Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2020’s First Mainline: Review, Revise, Refresh.

[DE]Rebecca

Not sure this will be noticed, but can we get a better UI for Grendels switchable ability, literally did not notice until I googled what that ability even did, the hints I found in the abilities section where fine after I found out, but be nice to not have an icon as big as a d-pad.

arcane changes seem extremely heavy handed and not well-thought out

the cooldowns dont fit WF well and some changes just straight up gut the arcane, such as aegis

what made aegis work was the flat recharge added on top of instantly triggering the shield regen, i could understand reducing the flat value and duration slightly to compensate for shield buffs, but this is too much

guardian's values seem extremely bad now, 20 arcanes to get a rank 5 version that gives the same effect we currently have, but with a 1/4 of the proc chance and no re-proc while active??? really???

grace's loss of re-trigger will gut it on any frame that isnt inaros grendel or nidus, even on the mildly tanky ones its usability will be gutted

changes should have been focused on IMPROVING the weaker and less used arcanes, not nerfing popular ones

Edited by TKDancer

Jesus Christ, is it really that hard to reduce the murmur requirements for the Liches? 

Was expecting 'reduced murmur' from the 'Kuva Lich Changes' section. But noooooooo~ changes for the murmur sharing~~

F*ck casual solo players with daily job from 5-9 that can only play an hour or two everyday that yearns for a Kuva weapon, am I right?

Edited by .LeiA._

Since shotgun status chance is divided by pellet, could you increase the status chance of shotgun mods? With the proposed changes (3x base status chance)  and 4 60/60% status chance mods these status-based shotguns would have the following status chance per pellet:

Boar Prime (8 pellets)= 38.5% chance per pellet
Kohm Kuva (12 pellets) = 25% chance per pellet
Exergis (3 pellets) = 122% chance per pellet.
Strun Wraith (10 pellets) = 40.8% per pellet.
Tigris Prime (8 pellets) = 38.5% chance per pellet
Drakgoon Kuva (10 pellets) = 30% chance per pellet
Phage (7 beams) = 45% chance per beam.

Brakk Kuva (10 pellets) = 37.7% per pellet
Bronco Prime (7 pellets) = 43% per pellet
Mara Detron (7 pellets) = 43% per pellet
Twin Rogga (15 pellets) = 22% per pellet.

Sure, they have 3x base status chance, but the pellet count drastically reduce the final status chance. I know you're also reducing armor scalling, but I think that it might not be enough. Maybe increase the +60% mods to +90%? If you do, Boar Prime would get 51% status chance per pellet, which is more reasonable.

Edited by HolySeraphin

5 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

I have so many questions post devstream, but most importantly: Chroma rework when? I think it's the time now. All the changes affect him and he was already slated for one so... Yeah 😛

Yes please!!! My boy needs a more cohesive kit.  

15 minutes ago, CoffeeElemental said:

Not sure if I can ask here, but:

Will Protea's time rewind be able to bring her back from bleedout/death state?

If yes - will it also work in Arbitrations?

If yes - will it leave a debuff on you in such case (something like reduced hp + increased damage taken)?

Getting some Sands of Time vibes! I would love this.

Not liking the arcane changes, i have not payed for 2 rank 3 arcanes that i like to run for them now to be useless for no other reason than devs not liking it.
Arcane staking is a non issue. It does not affect balance, since there is none, it has no impact on competitive play since there is none either and the only thing they affect is what builds people like to run.

Not liking the self damage chance either, that is the only thing preventing noob tubes from being the 100% most efficient weapons in the game.

Edited by xxvaderxxar

I personally did like ALL of the upcoming changes, so I'll praise you on that and hope you continue to balance things with the community's feedback, because you need a large enough testing pool to ensure that you cover the bases both for casual players, and the min-maxing endgame players who needs everything tuned JUST RIGHT before they're happy with their loadouts.

That said, there's 2 more issues that I could think of that still need fixing:

1. Stealth

Atm, enemies' reaction time and aim is godlike at higher levels, which you already touched upon in the devstream itself, but this also emcompasses their alertness time, to the point where the AI is alerted by a bullet punching through the guy behind them, before it strikes the AI itself, instantly murdering it. Yet the AI was alerted already, and the Stealth XP modifier is broken.
In fact, the AI is alerted by the very bullet that kills it. 
There should be some leeway and a grace period during which you can shoot an enemy without alerting it, as long as it dies in the process. (half a second?), that retains the Stealth Modifier, and doesn't alert anyone nearby unless they strictly saw the murder happen. 

