Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross-Play & Cross-Save Megathread - The Soonening(TM)/Public Test Edition

Letter13

Just now, (PSN)ESYLD said:

Someone somewhere on console pays for platinum with real money, you know? 🙄

Yes, that is the person who buys my sculptures and syndicate items on PS4.

On PC, did you know that you can get 75% coupons? But the coupons are only good for spending cash on plat. I bought 50$ of plat for less than 10$. Why would I ever want to buy plat on consoles if I had a choice?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

Yes, that is the person who buys my sculptures and syndicate items on PS4.

On PC, did you know that you can get 75% coupons? But the coupons are only good for spending cash on plat. I bought 50$ of plat for less than 10$. Why would I ever want to buy plat on consoles if I had a choice?

Platinum will most likely be locked to the console it is purchased on.  If I buy platinum on PC, I will probably not be able to transfer that to my PlayStation account to buy TennoGen, trade, etc.  Just look at Destiny and how they have implemented Silver transactions when Cross Saving.  Even if paying cash via Steam, it costs less than purchasing TennoGen with Platinum on console.

Edited by (PSN)ESYLD
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, (PSN)ESYLD said:

Platinum will most likely be locked to the console it is purchased on.  If I buy platinum on PC, I will probably not be able to transfer that to my PlayStation account to buy TennoGen, trade, etc.  Just look at Destiny and how they have implemented Silver transactions when Cross Saving.  Even if paying cash via Steam, it costs less than purchasing TennoGen with Platinum on console.

Really? When I did the math, it was the other way around. I'll look at it again when I have a night's sleep and a morning's coffee. If you're right, I'll need to be less tight-fisted when dealing with Steam.

what will happen to all these day 1 hotfixes and etc that we have on pc every update?
should we say bye bye to it and wait for few weeks/month to fix bugs because of console plebs?
or DE discovered how to release proper update with almost no bugs?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LillyRaccune said:

Meep! I hope you are wrong. But it sounds like something they would do.

I'm pretty sure they legally can't. Would very likely break the deal they make to sell stuff on console anyways.

Edited by Atsia

I'd like to reply to this thread with a plea to DE: please let us opt out!

Hear me out: first of all, yes, updates will slow down for most people.  It'll be most noticeable for PC players, but essentially the entire patch/update process will be held hostage by the slowest of the platform certifications.  In order to have cross-play, everyone has to have a similar patch level.  That way I don't have an item that your system doesn't have the assets for yet (like a new weapon or warframe), and nobody is writing data to a save file that one or more of the platforms can't yet understand.  To make this happen, all updates need to come out at the same time.  In order for an update to come out on a console, it has to go through that console's certification process.  That process can take anywhere from a couple of days to weeks, depending on circumstances.  All it takes is one console to be having issues with certifying a patch, and every platform has to wait longer for it.

What's more, PC has for years now been an unofficial (ok, sort of official) beta test for the consoles.  Hotfixes can get pushed out to PC as soon as they're done, and as bugs come up they can be squashed.  That actually means a better experience for the consoles, as there are going to be a lot of buggy features that get fixed in the PC version before they can come out on console.  If for no other reason, this alone should make console users (and DE) want to keep this pool of testers in some form.

Lastly, I quite frankly do not want to cross-play with mobile players.  I'm not saying this out of elitism; I think that if the mobile version is made well there might be some very good mobile players out there.  But playing a mobile game is far different than playing on an Xbox or PS, for example.  People aren't playing in the car, or just sitting in class waiting for it to start and ready to turn off the device at a moment's notice all the time.  What's more, we know the hardware on the consoles and the builds can be optimized for that hardware.  While some phones have more powerful SoCs than a Switch, many don't.  How would you like to get matched with three players using ancient phones running Android Kitkat?  The best we can do right now is try to turn down the ping threshold of our matchmaking, but ping doesn't tell the whole story.  You could be matched with three Kitkats who happen to be connected to a tower near you (or near a trunk line).

TL;DR:  There are a lot of potential problems with implementing cross-play/cross-save, and benefits to having a pool of people who have opted out of it.  Please let us choose not to cross-play/cross-save.  I'd choose that even if it's a one time, permanent, no-going-back decision.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, (PSN)ghost-sniper132 said:

So how are updates goign to work? Is DE commiting to simultaneous releases?

Or is PC getting the updates first as usual and in the meantime cross-play/save will be disabled untill everyone has the same game version again?

They will have to continue to launch on all platforms at the same time, other wise yeah cross-play/save would be disabled until everything was brought back in line and that would be a crap fest, it will be bad enough that PC hosts will get hotfix's that force the consoles to have to end missions every 20min after a update and then PC players will have to deal with the bugs that have yet to be fixed on the consoles when they are hosting.

Edited by minininja77

Il y a 1 heure, (NSW)DreTheSage a dit :

Is the “Switch Profile” option normally on Xbox? If not then this must be a crossplay/crosssave feature

E6kFhI0XEAQLCfD?format=jpg&name=small

Nearly every game on xbox has this feature because you can switch to other accounts easily. As far as I know It has always been on there. They said the feature is in development and anything you seen last night would have been dev builds of the game on dev consoles which are much different to the ones we own.

