Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You don't like those friendship door? How about repurposing them?

Seeing how the friendship door being a speed bump with little to no meaning, I'm planning to repurpose the door as something else

1. No more on main path, means no more waiting for a teammate just to open it

2. Now the gate is used as loot door, giving those who want to spend a bit of their time exploring some nice items such as :

- resource canisters (orokin cell, neural sensors, etc)

- giant resource cluster (bigger in size, takes more hits to break and drop a lot on every hit)

- Maybe, crates containing special items such as kuva

Now, the evil part

Can't be opened solo, must activate two panels at the same time with no compensation for solo so better go with someone or don't bother

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJjCIRODsydY_O7EzYa2f

24 minutes ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

Can't be opened solo, must activate two panels at the same time with no compensation for solo so better go with someone or don't bother

I can go with this if any door, no matter what it is, doesn't open if you're in a group.

... Gotta balance it out for both ends, since people can go either Solo or in a group...

I think special Warframe skills should be adjusted to fit the need of the friendship door.

For example ,wukong and his clone can operate at the same time to open it,or the Operator and his/her Excalibur Umbra working together to open it.

If crews can be used to help us to open such doors ,it would be fine too.

5 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Nah, let's just leave them as they are. I think they are fine and are doing what they are supposed to do, prevent frames like wukong from blitzing all the way to the end in a pub. It's a catch up mechanic.

I agree with this in so far as the rest of the squad is actually heading to the door and are just slower to get there. I'm no so fond of the doors when my teammates have decided that every box and locker should be searched and every enemy killed. I don't really care if they box break but I do care that I'm stuck at the door waiting.

I agree that there's no reason to get rid of friendship doors, they just need some tweaks.  Like maybe two players do a kiss to open the door?  And maybe the more players that kiss the faster the door opens?  This would also probably build more friendship than just pressing buttons.

So if I, a player who avoids playing multiplayer like the plague, see one I am robbed of any loot in there, I hate the fact I’m saying this, but this door would be better used the way it is. I will admit it is hard to figure out a way to repurpose this door, so I won’t fault DE for something like this considering the alternative is letting the wukong on my team simply speedrunning capture missions while Im just loading in. 

51 minutes ago, KosmicKerman said:

I agree with this in so far as the rest of the squad is actually heading to the door and are just slower to get there. I'm no so fond of the doors when my teammates have decided that every box and locker should be searched and every enemy killed. I don't really care if they box break but I do care that I'm stuck at the door waiting.

This sounds more like an earlier game issue though. I mean, I haven't been around the early solar chart much in a long time, but in my past experiences, it was rare to have more than one of the squad in a pub running around trying to open everything even when it was all noobs, as even most noobs quickly realize that isn't that efficient a way to play. 

The only solution I could see for something like that, is a mechanic that automatically allows one person to open the friendship door if the other three players are at least in the general vicinity and a certain amount of seconds has passed, as the whole point is to let people catch up, not draw out the mission artificially and force others to slow down. 

18 minutes ago, Captain_Rocket505 said:

So if I, a player who avoids playing multiplayer like the plague, see one I am robbed of any loot in there, I hate the fact I’m saying this, but this door would be better used the way it is. I will admit it is hard to figure out a way to repurpose this door, so I won’t fault DE for something like this considering the alternative is letting the wukong on my team simply speedrunning capture missions while Im just loading in. 

Indeed. Back when they designed the doors they were thinking of Volt, but now Wukong and Titania can make it even sillier. They are quite literally so quick at traversing the map, as well as a proper Nova who knows a tileset well, that someone with a slower connection could be basically still near the start of the map on a cap, and the Wukong is sitting at the end waiting like a pompous jerk. 

I would prefer the option of allowing the player who reach the door first to hack the panel to open it (and can not use cipher on it) then the hacked door have 35% chance to to buff the other players sprint speed by 200% when they walk through it. If other player reach the door and active it while the hack still happen, the door open as usual and the hack "success" immediately.

The friendship door main function is to make the players keep pace with each other, it should hinder whoever reach them first, not rewarding them with further loot. Having the door hack-able keep the hindering and potentially still help the other player catching up when the first guy hack. The bonus sprint speed then help whoever still not catching up

On 2021-08-03 at 3:06 AM, Captain_Rocket505 said:

Or I can use this one

On 2021-08-03 at 10:44 AM, BloodKitten said:

friendship door solo should requier a key card to bypass solo, only fair.

But not one key card, two keycards and dropped from certain enemy

19 hours ago, FireSegment said:

I would prefer the option of allowing the player who reach the door first to hack the panel to open it (and can not use cipher on it) then the hacked door have 35% chance to to buff the other players sprint speed by 200% when they walk through it. If other player reach the door and active it while the hack still happen, the door open as usual and the hack "success" immediately.

The friendship door main function is to make the players keep pace with each other, it should hinder whoever reach them first, not rewarding them with further loot. Having the door hack-able keep the hindering and potentially still help the other player catching up when the first guy hack. The bonus sprint speed then help whoever still not catching up

Seeing how having sudden 200% sprint speed makes it easier for someone to bump into every wall and obstacle like that high strength Volt speed buff, I prefer not to do that

Also, it's not rewarding them with further loot. The path from start to extraction is no longer obstructed with that friendship door, but the sweet loot is now placed off the path so if those wukongs want to fly to extraction, go ahead but they're missing a lot of sweet loot (who knows, maybe 6k kuva is sitting in a room, at that turn those wukongs ignore) so good loot for explorers, and none for those rushers

On 2021-08-03 at 2:33 AM, (PSN)Unstar said:

I agree that there's no reason to get rid of friendship doors, they just need some tweaks.  Like maybe two players do a kiss to open the door?  And maybe the more players that kiss the faster the door opens?  This would also probably build more friendship than just pressing buttons.

