Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A post Directly to the [DE] Staff, and specifically Rebecca. Deja Vu?

SpentCasings

5 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Go down the Google and reddit rabbit hole. It will blow your mind.

I can't find anything,l do you have som links to read about? I know that even devs make jokes about it on devstreams, but I want some proofs

6 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

I can't find anything,l do you have som links to read about? I know that even devs make jokes about it on devstreams, but I want some proofs

I can try after work. Apart from the dev stream jokes, and a lot of circumstantial evidence I found a more obscure stream once where she was more seriously sounding talking about it, but that's not necessarily proof either. 

That's the beauty of it. If she really IS shy and isn't just doing a reverse prank because she knows shy really well and wants to mess with us, it would be almost impossible to prove either way. 

Because she can always say she was just joking, and shy never reveals her face or voice.

6 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I can try after work. Apart from the dev stream jokes, and a lot of circumstantial evidence I found a more obscure stream once where she was more seriously sounding talking about it, but that's not necessarily proof either. 

That's the beauty of it. If she really IS shy and isn't just doing a reverse prank because she knows shy really well and wants to mess with us, it would be almost impossible to prove either way. 

Because she can always say she was just joking, and shy never reveals her face or voice.

whenever you can mate, I'll grateful

As a friend of mine said: the game should be growing in height, not width. Each new content adds more and more islands, and not only that, is not designed to "go beyond", but to keep players grinding hours and hours in a gameplay they already know. This way you only keep new players grinding a lil bit more before they leave, but thats the problem, they leave instead of stay in the game, and there is a limit in the amount of new players you can earn every year, you cannot let yourself the old players leave, at least not all of them. Its a problem of focus I think. I ve seen wonderful ideas post here in the forums, ideas for endgame (like grinding 1% permanent stat increase in raids, capped at 40%), or ideas to rework classic gameplay modes (minibosses or minitasks in survival, defense, etc). They definitely should take in consideration some of the wonderful feedback posts I ve seen here in te forum, and bring a new golden age to warframe.

Hey OP!

I'm a Firefall refugee as well.

Did you know the guy who created Firefall is working on a new game that's going to have the same concept as Firefall?

Excavators, Stompy Robot suits, aliens and bugs, storms . .

It's called Em8er.

It's in very early pre-alpha, but there are a few tech demos out there somewhere.

On 2021-06-22 at 12:59 PM, SpentCasings said:

THERE IS SUCH A THING AS TOO MUCH ATTACK SPEED. :O

My very first riven in this game was Guandao riven. It came with ohhh about 130 some odd critical, 75% attack speed -status chance...basically a pretty good bingo roll for a noobie. Its why its my most used melle weapon in the game. An old clannie tossed me a blood rush and my very low MR butt was zipping around red critting things and having an absolute BALLLL...but oddly enough i had to drop Beserker off the build...the dam thing got so fast, especially once i acquired Valkyr and her eternal war augment that id could barely finish my melle combos, they actually kept resetting and i'd just do this weird stutter thing after only swinging once....There is actually a break point between attack speed and just tossing beserker off for more damage/status/whatever the case may be. This is doubly true for guns in this game. That excuse is just Completely BUNK...sorry not sorry. Try again.

That's true, and I guarantee you this, too much attack speed will never disappear from this game while such thing as speed frames buffing other frames exists, Too much attack speed can sometimes affect your game without your consent 

Before I say something, this post should be in feedback. I doubt the GM would see anything here.

2021/6/23 AM3点59分 , SpentCasings 说:

"HEY this game is about flying around in armored suits and mobility....leeeets aaddd...AIM DOWN SIGHTS!!!! YEAH that's it!!!"

*literally everyone*

"That is a terrible idea why would you do something that would murderously kill our mobility and give us something we dont need? We have no accuracy issues, fix X, Y, Z, instead"

"NAHHHH i'ma do it, Oh by the way? that really cool long range GATLING FREAKING LAZER CANNON that you melt people with? yeah thats a short range mining laser now, cause reasons"

Repeat until death.

That is why people use AoE weapons. In a horde-shooter like warframe you certainly do not want to aim their head just to kill an enemy. True. And they are going to nerf those weapons that deal AoE damage. Ironic.

