Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Upcoming Corrections with Regal Aya: Next Steps

[DE]Danielle

6 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

We have started the script for all Platforms! 

To reiterate from the OP,  we are retroactively delivering Platinum to those who had purchased Regal Aya packs prior to the addition we made today! The amounts given are as follows: 

• 3 Regal Aya: 200 Platinum
  • 7 Regal Aya: 400 Platinum
  • 15 Regal Aya: 1200 Platinum

If you purchased multiple packs you will be receiving the total amount of Platinum per pack as you see above. You will be notified via in-game inbox that you have received your Platinum, and the amount that has been deposited into your account (as seen in the example image below!). 

Regal Aya Platinum Script Inbox Message.png

We will let you know once all of the Platforms have completed their script run - it may take some time so we appreciate your patience. 

Thanks Tenno! 

And just like that the script has completed across all Platforms! 

• Like 14

24 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

The best and most consumer-friendly way to handle this would be to sell Prime cosmetics separately for what they would cost if not bundled with anything. Which, in case you're wondering, would be about $4.50 for a major cosmetic (e.g. syandana, armor) and about $2.25 for a minor one (glyph, sugatra). Almost two thirds of the price of a Prime Vault accessory pack was made up by plat that was only included precisely to pad out the price.

Because who cares about transaction cost right?
Also there is no "real" price for what a digital good should cost. It is solely up to DE to decide the price and the consumers to decide if they want to buy at that price. Obviously price expectations made by previous offerings plays a part of the later but there's no "what they would cost if not bundled" because that has never happened before.

Edited by Tombsite

2 minutes ago, Tombsite said:

Because who cares about transaction cost right?
Also there is no "real" price for what a digital good should cost. It is solely up to DE to decide the price and the consumers to decide if they want to buy at that price. Obviously price expectations plays a part of the later but there's no "what they would cost if not bundled" because that has never happened before.

That is the price they decided those items should cost. It's the $20 for a prime accessory pack minus the cost of the plat in that pack, then the remainder divided in a 2:1 ratio between major and minor cosmetics (as per the Resurgence cost of 2 or 1 aya respectively).

• Like 3

hace 1 hora, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim dijo:

Accessories have always been money only, should stay that way

True again, my fellow PSN player, they should stay that way. Why is then, that I can acquire them with Regal Aya?. Regal aya = money; platinum = not money?

Dont get me wrong, I dont want to bring bad vibes to this good news; but Im really looking forward to see this event in the most even way possible for ALL players.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

I see, yeah there is a pretty big increase in price here when it comes to buying a dual pack, the added platinum barely makes them meet in prices. 

15 regal aya should of cost 60 dollars it seems, all the other packs matched up in price. 3 regal aya is 20 dollars like old accessory pack, 7 aya is 40 dollars like individual warframe packs,

But old packs cost 60 and here 15 aya jumped to 80. 

@[DE]Danielle I am sorry to bother you, I was hoping this could be looked at.

2 purchases of 15 regal aya and 1,200 plat gives you 30 regal aya and 2,400 plat. The regal aya is enough to buy you 3 dual prime packs. This would all cost you 160 dollars

Previously, 3 purchases of a dual pack before regal aya was added, would cost you 180 dollars. This allowed the player to not only get 3 packs, but also 3,600 platinum for just 20 dollars more. That extra platinum cost roughly 60 dollars normally

Is it possible the price will be changed somehow, or more platinum can be added?

You could only buy a vault once, so the disparity is less of a concern - which they mentioned in the OP as Regal Aya packs are able to be repurchased.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

That is the price they decided those items should cost. It's the $20 for a prime accessory pack minus the cost of the plat in that pack, then the remainder divided in a 2:1 ratio between major and minor cosmetics (as per the Resurgence cost of 2 or 1 aya respectively).

I can do math. But just because DE decided a price a few years ago does not set it in stone. I haven't done the math but I'm pretty sure all of those items used to cost more when they where part of the Prime Access. Also what if DE said they changed the price to adjust for inflation? Would that be ok? (point being that pricing is never a science or a math problem)

10 minutes ago, Lessiem said:

True again, my fellow PSN player, they should stay that way. Why is then, that I can acquire them with Regal Aya?. Regal aya = money; platinum = not money?

Dont get me wrong, I dont want to bring bad vibes to this good news; but Im really looking forward to see this event in the most even way possible for ALL players.

Platinum is tradeable, cosmetics have been reserved for those willing to spend on the game as appreciation. It's akin excal prime.

