Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Here Actually Enjoys the Current Lich System?

Eklectus

Well my interest towards the whole thing is on the level of "I have never even bothered to try spawning a lich". I don't care about the weapons or the ephemera so I see no point in adding more grind to the game by engaging with the system. I might do it at some point, but atm not really worth my time.

3 minutes ago, HelloItIsIJimbles said:

I do disagree with this though. I think some of the bosses and high-level stalker / the three guys are tougher then the liches. Though maybe I just keep finding ways to cheese the lich fights and I'm ruining the content for myself.

As long as the liches remain targetable by peacemaker, they'll never be an actual threat.

3 minutes ago, HelloItIsIJimbles said:

I do disagree with this though. I think some of the bosses and high-level stalker / the three guys are tougher then the liches. Though maybe I just keep finding ways to cheese the lich fights and I'm ruining the content for myself.

Also it comes down to the lich resistances and immunities, some lich are easy to take down at lv 5 while others are nightmares that take 10 mins to take down

I've killed exactly one Lich, just to get it gone.... I was tired of the system before I killed that Lich.

It feels like so much wasted potential and just thinking about how it should have been implemented but wasn't and probably never will be sucks the life out of me. 

5 minutes ago, HelloItIsIJimbles said:

I do disagree with this though. I think some of the bosses and high-level stalker / the three guys are tougher then the liches. Though maybe I just keep finding ways to cheese the lich fights and I'm ruining the content for myself.

Not sure I can agree, though I can almost agree

So twice I've been stuck in battles with Rank 4 Liches with explosive weapons, and I was heavily reliant on Vazarin's Mending Dash to stay alive. I was also thrall hunting when I was attacked by a level 75 Grustrag Three when I had Madurai equipped instead, and they were technically dealing much less damage and weren't quite able to kill me (they did eat through three Warding Halos though)

If I had to choose between having the lich system vs no system, I’d take the lich system.  It proved to me how much more fun even regular missions could be at 80+ enemy level vs the snore show that was before with only decent level enemies in arbitrations.  I feel like I have a reason to do the Star Chart now with murmurs.   

• Like 1

Eh, personally I'm already burnt out from getting endless lichs with repeat weapons with low %s and no ephermias. The game loves rotating between the same 3 weapons (Twin Stubba, Drakgoon, and Quartakk) and loves to give anywhere from 23% (my lowest so far) to 40% for element.  Sure.. trading is a thing now, but I'm one who generally doesn't like tossing plat away for weapons I could... or should... be able to farm.  If the game had a system to like... take this 23% weapon and smash it into the higher % one I already have in order to up that % even higher (even if only by like 3-5% more)... that would be nice, and make such trashy low % repeat weapon liches not an eyesore to see.

The forced death aspect of liches is also another dumb point... sure, dying itself isn't a big deal, but a failed parazon mod attempt turning to a sudden instant kill move against you that not even a 7000+ hp max armor Inaros, or fully buffed up armored Rhino can stand up against, when similar grab/finisher moves they do barely scratch it... is just dumb (Like, how the heck do they even get such an absurd boost of strength?).  Instead they should just laugh at your feeble attempt, then still require the 3x kneels before they head on off (and rank up still from said attempt).

Anyhow.. other then those two above points the lich system isn't... that bad?  I enjoy it kinda?  There is alot more they really need to flesh out about it for sure, but lets just hope it doesn't become another tossed in then ignored system, like so many things have been.

I do wish there was some aspect that let us control what weapons our liches started with. I've lost a lot of my motivation when my last seven liches have the same rotation of Ogris, Tonkor, and Stubba. There's always room for improvement, and I'm hopeful DE will address it down the line.

On a side not, however, a question. Plural for lich. Is it 'liches,' or 'lich's?'

I like the Lich system for a few reasons:

- people wanted to fight Sortie-level enemies more often, without having to do long Endless runs. now we can do that on Lich nodes, and while I never felt like I'd be one of them, I really enjoy the higher level enemies.

- there's a decent variety of game modes you can play, as opposed to running the exact same mission over and over again, which gets boring real quick.

- it can keep me occupied for longer periods of time, taking into account murmurs and levelling up each lich weapon to 40.

that's not to say there aren't places I feel it could be improved upon though:

- the grind for the last murmur is a bit lengthy, it could be a little shorter.

- the rewards on the requiem relics: are you kidding me with Amber Stars? the Kuva rewards on them aren't bad, but they could also be better.

I don't really get the big deal regarding the backbreaker, revives have no real value since they replenish between missions. each time they do it, it narrows down the order of your Requiems to the correct one. they don't realise it, but each time they kill you, they're a little closer to getting themselves killed. that's the best way to look at it IMO.

1 hour ago, Eklectus said:

For the past month since the release of the Old Blood, I've watched so much feedback on the Liches go by absolutely ignored.

