Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx & Titania Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

As a lover of the archwing and a constant user of titania I can add that the amount of energy that has titania is not enough to be a caster.

In fact yesterday I was annihilated by a simple shot of some mysterious place and that I use quick-thinking.

There are many things that users like me from titania want and need and none of these is harmful.
-More energy to be on par with a caster frame.
-More defense or better passive.
- Less time to cast.
The caster should have an innate natural talent as opposed to assault frames.

Titania sacrifices defense, energy, Life and shield so that she does not even have something in return. Ah but other warframe with quite a defense have the same amount of energy as her.

Titania should enter the rage of Volt, Saryn and Limbo in energy.

I don't play with Nyx that often, in fact, it's the first time i've played with her since i got her on the last unvaulting, but if anyone is interested, here are my 2 cents on her. I think DE is definetely taking a step in the right direction. First and second abilities seem alright with the rework changes, power with scalability is always nice if not a most in higher levels, that said, i agree with @HuskyTheMilo, Chaos should get a look too, enemies barely do anything except standing there, and because of that, i just use 3, kill the enemies, and move on, while the ability isn't even a third of the way through its duration, so i have to pop it back in for the next "batch" (maybe i'm playing her wrong, but i like to always be moving, which seems to be a key part of this game). 

Chaos, here's a few ideas:

1. Each enemy affected by chaos offers enemies or allies in range a damage buff, buff also scales with power strength, (too OP?). 2. Enemies that attack you charge a multiplier that affects the damage of your next ability, but if Chaos is recasted it gets another 10 meters added to its the range (not affected by range mods). 3. Each enemy in range gives you 1 health/s for 5 seconds.

3 hours ago, Dranixg0d said:

The current passive maybe be good for team play but it works against Nyx's abilities mostly MC and Chaos. I've never liked.

But I do agree that maybe her new passive should affect her allies

But anything other than say maybe a corpus tech or napalm does sooo little damage by comparison, even with mind freak, any halfway decent weapon should do the job better. I faintly remember actually being annoyed too at first when the passive came around and enemies started losing their guns - but the added cc from them straight up losing their ranged attacks is worth so much more than the pitiful damage they can do to each other, imho. Loki disarm is popular for a reason

@Kancelas "enemies barely do anything except standing there, and because of that, i just use 3, kill the enemies, and move on". Same, working as intended? Altho when i do it they randomly run around and shoot or smack each other feebly, i want that AI disabling chaos mod you all seem to have 😲.Theyre not attacking you so you can mop em up more easily or you could just leave em if youre in a hurry. Its CC. If you ("you" as in anyone in general, peace) want room clearer damage take Saryn, Nyx is the wrong frame

On 2018-11-28 at 10:20 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

of defenses removed) for a short duration (5/7/9/11 seconds),

I like everything except for this. With other frames and weapons that can debuff just as much (think: Corrosive status weapons) and also deal damage, I feel like a timer on the debuff is counter-productive. 

I think the debuff should be unlimited for these enemies or it being free to cast when on enemies under the effect of Chaos.

vor 23 Stunden schrieb Vanilla_nuka:

Oh my max strength monkaS. Well being how they are changing it so that the mind controlled enemy will follow nyx that should alleviate your concern for the most part. Im also pretty sure that power strength doesnt affect the damage output of mind controlled enemies, so running max strength is kinda useless lol

It effects the augment.

11 hours ago, XenMaster said:

First ability of hers, prevent status effect proc. But id take for status proc cleansing

status proc prevention is way less powerful than cleansing. give the frame tools to be a pillar to the team, or she will be a trash tier frame, that cannot compare to anything we use now. Or there is a second question, Do you feel the effect of the powers as they would be in this change, or would you only notice if you had to look at your buff effects on your UI?

1 hour ago, Howtoshootgun said:

Theyre not attacking you so you can mop em up more easily or you could just leave em if youre in a hurry. Its CC. If you ("you" as in anyone in general, peace) want room clearer damage take Saryn, Nyx is the wrong frame

I don't intend to make the ability kill, i want to make it viable without having to basically spam it all the time. the augment helps, but imo, is a waste of slot

Nice to see two of the neglected are getting attention. Here's my opinion of how things need to be.

Titania's Passive - secondary weapons recharge faster after applying a status effect. 

Her #1 and #2 are what players have issues with. Nice move (finally) on making her buffs all be active after obtaining one 'soul'. However, the buffs themselves are trash.

Accuracy doesn't matter if in razorwing.  Re-work to 5% per stack up to 25% 'dodge'. Gives ability to dodge attacks and gives her a support buff for her and allies.

