Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is invigoration too OP?

Galuf

I mean... what else is new? DE keep buffing and buffing and make the players ever more overpowered. But is anyone ever grateful for that? Nah, they only see the very minor nerfs to the extreme outliers and say bullcrap like "DE always nerf and never buff".    

Although, this Invigoration thing is... too random. Not something that can be relied upon.  Like right now  I have a +75% efficiency buff to Garuda, which is crazy. That would enable Blind Rage builds that can spam nukes without needing to run Fleeting Expertise or even Streamline. But am I gonna change my build for a random buff? Who's to say that buff is gonna be available again? And do I want to use the 10 Invigoration ticket for Garuda if the buff pops up?  Seems like a lot of work to build around and keep up with this mechanic. Even veteran players with large stockpile of resource might find themselves running empty feeding the Helminth.  

9 hours ago, Krankbert said:

Source?

Right at the top of "random chance invigoration" sits... you guessed it, hydroid and banshee. lol.

It's another example of budget solutions, editing some numbers in notepad, just like with gun mods being copy-pasted abilities... that no one asked for and doesn't solve any of the mechanical or conceptual problems of the game - or any of the things the players asked for.

We'll just move some numbers around.

Literally, the easiest possible work in game development is moving numbers around in notepad. No animations, sound effects etc.

Which naturally applies to rivens too, they are not content, they aren't a solution, they aren't anything. It's a notepad edit. 5000 plat for a guy changing some numbers around in notepad, great.

Pressed some numbers on the keyboard and called it a day, well it worked before didn't it.

Instead of wanting to deal with any of the actual problems, that require you know, like work.

All of my current invigorations are kinda crap, the best one is +300% primary damage on Khora, but I don't know if that's additive or multiplicative, I would have to investigate, and if it's additive that means it's utterly worthless, which it likely is, so I don't bother.

I like it, it's fun to me to wait and see, like you'd do some gardening, but with helminth. I very much like the idea that you can wait for it and get paid for the wait with something permanent, as well as some passing things that may make things more interesting. I was always one for trying out different stuff in this game, because face it, the game accommodates that just as much as it accommodates the Saryn + Ignis bloody idiots who just want "what's best f all else" and usually fast too. 

And smh at some people in this topic... the negativity, the "it's crap pls remove", sigh... DE gives you almost free buffs for random frames, so you would have more incentive to try something else than your beloved meta and old crap, but you can't appreciate it... why? It's a game with diverse frames, a lot of people make the less used frames work too. You don't have to like every frame, but for gods sake try to get out of that Tiny Box Tim once in a year?

1 minute ago, Redfeather75 said:

I guess you didn't see my post. I asked if it was worthwhile because I am not to eager to farm standing anymore.

Yeah I saw that, and I'm still pretty confused after your clarification now.

My question wasn't whether you were tired of ranking standing anymore.

It was why you never bothered to finish ranking up Entrati to begin with? Just curious why you made that choice... 

vor 44 Minuten schrieb Kripnex:

All of my current invigorations are kinda crap, the best one is +300% primary damage on Khora, but I don't know if that's additive or multiplicative, I would have to investigate, and if it's additive that means it's utterly worthless, which it likely is, so I don't bother.

It's hardly "utterly worthless" on anything but Chroma. This just goes to show that there's always some greedy bastard who can't get enough.

28 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

It was why you never bothered to finish ranking up Entrati to begin with?

For me it was because I traded a Riven for a Cedo set and that was the last thing I honestly wanted from them.

Maxed the Necraloid faction though, I love me some mechs (even if they're a pain in the &$^ to level).

Bro your talking to a community where 75% enjoy afk macros, to room clearing, to all about biggest numbers.

I agree with you but 75% are just trolls when it comes to any rebalancing. And if you try to give options, Im sure you already know their response: either play solo or play a different game. These are actually the ones who invest tons of money on rivens and cry once DE changes the dispo.

20 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

It's hardly "utterly worthless" on anything but Chroma. This just goes to show that there's always some greedy bastard who can't get enough.

165+155+360 = 680% (Heavy cal + serration + merciless)

300/680*100 = 44% actual damage increase to primary weapons.

That is equivalent to Rhino's roar at 88 ability strength, and it gets worse if you use a riven, like I said, utterly worthless, there is no "mid ground" because if I want to boost primary damage I will use a damage buffing frame, not Khora, so it's either useful or it's crap, so shush.

