Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will the game end after new war?

6Aegis9

i was wondering whether the game will end after new war or not, i mean it doesn't make sense for it to do but some of my friends have been telling me that the new war will be the last update and the game will stop receiving updates after that which made me kinda depressed, can someone tell me if this is true or not?

8 hours ago, 6Aegis9 said:

i was wondering whether the game will end after new war or not, i mean it doesn't make sense for it to do but some of my friends have been telling me that the new war will be the last update and the game will stop receiving updates after that which made me kinda depressed, can someone tell me if this is true or not?

If your friend told you that game will end after new war and you should give him all your plat would u believe?
Cause if so then yes and please add me to your friend list because i can tell you when exactly it ends

Anyway that would be great strategy cause they announced cross play + cross save few weeks ago and they would close game after new war?
Logic?

Your friends are mistaken. Warframe is not going anywhere. There is just a lot of excitement because The New War was originally expected to arrive in 2019. The nature of it is not just a new quest, but will introduce a new game mode and new characters.

This is The New War after all, and "war never ends".

Video Games Fallout GIF

The New War is when Warframe truly begins. 

Don't think for a moment The New War finale will be the end of the sentient invasion. Far from it, I expect it will be the beginning of a more permanent sentient faction presence in the sol system, and future story will probably have us go to Tau to face them on their turf and take the fight to the enemy. It's the Tenno way. 

The end of service? No.

The end of DE making big epic storyline quests? Possible, considering the development hell of New War, but there's still Duviri, so maybe after that.

I don't mind Warframe returning to the old smaller event quests if it means we're getting more consistent updates, the long gaps of nothing between big ambitious content were one of the reason people keep screaming content drought, then when the updates dropped its usually full of bugs and horrendously balanced dampening the excitement people had for them.

19 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

Your friends are mistaken. Warframe is not going anywhere. There is just a lot of excitement because The New War was originally expected to arrive in 2019. The nature of it is not just a new quest, but will introduce a new game mode and new characters.

Video Games Fallout GIF

remember the lotus? yeah that one person who like disappeared 4 years ago?

what happened to that scamp?

Just now, (PSN)Tomplexthis said:

remember the lotus? yeah that one person who like disappeared 4 years ago?

what happened to that scamp?

At this point I think the Lotus is more of a macguffin plot device than an actual character. Does she even exist, maybe we don't exist?

IRL I think she opened her opened her Consignment Inbox 4 years ago and died under the weight of it all. DE has just been using a stunt double ever since then.

Captain Kirk Sigh GIF by Star Trek

1 minute ago, LillyRaccune said:

At this point I think the Lotus is more of a macguffin plot device than an actual character. Does she even exist, maybe we don't exist?

IRL I think she opened her opened her Consignment Inbox 4 years ago and died under the weight of it all. DE has just been using a stunt double ever since then.

there is so much i wish that Warframe would do. mainly, restructure and redefine all its lore, and add lore to every warframe.

retool all the older quests, to be as decent as the second dream and such quests. 

redo all the old 1 and done bosses, rework tilesets. maybe mess with the old mission designs.

and fix up the dialogue of the Lotus, and Ordis. who have really had no changes in 8 years. 

getting a new weapon, and warframe, is just meh at this point, as the rest of the game smells bad.

the new corpus tilesets looked amazing, but the rest of the older ones look awful in comparison, very dated.

like pluto/nepture/venus/ceres/grineer asteroids/mercury/saturn/eris/the void/corrupted void/earth. all like yo

iam not a content creator like Shy or potato, but i still think it should be looked into. 

most the stuff is like alot of work. but theres the gas city/ corpus reworks that looked good, and yet its dragged down by the bosses.

hyena pack, seargeant, salad v.. eh, vs the Jackal. 

This is why you don't wait half the game's lifetime to deliver on a quest you promised was "coming soon".

It gives off the impression the game is ending, ik very well it is not, i just have no idea what's next for warframe. If i had to guess, probably a bunch of system reworks, refining what the game is, to make it better match up to the new war.

GOnna use this thread to ask something: What do you believe it will be the end of warframe? Do you think they will shut down everything without leaving a trace of this game?

I can't think on a time for the end, but of course it will end someday, everything has an end... I wish they could keep a single player experience at least or providing us tools to keep the game alive in private "servers". It will be very sad for me when this journey ends, I have strong feelings for this game

4 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Are you trying to get OP banned? :( 

Nah, I just thought the conversation sounds exactly like one of those gaming specific "playground arguments" that usually starts or ends with "yeah?? Well my uncle works at nintendo!!"

Since nowadays i have internet and common sense, i haven't heard one of those in years. i really missed those children gaming lies like sexuality in mortal kombat or nude code for tomb raider.

