Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Single Target weapons

(NSW)DeadlyJuniper

I can’t be the only one who thinks that single target weapons dont really compete with aoe weapons I think the devs should add a universal mod that works like the Sobeks acid shells but it just feels easier to use aoe weapons that can wipe a room in one shot rather than a single target weapon that has to target enemies one at a time any thoughts?

3 minutes ago, (NSW)DeadlyJuniper said:

I can’t be the only one who thinks that single target weapons dont really compete with aoe weapons I think the devs should add a universal mod that works like the Sobeks acid shells but it just feels easier to use aoe weapons that can wipe a room in one shot rather than a single target weapon that has to target enemies one at a time any thoughts?

Watch out what you wish for

IF we get that kind of mod i bet it will sacrifice damage output

And aoe wont be worth it

And in the end i would opt in for mod with HUGE spread+damage bonus so we spray bullets instead of making our bullets blow up on impact (to avoid stagger)

18 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

Watch out what you wish for

IF we get that kind of mod i bet it will sacrifice damage output

And aoe wont be worth it

And in the end i would opt in for mod with HUGE spread+damage bonus so we spray bullets instead of making our bullets blow up on impact (to avoid stagger)

Wow...someone actually realizes that there's a price to every silly suggestion. 

Good job for being a logical person. 

One problem is having no concept for the game, gameplay and weapons balance, another one is selling flavor of the month weapons that have to keep getting better.

How about a weapon with unlimited ammo!?!?111

Already grinded content is dead content MR trash, worst case scenario we can throw some nerfs around to make you grind new weapons.

My thoughts are that AOE weapons shouldn't have the raw damage output they currently do. Adding AOE onto everything doesn't solve the issue and just continues to deepen the pit of bad design and powercreep the game is stuck in.

There are weapons that cover both aoe and single target with alternate fire modes. I'd like to see more weapons that utilise that, but I personally like using single target weapons because it's satisfying to try and push for headshots, a higher accuracy and switching targets quicker. So I probably wouldn't use a mod like that too much. But I don't really see a problem with a mod like that being added considering we have similar capabilities with helminths marked for death ability, but I'd say it would probably have to come with a damage reduction if it's a mod and be considerably less effective than marked for death. 

We could potentially expand the power of single-target weapons by improving headshot multipliers, assigning additional weak points with their own multipliers, adding various debuffs to these weak points & also buffing punch-through. Maybe we could even have various ammo types.

Single-target weapons just don't do enough. Not only do they lack oomph, they also lack strategic value. The Nox might be a gimmick, but I believe we can expand upon that concept more to make enemy engagements more organic. I almost always try to aim for the head when using these weapons, but if that's all I'm doing, then I'm extremely limited in utility. Aside from straight-up buffs, which DE REFUSED to do, that's all I can think of. Then again, the Plexus modding system has never been used for our weaponry for whatever reason.

I know I'm spit-balling, but what else can I do at this point?

1 hour ago, (NSW)DeadlyJuniper said:

Agree. I think all single target weapons should have much higher punch through that can also pop nullifier bobbles instantly. If this idea get implemented, players will need to think about using AOE that can’t pop bobbles quickly or using a single target weapon that does this job well and fast. 

2 hours ago, (NSW)DeadlyJuniper said:

AKA making SINGLE TARGET weapons AoE... No.

DE should bring back self damage or remove Prime Sure Footed from the game. Because this community thought it was a really good idea remove the only thing that kept AoE spam in check, and DE was really "smart" adding a mod that completly bypasses the single thing that keep AoE weapons from being used like shotguns.

Or add enemies that require precision shots and are immune to explosions or AoE damage in general.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)ReadingFire229 said:

Remove seeker and add punch through to all single target weapons 

Punch through wouldn't do S#&$. My Latron Prime with riven and double tap does 5m per shot. Doesn't matter the damage, I can only kill 1 per shot. With PT I can kill 2 or 3 per shot to a max of 55 max and only if I reduce my speed to line up the shots or if I camp corridors.

One grenade bounce of a single grenade of my Trumna kill more than 55 easily. And it shoots 5 grenades that bounce like 4 times each.

38 minutes ago, (PSN)IndianChiefJeff said:

We could potentially expand the power of single-target weapons by improving headshot multipliers, assigning additional weak points with their own multipliers, adding various debuffs to these weak points & also buffing punch-through. Maybe we could even have various ammo types.

Single-target weapons just don't do enough. Not only do they lack oomph, they also lack strategic value. The Nox might be a gimmick, but I believe we can expand upon that concept more to make enemy engagements more organic. I almost always try to aim for the head when using these weapons, but if that's all I'm doing, then I'm extremely limited in utility. Aside from straight-up buffs, which DE REFUSED to do, that's all I can think of. Then again, the Plexus modding system has never been used for our weaponry for whatever reason.

I know I'm spit-balling, but what else can I do at this point?

I have a Latron Prime that deals 5m damage per shot. Believe me, damage is not the fcking problem. And killing 2 or 3 enemies with Punch Through will never be enough if I can use my Trumna that kills 50+ enemies with one grenade bounce.

New enemies like the Nox is the only thing DE can do without nerfing AoE weapons.

innate punchthrough is about the bets you could hope for: it wouldn't be right IMO to make every gun an AoE, and a mod will just further mess up people's builds. maybe it could be made so that adding elements to bullets/projectiles gives them a small AoE of that element: this way, status weapons will be boosted, while crit-only Hitscan guns will still have their own way of dealing with enemies, and will still be perfect for when purely single-target damage is needed, such as with certain bosses etc.

Pushing this game more into a brainless AoE fiesta is honestly just going to make it even more boring. I don't why it's so hard to accept that one class is less practical than the other when most enemies spawn as trash-tier enemies. The dynamic of the game has always included AoE, and DE needs to focus on balancing better than just allowing AoE to become a bigger part of the core experience.

Not everything needs to be the same. Some loadouts can make the game more difficult - Warframe doesn't have a difficulty slider, but you can do it yourself by using different loadouts.

I don't usually play Warframe with the goal of farming quickly - I just want to have fun. So I go out with my Daikyu. So it's slow, so what? I don't care, I just wanna get some headshots and jump around like a maniac. So, saying that single target weapons are not good for farming quickly is not really identifying a problem, it's just describing an attribute. There are a lot of guns that are great for fast farming. There are other guns that are just fun. Both are valid. Not everything needs to be the best thing for farming.

Besides, DE has already done what you describe with Marked for Death, which is designed to apply single target damage to a larger area. I think this is a good solution since it requires a bit of thinking to execute which will appeal to those who like to get headshots.

3 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Or you could just use common sense and realize a single projectile is used for different situations.

Are we really expecting every single, single target to be turned into aoe? I really want to know if you're that irrational....

what you mean Sniper bullets don't break into 10 pieces and kill everyone at once in real life?.... I'm shocked.

I would go in the opposite direction and suggest adding one of two things:

1) DR from AOE damage to enemies (with specific armor/shields)

2) Need LoS (from point of impact) to do damage and remove infinite punch through in blast area or include a follow through like melee.

Archived