• Like 1

While I like the idea of a merged multiplayer experience, its disappointing that PC updates will be chained to console cert times.

I'm also curious how consoles will react to the extra launch bugs that PC usually has to iron out first.

• Like 3

il y a une heure, (PSN)ghost-sniper132 a dit :

So how are updates goign to work? Is DE commiting to simultaneous releases?

Or is PC getting the updates first as usual and in the meantime cross-play/save will be disabled untill everyone has the same game version again?

Yeah console has slowly been catching up and hopefully by the time this new quest is out they will have all platforms synced but I am sure there will still be unique features etc that go with your platform. Skins and marketplace etc.

il y a 1 minute, Deminisis a dit :

While I like the idea of a merged multiplayer experience, its disappointing that PC updates will be chained to console cert times.

I'm also curious how consoles will react to the extra launch bugs that PC usually has to iron out first.

I have played on xbox since launch until about a month ago, it usually takes no more than 3 days for Microsoft to cert an update. It will probably take a little longer for updates to roll out but not that much. Also console players have had plenty of bugs on warframe and are not unfamiliar with bugs :).

• Like 3

hace 7 horas, Atsia dijo:

I really want to know how plat and Tennogen is gonna work given the different economies between PC and Consoles.

If I can buy tennogen with plat on PC.... im gonna be the happiest guy on Earth.... tons of plat that i did not spend, for a Tennogen Mag, which can be so awesome. 

• Like 2

A simple quesiton: what is going to happen with PC's Tennogen once Crossplay update is out? They will get into trouble if they cancel the real money payment for them on both sides, as PC players could ask console players to buy them Tennogen in exchange for goods, and into legal trouble on the side of Steam.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lalaef said:

A simple quesiton: what is going to happen with PC's Tennogen once Crossplay update is out? They will get into trouble if they cancel the real money payment for them on both sides, as PC players could ask console players to buy them Tennogen in exchange for goods, and into legal trouble on the side of Steam.

I use stand alone version of warframe
I can see tennogen skins other players have which i cant buy
Which they did buy trough steam version of warframe
Yet if someone did buy in steam and switched to stand alone warframe version they still have the skin

And that 2 versions coexist 

Now what is your question about again?

Other thing is 

TRADING FOR PROMISES

Few scams will happen and i think it will lead into quick end of story there

• Like 2

I wonder what does this mean for people who has multiple accounts... I have an Xbox account with an ungodly amount of hours that I haven't touched in ages. Since I couldn't migrate it to pc, I had to start up a new account on pc with around 150 hours and just getting to the point where I can start farming for what I used to consider as the "core builds" in the game. 

Without the details on cross play / save. It is very difficult for people like me to decide which platform to play on in the meanwhile and whether to play at all, to minimize time wasted in terms of progression etc. They need to answer a lot of questions, like account merging and trading.

If there is no account merging, I can't speak for others, but I will definitely feel a bit like they are punishing players who are willing to start from scratch, just to play more. I know it's not their fault if merging is not a thing, just a lot of extra work and some technical issues etc. It doesn't help that people like us are probably a very small minority of the community.

Then we need to discuss issues like trading. Like, is cross platform trading going to be a thing? And if it is not going to be a thing for ever, could there be a limited time event post the cross play / save update that allow us to cross trade (so we can at least mitigate some of our losses by transferring as much as we can into our "main" accounts)?

Is there going to be specific restrictions on certain items like platinum?

If trading is going to be platform locked, could we designate a "main platform" for our account (having enjoyed the pc trade market for a bit, can't imagine going back to the xbox markets >.<)?

Would we have a grace period for a week / month time post the cross play / save update for trading / transferring stuffs between accounts (something along the lines of no / increased daily trade limit and no / decreased trading tax - don't want to be running Index for weeks straight)?

If there is going to be account merging, what format would this take place in? Since we are a minority of the community, might make sense to have like a registration / support queue and merge accounts by request on a case by case basis. Or would there be a more uniform system put in place.

What parts of the accounts are "merging"? Somethings like syndicate standing obviously can't merge, but what about quest progression, resources, factions like the Quills where you can unlock everything eventually, our arsenal, mastery progressions, focus, etc.?

If we are able to merge our arsenals, do we have to pay platinum (again) to get those slots on the "main account" receiving the warframes / weapons etc.?

I am definitely delighted with the news regardless when this is coming out. But after clearing my head a bit, I am also very concerned with what exactly, is coming out. Don't know what to feel now🤣, just want them to clarify soon.

• Like 5

Consoles regularly get hot fixes, that’s not an issue, only major updates/changes  need to go through cert. as long as DE stay on top of their QC major bugs shouldn’t be an issue and PC players will benefit too with smoother updates. Of course this will upset the few who love to play the martyr 😉

PC is just one of 4 platforms now, soon to   Be 5. I’m unsure if DE release numbers but console players may already outnumber PC players(?) and the PC percentage is only going to decrease once the game hits mobile. The days of PC getting everything first and the rest of the player base having to wait and avoid social media for a month to stop spoilers is probably ending if not already ended.

• Like 3