Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yareli / Pre-release feedback + Initial thoughts

PlanckZero

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

Well I am going to wait until I actually get to test her, but I am prepared to give detailed feedback on how to improve her once I try her out. I am sure there will be plenty of things the community points out, if recent experience is anything to go by they are willing to make changes as needed after release for the first 4-6 weeks or so. 

I do like that the newer frames get a few patches weeks after release. I wish several of the older warframes could receive the same treatment. 

I hope they finally get rid of K-Drive wipes, but otherwise, while I agree that most spaces are too small to sprint through in a K-Drive, regular movement on one could be more or less fine. Thematic overlap with Hydroid aside, Yareli looked really cool to me, and she seems to have some genuinely interesting gameplay about her too (getting a crit boost while in movement I think is rad, especially when paired with an indoor K-Drive). I may be wrong, and she may feel clunky to play in practice, but I look forward to trying that out, and am keen to try out her gameplay.

I think that as long as Yareli can leave the bubbles spread throughout the map like a CC version of Grenade fan, and her 3s range increase doesn’t just make it a narrow circle of damage around Yareli. I think she’ll turn out fine.

As for the 4. It reminds me a lot of Seeking Talons and how that ability isn’t really an Ult and more of just another ability to be used with the others. And just having a mass CC ability on a frame that’s designed to be moving a lot can have its benefits.

2 hours ago, Merrcenary said:

nobody cares about k-drives especially in classic wf maps, but De need somehow force people to love them like they did with rj and ash/oberon

I would like to play K-drives in normal maps. I'm not sure If I would like her version but I'm very interested in freestyle stuffs so I'm willing to try it.

1 hour ago, Jhura said:
2 hours ago, PlanckZero said:

I mean the design failure goes back a bit as well. DE is pretty staunch on what they want to do with frames. We have Temporal Anchor on Protea despite the fact that everyone I know helminths it off for something else (Breach Surge ftw lol). So it will stay, no matter how bad it is 

I change Dispensary.

TA is not bad but you can't use it everywhere. And people prefer killing everything in seconds instead of using different tactics. Hence Roar is used because it makes you kill faster without using too much brain power.

1 hour ago, PublikDomain said:

It'll be a good showcase for why DE's obsession with ragdolling off K-Drives is such a stupid idea, and then we can be rid of it. Maybe we can get them to allow us to use primaries on boards, too. This could all pave the way for K-Drives being usable in normal missions for everyone, which would finally give them a niche.

And melees!

3 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

f you don't like the K-Drive, subsume it off. Or don't play her, maybe she's just not for you.

gotta have something to subsume over right ? I got to wonder which ability they will let players put on otherframes, they never said on stream edit:never mind I guess someone asked in the very next post!!

my guess it might be the CC thing

Yareli looks pretty bad from the information we currently have, enemy scaling or not.

1. Pretty subpar CC, akin to Xaku's Deny. (Max rank seems to let it affect 3 enemies (unmoddable))
  2. While it might not remain this way, her k-drive currently can't be modded like an exalted ability. And even then, if it can't get trick score and equip Juice, I don't see much merit in this ability if it can't also facilitating ability spam. And from a tanking perspective, imagine Warding Halo with no multipliers. (Plus, you still get thrown from it, although thankfully sans ragdoll.)
  3. Basically Zanagoth's wish come true. And maybe it will be decent, but again I don't see it being worthwhile without secondary modding.
  4. A worse version of old Airburst, that's now a frame's ultimate ability.

Truly making her come off as "Hydroid's little sister", effectiveness and all.

54 minutes ago, Daank09 said:

DE always sends out balance changes our way in the near future.

Not always. Frames like Gauss and Xaku got tons of love after release, while others like Grendel have gotten basically nothing. And it's pretty easy to ascertain how good a frame will be from even info like this, with the exception of if an ability has enemy scaling, but even then rarely does that alone make it good. 

And if the community's opinion changes, it's usually because of buffs... Whether they realize it day one, or six months later, is another thing.