CetIVNd.png

Should just reuse the extraction mechanic, where the first arrival at the door starts a timer.  If everyone reaches the door before the timer the door opens, if not the maximum wait will be the timer and the door will open anyway.

Could also add incentives to the door mechanic, everyone in range of the door when it opens could receive a buff for the rest of the mission, could be a loot multiplier or damage or whatever, buff could scale with number of people near the door.

Personally I think outright removal is the best idea.  

Especially now with crossplay it's gross.  I have PS5 and load in and reach one of these doors before my PS4 allies are even loaded in, yet because the game has already added them to the lobby I get stuck 1+ minute waiting for them to load but the game thinks they are already in, and so I can't open the door.

The worst part is they usually spawn where I was when they first joined, 300-400m away, so they often have to catch up to the door still even after loading... BIG time waster for NO benefit.   Can't wait to see how that fares once were crossplaying with other networks and consoles entirely 🤮🤮🤮

If crossplay is the future, coop doors have to go, there is no healthy way for them to remain in the game when some players can load in 20 seconds before others.  People aren't just falling behind because other players are faster anymore - they're falling behind because they don't own the latest and greatest gaming consoles - that is objectively terrible and an unfortunate symptom of crossplay - but it exasperates the coop door issue as well, to a degree where I spend 1-2 minutes standing at a door - and no matter how you want to slice and dice it, I do not think that is a fair catch up mechanic to waste that much of my time.   

At some reasonable point, the value of my time needs to supersede slow players wanting to catch up, regardless of reasoning.  

2 hours ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

Seeing how having sudden 200% sprint speed makes it easier for someone to bump into every wall and obstacle like that high strength Volt speed buff, I prefer not to do that

I doubt the buff would make people stuck, i use the 200% number because i happen to have the experience of invigorating my khora with a buff of that number last week, her sprint speed still feel no where as fast as just using normal bullet jump efficiently (though it does feel fun at first) and significantly lower than having a maxed volt buff.

Since the player that need this buff more likely to not bullet jump efficiently, this would just like giving them an extra option to catch up (as u mostly don't benefit from extra sprint speed if you good at bullet jump)

3 hours ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

Also, it's not rewarding them with further loot. The path from start to extraction is no longer obstructed with that friendship door, but the sweet loot is now placed off the path so if those wukongs want to fly to extraction, go ahead but they're missing a lot of sweet loot (who knows, maybe 6k kuva is sitting in a room, at that turn those wukongs ignore) so good loot for explorers, and none for those rushers

Apparently i did misread your proposal, my apologize, however your suggestion make the door not a speed bump at all and turn it into ... rare crate 2.0? err ... sorry but it won't fly, there are  2 reasons:

First, DE won't remove the speed bump if they do remove the door, they would just add a different pacing mechanic, since said mechanic have an actual purpose that you did not discuss or make an argument of why to remove them (most people in the thread so far provide whining sure, but none discuss why)

Second, a crate-like cooperative mechanic was already have many iteration in the game: Lua puzzle and music room, sabotage cache,  ... (most don't have hard-limit as to must not be solo, but all are faster with cooperation) the most "successful" iteration of this was the Void key sabotage cache back when they give additional prime part for each cache found thus make it the only iteration with evergreen rewards .... then they soundly remove it and never do similar thing to exploration-base gameplay reward again. Your suggestion, for it to work, basically argue that evergreen reward allowed to return to discoverable crate around the map with extra unlocking method, i doubt anyone from the player side can provide good argument for trying to make DE change their mind about loot chance.

15 hours ago, FireSegment said:

I doubt the buff would make people stuck, i use the 200% number because i happen to have the experience of invigorating my khora with a buff of that number last week, her sprint speed still feel no where as fast as just using normal bullet jump efficiently (though it does feel fun at first) and significantly lower than having a maxed volt buff.

Since the player that need this buff more likely to not bullet jump efficiently, this would just like giving them an extra option to catch up (as u mostly don't benefit from extra sprint speed if you good at bullet jump)

And what would be the reason behind this though? What makes hacking the door suddenly able to buff your teammates sprint speed?

15 hours ago, FireSegment said:

Second, a crate-like cooperative mechanic was already have many iteration in the game: Lua puzzle and music room, sabotage cache,  ... (most don't have hard-limit as to must not be solo, but all are faster with cooperation) the most "successful" iteration of this was the Void key sabotage cache back when they give additional prime part for each cache found thus make it the only iteration with evergreen rewards .... then they soundly remove it and never do similar thing to exploration-base gameplay reward again. Your suggestion, for it to work, basically argue that evergreen reward allowed to return to discoverable crate around the map with extra unlocking method, i doubt anyone from the player side can provide good argument for trying to make DE change their mind about loot chance.

My view on additional prime part for each cache found means easier way of hoarding prime parts, which is I believe making the market price going down with massive amount of supply. I'm trying not to have my rewards having any effect on market so something highly coveted like kuva canisters in kuva fortress, or massive amount of resources on earth or any planet on star chart would help a bit when you need them but not to the point of dropping market price like prime parts

Archived