech's shield (Voidrig's 2 n Bonewidow's active shield) when we transfer out of them? Why make us waste energy like that?

Also something related. Could you guys also grey out sentinel's health & shield (just same like our warframe when we are not in it) when we transfer our of our warframe, so it won't be dead? Why make them killable by enemies like that?

Pros: 

- Game play is better than scarlet Spear.

- Good Way to level up mechs

- Nice to have something for Mechs besides the ISO vaults.

- Earning the cells, with a higher reward for higher difficult and then trading them is also much better reward system over random drops.

Cons:

- Buggy transition back to warframe or operator.   If it exit the mech into operator,  I can't go back to warframe without dying.     If the Mech is destroyed, getting to extraction can be challenging.

- The even it is only for Mechs.  Leaves out your players that don't like playing mechs.    Gameplay should allow 

- Sentient vs Mechs:  Enemies are effectively bullet sponges.  Because the game play is focused on destroying the Orphix without the need to destroy the Sentients and because the mechs have limited invulnerability, the Sentients are more of a distraction than a threat.  

- Orphix events are very repetitive

Mildly confusing at first, but pretty easy to understand after a couple of Orphix. Often see others not shoot the resonators or Orphix though. Sometimes the Orphix remains 'open' when there's resonators around, which can cause some confusion, as it can't be damaged when it looks like it should be able to.

Love the head scraping effect. Both comical and fitting. Do wish the Necramech was slightly less clumsy though. Primarily would like to be able to dash in the direction I'm looking at after jumping, rather than having to 'manually' turn first (to let you rapidly change direction with dash -> jump -> dash in new direction).

They're pretty easy to miss visually, but with the minimap icons they're very easy to locate. Biggest gripe is the way too long unskippable 'rebuild' sequence. Accidentally transfering into a fallen mech, only to be locked into a 10~s long animation feels very, very bad. Let players bail out of it at any point (and just have it go back to being in pieces if you don't let it finish).

Since you have to do a full run to reap the maximum benefits, thus maximizing efficiency, I feel like a 'full run' is a bit too long. It takes about an hour, compared to a full Murex Raid from Scarlet Spear taking 20-30 minutes. The reward also feels a bit low, as a full Murex Raid gave more credits (adjusted to the cost of arcanes) than a full Orphix endurance run, which again, takes twice as long. Effectively, Orphix Endurance pays out half of what Murex Raids did (this is counting the Victory Reward, as that paid out two thirds of the credit reward for Scarlet). Overall, I'd like a 'full run' to be slightly faster (30-40 minutes instead of 50-60) for a similar amount of credits. Putting in 1 hour straight is a lot of time, yet doing anything less feels wasteful.

Cordatus Helmet should be removed from the drop table. It is an untradeable cosmetic item, yet it has an 8% drop chance in the A rotation for Endurance. Meanwhile, every other Lavos part has a 4% drop chance each, from the same rotation. Remove Cordatus Helmet, and bump the drop chance for the Lavos parts from 4% each, to 6%. I've gotten only two Lavos parts, but a whooping 5 Cordatus so far, which feels real bad. :c  I think it'd be way better if it was only available from Father, since right now it just bloats the drop table.

Mechs are too noisy, both visually and literally to even notice the new enemies. When you're stomping around in a huge mech, blowing up everything, it's hard to notice what exactly is swarming at you. You just shoot in the general direction.

Yes. Voidrig is absolutely needed.

Necramechs really need to passively regenerate both health and energy. I'd suggest 0.5% hp/s and 1-2 energy/s. The fact that there's no way to repair your mech other than having it drop below 20% feels bad. Bonewidow also offers very very little compared to Voidrig. Pretty sure it'd be easier to solo 36 Orphix with one Voidrig than doing it with 4 Bonewidows.

It's pretty easy to understand what to do, but it's harder to keep track of rotations and score targets.

It's pretty cool! But the verticality of the new corpus tileset can get annoying really fast (note that i don't have the necramesh super jump mod) and getting stuck on tiny ledges/items can be annoying.

I have my one mech, but it's more the opposite, they're littering around and when you accidently transfer into one of them instead of your frame/mech, you're locked in a long animation.

The pacing itself is fine, even if you could speed up the Orphix spawn rate when there isn't one active to keep the heat up.

The pacing of rewards however is abysmally slow, each run should reward more cells and each rotations should be 2 kills instead of 3.

The new mooks are pretty much irrelevant. The Orphix are really annoying to fight because of the weakpoint system that completely negates AoE attacks and depends on you having perfect aim on the target.

No, it's pretty much impossible to have a pub squad stay full until the end (i think most of them don't even know there is an end, since endurance run ususally implies infinite run) and you get overwhelmed if half your squad runs off to extraction instead of fighting.

Difficulty is fine, if you can somehow heal your mech. the fact that almost every way to do so got nuked make playing anything but bonewidow really bad. 

Running out of energy is a death sentence, and i'm pretty sure necramechs aren't immune to leech eximus auras despite being "immune" to any sort of energy recovery outside of orbs.

The nerf to engine efficiency mods is annoying, and so are the "controller friendly" hover control and losing any active necramesh power on transference out.

It should be clear that there is no "endurance" run, but a challenge run, and beating that challenge should give you a reward (because as far as i know that's not the case).

HEY DE — How about using the old Mars & Venus (Ice World) tilesets for this Operation instead of the garbage claustrophobic / crap Resonator spawn spots on Jupiter and the old Grineer Galleon maps?

Because TBH, those "exterior" looking maps are infinitely better than the hot garbage we're slogging through. It also showcases better settings for where the Necramechs would "appear" to be more useful.

Also, tell me how Orphixes can "land" inside of a ship or installation?

At least with the Condrixes in Scarlet Spear, their landing in the exterior Earth tilesets made sense.

34 minutes ago, TheLordOmega2 said:

Difficulty is fine, if you can somehow heal your mech. the fact that almost every way to do so got nuked make playing anything but bonewidow really bad. 

Running out of energy is a death sentence, and i'm pretty sure necramechs aren't immune to leech eximus auras despite being "immune" to any sort of energy recovery outside of orbs.

The nerf to engine efficiency mods is annoying, and so are the "controller friendly" hover control and losing any active necramesh power on transference out.

It should be clear that there is no "endurance" run, but a challenge run, and beating that challenge should give you a reward (because as far as i know that's not the case).

IMO, the jump hover was fine the way it was (mechs should play differently from Warframes).

As for the energy issue, I think killing an Orphix that will insta-gib all sentients in the area (like an Arbitration Drone does with linked enemies) so they barf energy orbs would be great.

Also:

• Mech buffs need to remain (like Iron Skin for Rhino does when you transfer out).
  • Necramechs are more powerful than Warframes — make that a statement by having all archguns a mech fires do sentient damage resistance nullification (like an Operator amp).
  • Necramechs are more potent than Warframes (lore wise) — set their abilities to be immune to a Corpus nullifier's bubble.
  • The Voidrig's 1st ability should coat enemies & heal the mech depending on the enemies coated or killed while coated or restore health from 50% - 100% of the damage done.
  • The Voidrig's 3rd ability needs to do a debuff on enemies (slow like Nova, freeze like Harrow/Frost, etc.) and debuff the damage resistances on Sentient enemies.

Archived