Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe drops out of steams top 10 just after releasing an Big update.

(PSN)SolarPhantom82

How relevant are these top10 lists to the average consumer?  80% of those games I will never play because they are genres I am not interested in. If we filter a top10 list to our personal tastes, we all end up with indivdualized top10 lists, each looking different from one another.

And not being in these generic top10 list is automatically grounds to be called a terrible game not worth playing?  So should all the other millions of games on Steam pack it up and go home because not being in the top10 is "literally unplayable"?

Just play something until it is no longer fun or until you finish it, then move on to the next game. Then come back later when a big update drops. Or don't come back if you feel like not coming back. Nobody cares what you choose to play except you.

We all WANT to play as many diverse games as possible while we are alive on this planet, not just one and treat it like it's a job until retirement. I actually appreciate the pauses of content drought Warframe has, they actually give me much needed time to play my enormous backlog of other games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fire2box said:

1. lichs take at least a hour to destroy. capturing them is pointless as they are useless and can bug to actually kill you. 

I'm just going to chime in to correct this.

Its not a bug, Liches with Paranoia Quirk attack Grineer allies and that doesnt change when converted, they will attack you.

So, pay attention on who you convert.

2 hours ago, IamLoco said:

I imagined a "lich fortress", similar to the kuva fortress where we start at mission A and fight our way, maybe with different possible routes, until we reach the top and can then defeat him with all the information about his weaknesses and strengths we gained from fighting his armies

It looked like that's what they were aiming for when it was a part of Empyrean, but then the whole thing was taken out of Empyrean and made into a standalone update. I hope the current version is temporary.

My assumption at the moment is that the big stuff they're developing is taking longer than expected and they needed something to ship, so they looked for something to split off and shipped a simplified version.

Edited by schilds

6 hours ago, kevoisvevo said:

because most warframe players use steam over the warframe's stand alone launcher and it's a good indicator of where the crowd is heading even if it doesn't encompass the entire warframe community

Wait, warframe has it's separate from steam launcher??? 

11 hours ago, Goodwill said:

Might be a good thing. It's about time Warframe settles into a niche. Warframe has NEVER been a good game. It's never been completed and is often riddled with bugs or inconsistencies. Hopefully the new update is making people realize that. It's overpopularity is due to hype and rarely due to any sensible reasoning.

That's a particularly malicious sentiment to direct at the community writ large.

What do you gain by so blatantly insulting so many registered losers?

personally, i think if your one of those guys supporting the game as it currently is, you probably didnt play the game back in its first years.

I dont think its even argueable that the game has gotten MUCH more grindy, by a big margin, and it was changed so egrigeously, it was a grindy game to begin with, dobt get me wrong, i like the grind, but it has become way too much.

the grind before was managable and fun, grinding the resources to build a frane or a weapon felt good and rewarding, then building that weapon you farmed for, with the mods you had been collecting. now tho, i feel like most of the places people used to farm for resources got their drop significantly lowerd since launch, resource cost has incresed, and most of the weapons are just MR fodder.

just look at the tatsu for example, you need to grond so much to build it, then forma it, then mabey if you have the right mods, you can finally have a decent weapon. i genuinly dont think any weapon was required so much grind to build, and melee is genuinly unfun now, how can anyone say that melee 3.0 was better then being able to actually pull out your sword as a full weapon.

the devs also VERY CLEARLY have been slowly nerfing ways that people used to get plat. Remember how easly it was to grind for the really good arcanes, doing both jv and lor daily really paid off once ypu got an arcane energize or an arcane healing, they used to sell for 300 on ps4, now they sell for way less, and killing the gantualyst imo is less fun then trying to get lor right, lor was really fun with friends, and noobs could easily learn and eventually make some plat.

i still argue towers where better then relics, before you needed 1 key and you could stay as long as ypu wanted in a survival, and grind as many prime parts as ypu coumd handle, it was rewarding, then relics where added, now all of a sudden, if you wanna do a 1hr survival, you need a ton of relics, and if you want that one specific part, you need a ton of the same relics, or a group of 4 ppl with the same relic, howcan anyone argue that relics arent a nerf on farming prime parts.