58 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

GOnna use this thread to ask something: What do you believe it will be the end of warframe? Do you think they will shut down everything without leaving a trace of this game?

I can't think on a time for the end, but of course it will end someday, everything has an end... I wish they could keep a single player experience at least or providing us tools to keep the game alive in private "servers". It will be very sad for me when this journey ends, I have strong feelings for this game

I think if it truly ended and they could legally, they probably would let people mess around with the game on private servers at that point. 

But, I think we are getting ahead of ourselves. 

Warframe is a global hundred million+ dollar a year game at least gross, no idea how much is truly net and I'm sure that is proprietary knowledge, but from some sources I've been shown in the past they are certainly pulling in a lot of money and now they have deep funding from Tencent's global machine, and Tencent got to look at the books and saw a stable long term investment. They paid an F ton for Leyou's gaming portfolio and the vast majority of that was DE and their flagship game Warframe. I just don't see them going anywhere in the foreseeable future. Sure, that will happen one day, but imo it's like saying WoW will die one day. A lot of people keep saying it will eventually happen, but it is still alive and trucking. 

1 hour ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I just don't see them going anywhere in the foreseeable future. Sure, that will happen one day, but imo it's like saying WoW will die one day. A lot of people keep saying it will eventually happen, but it is still alive and trucking. 

Yeah I agree with you, I'm sure the game isn't going to die any time soon, but still, will be sad and weird if nothing from it remains besides memories and content on the internet rather than the game itself. Probably hardcore fans would try to keep it alive somehow

1 hour ago, vanaukas said:

Yeah I agree with you, I'm sure the game isn't going to die any time soon, but still, will be sad and weird if nothing from it remains besides memories and content on the internet rather than the game itself. Probably hardcore fans would try to keep it alive somehow

Considering many have successfully datamined Warframe code, I think private servers would almost certainly pop up, and different ones would have different nerfs/buffs/etc. lmao. Some might even have old "versions" of Warframe. And maybe even custom features put in by modders. 

Buuuuut. The question is how many of them would regularly get cease and desists and have to shut down, or use servers in countries where it is easier to dodge those laws, etc. 

I believe with certainty there will be a lot of private servers if that day ever comes. The questioned is whether they will be legally sanctioned. And if DE is still majority owned by a holding company when that happens, the devs may not get to make the decision themselves... I have a bad feeling it wouldn't end up legally sanctioned, but that the devs WOULD want it to be. Just that when that day comes their hands will be tied. If Warframe continues to be successful, Tencent is not going to want to give up their majority holding I would think... 

On 2021-08-29 at 12:18 AM, Tesseract7777 said:

The New War is when Warframe truly begins. 

Don't think for a moment The New War finale will be the end of the sentient invasion. Far from it, I expect it will be the beginning of a more permanent sentient faction presence in the sol system, and future story will probably have us go to Tau to face them on their turf and take the fight to the enemy. It's the Tenno way. 

What if it turns out that Sentients aren't all that evil, only pissed off on Orokin a bit too much, but can be, umm, persuaded to ease up the pressure a little? Like, when they find out that Orokin were molesting people throughout the entire Origin system. Sentients used to be humans, iirc.

On 2021-08-30 at 5:01 AM, LillyRaccune said:

Hah .. you always give me a laugh LillyRaccune!  Thank you thank you thank you.. this world is way to serious and your posts bring a smile to me dial :) 

19 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Considering many have successfully datamined Warframe code, I think private servers would almost certainly pop up, and different ones would have different nerfs/buffs/etc. lmao. Some might even have old "versions" of Warframe. And maybe even custom features put in by modders. 

Buuuuut. The question is how many of them would regularly get cease and desists and have to shut down, or use servers in countries where it is easier to dodge those laws, etc. 

I believe with certainty there will be a lot of private servers if that day ever comes. The questioned is whether they will be legally sanctioned. And if DE is still majority owned by a holding company when that happens, the devs may not get to make the decision themselves... I have a bad feeling it wouldn't end up legally sanctioned, but that the devs WOULD want it to be. Just that when that day comes their hands will be tied. If Warframe continues to be successful, Tencent is not going to want to give up their majority holding I would think... 

Yep u r right Tencent wouldnt give it up .. IF that ever happened WF would just be put on a self and left there .. like other games :(

On 2021-08-28 at 11:14 PM, ZeroX4 said:

If your friend told you that game will end after new war and you should give him all your plat would u believe?
Cause if so then yes and please add me to your friend list because i can tell you when exactly it ends

Anyway that would be great strategy cause they announced cross play + cross save few weeks ago and they would close game after new war?
Logic?

ok i see thanks for reassuring me the

On 2021-08-28 at 11:28 PM, LillyRaccune said:

Video Games Fallout GIF

oki then thanks for the reassurance 

Archived