I hate new content in your game. I hate it not because of its poor implementation (although thats usually an issue) or bugs (massive issue) I hate it because i know the more hardcore among us will find some way/frame/mod combination to absolutely walk through the content which leads to those frames, mods and what have you immediately being nerfed. DE fanboys/girls/whatever your identity DONT EVEN TRY TO COME FOR ME because look at every single last major event or content drop. SOMETHING GOT NERFED. every. Dang. TIME.

I dont even PLAY steel path. I likely never will. I dont like chewing on uberarmored grineer for 20 minutes alone because my clans mostly dead and i can never get a group going to do stuff like that with. Your method of increasing the difficulty was boring to me, and the way you go about punishing players who USE THE SYSTEMS AVAILABLE to deal with the increased armor/health values and actually kill thier enemies in a timely fashion is also very offputting. 

When people are defending DE they say stuff like "steel path is 5% of the content" and complain that melee is too op compared to other weapons... However the reality is that 90% of the kills are from slash procs... It is not like everyone who play steel path acknowledge the problem - slash procs (from HM/internal bleeding/hemorrhage/melee/khora whip...) are being the only ones which could kill those enemies efficiently. I mean the two recent slash mods (hemorrhage, internal bleeding) are good addition to the game, but the thing is that "impact is bad, lets turn it into slash" kind of stuff, instead of making impact actually useful.

Steel path grineer is quite easy to kill to be honest, but for undergeared people it is like 100 bullet sponge in a mission. To be honest I don't really like how they made steel path as well. I know increasing all the numbers could make it harder, but that could also mean that they are somewhat increasing the power line. Before steel path even released a rubico without full setup and good rivens could kill, but now you are forced to use AoE high crit chance weapons with HM just for you not to spend 15 mins in a SP incursion defense mission. That shouldn't be how it works, especially for 90% of the weapons you have to at least forma 4 times to build a full modded setup.

And the whole "you cant see the animations!!!" Excuse? Is just that, an EXCUSE. A very very HOLLOW one. When we are melleing we are NOT looking at the animations, no matter how fast or slow we are going, We are looking at the next section of grineer to MURDER. Melle in this game is fast and frantic and thats why we like it. Ironically, I actually wanted to make a praise post some time ago when the Battacor was dropped praising your animation department for they work they did. Acutally seeing all the moving parts working on that thing as you fired was very impressive, and it was obvious whoever did those animations put a lot of love in it. Also: the other reason why that is a TERRIBLE cop out excuse, is that I HIGHLTY doubt everyone was double stacking beserker with primed fury. Know why? This is gonna be a kicker...

THERE IS SUCH A THING AS TOO MUCH ATTACK SPEED. :O

My very first riven in this game was Guandao riven. It came with ohhh about 130 some odd critical, 75% attack speed -status chance...basically a pretty good bingo roll for a noobie. Its why its my most used melle weapon in the game. An old clannie tossed me a blood rush and my very low MR butt was zipping around red critting things and having an absolute BALLLL...but oddly enough i had to drop Beserker off the build...the dam thing got so fast, especially once i acquired Valkyr and her eternal war augment that id could barely finish my melle combos, they actually kept resetting and i'd just do this weird stutter thing after only swinging once....There is actually a break point between attack speed and just tossing beserker off for more damage/status/whatever the case may be. This is doubly true for guns in this game. That excuse is just Completely BUNK...sorry not sorry. Try again.

I could give a second reason for that question in bold.

you have 8 mod slots. Now we basically need blood rush, weeping wounds, cold/toxin = viral, CO, drifting contact (w/o naramon). That is already six slots. One slot I would think it is for the riven. Now for the 8th slot, you either put crit mods or attack speed mods.

The situation is just like stacking attack speeds in the rubico - you sacrifice your damage for attack speed (or other way round), which in turn lowers your DPS. Think if you removed drifting contact, that would lead to your melee combo being reset very fast. The other mods are pretty much must-haves in melee or you don't get high damage output.