I ended up with 200% crit 75% energy efficiency on Revenant and on his damage augment and its sweet sweet sister "over Killing"

Its making some beautiful numbers on the Tenant Envoy but its all so much over kill I can not really call it "OP" as that monster is killing all the same

1 hour ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Yeah I saw that, and I'm still pretty confused after your clarification now.

My question wasn't whether you were tired of ranking standing anymore.

It was why you never bothered to finish ranking up Entrati to begin with? Just curious why you made that choice... 

The words "just curious", is a lazy cop out for trolling. You need to figure out more elegant ways of "fishing".

Just now, Redfeather75 said:

The words "just curious", is a lazy cop out for trolling. You need to figure out more elegant ways of "fishing".

Calling someone a troll is just a lazy cop out for not answering a valid question lmao. 

I don't care if you answer though, I am really just curious, but now I'm not anymore, because you clearly have no interest in a discussion about this. So have a nice day. You could have just not answered or said "I don't feel like explaining myself". 

il y a 43 minutes, Monolake a dit :

Wow this is really OP

CVMuCiF.png

Yes because you can't read. You unlock pretty fast the ability to choose wich frame gets the buff, it has been explained on different instead, I even edited the topic. But hence you apparently can't read and no "influencer" has made Youtube content with this, you are clueless as f. I mean you even went out of your way putting an image containing the feature unlock... How more mediocre than that can you be?

On 2021-07-11 at 12:07 AM, Galuf said:

Edit because people speak with things they don't interact with it seems

1) You can choose wich frame gets the buff in 4 days if you have almost all the frames to put buff on(it's 10 buffs to place so 4 resets total if you do 3 3 3 1 but it can also be 2 2 3 3)

2) It's 7 week duration and 3 new options every 24h

3) yesterday got 100% powerstrengh + 1K hp, a buff with 200% melee crit chance and something else that was nice(don't recall) and another with 75% efficiency and primary multishot. Don't tell me it's weak because it is not weak at all. It's always more than 2 stapple mods worth of stuff

Post in the title. I got back in the game to test the new features and after installing the new Segment I have been baffled by the buffs. The fact that it can be spread to other frames and the numbers make me wonder a lot. This is some intense power creep there, the most we had since a very long time actually.

It refreshes the day after you invigorate a frame? Like you have 3 Frames to invigorate on Monday, and then after 24 hours you get 3 new frames to invigorate? Because that's not what they described in the announcement.

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Kripnex:

165+155+360 = 680% (Heavy cal + serration + merciless)

300/680*100 = 44% actual damage increase to primary weapons.

That is equivalent to Rhino's roar at 88 ability strength, and it gets worse if you use a riven, like I said, utterly worthless, there is no "mid ground" because if I want to boost primary damage I will use a damage buffing frame, not Khora, so it's either useful or it's crap, so shush.

This reminds me of the original Helminth discussion where people also were downplaying abilities by fantasizing about an imaginary Rhino that was following around.

16 hours ago, Zi-of-Jinx said:

I like it, it's fun to me to wait and see, like you'd do some gardening, but with helminth. I very much like the idea that you can wait for it and get paid for the wait with something permanent, as well as some passing things that may make things more interesting. I was always one for trying out different stuff in this game, because face it, the game accommodates that just as much as it accommodates the Saryn + Ignis bloody idiots who just want "what's best f all else" and usually fast too. 

And smh at some people in this topic... the negativity, the "it's crap pls remove", sigh... DE gives you almost free buffs for random frames, so you would have more incentive to try something else than your beloved meta and old crap, but you can't appreciate it... why? It's a game with diverse frames, a lot of people make the less used frames work too. You don't have to like every frame, but for gods sake try to get out of that Tiny Box Tim once in a year?

I agree. It’s a simple way to play with your Warframes who get the weekly buff. Some will try and use it for special missions or situations that may annoy others… but I don’t care if they have a problem with me or I see the buffs being used by someone else in a group mission. I’m always happy to see other Tenno outperforming me. At least they are moving things along and not being lazy. 

1 hour ago, Galuf said:

Yes because you can't read. You unlock pretty fast the ability to choose wich frame gets the buff, it has been explained on different instead, I even edited the topic. But hence you apparently can't read and no "influencer" has made Youtube content with this, you are clueless as f. I mean you even went out of your way putting an image containing the feature unlock... How more mediocre than that can you be?

it was a joke lmao, get some chills, I know the other buffs are pretty broken

Archived