2 hours ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

her abilities worry me a bit

I was hyped but "its just another dps frame" thing that I don't know if she will be better than anything I already have

I also hope they do a mod to allow the damage reduction without the k-drive, because it think it will end up being clunky also forcing secondary weapon which are always worse than pimary and melee

meh been a long time since i felt zero interest into an upcoming frame... look wise i neither like it nor dislike it , none of her abilities caught my interest or had me think " woah cool one ", i hate k-drives with a passion and i can't even say i like the visual effects of her abilities lol.

might be the 1st frame i don't even give a damn about subsuming to helminth rotfl.

3 hours ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

, her abilities worry me a bit

so does the fact that she's gonna be locked behind my least favorite syndicate in the whole game. her abilities don't sound too bad on paper,  but we won't know for sure until she's released. your Vector Pad comparison though... made me cringe a little lol. 

Overall I believe she will feel clunky and if they don't balance her properly she will under preform immensely.
I brainstormed a few ideas with my friends and we came up with these:

P. When Yareli is moving quickly she will gain a crit damage boost on all weapons that is 2x as effective on secondaries. She and her K-drive will receive health regeneration.
1. Boost the amount of sea snares on cast from 3 to either 4 or 5. Make them strip armour and shields over a duration.
2. Possibly reduce the amount of damage allies take around your k-drive but don't take it from the health pool.
3. Without dramatically changing the ability all that can be really added is more verticality. On stream it is shown to only do damage at the blades.
4. Yareli will pull enemies within a selected area trapping them in a bubble. The bubble can be shot to boost its damage which will explode out after a set duration and deal a multiplied amount of that damage. The burst will also pop all sea snares on the map dealing a % aoe of that collected damage each.

2 hours ago, SheikaVoid said:

Just wait until the Conclave-exclusive frame gets released.

damn, calm yourself there , Satan.

taking into account that A: her visuals aren't my style, B: she's tied to some of the most unlikeable characters in the entire game, and C: the K-Drives themselves are also not something I really bother with, I'd say Yareli has her work cut out for me to consider her as anything other than MR fodder. everything rests on how viable her kit is: she'll either be a wonderfully overpowered gal who you can crash into walls with her literal waterboard for lols when you're done killing everything, or she'll just be considered the female version of Grendel with a board instead of a Ball form.

I'll be waterboarding myself one way or another...

1 hour ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Sure, DE listens to feedback, but what you are asking for is like asking for Hildryn to not be a shield frame before release and expecting them to change that part of her. 

It is clearly too integral and she is way too far into development. 

What are you even talking about?  There's been NOTHING to suggest that this ability will have any particular synergies or dependencies with any of her other abilities or be vital to how she operates.  At the absolute BEST they described that being able to drift around on it would help with her passive of getting enhanced crits while moving... know what also accomplishes that?  Just moving around without having to be on a k-drive. 

this is absolutely nothing like suggesting Hildryn shouldn't be a shield frame.

"Is Warframe anime now?"

It literally always has been lmao. It's a game originally conceived to be about space ninjas made by western developers. Most of the "ninja" aesthetic in the game is entirely based on anime, and (*lightly*) Japanese film. 

The game has always worn these influences on its sleeve. 

Just now, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

damn, calm yourself there , Satan.

taking into account that A: her visuals aren't my style, B: she's tied to some of the most unlikeable characters in the entire game, and C: the K-Drives themselves are also not something I really bother with, I'd say Yareli has her work cut out for me to consider her as anything other than MR fodder. everything rests on how viable her kit is: she'll either be a wonderfully overpowered gal who you can crash into walls with her literal waterboard for lols when you're done killing everything, or she'll just be considered the female version of Grendel with a board instead of a Ball form.

I'll be waterboarding myself one way or another...

I'm glad someone else finds the ventkids as insufferable as I do.  I actually love K-Drives, but, man, I've never wanted to commit crimes against humanity so much.

44 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

so does the fact that she's gonna be locked behind my least favorite syndicate in the whole game. her abilities don't sound too bad on paper,  but we won't know for sure until she's released. your Vector Pad comparison though... made me cringe a little lol. 

I skipped maybe half of the stream in total, what do you mean locked?

I just saw the Prerin Sequence at one point & immediately skipped

25 minutes ago, (NSW)Larena said:

"Is Warframe anime now?"

It literally always has been lmao. It's a game originally conceived to be about space ninjas made by western developers. Most of the "ninja" aesthetic in the game is entirely based on anime, and (*lightly*) Japanese film. 