It also brings them more money as added benefit

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tombsite said:

I can do math. But just because DE decided a price a few years ago does not set it in stone. I haven't done the math but I'm pretty sure all of those items used to cost more when they where part of the Prime Access. Also what if DE said they changed the price to adjust for inflation? Would that be ok? (point being that pricing is never a science or a math problem)

You're right that the price is not set in stone, as evidenced by the fact that it has effectively been increased. You are, however, wrong otherwise; pricing very much is a math/science problem. Figuring out how much people can be squeezed before reaching their breaking point is something corporations have literally had down to a science for some decades now.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

Platinum is tradeable, cosmetics have been reserved for those willing to spend on the game as appreciation.

What difference does that make? Someone somewhere paid for the plat. Free plat is not tradable.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 4

Never saw any need for this, since it is two different products. Still think the sh*tstorm was driven mostly by greed, stupidity and clickbaiting. 

But kudos to DE for voluntarily bending over and solving everything quickly to the benefit of us all. Taking one for the team => respect! 👍

Getting plat instead of endo is a better deal, of course. Hopefully it will now entice more players to buy Regal Aya, since that will also benefit us all, over time. I have, however, no hope whatsoever for the "always want more"-crowd. They will just find something new to cry and gripe about, they always do.

Edited by Graavarg
  • Like 2

Thank You for this change. this shows you truly listen to feedback, even tho it may be toxic at times. the community team for this game is one of the best out there, i dont know of any other game developer offering daily streams, so again thank you for this change

Edited by (PSN)balski61988
add more context
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

You are, however, wrong otherwise; pricing very much is a math/science problem. Figuring out how much people can be squeezed before reaching their breaking point is something corporations have literally had down to a science for some decades now.

Does that mean I have to hand in my BA in economics now? Man what S#&$ty professors I had since I did not know that.

9 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

What difference does that make? Someone somewhere paid for the plat. Free plat is not tradable

The difference is you didnt. You played the game they made, you didn't give them any money to support them. So you get free worthy content, and content that let's you benefit off someone else. The spenders get something extra, without spenders the game would make no profit thus game death

So we get cosmetics for a small bit of appreciation.

Akin to founders. They also aided in giving the game life, and are rewarded with exacl prime as a small token of appreciation 

Edited by (PSN)Frost_Nephilim
  • Like 8

I always feel slightly awkward offering positive or critical feedback, but as someone that was vocal in my criticism and apprehension about Regal Aya and its value in the previous threads, i just wanted to speak up and say thank you for the implemented changes. Thank you DE, thank you Dani, thank you to whoever had run the numbers, have the discussions and make the decisions about such things. 

Thank you as someone with a general interest in consumer friendly practices, and as a fan of Warframe and DE and the idea you guys are one of the better examples in video games as far as fan feedback, and response. Ultimately though, thank you on a more personal level You can't always please everyone, and there will be as many people will will be contrary to those, but just speaking for myself, I can now purchase Regal Aya without second guessing myself whether I should have just brought Plat instead (and vice versa) and most importantly I can assemble an army of Prime Noggles in time for New War (which I am looking forward to). 

Cheers and much gratitude! 

• Like 2

Well when you introduced the prices on the web i was like yeah why not let’s support the game we love $88 AUD for 15 Regal expensive but should be ok, when I jumped online the 15 regal was priced at $105 AUD jumped almost $20 dollars!!! 

later I learnt that the pack is indeed $88 for everyone !! but for  PS4 / PS5 players we have to fork in extras, unfair.

Very kind of you, DE.

I was initially hesitant to consider buying RA, as the lack of platinum effectively increased the price-per-accessory when compared to an accessory pack. The alternative method to fix this would've been to give a few extra RA in the platinum's place, or to decrease the pack prices. But this solution is good.

Although I don't want to nitpick, I'd appreciate if there was the option to buy RA exclusively, with either the price, or amount of RA, compensating for the value of the missing plat. My need for plat has reduced as I can these days trade my way to get it as a Legendary 1. (Although I can't predict how much this event will crash the prices in the player market.)

Either way, I hope I can support the event by buying a few RA if my finances allow it.

Stay chill, [DE]voted players.

• Like 1

Thank you for working to find a way to make this happen, it was extremely disheartening when you said it would not be changed for the entire event. I'm sorry that higher ups forced you guys into an unwinnable situation, making decisions that not only generated bad feelings from fans but attracted attention from the tiny fraction of unhinged people who always roam the internet looking for excuses to attack and threaten others. Let's hope this lesson can be learned from and problems avoided in the future. I'll be making a purchase during the event as I had hoped to before I first saw the pricing problems.

• Like 1