Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Changes: Wolf Spawns & Feedback

Marcooose

Hi all - some feedback has come in about the Wolf of Saturn Six as a miniboss. The Wolf of Saturn Six is the one that does the hunting. So when you're hunting for him... he doesn't always appear.… We’re getting the Wolf out to howl more as we head into the later weeks of Nightwave Series I. 

The Wolf's spawn rate will be increased across all four platforms to 4%, and for missions that are level 20+ it will be increased to 6%. One of the major exceptions is that he doesn't spawn in Open Worlds, so keep that in mind. Note that the end of Nightwave Series I does not mean the end of the Wolf of Saturn Six appearances - he'll still be around! 

We also have much-requested clarity for everyone: The earliest date we will end Nightwave Series I is May 15th

Cheers and happy hunting.. and remember... this isn't over yet and it is the Wolf who hunts you...!

EDIT: These changes are live as of posting! New spawn rates are already implemented across all four platforms

Nice to hear about that but you gotta also understand that alot of people have started this week with a rank 30 already done and we have 4 weeks of packs of 15 wolf creds ?

There should be a middle ground there with a change about the rewards after 30 because let's be honest, the majority who have achieved all rewards are most likely stockpiled of everything else we could purchase with those creds by now...

Either end the season 2 weeks earlier but i know probably there'll be someone at the last week half way through the ranks or add some more perks to the rewards after 30

It could be Kuva for a start...

9 minutes ago, [DE]Marcus said:

Hi all - some feedback has come in about the Wolf of Saturn Six as a miniboss. The Wolf of Saturn Six is the one that does the hunting. So when you're hunting for him... he doesn't always appear.… We’re getting the Wolf out to howl more as we head into the later weeks of Nightwave Series I. 

The Wolf's spawn rate will be increased across all four platforms to 4%, and for missions that are level 20+ it will be increased to 6%. One of the major exceptions is that he doesn't spawn in Open Worlds, so keep that in mind. Note that the end of Nightwave Series I does not mean the end of the Wolf of Saturn Six appearances - he'll still be around! 

We also have much-requested clarity for everyone: The earliest date we will end Nightwave Series I is May 15th

Cheers and happy hunting.. and remember... this isn't over yet and it is the Wolf who hunts you...!

The Stalker, G3 and Zanuka "hunt" us as well, but we get beacons to lure them in, why can't we have that for Wolf as well?

10 minutes ago, [DE]Marcus said:

Awesome! I wish for content above lvl 80 he could have a 8% spawn rate lol. Thanks for clarifying!

2 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

The Stalker, G3 and Zanuka "hunt" us as well, but we get beacons to lure them in, why can't we have that for Wolf as well?

I agree, even with wolf creds, so people that finished the 30 ranks and are well stockpiled in all the rewards have something to spend creds on

2 minutes ago, arm4geddon-117 said:

Nice to hear about that but you gotta also understand that alot of people have started this week with a rank 30 already done and we have 4 weeks of packs of 15 wolf creds ?

There should be a middle ground there with a change about the rewards after 30 because let's be honest, the majority who have achieved all rewards are most likely stockpiled of everything else we could purchase with those creds by now...

Either end the season 2 weeks earlier but i know probably there'll be someone at the last week half way through the ranks or add some more perks to the rewards after 30

It could be Kuva for a start...

Better yet... Give us higher end things to spend wolf credits on... Things that a player could only afford if they have gone far beyond lvl 30. Would give higher tier players the incentive to hold onto those credits and wait for the good stuff.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Really hope the next season has more to do after rank 30.

15 creds each rank doesn't make me want to continue doing the missions. I've effectively stopped trying at 33.

I hit 30 and lost interest.  

Now, if they upped the creds given, or made it so the Wolf hunted down people who finished a lot more often that would be incentive to keep trying.

6%... this is turning into a gacha game tbh...

In later weeks he should be 20% at least, get him to 6% after nightwave.

Personal opinion here, I'm working full time for about 3 weeks now and I saw the wolf like... 3 times. The current percentage is sad and you're increasing it to just 6%? I'ma buy the Hammer I guess...

21 minutes ago, [DE]Marcus said:

What does this mean in layman’s terms,When will this increase take place? 

This is great news.
I've been playing a lot this nightwave season really.
I've met him prolly around 14 times and have not gotten a single part.
And it sucks that i have to play normal missions just to find him when all i've really got left to do are open world (ice/electric ephemera) ESO (again ephemera and braton V) and ofc eidolons, open world.

Felt really discouraging to grind for no reason.
It's a big relief to know he will be around with no timed pressure. Thanks!

6 hours ago, [DE]Marcus said:

The Wolf's spawn rate will be increased across all four platforms to 4%, and for missions that are level 20+ it will be increased to 6%

Thank you for being transparent about this. I just have one question: What was the chance before? He has a cosmetic drop with a 2% drop chance.

Even with 6%, that is still a .12% chance at a mask. That's 3835 missions just for statistical probability to reach 99%, 577 runs to be 50%. But wait, it gets better. If we assume you do a given mission for 280 seconds and maximize each spawn chance perfectly, you would spend approximately 1,073,800 seconds for a 99% chance (298 hours and 16 minutes), and 161,560 seconds for a 50% chance (44 hours and 52 minutes) respectively in normal missions.

Now, Shadow Stalker has some bad drops, but only the Smoking Body Ephemera is non-purchasable. Additionally, he has beacons. If we assume you do not use a beacon, his spawn chance is 3.5% in a full squad. This is worse than the Wolf of Saturn Six. However, the Ephemera has a 5% drop chance, making the total drop chance .175%. This is higher than the Saturn Six Mask, and I did not even include the fact you can make Stalker spawn 100% of the time if you invest some Ducats and Credits.

I was looking at more cosmetic drops, and this gets even spicier! Let's take a look at the Blazing Step Ephemera that has a 1.01% chance to drop every 22 minutes at rotation C of Elite Sanctuary Onslaught. I'm going to spare the words: This is ~171 hours of Elite Sanctuary Onslaught for a 99% chance at Blazing Step Ephemera. If you notice, that time is around 57% of the time it will take to likely net you a Saturn Six Mask from normal missions.

I am not just sitting here to complain. I play an unhealthy amount and will get the Saturn Six Mask eventually. I am just showing what the math checks out to and what this represents for time investment. I know the route this game is taking in terms of item acquisition, and an Operator cosmetic having this drop chance should be addressed sooner rather than later. Making it easier in months/years shouldn't need to take place like other items if the drop chance is low but managable now.

Unfortunately, any Syndicate, Assassination, Archwing, Free Roam, Arena, Quest, Sanctuary Onslaught, Relay, Dojo or similar mission will not allow you the chance to spawn this enemy. It would be cool if that was looked at as well, but I can see the argument on either side. Some players would love to see him in everything they are doing, and others would want him out of their mining adventures and similar prospects.

Hopefully the Wolf of Saturn Six keeps seeing improvement much like many parts of Nightwave that [DE]Bear posted in the past and the continued work from feedback as shown on Devstreams. Thank you for Nightwave and this new boss. I for one really enjoy the encounter when he decides to show up.

The Wolf makes me play using low level gear many times less than I used to. You'll never know when the wolf will show up and utterly squash you. There should be a system like the Kuva Siphons that makes the wolf only appear on one planet at a time, with the nightwave system gutting most of the alert menu, a "Wolf sightings on X" type message would fit in nicely, it would let low level players play most missions without the chance of Wolf and his invincible minions destroying them and any objections within moments. If they "need" to play on the planet he's on they can either wait, mod their gear accordingly or a the very least know they need to be cautious.

Archived