Thorns is bad in general.  "insert name here" - titania's butterflies are increased by +1 per squad member, each member gets a dedicated butterfly that can absorb a percentage of damage (up to 25%) any damage taken is given to titania's butterflies as overshield.   This would help titania better survive higher level content and again have another support ability (and give us a true incentive to use her 2). 

Fullmoon/Entangle are fine.

Her #3 needs to have the ability of DISABLING IT like Garuda can for her healing shrine. So we aren't waiting 30+ seconds. 

Why not make the butterflies invincible? They die in one shot on higher levels. Also heat-seeking missiles can and will one hit u no matter what. Four lantern is a nice thing but they will fly away and become useless so it almost doesn't matter. Second ability's buffs should benefit from mods. Casting speed just too slow and should be doubled.

Okay, after going over everything the community has posted thus far, it seems that Nyx's revisit is receiving a lukewarm reception; while literally everyone is just screaming "NO" to the Titania revisit.

One concern I have with Nyx's rework is the new Psychic Bolts, and whether or not they'll scale with Power Strength. I sincerely hope that they won't, given that most people play Nyx for Chaos/Assimilate; often running max Power Range at the expense of Power Strength. As a matter of fact, Nyx is one of the very few Warframes to not be negatively impacted by negative Power Strength. Having to drop Overextended to get more out of Psychic Bolts is just going to make Absorb and Chaos far less practical. Ultimately, we'll be stuck with choosing to mod for Nyx's 1st & 2nd; or Nyx's 3rd & 4th. Trying to mod for all of Nyx's abilities will just result in a Nyx that can't do anything noteworthy.

Given that Nyx's 3rd & 4th offer CC and Invulnerability with scaling damage AoE, the choice seems obvious: You mod for Chaos & Assimilate. Problem is, neither of these abilities have been dramatically adjusted by this revisit, and these are the same two abilities that the community currently prioritizes with Nyx...

...Which ultimately means, that this proposition will fail in its goal of increasing Nyx's player usage, because it will have change little, borderline nothing regarding what the community values and how Nyx appeals to those desires. We'll still all be playing (what few Nyx players there are, at any rate) Chaos/Assimilate Nyx, because when the time comes to choose which abilities to mod for, the community will go for the abilities that make the greatest impact; Psychic Bolts & Mind Control can't compete with CC & Invulnerability.

Perhaps a synergy could fix this, like maybe targets affected by Psychic Bolts pass on their remaining debuff to nearby Chaos Afflicted enemies upon death; Apart from making the debuff unaffected by Power Strength, I honestly cannot figure out a way to make Psychic Bolts appealing.

As for Titania? I harbor the sneaking suspicion that the community can't really reach a consensus on what they even want of Titania. Some want her to be the new Ultra-Genocide Frame, some people want her to be a more offensive take on Octavia; some people just want all of her current "issues & oversights" fixed; but most everyone agrees: This proposition is NOT the answer we're looking for.

From the consensus on Titania, I was able to determine that most Tenno just flat out hate Tribute; they hate its buffs, they hate its mechanics, they just hate everything about Tribute. You know you're off to a bad start when the best thing that can be said about Tribute Revisited is : "well, I guess Dust is alright." That's the nicest thing anyone has to say about it, and that's borderline nihilistic. DE, you really need to take Tribute back to the drawing board; nobody wants Reflect Damage or additional damage for Companions; nobody is remotely content with Entangle's 10 meter radius cap. Tribute is still a crap ability, and that's the closest thing the community has come yet to an agreement regarding Titania's revisit.

Lantern isn't mentioned all that much, it's generally Tribute that garners the community's attention, so I guess that its... in limbo? I have reservations about calling it acceptable, given my own familiarity with Lantern, but the community seems FAR more receptive to this change than any other.

Razorwing really isn't mentioned either, apart from its inherent bugginess (Airborne revives and hacking when?); though I still feel the need to press for an overhaul on the Razorflies: Make them moddable Exalted companions like Venari, or just give them a mechanic that dramatically improves their EHP; regardless of what you do, please give us the ability to repopulate deceased Razorflies without having to deactivate/reactivate Razorwing.

There are a few notes regarding Titania's passive and her squishiness; general consensus on these topics suggest that the community desires a passive ability that has an impact in both non-Razorwing and active Razorwing play. As for Titania's squishiness? The choir is pretty much chanting that Titania doesn't have enough survivability. Some have suggested making Aviator apply its Damage Reduction Bonus to Razorwing, others are calling out for Tribute Buffs that actually improve Titania's dismal chances of living through combat.

