Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I the only one mad about the Saturn Six Armor Returning?

Agilis_Prime

Just fair warning, you're about to hear a small rant about your stereotypical veteran, but HOLY HELL, please stop bringing back cosmetics. Mods and weapons, I can completely understand. But cosmetics?! You know how much of a grind the first Nightwave was? I spent hours grinding out that armor, literally some challenges taking hours to complete. Then once I finally got to the part where I get the armor, dear God, that felt great. And then, I thought I had a cool armor set to show off my work... Oh but no, you got all those whiners who wanted it back, and now all they gotta do is get it through this easy as hell version of Nightwave. Now I might be the only one who even cares, but it just sucks to know that the grind I went through was all just a big fat waste of time, because now anyone can get it with ease.

This isn't the first time it's happened, either. Anyone remember The Pacifism Defect tactical alert? It was by far, besides that most recent one for the Orb Vallis, just stupid time consuming. But guess what? I still finished it and got the Harkonar Wraith armor set and Syandana. Hell, I've still got the messages in my Inbox from Cressa Tal signifying I did. But then, Mr. Ki'Teer comes around, and gives it out for mere Ducats and Credits to any ole' chap that just so happens to have some. As I said earlier, I do not mind the addition of the exclusive Vandal weapons or whatever else being re-released, as they are something that actually effects gameplay, but cosmetics are something that DOESN'T.

So yeah, I'm just your old grumpy veteran and everyone is just gonna say "nobody cares" or "it's for the players that didn't have the chance." You know what? I come from a place where your cosmetics symbolized a whole lot more than a fancy showoff, but an actual achievement that people would admire and then inspire them to become better or something else along those lines. Because, as one wise man once said, once everyone is super, nobody is super.

• Like 3

DE said none of NW stuff are exclusive , so they were gonna return eventually.

I'm rather annoyed by them returning too early.

Wounds from Wolf of the Saturn Six grind are still fresh , imo they should have waited till Intermissions 3.

Edited by Aeon94
  • Like 3

I think it should have waited 1year or so as I'm against hard exclusiveness. But I'm still disappointed, not because the rewards are available again, but because the way they were brought back implied slapping the face of players who had won the armor on S1.

We could have a different reward (store credits/kuva/endo/etc) but nooo. Not only we get stripped out of shinies, we also win an unremovable repeated cosmetic. Which literally means that some of those ranks aren't just empty ranks, they actually reward us with cumbersome clutter.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, --CV--Agilis said:

I come from a place where your cosmetics symbolized a whole lot more than a fancy showoff, but an actual achievement that people would admire and then inspire them to become better or something else along those lines.

So, you want someone to look at your armor set and strive to become good enough to go back in time and acquire it?

• Like 7

Yea you are probably the only one since it's been known since season 1 that it will be obtainable again. Didn't know when, just knew that it would.

Now I'm more annoyed with how it is brought back. A 30 tier intermission is a bit excessive. Should've just put the armor and such in the cred offerings instead.

• Like 5

You could have saved yourself alot of frustration and anger by simply reading prior to and during S1 that all cosmetics and other items would make a return in some way after S1 ended.

The only thing that can really be questioned is if the implementation of how it is obtained is the right choice or not. Seeing as how intermissions are just that, an intermission, I'd have to say it is implemented correctly. Intermission 1 was different since it was the first intermission ever and was based around 15 ranks only. If they keep using intermission ranks as the way to obtain previously missed seasonal items I see no problem whatsoever since there is always something for us who have it already to hunt, like umbra forma.

For me it doesnt really matter if 5 (or whatever it is) ranks are used for already owned items, or if those ranks would give me intermission credits. Both of them are about as equally useless to me in the end.

Edited by SneakyErvin
  • Like 4

vor 30 Minuten schrieb --CV--Agilis:

Am I the only one mad about the Saturn Six Armor Returning?

No, you are definitly not. There is a very consistent, small and very loud part gamers nowadays.

Things like this are pure elitism of people with very weak self-confidence.

Their e-pen!s is all they are able to build their fragile personality on, to the point where the termin 'default' is used as an insult today.

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

So, you want someone to look at your armor set and strive to become good enough to go back in time and acquire it?

You say that like it's crazy or something.  You kids these days.  When I was your age, I had to time travel uphill in the snow both ways without accidentally deleting my own existence just to get a feathered hat cosmetic.

• Like 6

So you're upset because something that DE said (multiple times mind you) that was not exclusive, turns out to not be exclusive?
Maybe you should just learn to pay attention a bit more?

49 minutes ago, --CV--Agilis said:

So yeah, I'm just your old grumpy veteran and everyone is just gonna say "nobody cares" or "it's for the players that didn't have the chance." You know what? I come from a place where your cosmetics symbolized a whole lot more than a fancy showoff, but an actual achievement that people would admire and then inspire them to become better or something else along those lines. Because, as one wise man once said, once everyone is super, nobody is super.

