Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yareli / Pre-release feedback + Initial thoughts

PlanckZero

Just now, RazerXPrime said:

If you want steel essence. Other than that. It's not important really unless you like challenge bulletspunges.

Yeah... "challenge" in a game where the combat system consists of either clicking on a group of enemies or smashing E...

Almost like parkour and puzzles are underutilized in a game with shallow combat interaction.

1 minute ago, SheikaVoid said:

Yeah... "challenge" in a game where the combat system consists of either clicking on a group of enemies or smashing E...

Almost like parkour and puzzles are underutilized in a game with shallow combat interaction.

To be fair you can make it as interesting or dull as you want. There's plenty of combat options. I tend not to go for the meta one on clearing things as quick as possible, but for something I myself find entertaining. It is for all intents and purposes a game I should enjoy. Not a competition I need to win.

Just now, RazerXPrime said:

To be fair you can make it as interesting or dull as you want. There's plenty of combat options. I tend not to go for the meta one on clearing things as quick as possible, but for something I myself find entertaining. It is for all intents and purposes a game I should enjoy. Not a competition I need to win.

Well said Razer!

I usually use weapons I enjoy using, but I'll not pretend that there's much depth aside from the modding in this game.  

I'll probably just shove Yareli into the helminth after I max her. Her kit looks really uninspiring.

Come to think of it, I haven't kept a new warframe since Hildryn (for her actual kit) and Wisp (for her "assets"). DE seems to be running out of good ideas for the last couple of years, now.

Step 1. Decide on skill to replace K-drive.

Step 2. Replace K-drive skill.

Step 3. Equip melee

Step 4. Activate skill #3

Step 5. Pretend you play a D2/D3 Pally/Crusader/Necro or a PoE hero with them orbital daggers dressed in a wedding gown fusion outfit.

Step 6. Profit...? Doubtful.

15 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

Well a meme on something is not the same as an ingame character acting 100% like a stock anime girl.

Agreed. When they add bunny ears again next year she'll pretty much be Belle Delphine with her ahegao pose animations at that point.

6 hours ago, MouadSaqui said:

I'm personally interested in New war, duviri, I want to fight the sentients, I want more umbra warframes, new mechs, and .... modular arcwing, As a player who spend time in this game I want DE to deliver what they promised, otherwise If I want to play as a kawai waifu I'd go play some chinese gacha game and call it a day.

I hope you have a comfy chair then, because you're gonna be sat waiting for a LOOOONG time for those.

not really a kawaii person myself, and I hate the Ventkids. the animations can be swapped out, but she'll still be locked behind the vent brats, and she'll still be crashing into walls on the tighter tilests like europa and Eris, because they 100% are not designed for a fast-moving hoverboard to go screaming through them. 

3 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

While Merulina looks gigantic, I don't think Yareli needs to shrink but rather her hitbox/collision box should, to help her navigate the tight cramped spaces of the tilesets. She's supposed to have more lenient crashing resistance not forcing her off the board, so I think Pablo would also give her an easier time when bumping into things.

Bumper Cars the Frame.

It will be strange if the character collision is less than mesh. But this can be implemented in a different way. For example, instead of collisions, give the opportunity to ride on the walls (avtomaticly) . This would be an even better alternative to reducing the size. But I think it's difficult to implement. In any case, narrow corridors are a problem for her now. I don't think k-drive combat is possible in normal missions until this issue is resolved.

7 hours ago, Myscho said:

Yep, DE is pushing to the max to reach younger and youger audience

I guess they'll have to change their terms of service considering their stance is that you shouldn't be here if you're under 18 unless you have explicit parental consent.

2 hours ago, Yrkul said:

I'll probably just shove Yareli into the helminth after I max her. Her kit looks really uninspiring.

I really hope Belle Delphine's subsumed ability is her 3. It at least looks more useful than her 1 (For my melee close and personal style) even if we have no numbers to go by. Would pair well with Gara Splinter Storm builds.

8 hours ago, MouadSaqui said:

Yerali is a kinky frame

This says volumes about you and nothing about the frame.  I'm honestly flabbergasted that of all the words you could have used, that one came to mind.  It might be worth considering taking some time for introspection on this one.

7 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

I really hope Belle Delphine's subsumed ability is her 3. It at least looks more useful than her 1 (For my melee close and personal style) even if we have no numbers to go by. Would pair well with Gara Splinter Storm builds.

Wow. Why would you do such a thing? 

Personally I think Yareli is pretty good... except for the K-Drive thing.

Secondary crit bonus while moving? Kay. Gives me a reason to use those more. Kinda lazy though.

First ability? Eh, I've seen worse.

Third ability, the water blades? Amazing. I love it.

Fourth ability? I like the idea, but I feel like it could use a range buff.

But her second ability? Hell no. DE's at it again with the gimmicks.

I'd say her 2 needs to be replaced entirely. Something like;

- Water Geysirs causing nearby enemies to get shot up into the air and take damage

- Rain clouds that cause shock damage

- Vortex that sucks enemies in, water vauban.

Or perhaps replace her 2 with the 4 and make a whole new 4, because the single geysir seems a little boring.

One thing I noticed is that Warframe has tried hard to encompass many variations of the human form.  On the feminine side, we've had a diva (Saryn), bodybuilder (Hildryn), soccer mom (Nova), dancer/gymnast (Mirage), cowgirl (Mesa), etc.  But what we've been missing is a younger female counterpart to Nezha.  So we got maid cafe waitress Yareli.  Personally, I thought she looked pretty cute in the stills, but they went a bit overboard with the kawaii animations.

I have nothing to say in this regards until we test her. That is a certain thing they won't rework the old map tiles just to fit Yareli's style. Also not sure if they trying to push toward more players to play K-drives, Railjack, Arcwing but we already have Titania and the Archwing not became a mandatory thing in most places. In the old styled maps Yareli may will suffer but there are places where she could shine. I personally not seeing so much trouble with her kit the question is how it will plays once they polish it because what they have shown seemed messy.

The problem is that all of her abilities are damage abilities, with the exception of the CC bubbles (and other frames can do CC 1000x times better). If she does not scale well, she will be 100% pointless after a certain threshold.

2 minutes ago, Dunkelheit said:

The problem is that all of her abilities are damage abilities, with the exception of the CC bubbles (and other frames can do CC 1000x times better). If she does not scale well, she will be 100% pointless after a certain threshold.

Im holding judgment until i play her and test some builds, with all due respect rebb is not exactly a power player in WF so her build may not have been ideal for showing the warframes potential, that said based on what we have seen i dont see much dmg scaling potential so she may be high level cc/support or a low level fun frame, i can certainly see her being more useful in open worlds tho

Archived