Most of the changes presented are not going to change anything. People are still going to main melle in steel path, the on kill requirements for most of the gun mods (that i have -1000000000000000 intention of ever farming) make them pretty tactically useless unless melle kills count, (lol). Everyone gets a bit nerfed, Your game doesnt change much except for the shuffling of a few gladiator mods onto melle weapons to make up for the bloodrush changes aaand people might take 1 or 2 extra swings to kill high level grineer in a game mode i seldom if ever pick up pub players in when i try it, which speaks to its population. 

Nothing changes and you piss off quite a few players fooooor what? What will be accomplished? Why dont you actually LOOK as to WHY melle is so dominant in your one apparently poorly populated mode and see what changes can be done to bring gun play UP to that level FOR end game content like that. You will NEVER "Diversify the game" by nerfing the dominant thing. You guys keep trying and I'm willing to bet you that behind the Kuva nukor the Catchmoon is still probably one of the more used secondaries....MMO's will NEVER work like that, ive been playing them since at least 2007. and in every one the more mathy/experimental ones among us will find the one frame/character/gun/mod/sword whatever the heck that can dominate and that will be the mainstay. That's in every mmo ever created. We. Break. Your. Crap. Its why i LOVE these games honestly. Stop punishing us for playing your game. Unless it is something that is actually negatively affecting others gameplay or is just inherently broken I dont see the issues. Who is in here complaining? The Grineer?  The last negative things that actually messed with other peoples experiences where Troll Limbos, and Memeing strike atteraxes. Those are LONG gone...

The "On Kill" requirement buffs doesn't really compensate the inconsistent crits for melee... "Oh they say killing with guns is so hard? THEN LETS F-ING MAKE AN ON KILL REQUIREMENT ON THEM HAHAHAHAH"

No, It does nothing. Even ether sword with literally no crits it could destroy SP grineers faster and more convenient than 90% of the guns does even with HM or hemorrhage. And the changes only indirectly increase the time to kill people.

The problem is not "nerfing blood rush", the problem itself is that there aren't much way to efficiently kill enemies besides slash procs. Even with melee you don't kill people with direct hits, even with that BR and WW and CO scaling. And literally anything with that mod setup could destroy sortie level enemies in an instant if they handle steel path well.

Guns mechanics never change, game mechanics never change, impact and puncture never change. Don't tell me that galvanized mods that activates on kill is a buff, since literally anything that could trigger such condition does not need that kind of "buffs".

On 2021-06-23 at 12:26 AM, Reitrix said:

It always amuses me to see people proclaim the devs dont play their own game when they frequently live stream themselves ... playing the game. 

yea and being mediocre at best. Id trash anyone of DE in a match. They have surface level experience of their game, not in depth what people actually do and how they play the game

On 2021-06-22 at 4:06 PM, minininja77 said:

and this is what is fundamentally wrong with their communication. I do not care how BIG reddit is this is their community they should respond to posts here not there

Hell they even have a "latest staff reply" here and that thing is dryer then a desert.

On 2021-06-22 at 3:59 PM, SpentCasings said:

We. Break. Your. Crap

And this is why you and the devs don't see eye to eye and likely never will. They don't want you to break their crap, and there's no middle ground there. There hasn't been a single game in existence in which devs want you to break their crap. Some are more lenient and let you or don't mind, but they don't actually want you to. No game developer wakes up thinking "I'm looking forward to players invalidating what I've been working on for the past months".

On 2021-06-22 at 3:59 PM, SpentCasings said:

Unless it is something that is actually negatively affecting others gameplay or is just inherently broken I dont see the issues. Who is in here complaining? The Grineer? 

I was and still am. I posted months ago that melee should be nerfed and guns shouldn't be buffed because we won't ever get any semblance of difficulty while we still are grossly overpowered, and I don't want for the game's hard mode to become the de facto normal mode by scaling weapons to its level. 

3 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

cute. 

What are you trying to imply here? TSP being easy for our power level doesn't change the fact that it was introduced as the game's official hard mode, and it is harder than the standard Star Chart (¨Normal¨ mode). DE should be making it harder, not easier.

29 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

What are you trying to imply here? TSP being easy for our power level doesn't change the fact that it was introduced as the game's official hard mode, and it is harder than the standard Star Chart (¨Normal¨ mode). DE should be making it harder, not easier.