mabey im just an idiot clinging to the older warfrane, but atleast for me, this is why i just can get around to enjoying the game, even tho i genuinly like it, i like the devs, i like the community, but i think they have gone in the wrong direction, just slowly trying to squeeze ppl into spe ding more money, ruining the game at the sane time, i would have a lrob if it was just cismetics, but again making the game grindier and making it much harder to make plat. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, FLSH_BNG said:

That's a particularly malicious sentiment to direct at the community writ large.

What do you gain by so blatantly insulting so many registered losers?

What I gain is as valuable as the digital pixels I bought last Prime Access...

Numbers aside, I really have to wonder why are people defending Destiny 2 like it's the big things and the game to kill warframe ?

I tried it myself as I wanted to try something new.

I did a bit of everything and now I'm on the verge of uninstalling...

Why ?

- I usually starts a MMO by playing solo. Tough luck, many of the "big" content if Destiny 2 is locked behind no matchmaking mission : if you don't have your premade party you can't do raid at all for example. And since I'm a casual (so not many way to join a Guild that plays daily) and region chat is even more dead than Warframe's I just can't do these content.

- The pve content is extra repetitive. I can't believe you compare Warframe different type of mission with D2 generic "follow the path until you kill the boss with some extra but intuitive mechanics". Open worlds are even worse. I have a lot more fun hunting Eidolon.

- Grind for exotic weapons is insane. I did the whole Renegades storyline (and it cost me 30 bucks) expecting to get the Ace of Spade at the end of it. But nooooooo you have 5 horribly long extra steps at the end to get the actual weapon. The cinematics were amazing but that's about it.

- You have to pay a frigging DLC to get one out of the three skilltree of each classes. Basically a THIRD of the character build is locked behind a paywall. How the f... is that good design ? Especially since those skilltree are - at least for Hunters - the most fun and sometimes the most effective to play.

- PVP is fun but then again Warframe pvp is nonexistant, not much of a comparison here.

- Again, a lot of things are currently locked behind paywall.

- Honestly I see way way less weapon diversity in D2 than in Warframe. Warframe got things like Ogris, Lenz, Zarr, Zenistar (got gutted but still), Azima, etc...

While D2 gives you like four different kind of primary and only stats and bonuses vary between them. Meh.

I guess D2 is fun when your whole Discord migrates to it and farm together. But it's really far far from being the Graal I heard about. I have a ton of fun in Oldblood, despite the bugs, in comparison.

And to this day, I never found out why DE delays updates if they end up half-assed anyway.

A year of content drought, and for what? 10 minutes of content and 8+ hours of RNG.

I can only hope that Empyrean won't be such a disaster. Then again, Cyberpunk 2077 most likes comes before that (wouldn't even be surprised), and then I won't play WF for at least a month anyway.

Edited by o0Despair0o

40 minutes ago, (PS4)nikobellic1985 said:

personally, i think if your one of those guys supporting the game as it currently is, you probably didnt play the game back in its first years.

Oh? Is that fact? But I guess it depends on what you mean by supporting and how you measure that threshold. I support Warframe but I am not happy with all of DE's choices or what they have sat on since years ago. I would've dropped my support long ago and still would if DE ever demonstrates that they are "happy" with where Warframe is. But it's obvious with the recent update that they aren't. They are really testing the waters with Update 26 and I hope they take ALL feedback into consideration.

40 minutes ago, (PS4)nikobellic1985 said:

I dont think its even argueable that the game has gotten MUCH more grindy, by a big margin, and it was changed so egrigeously, it was a grindy game to begin with, dobt get me wrong, i like the grind, but it has become way too much.

the grind before was managable and fun, grinding the resources to build a frane or a weapon felt good and rewarding, then building that weapon you farmed for, with the mods you had been collecting. now tho, i feel like most of the places people used to farm for resources got their drop significantly lowerd since launch, resource cost has incresed, and most of the weapons are just MR fodder.