At the end of the day, the community's verdict is a good-natured "I'll take it" for Nyx's Revisit, and an exasperated "Oh, Vauban Revisited 2; how quaint" for Titania's Revisit.

Am 28.11.2018 um 19:20 schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

Nyx

Mind Control

AFTER:
Nyx still picks a single target within Range and brings them to the Tenno side for a given Duration - but now she can multiply the damage output of that enemy by her own hand!!

Sounds interesting, but how about - like proposed for Titania's Lantern - giving her the ability to cancel the ability manually by pressing/holding 1 again?
Great would be a final head explosion of the victim at the end of the duration, maybe triggering a knockdown on nearby enemies...

Zitat

Absorb:

AFTER:
Nyx absorbs all incoming damage and channels that collected energy into an explosive radial discharge - but now we've made the damage type output dynamic based on incoming damage types. If it is fed in, it feeds out!

Will the different damage types also proc the according status effects when dealt out?

Terminator Nyx gives a big thank you to all the staff members working hard on this! ❤️

TTbPndf.jpg

After thinking for a long time in my opinion the new proposed nyx's passive should still be changed.

Many warframes in the game has a problem of scalability and passives that can be achieved by using the mechanics of the game for example mag's passive of pulling items to her when bullet jumping can simply be achieved by equipping fetch or vacuum.

The current proposed nyx's passive can be performed by bullet jumping as well to gain an accuracy debuff. But how would it work in tandem with her absorb ability needing her to be hit in the first place and would it be a teamwide passive or only for nyx. 

I would suggest that nyx's passive to be changed into something like nyx leaving a kind of thematic psychic mark on them if they were affect by any of her abilities before or a kill counter with a timer that drops the counter and dmg. 

Mind's eye

Nyx's abilities allows her to leave behind a psychic mark on her enemies, she learns more about a specific enemy faction's weakness and is granted higher damage towards them the more she kills them up to %(scaled by ability strength) for x seconds (slightly scaled by duration or a fixed amount of timer that refreshes as she continues to kill at least 3 of an enemy faction that is affected before by her abilities)

Really loving the new Nyx direction. The new passive is so much more in character. Yes! 'nix' and nullify the enemy.

Titania's Spellbind and Lantern seem to crossover even more now. What if Lantern was just cast as a separate object (Will'o'Wisp style). Perhaps then it could be considered a companion, and synergise with Tribute/Fullmoon.

Looking forward to see where this goes. :)

I made a whole topic on this in the Feedback area so I'll just put down a quick list of the things I wrote. You can read my topic down below.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1039378-titaniaaviator-mod-and-qol-suggestion/

Aviator mod and Agility Drift working with Razorwing.

QoL suggestion for Razorflies.

1. UI that display how many Razorflies are still active/alive. The small number in the ability bar is very unnoticeable and if it wasn't for another user pointing it out, I would have never known it was a thing.

2. Razorfiles regenerating or the ability to summon them without recasting Razorwing. Builds that use Growing Power and/or Energy Conversion does not have the luxury to hop in and out of Razorwing. Titania alone doesn't have that luxury of exiting her most defensive form and expose herself let alone have much time to regain those buff when ever all of her Razorflies dies.

3. Razorfiles scaling. There health does not scale and much like Titania herself, can be shot down in one hit during high level mission like Arbitration.

Cast Time:

Titania has a very long cast time on her skill when she is not in Razorwing (Adds onto her lifestyle of living and dying in Razorwing). A reduce cast time on her skill would greatly improve her quality of life. Lantern has a 1.3s cast time and you are rooted in place during that time. This is a extremely long time to wait in a fast pace game like Warframe.

The Tribute Buff, Thorns:

The Thorns buff is not viable. 50% damage reflected is nothing compared to an enemy healthpool. A defensive buff like damage reduction or additional armor would have a more of an impact with performance and usage of the buff.

On 2018-11-29 at 1:06 PM, devildevil21 said:

I've got more than 700h on titania. I assure you I do get buffs with my smeeta kavat while in razorwing.

I have 120 hours on her, and can guarantee you don't. Go to the simulacrum, spawn enemies, turn on invincibiltiy, park on the energy orb, and just sit in razorwing. You won't get any buffs while in razorwing, but you'll keep any applied before you shift. In normal play, you'll occasionally get them when shift in and out to refresh butterflies. 

Edit: Here's 10 minutes of boring PoE gameplay. Charm procs the moment I zone in, then not at all for the ~8 minutes I spend in razorwing, and begins proccing again quickly after I leave razorwing. 