I agree, but we all knew it was going to become the standard. 

I was just admiring your idealism. 

as soon as DE announced unique rewards to SP, it was doomed to become a mode that anyone can complete by using anything.

5小时前 , Jarriaga 说:

TSP being easy for our power level doesn't change the fact that it was introduced as the game's official hard mode, and it is harder than the standard Star Chart (¨Normal¨ mode). DE should be making it harder, not easier.

Haha. That is why I believe that SP is quite a mistake, at least if it is for DE to handle. What they do to SP is just increasing the numbers (health, armor, shield...) and higher spawn rate in survival mission. I am fine with the latter but just "increasing the numbers" without something new is like they are increasing the power level that we desire.

Players using BR/WW/CO/HM/etc and slash weapons aren't the ones to blame here, since literally every player wants to use the most efficient way. Hence they inevitably formed a new standard. And no, it couldn't be reversible by nerfs because through nerfs less things could meet the standard NOW, and it gets annoying because at last literally everything became bullet sponge. In a horde shooter game.

So well, they committed that mistake, now they have to fix that. Definitely not through nerfs because 90% of the weapons don't kill people with direct hit, but with slash procs. Before people like to say that "viral slash is busted" I want to say that it is because most of the other damage types are being absolute garbage.

On 2021-06-23 at 1:49 PM, Tesseract7777 said:

Shy literally took a tour of the studio with other Partners years ago.... with Rebb there.  I dunno if you're all just bein' sarcastic, but just in case... no, Shy =/= Rebb, lol.

20 hours ago, ghoti0315 said:

Before I say something, this post should be in feedback. I doubt the GM would see anything here.

That is why people use AoE weapons. In a horde-shooter like warframe you certainly do not want to aim their head just to kill an enemy. True. And they are going to nerf those weapons that deal AoE damage. Ironic.

-snip-

My friend... I was running SP on stream the other night JUST to prove the point that y'all DON'T need these meta weapons or higher stats on mods to win.  You really don't.

I ran a lower-ranked Blood Rush and Condition Overload, and even ditched the Berserker for a not-fully-ranked Primed Fury.  Killed Grineer just fine.   Even tossed it on a non-slash weapon (Shildeg).  

Didn't use Warframe powers... had an unranked Lex and an Arca Plasmor (with a half-arsed build), and again... did FINE.  

This is all this Doomsday nonsense goin' around like somehow you're not still gonna be OP or be able to kill anything, and that's demonstrably false!

But, I found a Youtuber who demonstrates it EVEN BETTER and with all the numbers to back it: 

So y'all can quit panicking now, and put away your pitchforks and torches for Ordis' sake...

17小时前 , (PSN)JustJoshinEnt 说:

Shy literally took a tour of the studio with other Partners years ago.... with Rebb there.  I dunno if you're all just bein' sarcastic, but just in case... no, Shy =/= Rebb, lol.

My friend... I was running SP on stream the other night JUST to prove the point that y'all DON'T need these meta weapons or higher stats on mods to win.  You really don't.

I ran a lower-ranked Blood Rush and Condition Overload, and even ditched the Berserker for a not-fully-ranked Primed Fury.  Killed Grineer just fine.   Even tossed it on a non-slash weapon (Shildeg).  

Didn't use Warframe powers... had an unranked Lex and an Arca Plasmor (with a half-arsed build), and again... did FINE.  

This is all this Doomsday nonsense goin' around like somehow you're not still gonna be OP or be able to kill anything, and that's demonstrably false!

But, I found a Youtuber who demonstrates it EVEN BETTER and with all the numbers to back it: 

So y'all can quit panicking now, and put away your pitchforks and torches for Ordis' sake...

Of course if you are saying "killing grineer just fine" you could like use a lot of weapons there, but which of them is more efficient? Kuva Shildeg or Kronen Prime? (I don't use both of them, I use prisma skana or dual raza)

My main point out there is that, people tend to use the most efficient way to deal with things like the SP, and I know that a lot of people use Kuva Bramma with HM, Kuva Nukor, etc etc. Here I severely doubt that your so-called "half-arsed" arca plasmor could do better than those two weapons. And now there is the question, if you are to kill people as fast as possible, which weapon will you pick? I am being sure that at least 50% of the population would choose kuva bramma because it has higher crits (means more HM slash procs), more AoE range and maybe more damage and better damage type.

