The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Yareli" Deluxe skin or did they mean Ivara?

LadyAnime

• 1 month later...

Yareli Deluxe: "Power Rangers monster, but make it Fashion Frame." :  r/Warframe

I love Deluxes like Hydroid's Rakkam, it's clean, it's distinctive and well defined, makes Hydroid less crowded with cloth and shoulder pads, makes him look fit and sleek.

extremely appealing to look at, all Deluxe skins should aspire to be like Hydroid's Rakkam, another one with similar feel is Protea's.

I don't like too much cloths on Warframe, contrary to DE, it seems like they add it on every frame, and it makes all Warframes look the same.
what's the difference in looks between Gauss, revenant, and volt? or them and Kullervo? other than their different color placement and texture.

yes this one is crowded with a lot of pins and tech on the hips and shoulders but it's one body, no weird cloths or disproportionate arms, I think it is, after all, themed after bubble blowers, I think. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

I don't like too much cloths on Warframe, contrary to DE, it seems like they add it on every frame, and it makes all Warframes look the same.

Yes! Seems like every new warframe and prime since I-don't-know-how-many-years-ago has come with their own syandana and shoulderpads attached to the skin itself. It looks awful putting shoulderpads on top of shoulderpads, similarly awful to place a syandana on top of a syandana. I feel like these should have been made into individual shoulder and back cosmetics instead of forced onto the skin itself and unremovable.

Back around Yarelias introduction, they showed a few alternative appearances before they settled on the one we got. 
https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/n2b9rg/if_youre_wondering_why_yareli_seems_familiar_this/
I wanna see those as skins more than that deluxe, to be totally honest.
Unfortunately, they're beyond the scope of what a tennogen artist is allowed to do, So we'll never see those unless they appear as deluxes. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Damn.

That's a good looking Ivara skin.

This is how I felt as well when I saw it live.

Honestly, I'm more of a fan of skins that really expand on the existing theme and look more like a deluxe of their original design. Most of my favorite deluxe skins are the extremely old ones. I'm not really a fan of any of the Liger skins or TennoGen that create helmets that don't look natural to the Warframe's design. This is what makes the Heirloom skins (especially the Frost Heirloom) so nice.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Voltage said:

This is how I felt as well when I saw it live.

Honestly, I'm more of a fan of skins that really expand on the existing theme and look more like a deluxe of their original design. Most of my favorite deluxe skins are the extremely old ones. I'm not really a fan of any of the Liger skins or TennoGen that create helmets that don't look natural to the Warframe's design. This is what makes the Heirloom skins (especially the Frost Heirloom) so nice.

I agree. The over-designed liger stuff is not very interesting to me either. I get why people would like it but IMO it looks way better on paper than it does ingame. Those skins are basically the "look what I can do" stuff instead of the "what would be thematically and aesthetically appropriate".

look what i can do mad tv GIF

4 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

it's the helmet.

imo its a combination of the helmet and the overall body shape. Yareli is dainty, that skin is beefy. Beefy like ivara.

• Like 2

21小时前 , Sevek7 说:

Yes! Seems like every new warframe and prime since I-don't-know-how-many-years-ago has come with their own syandana and shoulderpads attached to the skin itself. It looks awful putting shoulderpads on top of shoulderpads, similarly awful to place a syandana on top of a syandana. I feel like these should have been made into individual shoulder and back cosmetics instead of forced onto the skin itself and unremovable.

Over-design should be illegal. It is impossible to fashion newer frames. Just take a look at Lavos. Jesus. And Kullervo as well. Thank god DE let us remove the shoulder wolves from Voruna. 

Xaku is the other extreme. No matter what you did to him, press 4 and boom! they were gone. 

• Like 1