I agree. I think Clan research may have been what started the trend which has then bled out into the solo/casual experience. My concern is why DE would do this because it doesn't make sense from a player friendly experience, nor from a monetization angle since there is an enormous amount of plat already in the economy that far outweighs the cost of buying it through the market. I think DE has royally borked their monetization scheme and it's because of avid supporters who buy Prime Access why they are able to float by as if it isn't an issue.

Edited by Goodwill
Okay, my complaints may seem a bit disjointed from yours as there is a lot more plat in circulation on PC than on consoles. I apologize for that.

3 hours ago, Tsardova said:

snip

I completely respect your stance and think you have every right to your opinion.

I will say though that if you are unhappy, then you probably need to take a break.

The simple facts of the matter are that you are not getting the experiences you want when you log in, so just stop logging in for a while. Pick something different to do and come back with fresh eyes in a month or three.

DE nerfed spin-to-win and some select weapons while buffing most of the melee in the game. They didn't do it thinking everyone was going to like it.

You don't like it? Give feedback and wait 10 months...Because that's roughly how long manual blocking fans had to wait. 

You gonna leave if they don't do what you want immediately? You been here long enough to know you can just start packing now.

As to the rest? There appears to be a metric ton of posters in this thread convinced that D2 is "the second coming" (it kinda is given that it's a sequel) and are so enamored by the game that they came to the warframe forums instead of logging in to the game itself or posting their love on the D2 forums.

They can talk all the nonsense they want imo as their comments literally don't make cents.

big pun rap GIF

...They'll be right back here the minute Bungie paywalls them.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

-snip

You pretty much hit the nail on the head when it comes to Destiny 2. It's insanely overrated. Let's not forget things like the Eververse in a $60 usd game, the whole single use shader fiasco (compared to D1), and the $30 "season passes" most of which were huge letdowns, etc. But lets not get too off topic lol.

36 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

And to this day, I never found out why DE delays updates if they end up half-assed anyway.

Honestly since I've been a part of warframe (2017) The Old Blood is the only glaring example to me. I feel like it could have done with a few more months in the oven.

1 hour ago, (PS4)nikobellic1985 said:

I did, it sucked ass.

Just now, White_Matter said:

I don't think this update was aimed to bring players back, this was an update to give the existing players something to do during the biggest content drought in the history of gaming.

The update that'll bring new players is going to be New War. 

this

5 hours ago, Tsardova said:

No... the divisiveness is widespread.... from how DE lazily introduced "difficulty" in Grendel's mission, how buggy uninspired and egregiously padded out old blood is along with melee 3.0. 

DE seems to be focused on old blood nemesis mechanic atm so there's less heat there meanwhile people either have done and forgotten grendel mission or just don't bother with it and melee 3.0 remains the one that isn't looked at by DE. I.e. it is the one where people's issues remain still so of course the dang outcry remains. See the causality here? Can't just selectively pick out facts that points your way but disregard others that contribute to it.

Except the fact that these hotfixes ARE THE RESULT OF PLAYER FEEDBACK AND OUTCRY. To say they dont matter at all only goes to show how closeminded or ignorant you are to the causality here. DE SPECIFICALLY made changes to the oldblood's nature of progression and reward BECAUSE of these kinds of threads exist. The correlation is there, you just need to accept it instead of denying it.

We did it once, we might not want to do it again. It's demotivating to see years worth if loyalty and investment be chucked down the drain like this. To assume that everyone will be onboard with an endless cycle of demotivating and ultimately unrewarding loop of "we've done it and we can do it again" only goes to show tgat you are indeed going full force on ignorance is bliss creed. 

People complained about old blood system's duplicate weapons BECAUSE of the same thing. Demotivation from lack of sense of progression after prolonged investment will only cause frustration and people will inevitably look for alternatives that DO respect the individual's time, loyalty, and investment. 