Excuse me. But... Why Nyx`s Chaos cannot both debuff enemies/turn off ancients aura? Why you still made abilities for no purpuse except excessive times wen frame needs to stop, cast more than one ability to max CC potential? Maybe you try to combine new 2nd ability into Chaos and imagine new wich could be more usefull/interesting and not a band aid for Chaos?

The new Changes to Nyx are certainly a step in the right direction. However, her biggest debilitating change had to be energy loss during Absorb, rather than duration based with the option to explode early by pressing 4 again. Nyx loses all energy for very few enemies in high level missions, making absorb become unneeded and Chaos the only viable power. 

vor 3 Stunden schrieb -NightmareMoon-:

so this is going to be available this year or we have to wait another 6 months?

I would wait this long if the rework will then be viable. The rework for Nyx seems okay, it could be better but she is actually playable. But Titania needs a lot more love then the changes DE wants to make. I hope they read here and think about the communities concerns.

Interested to know when this is dropping, but figured I'd throw my hat in the ring...

Admittedly, I haven't played Titania much.  I picked her up yesterday and basically just binged nothing but Titania in all kinds of missions, and though I am no expert, I'd like to offer some critique.  This is also my first post on these forums, so... hey, how's it going.

First off... her razorwing needs the most current archwing controls instead of what it has now.  Like I can aim upward and hold spacebar and my razorwing will move upward relative to the camera, not to the world.  Like, at an angle.  This gets really disorienting and isn't a problem I have when I'm flying Archwing in PoE and Vallis.  It's also disappointing that I can't use a super mega turbo boost in razorwing by holding shift+spacebar like I can in archwing, but I guess that would nullify the point of the augment (and make her handling indoors even more chaotic and unruly) so I'm not gonna complain much there.

Secondly, Lantern.  I'm curious to see how the 'tethering' mentioned in the OP will affect things, but for right now, even ignoring its propensity to bugger off in bizarre directions, the attraction effect seems to just not work at all most of the time.  Is there something I'm missing?  Like, the wiki says enemies are 'pacified', but they all seem to walk toward the lantern while shooting at me and my team, and then when they reach the lantern they decide it's not interesting and go back to what they were doing.  Half the time, enemies won't even go toward the lantern at all, even if they're obviously within range and have a clear line of sight (and the 'attraction range' on mine is 29 meters, and having played Saryn for quite some time, I know that covers an entire tile).  Is this a bug, or is there something I'm missing?

Third, tribute.  I don't use it.  In order to use it I have to fly into danger and my razorflies only manage to draw fire for about 0.62 seconds before they're gone, so it's just not worth it.

Third and a half, someone mentioned razorflies regenerating instead of making me pop out of razorwing and pop back into it is something I like, though perhaps making razorwings scale is gonna be the best way to start because there is no flat increase to their health that will make them continue to be useful indefinitely.  Hydroid's tentacles do a fixed amount of damage that falls off really fast, but their CC and loot boost is just as useful against level 50s as it is against level 500s.  Even with the proposed changes from the OP, Titania cannot scale at all because her razorflies can't withstand a side glance from a lancer.

(Also if we could ensure that they're not completely wrecked by nullifier bubbles because the AI is dumb that'd be great too)

Fourth, Spellbind.  The ragdolling into the stratosphere is... whatever, I don't care.  Ragdolling rarely happens in my groups and I use this ability to make things stop shooting and it does its job well when there's not an ancient healer nearby.  What I would like, though, is for it to be just a "grenade" sort of ability, where it just... strikes where I point.  I don't care if there's no enemies directly under my reticle, let me just splash it on things.  Let me shoot at literally nothing just to make pretty sparkles because that's just the mood I'm in.  You let me cast Hydroid's barrage at absolutely bloody nothing, let me do the same for Titania.

Fifth, the exalted weapons.  They're a lot of fun, I just wish there was more tweaking I could do with them.  If I could turn Dex Pixia into a specific weapon type in the arsenal, I would love that, but I understand it might well be kind of a mess to set that up, so... I dunno, I'll just keep not understanding how things that aren't grenade launchers or shotguns work and then wondering how in the living hell I managed to get 30%+ damage contribution when I can't aim.

Sixth, her passive.  I had a whole thing here before about how she stops having a passive once you start using razorwing, but ultimately I think razorwing just trades a bullet jump passive for a literally flying and having drones draw fire passive.  At least, that's the way it SHOULD be, if not for the aforementioned issues of the razorflies dying the instant senpai notices them and the only way to get them back is to drop and reapply the ability.  Otherwise, the passive is fine and actually pretty fun to jump around Hydron with and vacuum up things while I wait for the doggone vacuum to just be patched in already.

Archived