And please tell me:
What "achievement" did it take for you to get the wolf armor?
Oh yeah, you just played the season one nightwave through all 30 ranks.

What "achievement" will it take for new players to get the wolf armor?
Oh yeah, they just need to play through this intermission through all 30 ranks.

So whats the difference here?
And before you go "But one hour kuva survivals!" I can just point to the fact that a decent number of people got through rank 30 of season 1 without doing the hour long kuva survival...

Fact is that you didn't go through any "achievement" to get the wolf armor...and trying to claim it as one is disingenuous at best.

• Like 5

36 минут назад, vaarnaaarne сказал:

Being upset about other people being given something that you already have is both ludicrous and immoral. Especially when the only real reason you have it was because you were somewhere first.

Does that logic works with STD?

Come on, give a kid some space to vent.

Tho I believe that if he wrote this stuff to Steve on twitter directly...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, --CV--Agilis said:

I come from a place where your cosmetics symbolized a whole lot more than a fancy showoff

An alternate universe where time spent in a video game actually matters to more that 0.01% of the population?

• Like 1

And then, I thought I had a cool armor set to show off my work... Oh but no, you got all those whiners who wanted it back, and now all they gotta do is get it through this easy as hell version of Nightwave. Now I might be the only one who even cares, but it just sucks to know that the grind I went through was all just a big fat waste of time, because now anyone can get it with ease.

No, you just sound like an elitist who went all in on the "pride an accomplishment" kool-aid.

The founders exclusives (which no I don't have) are and should stay exclusive. Stratos emblems are another "I was there at the time" exclusive thing that can show you've been playing and participating longer. Otherwise this is a game, people should be playing and enjoying themselves, not being divided into snobby haves and plebeian have-nots.

Edited by Hobie-wan
  • Like 2

Just fair warning, you're about to hear a small rant about your stereotypical veteran, but HOLY HELL, please stop bringing back cosmetics. Mods and weapons, I can completely understand. But cosmetics?! You know how much of a grind the first Nightwave was? I spent hours grinding out that armor, literally some challenges taking hours to complete. Then once I finally got to the part where I get the armor, dear God, that felt great. And then, I thought I had a cool armor set to show off my work... Oh but no, you got all those whiners who wanted it back, and now all they gotta do is get it through this easy as hell version of Nightwave. Now I might be the only one who even cares, but it just sucks to know that the grind I went through was all just a big fat waste of time, because now anyone can get it with ease.

This isn't the first time it's happened, either. Anyone remember The Pacifism Defect tactical alert? It was by far, besides that most recent one for the Orb Vallis, just stupid time consuming. But guess what? I still finished it and got the Harkonar Wraith armor set and Syandana. Hell, I've still got the messages in my Inbox from Cressa Tal signifying I did. But then, Mr. Ki'Teer comes around, and gives it out for mere Ducats and Credits to any ole' chap that just so happens to have some. As I said earlier, I do not mind the addition of the exclusive Vandal weapons or whatever else being re-released, as they are something that actually effects gameplay, but cosmetics are something that DOESN'T.

When the game was a much smaller thing, it certainly definitely an annoyance for event exclusive goods to suddenly be brought back in especially easier way to get goods. Though for the nightwave goods my annoyance is more towards HOW SIMPLISTIC on the way they brought them back, it should of just been a coupon we could exchange for a cosmetic/mods good of our choice amongst the limited list (aka what they crammed into rank up rewards instead) and we can instead exchange it for a sizable amount of intermission II creds instead if we already own them.

D.E. could of just gave away a simplified version of the tactical event goods also for the stuff not related to nightwave either or just update the older ones to have the ability to toggle a special shining effect to give the long-timers a bling to show they had cleared that old content and they were not just some lucky players to get them in the free-lo easy grab of stuff. Call it E-pen loot, but there is a reason why some game companies do not suddenly re-release older goodies of a special event, especially if they have no huge gaming advantage against other players (like a raw stat boost), since it helps to signify those who got it, put the effort to get said goods. When a company just basically throws about fancy goodies with half-hearted care on the effort that it originally took to get them, it basically ruins the tension players had for enjoying content and feeling proud to get said goods and proudly show them off. When they could give zero cares and just get said goods easily after the `main episode of the NW ends`, if they can`t bother to max score the event itself.

Oh plus did not help they did not really cover `all` the tactical alert bits, though if D.E. is this frivolous with handing out older content like they are trying to stall for time, i would not be amazed if they re-open a tactical alert that lets dojos research how to build ignis wraith`s so one of the few things high ranking dojos have long-term bragging rights for, on being able to duplicate blue prints of said weapon. 