Here I am not even denying Arca Plasmor, of course if you said it could kill people well, then it could. However people's consideration isn't just "doing fine in grineer SP", but instead it is "doing fast in grineer SP".

Like here I was using Kuva Tonkor so maybe I am not really in the right place to talk about guns here.

And let me tell you, winning in warframe is of course easy. After I hit MR10 I never failed a mission in solo (I'm MR30 now). Of course you DON'T need meta weapons to win, but people's objectives aren't just "winning", is to do it efficiently, hence meta is formed. Nerfing such meta and indirectly lower the power level isn't... right.

1 hour ago, ghoti0315 said:

Of course if you are saying "killing grineer just fine" you could like use a lot of weapons there, but which of them is more efficient? Kuva Shildeg or Kronen Prime? (I don't use both of them, I use prisma skana or dual raza)

My main point out there is that, people tend to use the most efficient way to deal with things like the SP, and I know that a lot of people use Kuva Bramma with HM, Kuva Nukor, etc etc. Here I severely doubt that your so-called "half-arsed" arca plasmor could do better than those two weapons. And now there is the question, if you are to kill people as fast as possible, which weapon will you pick? I am being sure that at least 50% of the population would choose kuva bramma because it has higher crits (means more HM slash procs), more AoE range and maybe more damage and better damage type.

Here I am not even denying Arca Plasmor, of course if you said it could kill people well, then it could. However people's consideration isn't just "doing fine in grineer SP", but instead it is "doing fast in grineer SP".

Like here I was using Kuva Tonkor so maybe I am not really in the right place to talk about guns here.

And let me tell you, winning in warframe is of course easy. After I hit MR10 I never failed a mission in solo (I'm MR30 now). Of course you DON'T need meta weapons to win, but people's objectives aren't just "winning", is to do it efficiently, hence meta is formed. Nerfing such meta and indirectly lower the power level isn't... right.

My dude, efficiency will ALWAYS be preferred in EVERY situation across large sample groups in ANY area.... game or otherwise.  That's just how "efficiency" works.  

People will ALWAYS use a hammer to hammer a nail.  They can use a screwdriver's handle, they can use a block of wood or metal, they can use whatever works,.... but they'll always tend towards what's most EFFICIENT.

That doesn't make a hammer flawed... nor does it mean there is any issue with a toolkit, that there is a tool for every job.

So, yes, you CAN use "better" weapons to kill "faster", but why does that matter in a discussion about whether or not the melee nerfs are "too harsh"?  

We can argue all day about a sword that does 1,000,000 damage, and a hammer that does 10,000,000 damage...  But when the enemy only HAS 10,000 HP, IT DOESN'T MATTER - They're BOTH overkill xD  

I would suggest that if a player's soul focus is ending the gameplay as soon and as quickly as possible... that perhaps they don't actually ENJOY the gameplay, and should try other games.

I enjoy running the missions.  I don't care if it takes me 2 hits or 1 to kill a grineer. I'm not obsessed with such minute details.  They're irrelevant and completely miss the point.

The point of this update was NOT to preserve your speedrun records.

6 hours ago, ghoti0315 said:

Efficiency is in your head.....you made it up.....

Does DE release everything in the game to cater to efficient players? Yes or no? Otherwise they wouldn't have released half the weapons and frames they have. Just because you only need 2 weapons and 2 frames in the game doesn't mean that's what the game is about....it means that's what you personally decided for you, and no one is obligated to appease you.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Efficiency is in your head.....you made it up.....

Does DE release everything in the game to cater to efficient players? Yes or no? Otherwise they wouldn't have released half the weapons and frames they have. Just because you only need 2 weapons and 2 frames in the game doesn't mean that's what the game is about....it means that's what you personally decided for you, and no one is obligated to appease you.

Preach. 

sooner or later people will want DE to give them only frames or weapons that can oneshot from miles away withouth even shooting or casting abilities. 

people are getting lazier and lazier...

Archived