Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do i maintain a 6x combo for 30 sec?

PenderTheTyrant

Question

Go to Kuva fortress (preferably solo), find a turret with gray HP and start whacking away at it. Or go to Plains of Eidolon at night and do the same to an Eidolon. Or Valis/Profit Taker. 

Alternatively, just slap Drifting Contact/Body Count on your melee and go do a solo survival run. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, PenderTheTyrant said:

i honestly have no idea how to combo

Look in the lower right, there you'll find your Melee Combo Counter ticking up as you keep smacking enemies.

Combo Duration Mods can be a huge help in keeping your Combo during a lull in enemy activity:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Drifting_Contact

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Body_Count

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, (PS4)Hioksiu said:

pick fast weapon, mod it for more fast, go to lua, on lua, search for turrets that are undestroyable while inactive, melee it until its done. Stealth frame(loki, ivara) works best

Thanks I'll try that tomorrow, I tried with a downed capture target but I think they fixed that. 

I you have Operator Focus School Naramon, Power Strike. This adds a timer to your fall off counter per 12,11,10.9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 for a few seconds, so it will be easier to keep your 12x combo up but if there are no enemies around at least you can still run around to find them without worrying about your combo falling under 6x combo multiplier. Also bring a weapon modded with max range and no damage mods equipped so you can keep your combo up longer without having to kill the enemy. Once your at 12x combo you dont need to kill them just slowly one tap at a time to keep the combo trigger active. If you bring a Rhino/ tank frame this will be much easier.

You can extract after riven is indicated that it has been open. Therefore any mission will do.

If not the other options from above work also.

Edited by kwlingo

Combo duration mods or naramon power spike is all you need.   

--------------------------------------------------------------

Maintaining our combo count is the first step to combo-crit melee.   Once you can keep your combo meter up you just add mods that give bonus Crit Chance to you based on your combo meter.   Gladiator mod set is the noobie option.  Blood Rush (from stalker acolytes) is the other.   

x12 combo + gladiator/Blood = annihilate most everything under 100.  

--------------------------------------------------------------

The other set up for melee is Condition Overload.  This increases the damage on your weapon based on how many status ailments you have inflicted on the enemy.   The main goal being just to drown the enemy in DoT, while also dishing out alot of damage.   You want guns and melee to have 100% status and deal alot of different damage types.  Im still learning this one....

But either of those methods should change your life and make melee your fav way to play heh.  

8 hours ago, PenderTheTyrant said:

I'm trying to unveil this Riven that says "sustain a 6x melee combo for 30s with a hobbled key equipped" and i honestly have no idea how to combo. I never paid attention to that sort of thing i usually just smash melee...

I usually do this challenge by doing the capture mission on earth. I down the capture target and then melee away at the capture target until the riven is unlocked. The riven will be unlocked well before the "your capture target is dieing" countdown is finished.

No need to worry about what frame or weapon you are using.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

Edited by (PS4)Deadmennwalking

I leave a config on my melee weapon just for those types of RivMeleChallenge, named as such, still got two more normal configs. 😉 

I use on it.

Reach/Primed Reach - Body Count - Gladiator Rush - Drifting Contact
Fury/Primed Fury - Gladiator Vice - Relentless Combination - Buzz Kill

I haven't used that build since melee 3.0, so might be better builds out there now. It's also the Lesion but it'll work on any melee weapon. 

I have a problem... It's 6x and it doesn't count if i go over 6... It's impossible! With melee3.0 parries count for combo multipliers too so if anyone shoots me it stacks up... And i have to keep it for 30 seconds so if i attack someone while at 6 i risk to go over it but if i don't it resets...

And no downed capture targets and deactivated turrets don't count

PS: Nevermind i'm dumb, i used the wrong dragon key

Edited by PenderTheTyrant

26 minutes ago, PenderTheTyrant said:

I have a problem... It's 6x and it doesn't count if i go over 6... It's impossible! With melee3.0 parries count for combo multipliers too so if anyone shoots me it stacks up... And i have to keep it for 30 seconds so if i attack someone while at 6 i risk to go over it but if i don't it resets...

And no downed capture targets and deactivated turrets don't count

PS: Nevermind i'm dumb, i used the wrong dragon key

You are wrong in that thinking, what it means is not to drop below a 6x combo you can go all the way to 12x and sit there.

In short, get the crappiest weapon you have (= low damage) , drop a mod (or some mods in) to make the combo duration longer so that you the combo doesn't reset if you fail to hit something for a few seconds and pick a boss fight, anyone will do. I prefer the one on Mars (Lt. Kech Krill) because once you reach him there aren't that many other enemies around. Just beat on him for a while and once the riven is unveiled, take out your gun and mow him down. The time needed to reach him + the time needed to reach the exit will take you longer then unveiling the riven.

Advantage of my method, even low MR can do it and you don't really need any high end mods nor lots of standing with a school.

I do this ones on the mars boss Lieutenant Lech Kril.If you don't want to overkill him put some mods off and than do it, his invul stage is perfect for it.

19 hours ago, Reifnir said:

Go to Kuva fortress (preferably solo), find a turret with gray HP and start whacking away at it.

This is an option too.

Take Volt Prime with a full duration build. Go to capture mission with a fast melee/combo build. Hit ur speed and attack capture target for 30-40 seconds straight without stopping and Ull open the Riven. They dont die until u hit X so u can wail on them for a full minute before it fails while the targets just lays on the ground. It’s really easy. 

• Like 1