The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RIP any hope of Ember being playable

Ember's getting some random QoL and buffs with Jade Shadows, but none of it really addresses the actual issues with her. Unfortunately, this also means those issues will not be addressed for a long time (at least not for years), if they ever end up getting addressed at all. Really a shame, Ember was my OG damage frame and it sucks to see her in such a poor state these days.

Context:

• Like 3

The changes address the one issue players actually complained about; Immolate's (genuinely manageable) energy costs. If she somehow has other equally pressing issues then maybe players should have complained about those too. But I suppose that would have required the complaining players to actually play Ember instead of looking at one number and refusing to even try.

Also I find it rather funny to ever call Ember a "damage" frame. When the height of her popularity was as a speedrun frame for sub lv30 content with the immense cope of pretending the CC build was actually good in higher levels. Her niche has always been more on the side of utility than damage.

• Like 12

I think the changes are pretty good, she's pretty decent already so it's nice to get these improvements.

Idk about og damage frame though, I only remember WoF being used for low level content, otherwise she wasn't that great

• Like 14

17 minutes ago, trst said:

If she somehow has other equally pressing issues then maybe players should have complained about those too.

They did and do. In literally every thread where the discussion of "How do we improve Ember's current problematic state?" comes up. Which you'd know, if you actually paid any attention to the discourse surrounding Ember. But instead, you choose to be toxic and ignorant.

The changes seem promising.  It'll be interesting to explore their ramifications once we get our hands on her.  If nothing else, some of these buffs will free up mod slots that can be used to benefit the aspects of her that aren't being directly buffed.

• Like 1

1小时前 , Hexerin 说:

They did and do. In literally every thread where the discussion of "How do we improve Ember's current problematic state?" comes up. Which you'd know, if you actually paid any attention to the discourse surrounding Ember. But instead, you choose to be toxic and ignorant.

From what I read, "energy" is the most common complain from players (directly addressed by the update). Other minor issues are damage (partially addressed) and survival (directly addressed) and stuff.

But instead, you choose to be dramatic. "RIP Ember being playable" lol.

• Like 20

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

But instead, you choose to be toxic and ignorant.

Says the person who refuses to even elaborate on what they're complaining about.

The only issue with her that wasn't addressed as far as I'm aware, is fire blast's inconsistency with other abilities on what it can and can't armor strip. Which they really just need to do a full consistency pass on armor strip abilities for, but with the upcoming armor changes this is a bit less of an issue. Still it should be done across all armor strip abilities so it's not a damn roulette spin on if your ability is gonna work on something or not. Edit: Nevermind they're fixing this too.

Other than that, her two biggest issues are her energy consumption, and survivability issues, which are being fixed.

2/3 is a pretty big improvement by DE's standards. Edit: 3/3 major issues fixed. So... what problems?

I see people complain about her LoS checks, but hers have always been a lot more forgiving than most other frames, and were probably made a lot better with the Los fixes added to the game a while ago.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 12

7 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

The only issue with her that wasn't addressed as far as I'm aware, is fire blast's inconsistency with other abilities on what it can and can't armor strip.

• Like 8

I think Embers kit is playable, even if a bit clunky. The problem is how heat procs work and that they can only applied once and refreshed. Archon Vitality helps but allowing two heat procs, which can be renewed. But it doesn't fully address the problem. If a heat proc multiplier would be allowed for Ember most of her issues would be resolved.

Fire Blast being a bit more reliable in armor removal would certainly help too.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 2024-06-07 at 6:28 AM, PollexMessier said:

Says the person who refuses to even elaborate on what they're complaining about.

Just ignore that fool, they just like the sound of their own voice

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 6

vor 6 Stunden schrieb PollexMessier:

Ah damn. Nice.

3/3 then. Maybe the closest thing to a perfect rework I've ever seen DE do in that case.

without exact numbers, you can't say whether the skill is of any use.
because low str ash shurkin usually needs 2 casts. for me it would be 80%+80% and with the second cast another 80%+80%. in sp circuit I even need more than 2 casts later.

and nekros has aoe strip with 2nd skill. there is only 80% armor reduction and that is never enough. btw I don't notice at all whether it is of any use.

Most problems with her seems solved with the changes that are coming, since the main issues with her was poor energy management due to the drain and poor LoS on Fire Blast along with it not having any effect on VIP targets. All these things will be solved with the changes.

And outside of Ember herself, the changes to Fire Blast together with the changes to enemy armor will make it a wonderful armor stripper. Since it is a heat based skill it will effectively remove 87.5% armor in a single cast, and with the new armor scaling that will leave little DR on even the heaviest enemies since they cap at 2700A/90% DR. While not giving the 100% strip of Styanax's subsume, it has far more forgiving range and requires no strength investments beyond neutral 100%.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

It's been gone over and over, again and again, in an endless list of threads across a very long time. If you're still somehow not aware of what Ember's issues are, that's on you at this point. I have no interest in spoon-feeding you, the information is readily available with a simple search.

"Oh no, I have to actually think while playing Ember instead of mindlessly spamming her fourth like all my other nuke frames!  Whatever shall I do?"

I feel like that sums up most of the complaints about her.  Yes, she's still not without a couple of faults, but she's nowhere near "unplayable"; all you have to do is pay attention, use her first and fourth as primer skills and her third as the nuke.

Now stop complaining, enjoy the QoL, and be grateful you're not a Caliban main. 😁

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

It's been gone over and over, again and again, in an endless list of threads across a very long time. If you're still somehow not aware of what Ember's issues are, that's on you at this point. I have no interest in spoon-feeding you, the information is readily available with a simple search.

When you make a rant thread you have to atleast put in the effort to elaborate what you're ranting about instead of sayin 'go search it up'. that's just being lazy

• Like 19

1 hour ago, Raarsi said:

"Oh no, I have to actually think while playing Ember instead of mindlessly spamming her fourth like all my other nuke frames!  Whatever shall I do?"

I feel like that sums up most of the complaints about her.  Yes, she's still not without a couple of faults, but she's nowhere near "unplayable"; all you have to do is pay attention, use her first and fourth as primer skills and her third as the nuke.

Now stop complaining, enjoy the QoL, and be grateful you're not a Caliban main. 😁

Pretty much. Speaking of Caliban, I wonder when we're going to see anything about him. They did say they were looking him over for potential changes during the PAX Devstream. TennoCon is soon. I would like to hear Pablo say, "And now Past Pablo is now going to demo the Caliban rework."

• Like 2

So... we get fixes (not really a buff) to Fireball, a buff to Immolation (although no word yet on the uncapped energy drain increase) in terms of energy economy, and then a massive fix for Fireblast and...

And the response is 'That's it, she's going to be literally unplayable from now on, I give up, woe is me!'

• Like 7

Damage that pales in comparison to other frames, abilities that actively punish the player, and an ultimate that doesn't even match the theme of the warframe.

What a waste of such a great frame's legacy...

• Like 2