The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What I don't understand about Warframe customs

supernils

It's apparently Tenno honor to revive fallen ones. The game provides no incentive to do so (other than they hitting the 4 times limit).

But apparently it's not a custom to say "thank you" when players save strangers XP which I find weird. You even have your hands free when you're down.

It used to be a thing people did and still do to some extent but not as much these days. It's kinda expected that someone is gonna go down and you just revive them cause it's common courtesy, nothing someone needs to thank you for.

• Like 29

Self-revives are a dime a dozen. I can't recall when the last time was when I had to pick up someone who's spent 4 revives.

In Arbitrations you see the thank-yous more often, since like the days of old, you had to be helped up.

• Like 2

You could say the same for every optional good action in the game. Imma make it simple:

If the person did a good deed and others were helped because of it the "Thank you" is already assumed without need to further delay the mission. If I mark a sculpture and someone goes there pick it up I already assume he's thankful since he did go pick it up. Same for revives. If I revive you next to a friendship door please don't lose time saying it, just help me open the door and I'll be happy.

I don't do it for the appreciation, but merely to aid. And I expect the same kind of actions from my peers to me, which is already more than a mere "thank you". Actions speak louder than words imho, and it's enough.

Then again, I do live on console-land.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 11

10 minutes ago, supernils said:

You even have your hands free when you're down.

Just sayin', you can use your Secondary while downed, e.g. to shoot the enemies that downed you 😛

Also, some people may be using controllers, making something like a quick "ty" kind of a hassle.

I always just assume players I've picked up are thankful enough even without broadcasting it. *shrug*

• Like 11

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Theres a simple explanation for that.

People can be ungrateful.

I main Engineer in Team Fortress 2 (AKA, support)

I recently had a moment where somebody, during setup time, was watching a dispenser  go through the last few seconds of its construction, saw me coming to pick up the full ammo box to upgrade all the stuff he needed to act as a stop gap for the enemy team, looked right at me, and picked up the ammo box instead of waiting for the dispenser to restore the ammo he had absolutely no reason to have used to begin with.

People aren't just ungrateful, they're actively malicious sometimes.

• Like 2

It still happens from time to time. I say 'ty' most times when I'm revived and it's not unusual to experience others do it too, especially in squads that do multiple runs together (sorties, hydron, fissures)

As with all things in the world, focus on who you want to be, not how others respond to you. 

The ancient books of my culture five millennia ago say: 
"You are not entitled to the fruits of your own labour." 

Do good, without expectation of reward. 
It will come to you automatically. 

Remember in the heat of battle people don't think about opening the tiny little chat window and typing. They want to get back into the action. 

• Like 9

There are people who will thank you. It is not rare.
That said, personally I view it as "normal" to revive someone, not something special, that needs thanks.
I am (usually) grateful if someone revives me, but I rarely type it in chat (I do, if they have to run back or fight off enemies to do it).
It is just something you do and it is a pretty normal assumption, that they are grateful for it, even if they don`t say it.
I don`t even think about reviving someone multiple times, if I don´t have to run back a long way to do so, or have to fight for the mission goal and have no time for it.
I am also not angry if someone doesn`t revive me. The penalty is irrelevant, in my eyes, even while leveling, and revives only matter to me in missions, where you might run out of revives. 

Tl;dr: Help people, assume gratitude, but don´t expect them to type it in chat.  

• Like 5

It's definitely different on consoles, but I don't mind if people don't thank me for the revives (and 99% of the time they don't). This is a fast paced game, so much can happen while typing "ty" they could just get downed again. On rare occasions when I feel like I've been a liability, dying a lot, I say thanks at the end of the mission, and I've seen others do that too sometimes. 

You shouldn't feel your actions weren't appreciated, the lack of communication of gratitude doesn't mean lack of gratitude.

If I ever go down its because I am being swarmed by enemies and to be revived in said swarm does not allow a quickly typed 'ty'

Whenever I revive people I expect nothing in return even if it saves them from losing out on experience and items.

I revive people and go back to the mission at hand.

If I rezz somebody, I do it because I want to, not because I get high on their thanks. It's just spontaneous, and when people thank me, I just respond with the pleasure is mine. 

(I don't rezz folks who experiment in arbis tho! Like banshees and khoras and mirages!)

(Also add Nidus and Inaros to that, if you get downed while using them, you deserve to be not rezzed!)

😅😊

17 hours ago, Loza03 said:

I main Engineer in Team Fortress 2 (AKA, support)

I recently had a moment where somebody, during setup time, was watching a dispenser  go through the last few seconds of its construction, saw me coming to pick up the full ammo box to upgrade all the stuff he needed to act as a stop gap for the enemy team, looked right at me, and picked up the ammo box instead of waiting for the dispenser to restore the ammo he had absolutely no reason to have used to begin with.

I can’t count how many times my health pack got stolen by a jerk lime scout and laugh at me when I died because of Pyro after burn as a spy.

People can be jerks and this is the online world where you can say anything controversial and get away with it because you are anonymous, best you just ignore them.

Also sometime people don’t want to go through the hassle of typing TY in chat.

Edited by DrivaMain
  • Like 1

As others have posted, doing a good deed is the reward, expecting thanks is not the reason to do a good deed.

The idea that a certain set of 'manners' are literally in 'world-wide' use is simply an uninformed POV. 

People from a multitude of differing cultures, outlooks, and social environments play this game.

I have never understood why some people think that their set of habits (manners) is the only (right) one, or who get upset when others do not magically follow their preferred habits...the world is a big place and not everywhere runs the same way it does where you live.

Edited by Zimzala
speeling
  • Like 1

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

Relax dude. Most people simply are too slow to type.

People cant even handle using Ash's Blade Storm......what makes you think in battle....where they're already flustered and probably dont even know what's going on...that they're gonna have the smarts to open the options menu, then bring up the chat window, then the PS text box etc.

Most people are lazy. I'm not even saying that as an insult. It's just a fact people like to do less, our culture brags about it, everyone talks about it.

4 hours ago, Nehra96 said:

If I rezz somebody, I do it because I want to, not because I get high on their thanks. It's just spontaneous, and when people thank me, I just respond with the pleasure is mine. 

(I don't rezz folks who experiment in arbis tho! Like banshees and khoras and mirages!)

(Also add Nidus and Inaros to that, if you get downed while using them, you deserve to be not rezzed!)

😅😊

That's not cool man lol. You basically just want to reinforce using only Revenant and Inaros, then?

I'm kinda happy when I see a non easy mode player in an arby. But yes if they're dying repeatedly then that's just them being a bad player so I get it.

• Like 2

I'm thankful when people pick me up when I've made a booboo that shouldnt have happened in the first place, I do however not type ty, thanks, thx or anything else most of the time. I do at the same time not expect a ty or similar from others either. I just dont feel that gratification is important. I much rather see that gratification reflected in actions, as in them rezzing someone else that goes down. Actions simply speak louder than words. If I rezz someone that says ty and then they later on ignore rezzing someone else, that ty means nothing to me.

• Like 5