The game has always worn these influences on its sleeve. 

What are those "ninja aesthetics"? Game has few weapons that are similar (in name or looks) to real weapons (e.g. Katana or Okina). However this doesn't strike me as ninja/anime thing. DE borrows melee design from around the word, Asia included.

And don't forget we'll also have augments.

It won't be the first time augments turns utterly trash abilities to a really good one.

Let go of all your worries, mate. No need to lose sleep over a videogame. Even if the worst happen and she turns out really suck, we can just put her next to her dad, hydroid in the attic and never play her again.

Until the inevitable buff comes.

1 minute ago, Soy77 said:

And don't forget we'll also have augments.

It won't be the first time augments turns utterly trash abilities to a really good one.

Let go of all your worries, mate. Even if the worst happen and she turns out really suck, we can just put her next to her dad, hydroid in the attic and never play her again.

Abilities shouldn't be trash to begin with, not that her's look trash, but lackluster

Augments add or change an ability, the best example being Nidus, his augments really change his gameplay

18 minutes ago, quxier said:

What are those "ninja aesthetics"? Game has few weapons that are similar (in name or looks) to real weapons (e.g. Katana or Okina). However this doesn't strike me as ninja/anime thing. DE borrows melee design from around the word, Asia included.

When's the last time you saw a westerner bow, kneel and look out a panoramic window, or do tai chi emotes?

6 hours ago, PlanckZero said:

I mean... really? The "Queen of Mobility" is stuck with an entire ability dedicated to constantly bumping into S#&$ in the primarily tightly enclosed normal mission maps? To being unable to do something as simple as bullet jumping or even getting around minor obstacles without launching yourself into the air with the horrible k-drive jump? A mode of transportation that even in open world settings is more often cumbersome and is second only to Necramechs? A mobility centered ability you're going to at best be constantly toggling off when you actually want to be mobile and at worst will only ever use when you're in a "stationary" situation and just drifting back and forth so you can have the damage reduction? Really?

They...they...they actually turned it into an ability!?!?!?!?!

roast of justin bieber lol GIF

If DE wanted to make her the surfer girl frame then they just had to give her a k-drive idle animation. Just...wow.

38 minutes ago, SheikaVoid said:

I'm glad someone else finds the ventkids as insufferable as I do.  I actually love K-Drives, but, man, I've never wanted to commit crimes against humanity so much.

if they ever made weapons usable in Fortuna, I wouldn't go on a killing spree... I'd just drop some gas in the vents and seal them up. if that doesn't work I'm taking my Nikana Prime and going full Anakin Skywalker in that clubhouse. anything to stop the little monsters from talking. god I wish the Corpus enslaved the kids too...

My concern is whether K-Drive is suited for enclosed spaces like most of the non-open world tilesets.

Titania's Archwing form was pretty jarring to use at first. A lot of crashing into surfaces and not being able to travel at max speed for very long.

I could maybe see using up an ability for movement, if the k-drive does something.

If the k-drive can knock npcs over, ride up walls, increased jumping height or something functional. Hover on water for fishing, or having reduced slow down on hitting walls, anything at all.

My first reacion was, what if you can't use melee weapons while the k-drive is out...

Then not only did you not get anything out of it, you lost functionality. The "disable melee" ability. Maybe it's in anticapation of all the melee nerfs coming, they don't expect anone to be using melee weapons at that point anyway, lol.

I am sitting here thinking, if I had a k-drive during regular gameplay, would I use it? What is the point, the advantage, the pay-off?

Limited controls and bumping into walls, it's actually anti-fuctional. You can do less with a k-drive, than frame parkour.

But let's pretend that wasn't the case, you still have to load it up, every single time, you go in and out of combat.

Then, what if I run out of energy? Team just runs on ahead and I can't cast k-drive to get moving.

I am trying to be really diplomatic and open-minded, wanting to understand the point, but so far I just don't see any.

37 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

what do you mean locked?

I mean locked lol. they said you do the quest for the Vent kids for the Blueprint, same as any other quest frame, but then her parts will be in Vent Kids' inventory under offerings.. so you'll need to get Vent Kids Standing, which means doing the tricks and the races. 

if you like K-drives it's fine, but it's a huge L for me. another frame I'll be using a coupon on.

Archived