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

You could have saved yourself alot of frustration and anger by simply reading prior to and during S1 that all cosmetics and other items would make a return in some way after S1 ended.

The only thing that can really be questioned is if the implementation of how it is obtained is the right choice or not. Seeing as how intermissions are just that, an intermission, I'd have to say it is implemented correctly. Intermission 1 was different since it was the first intermission ever and was based around 15 ranks only. If they keep using intermission ranks as the way to obtain previously missed seasonal items I see no problem whatsoever since there is always something for us who have it already to hunt, like umbra forma.

For me it doesnt really matter if 5 (or whatever it is) ranks are used for already owned items, or if those ranks would give me intermission credits. Both of them are about as equally useless to me in the end.

Think i have said it in multiple threads but again, the way they put it in was poorly designed because it gives no option B for players who actually DID the main nightwave, to get something instead. If D.E. is so lazy to not include option B loot in the form of intermission creds or just freaking give us a anasa ayatan statue or 3 ayatan amber stars instead, it is HIGHLY LIKELY, they will get even lazier and repeatedly add all the cosmetic rewards from main night wave missions(Which could lead to them further clogging the reward table then `just 5 of them` as you stated), especially the wolf of saturn six ones, to where players will be sitting on 3 to 8 sets easy and feel even further miffed to have copies of stuff they can`t even get rid of, for even something as small as credits. No one enjoys having duplicates of cosmetics, especially when it CLOGS THE DANG EQUIP UI WHEN PLAYERS ARE FASHIONING UP THAR FRAMES!!!

Edited by Avienas

29 minutes ago, Avienas said:

Think i have said it in multiple threads but again, the way they put it in was poorly designed because it gives no option B for players who actually DID the main nightwave, to get something instead. If D.E. is so lazy to not include option B loot in the form of intermission creds or just freaking give us a anasa ayatan statue or 3 ayatan amber stars instead, it is HIGHLY LIKELY, they will get even lazier and repeatedly add all the cosmetic rewards from main night wave missions(Which could lead to them further clogging the reward table then `just 5 of them` as you stated), especially the wolf of saturn six ones, to where players will be sitting on 3 to 8 sets easy and feel even further miffed to have copies of stuff they can`t even get rid of, for even something as small as credits. No one enjoys having duplicates of cosmetics, especially when it CLOGS THE DANG EQUIP UI WHEN PLAYERS ARE FASHIONING UP THAR FRAMES!!!

I'm fairly sure they wont clog it with more since when you look at it, the rank requirement per item is in the same spot as it was during the actual season. So it will very likely be one season's loot plus the intermission loot during intermissions from now on, spread out over 30 ranks instead of 15 with just intermission loot like the first one. I dont think they have any plans to reduce the time investment needed to get the items, which would be the case if they included several seasons in the same intermission.

And has there even been any indication that the items will show as duplicates in our UI when changing fashion?

I not mad of returning the season 1 rewards early. But I´m mad to force u to have dupe rewards if u want to do NW ranks.... :facepalm:

All NW  season 1 rewards should be on the last ranks.

PS Damn energizer!!! otherwise i will stop at rank  7  😒

1 hour ago, George_PPS said:

MR27 4000 hours here. 

You are just a spoiled veteran. You are not the only player. What about new players and players who haven’t gotten the item? Some of the best cosmetic items are going to show up again for everyone. 

I mean, yes and no. I think it's good for people who missed it, but as stated numerous times all over the forums, it probably should have been made available for creds. In fact they should just make every tier creds/kuva/ducats/forma etc, and then allow people to purchase any cosmetics they need.

The system in its current state is giving people who did participate in nightwave before dud rewards. Zero reward tiers is not good design. It punishes those who did the previous seasons. There's really no reason for that.

Bottom line for me: It comes across as lazy.

Edited by Skaleek

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Skaleek:

I mean, yes and no. I think it's good for people who missed it, but as stated numerous times all over the forums, it probably should have been made available for creds. In fact they should just make every tier creds/kuva/ducats/forma etc, and then allow people to purchase any cosmetics they need.

The system in its current state is giving people who did participate in nightwave before dud rewards. Zero reward tiers is not good design. It punishes those who did the previous seasons. There's really no reason for that.

Bottom line for me: It comes across as lazy.

I said it once and i say it again, it should had been a simple syndicat, play at your own pace and buy what you want, this battle pass is a way to force you to play for no reason, i rather would had liked a fleshed out quest and storyline instead of random missions and challanges slaped together and this lame attempt for the Wolf and Arlo as dumb Diashow leading to nothing at all and vanishing again, instead of them leading to new missions or bosses that stay in game.

This stuff should be exclusive to holiday events, not something that is supposed ot expand the exisitng universe.

• Like 1