This isn't true...They addressed, what they felt, were the legitimate grievances players expressed by: creating Larvling opt-in, allowing players to remove other players Liches if they prefer not to make an attempt to mercy them, weapon repeats, and Lich de-spawn on Revenant

At this point, I highly doubt DE cares for it in favour of their own creative vision, so I'm not even bothering to try and reach out to them.

Seems sensible as it is their game. What I detest most is someone making suggestions only considering how it affects them and DE does that, "Oh it's a simple fix...let's just do it" thing.

That's happened in the past and, imo, it sucks.

Likewise, I've never actually seen anyone come out in support of the way things work now. So, I'd just like to know if any of the players here enjoy the change to Liches that occurred between their Tennocon reveal and release, particularly, the scripted instakill mechanic.

The Forums are a minority on any given day and while frustrations with this feature definitely created a few first time posts from long time players...It didn't create terribly many that I observed.

Most of the issues expressed in those complaints got addressed by allowing players the options to remove other's Liches from the field.

Please, help me understand why DE thinks that a gameplay feature that involves you dying to progress, without giving a chance to survive based on player skill, would be enjoyable to their players. Many people joked that it's so they could show off their custom execution animation, but could that actually be the whole reason? As it stands now, their nemesis system was dead on arrival for me.

The chance is there... it's just down to luck and that is random.

For example, my Lich's 3rd whisper is their first mod consistently so I have to slog through all of mine to get to the first option on the list.

This means that any attempts before all Whispers are known is foolish for me (my game luck runs like that too so I am not surprised). Yet, my liches still have ranged between 3 and 5 by the time I can reliably KO them because they level up off planet completions or I have to make an attempt to get new nodes to open up.

If anything the real issues with Liches regards the grind/wait/risk:reward scenario moreso than the death=lvl up mechanic. If the grind wasn't so insane and the potential for unwanted rewards wasn't happening people would complain less imo.

Warframe is insane grind...The inane wait to get another crack at the Boss shouldn't happen after the amount of grind we've had to put up with to that point.

As to the rest? Death in video games happens and based on the progression of game mechanics here over the years, somebody at DE feels that players don't die enough to suit their tastes/expectations.

My money would be on DE_Scott.

• Like 1

Stopped doing em once I've gotten all the weapons for a week or two. Just got a new lich yesterday for fun, In the long run its something that you can choose to have for a few days or hours of fun and you get decent plat with a good lich or a chance for a better elem roll for your existing kuva weapon. Theres really not many downsides of it once you get past the "have to get everything now" mindset. 

• Like 1

I enjoy the system overall. The Old Blood update actually got me back into regularly playing after I took a long overall hiatus. Ever since Fortuna, the other updates this year haven't felt as engaging until now. Fortuna has been my favorite update so far in the time I've played this game.

I enjoy the powerful lvl 70+ enemies in regular missions, the kuva fortress and kuva siphons actually feel relevant now due to the requiem fissures. I find myself in the fortress more often due to the requiem relics. I also enjoy the new kuva weapons that seem like straight upgrades to their regular counterparts and lvl. Up to 40. I'm planning to save my forma for future weapons like this.

It is still flawed despite this however. As others have said. I don't think you should be forced to die from failing a parazon guess. It would make sense to have it killed but revive until we get the right guess for the requiem mods. Its dialogue would make more sense if that happened.

The rng for the weapons is rough, but it is a system that can be replayed a ton. I hope Empyrean will expand on the liches. Similar to what was shown in tennocon.

Overall. It feels like a solid expansion on the post War Within content already in the game. Flawed but fun.

Edited by Aurora3500

3 minutes ago, (PS4)deathwolfclaw666 said:

From what I've seen and heard of it I'd rather stay away from them. Which so far I've been lucky to do so.

If you have all the Requiem (too many vowels) Mods and aren't in a rush, it's just higher level missions on a star chart planet.

If these things aren't the case then it can be absolutely soul-sucking.

1 hour ago, Mints said:

Because half of the system is a placeholder dude. Kuva liches were supposed to be directly tied to Empyrean. DE really can't win anymore. Either they sit on Kuva Liches for months and watch their player count dwindle to nothing or they jury rig existing systems into a functioning gameplay loop and shuffle Liches out the door to keep people playing.

This guy gets it! We can only hope DE follows through with their original intention when the rest of Empyrean ships.

I've killed 6 liches. I don't dislike it. It's pretty fun having a side-job whenever you want one. They can be suitably threatening at times, too.

I think people wanted to burn through it too fast, though. And worry about getting put through a table when the wrong Requiem powers up the lich is amusing. As if that matters at all.

Basically, as someone else stated, it's good in moderation. Hopefully it will be expanded upon in the future.

• Like 1