Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Be smart, dont be a 5mn

AnuKaneDai

There is two kind of Tenno. Those who want to dont waste theyr time and go fast, and those who want to hold on for long.

For the first you have capture, exter, spy, mobile def, rescue. Lot of possibility to avoid annoying routine.
For the second you have perturbation, defense, survival, interception.

I dont really understand why somes people want to take the place of a long runner only to do the first 5mn, when someone else could benefit from it. impacting the longevity of the party.
You waste your time when you can do faster mission, and you waste time of other tenno, especially in relics.

Be smart, play like a vet, and take what you deserve, choose a mission that suit your need and dont take the place that someone else deserve.
You will be more effecient and the overall experience of the game would be increased for everyone. And if you need a specific relics missions. Just be patient.

Edited by AnuKaneDai

there is 3 types of tenno. 

tenno who join pubs and dont have expectations, because they are in public matchmaking, where rng is as strong as anywhere else. players there do what they want.
there is also tenno who likes to run quick fissures, those do the matchmaking and find people who like to speedrun the relics too, because it is fun.

there is also the, less talked about, 3rd type of tenno. the knobhead tenno, which requires people he doesnt know to play the game the same way he plays the game. 

do you see which type are you?

Edited by tzadquiel
  • Like 16

2 minutes ago, AnuKaneDai said:

You waste your time when you can do faster mission, and you waste time of other tenno, especially in relics.

what if you want to open 1 relic but there are only endless missions avaiable atm ?

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, AnuKaneDai said:

There is two kind of Tenno. Those who want to dont waste theyr time and go fast, and those who want to hold on for long.

You got that completely wrong.
The two types of Tenno are the Tenno that understand what public lobbies are about and the Tenno that don't understand that.

You, obviously, don't understand public lobbies.
If you want to run for a specific duration, use the recruit chat, or talk to your team mates at the beginning and stay with the people that agreed to stay for a specific duration.
Instead of trying to make others do what you want, you should think about you ways of doing things, and maybe change these ways.

• Like 2

I mean there can be questions of etiquette, here and there, for specific cases, but that's another level of funny here.

Recruit chat, or stop having expectations about random matchmaking. Also, no mission is designed to last for long. There are some light insentives to in some, but last I check, if you want to quit an arbitration at 5 minutes, the game has no issue with it. (And considering the average level of players I tend to find in public arbi, thank god)

I commented this in other thread. Taranis is the best example. If i want one argon cristal, im no gonna wait until round 20 to leave. I have other things to do in game and i cant waste so much everytime i enter in a endless mission.

You could say argon cristals also spawn in other places but for me thats the mission where i get them more easily. This also happens with other things like relics. If you get the relic you want, for example a lith relic, and the next round they are going to give you meso...you leave and enter again for another run.

If i had to do 20 rounds everytime i would waste all my time doing only one thing. But like i said i have other things to do. Unless you want to control how i spend my time too? Idk. This discussion is always the same and people never get bored.

Seeing this and other similar threads lately makes me wonder. What problem does people have with recruitment chat? Is it really THAT hard to take 5 minutes to rally a group of players? Is it really so hard to understand that you can have no expectations at all when you willingly join pubs to get paired with 3 complete strangers?

edit:

2 hours ago, AnuKaneDai said:

Be smart, play like a vet, and take what you deserve, choose a mission that suit your need and dont take the place that someone else deserve.

I don't know what  your definition  of 'veteran' is, but i've been around here for like 5-6 years, and i still leave endless missions on first rotation, if i feel like it.

Edited by General-Pacman
  • Like 6

For the first you have capture, exter, spy, mobile def, rescue

Typically, it's quicker to do a 5 minute survival than a full mobile defence, and you don't want to do a public spy because, well... pubs frequently mess them up, and then it becomes an exterminate with extra steps. If the option exists for a capture, rescue or exterminate, then I'll usually run it, but if no better options exist, I'm doing that 5 minute survival. As mentioned before by a few others in this thread, recruiting chat exists. Make good use of it and you'll save yourself a lot of grief

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tzadquiel said:

there is 3 types of tenno. 

tenno who join pubs and dont have expectations, because they are in public matchmaking, where rng is as strong as anywhere else. players there do what they want.
there is also tenno who likes to run quick fissures, those do the matchmaking and find people who like to speedrun the relics too, because it is fun.

there is also the, less talked about, 3rd type of tenno. the knobhead tenno, which requires people he doesnt know to play the game the same way he plays the game. 

do you see which type are you?

This  but in bold comic sans

For the first you have capture, exter, spy, mobile def, rescue. Lot of possibility to avoid annoying routine.
For the second you have perturbation, defense, survival, interception.

I dont really understand why somes people want to take the place of a long runner only to do the first 5mn, when someone else could benefit from it. impacting the longevity of the party.

You will be more effecient and the overall experience of the game would be increased for everyone. And if you need a specific relics missions. Just be patient.

Or you can sit for 4 hours in mot with me since you never wanna leave 

3 hours ago, AnuKaneDai said:

You waste your time when you can do faster mission

Yeah, sorry to break it to you, but sometimes fast relic missions are literally not available, so if you wanna do a quick round but the game says you gotta do these ridiculously long missions... well, you do them and bail out as soon as possible. Cause not everyone has your free time, your schedule, and your tolerance for bullS#&$/long runs.

• Like 3

Endless missions are a byproduct of bad design imo. 

It's is never explicitly explained to the player that it is an expectation or even a requirement to stay longer than once. You are incessantly reminded it is time to leave. Why would anyone new want to play the same mission over and over? That doesn't sound healthy or fun.

If repetition is an expectation, it should be taught early by the actual game and not by "veterans". The missions should be structured to accommodate longer and more rewarding runs. Not just a cheap reset.

I wonder if relics shouldn't be changed. Instead of one off runs. It could be setup more like a sortie and you front load relics and lock them in.