The idea is only juvenile if you never really earned anything with proper effort. People have life to tend to; jobs, family, friends, health, etc. Whatever spare time we who chose to be loyally invested in this game over the course of 6 years being dumped out the window with 1 update is a slap of disrespect.

Even if it's not on a personal level, it's still a move that disrespects a large enough group of people to show a decline in the active playerbase. 

Downplay this and ridicule others at your leisure if it does make you feel better in that high horse of yours but it is what it is.

You're so heated over this cause you're in the same group of people that "lack common sense over the internet" evidently.... Otherwise you wouldn't be this heated since you're so "indifferent" on the matter.

And congratulations, you've managed to laugh at your last depreciating sentence ergo you effectively are good at self depreciating humor, so kudos there lad.

Meanwhile many frames are still broken as hell fortuna and POE are boring casts of emptiness that hasn't been updated in months and the arbitration changes where not what any of the warframe player base that actually played arbitrations wanted. Saying de listens to feedback is such a funny meme at this point.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, -CASTRADOMIS- said:

Honestly since I've been a part of warframe (2017) The Old Blood is the only glaring example to me. I feel like it could have done with a few more months in the oven.

POE was a buggy mess, many warframe quests were buggy messes even though de delayed them to stop  bugs and there were still many MANY bugs.

1 minute ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

Meanwhile many frames are still broken as hell fortuna and POE are boring casts of emptiness that hasn't been updated in months and the arbitration changes where not what any of the warframe player base that actually played arbitrations wanted. Saying de listens to feedback is such a funny meme at this point.

I mean, not entirely. They are about half an half, they fix important bugs, and on release of stuff they usually spend a week to refine it if not two if it really had a bumpy start. Yet they have a track record of going back to fix stuff, but when they do it usually is because they are adding more stuff to it as well. I recon it's because the people asking for new content is generally louder than the people asking for stuff like that to be fixed, and so this happened. new content. made to be played for a couple of months and not a week. They are polishing it, there will probably be a patch later today with some fixes as well.

• Like 1

1. After the first, liches take 2-4 hours each.

2. Several Kuva weapons are top tier in damage. As in top 10.

3. Melee overscaling was removed, but you can pretty much kill anything in less than 5 seconds if you know what you are doing.

4. Not everyone is mad at DE. Most of the veterans I know actually came back to lich hunt. 

All of you are overblowing your own anger. The only reason no one runs counter to your arguments is because people are busy enjoying the game.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Tsardova said:

Cause I do have things to say on the matter after having stuck with the game for 5 years plus WITH findings based on common sense compared to you who is just here to s**post while acting high and mighty?

So you're dishonest as well then eh, considering you're so invested to reply as well. Good to know you're genuinely good at self depreciating humor there lad.

As it is the following morning and this has gone on far too long, I'd rather just apologize for this whole mess and admit I was bored and acting confrontational... and yes, I am legit here to S#&$ post half the time.  The situation is more complicated and has more sides than either of us would care to admit, so I'd rather just apologize.

Warframe has it's problems, it always has, and it's not a perfect holy grail of a video game.  I will still gladly take it over the mind numbing grin of any Korean MMO.  I'll take Warframe over any hilariously depressing mess EA, Activision, or Blizzard releases, or whatever you want to call the travesty Anthem turned into.  I've see, and been apart of games that have completely fallen apart. 

There was an old Gundam game, SD Gundam Capsule Fighter, published by OGPlanet.  That, right there... that was a mismanaged game.  It was fun, but eventually, it died due to its publisher playing favorites, and its developer shutting everything down.  There was publisher favoritism in the background, literal gambling mechanics, and the NA server being outted constantly as the worst of the worst.  And I could say the same about how Nexon ran Dungeon Fighter Online, at that.  I'm glad we don't have to worry about something like that with Warframe, at the very least.  I've seen some of the worst garbage games have to offer, so... DE's #*!% ups seem utterly minor in comparison, to me. 

• Like 4