Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's talk about THAT moment of the Operation (SPOILERS)

Jukantos

So, as a friend of mine and i have already validated, there are multiple variations of the message you receive during the Endurance part of the Operation, once you kill 10 Orphix's.

Last warning, if you haven't gotten to that point yet, SPOILERS ABOUND.

I thought i'd set up a thread to compile the various messages and see if they actually contain more lore than i myself managed to gather - since a repeat run did NOT in fact lead to another message i presume it's a one time per account occurrence.

Zitat

"The Steel Vipers sleep now. I showed them how. I... had my reasons."

Since my friend already confirmed mid-mission that he had indeed gotten another message, it seems there are fragments to collect, soooo let's get collecting! :)

It seems Natah is in fact alive despite being yeeted at the sentient ship's core by her brother, and she's having second thoughts or at least keeping communications open. Maybe the path to #SaveLotus isn't closed after all!

I think the trigger is 20 Orphix. Got none of those messages until I reached 20.

I also think that unless these messages are coded to only show-up for players who have progress through The Sacrifice/Ropalolyst then this is a huge spoiler ahead of events.

10 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

I also think that unless these messages are coded to only show-up for players who have progress through The Sacrifice/Ropalolyst

I don't know what you're all talking about... (but yes it's protected based on players quest progress)... nothing to see here... 

1 hour ago, Jarriaga said:

I think the trigger is 20 Orphix. Got none of those messages until I reached 20.

I also think that unless these messages are coded to only show-up for players who have progress through The Sacrifice/Ropalolyst then this is a huge spoiler ahead of events.

I got one when my fourth Orphix in a run spawned (10th overall). Since it arrived immediately after I killed the previous one I don't know if the trigger was from Spawning or destroying.

2 minutes ago, Corvid said:

I got one when my fourth Orphix in a run spawned (10th overall). Since it arrived immediately after I killed the previous one I don't know if the trigger was from Spawning or destroying.

I see. Quite confusing then as we have multiple people sharing when it happened for them, and none align.

Will have to agree with  Kyori.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Corvid:

Considering you killed your 10th and mine popped up on the 10th as well that seems to align - maybe it is a chance on the 10th?

I wonder if it CAN happen more than once and/or what the conditions are...

1 hour ago, Jukantos said:

Considering you killed your 10th and mine popped up on the 10th as well that seems to align - maybe it is a chance on the 10th?

I wonder if it CAN happen more than once and/or what the conditions are...

Could be a rando message after certain number of Orphix kills. Honestly, they start tanking in the late teens, and the mechs don't hit as hard as you want.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb UUDDLRLRBA_START:

Could be a rando message after certain number of Orphix kills. Honestly, they start tanking in the late teens, and the mechs don't hit as hard as you want.

Agreed, my main problem tho is survivability. My Mausolon still takes a good third out of the 20th-ish big one with the secondary fire (if the 60% multishot procs) but the incoming damage just gets really difficult to handle. So many sentients with so much health around, it's rough. And ironically the absolute stand-outs are the classic Battalysts with their stupid spinny lasers - they chunk me harder than anything else in the room and can take literally a couple hundred rounds to the face before going down.

1 minute ago, Jukantos said:

Agreed, my main problem tho is survivability. My Mausolon still takes a good third out of the 20th-ish big one with the secondary fire (if the 60% multishot procs) but the incoming damage just gets really difficult to handle. So many sentients with so much health around, it's rough. And ironically the absolute stand-outs are the classic Battalysts with their stupid spinny lasers - they chunk me harder than anything else in the room and can take literally a couple hundred rounds to the face before going down.

IMO, the necramechs should imbue Void damage + Sentient damage resistance stripping in all the weapons they fire. That's what would make the mechs start "being worth it", esp. in the case for actual Eidolon hunting and not messing around.

4 hours ago, Jukantos said:

Kiddo can reset resistances if they're adapting to damage. Father even reminds us at the start if the mission with that line about us using our "void beam magic" or some such if things get rough. I forget the precise wording.

Judging by the pale white eyes and military computer speak, what Erra did to her probably intensified the brainwashing that they had already been subjecting her to.

And if you still think that Lotus defected of her own free will I remind you: Hunhow said the other Sentients would attempt to forcibly reclaim her, Ballas's story in Chimera doesn't add up with Lotus's, that story doesn't stand up to scrutiny anyway (mainly - Orokin brainwashed her but forgot to remove the bit that said 'lead the Tenno to annihilate the Orokin?'), Erra being named after a god of lies and Erra, upon having his story questioned, physically abused Lotus.

Archived