This would make automatic weapons able to be used for stealth when a silencer mod is equipped, too. As long as the bullet hail kills them before they know what's going on.

2. Punch-Through VS Hitboxes

Right now, you can have infinite punch-through, and shoot through hundreds of enemies in a single pull of the trigger,- yet, you cannot shoot through a Grineer's Neck Armor, or anyone's limbs, in order to hit their head behind it. The damage is dealt to the first point of impact, not the most vulnerable point in the projectile/beam's trajectory. IMHO, it should prioritize the most vulnerable spot, always, if it punches through deep enough.

It makes no sense to line up 2 Grineer, fire the shot, it deal relatively little damage to the grineer in front, passing through his head, then hitting the head of the guy behind him, and popping it like an overripe melon for an insta-kill.

These are good and significant changes. But I have questions about what will happen to our arcanes after the update:

1) will our max rank (3) arcanes be at rank 5 after the update?

2) will the upgrade costs remain the same?

3) If rank 3 arcanes remain at rank 3, maybe I need the amount of rank 0 arcanes that one of my duplicate rank 3 arcanes has to rank it to 5. Which leads to the question: are you considering to add an option to dissolve/downgrade arcanes to turn a rank 3/2/1 arcane into the corresponding amount of rank 0 arcanes?

4) if we need more arcanes, are we going to get more arcane drops from the existing sources (eidolon drops, arbitrations)? Will magus arcanes cost the same amount of sindicate reputation?

Previous questions are my biggest concern and I'm looking forward to see how the rest of the changes work out.

• Like 1

I'm loving these changes but I have a couple of questions:

1. Will existing Rank 3 Arcanes be automatically ranked up to the new Rank 5 upon the update deploying, or will we need to obtain more of the same Arcanes to max them out to the new 5th rank? This also leads to the question of whether Arcanes will still need 10 of the same Arcane to be fully ranked up or if more will be needed. I hope its the former rather than the latter.

2. What will happen to Cautious Shot if self damage is being removed? Will it remove the "Stagger" effect instead?

3. Would you consider making it so Titania's first three powers cost less energy to use if cast while Razorwing is active to make her less energy hungry, or give her Tributes some sort of healing value to give her more support potential?

4. If Shield Gating is being introduced to every Warframe, how will Hildryn's passive and her Haven ability be affected? Seems like she essentially won't have a unique passive anymore and the ability to share her passive will be made redundant as a result. Will she receive a new passive and a new secondary effect for Haven?

Edited by DawnoftheWhiteFury

No more self damage.

Welcome to Bramma Frame 1.0. No more really thinking about shot placement with the kaboom weapons because some people forgot doors close and got mad. And I use my Bramma pretty often, still maintained a flow and used consideration of weapon selection in tight places.

Setting 'splosions off 2" away from yourself and "stagger flipping" afterwards isn't going to make anyone feel like a space ninja, it is just going to lead to complaints of blown speakers and waves of cheese. 

So many weapons and play styles (not all of us care about the meta) and you ruin accidental suicide bombing as a risk and make it an example of technique.

I guess the slight inconvenience and moderate risk of a stray infested entering my line of sight at the last moment won't matter... but at what eventual cost?

DE trying to figure out how to make other arcanes more desirable by nerfing the good ones, it doesn't get more hilarious. Perhaps you geniuses poring over your stat sheets should look at some of those other arcanes and think "why did we assume people would want this?"

I'd like to give a very special shoutout to the idiot that created Magus Cloud.. thanks man, now I don't have to worry about fall damage. Come to think of it, despite falling from my Archwing over 1000 meters, I've NEVER DIED from fall damage...

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Why: Critical has long been king - and while we are leaving Critical as is, our goal is to bring Status into the Arsenals in a new light for all Primary, Secondary, and Melee weapons. 

Crit will still continues being king if every relevant enemy continues being completely immune to status. Also, don't make impact status have a knockdown when stacked. The damage type is already useless, and knockdown would mean less headshots and even less damage.

• Like 1