Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has Nobody Else Noticed?

MadnessBomber

I think this is what happened:

DE made PoE, it was a huge success: kept the playerbase around, even gained some new players, excellent!

Next year, DE made Fortuna/Orb Vallis: it kept the playerbase around, even gained some new players, excellent!

Last year, DE made railjack: Super awkward spaceship combat (opposite of regular warframe). 99% of players farmed it (excellent!) and then never touched it again. Didn't gain much new players. Oops!

This year, DE makes next open world. Expect huge grind for mostly useless upgrades and weird time-gates to artificially extend content, plus the railjack style "mechs" to upgrade for even more totally unnecessary content extension, excellent x2!

I don't blame them, they found something that works, and they're sticking with it. Infested was the next logical step, and it's obvious that they were working on this long before the pandemic, so I don't think we should seriously consider that having anything to do with it. 

To be clear: I don't blame DE, they are doing what they know keeps the playerbase around. It's hard making a live-service game profitable. Long ago they abandoned PvP (the content that keeps contenting all on it's own) so they have to make do constantly updating and refreshing PvE. This is hard, even the most complex AI is always eventually predictable. I don't fault them for repeating what they've already observed to be a working system. 

Its neither.

The infested are a faction in this game, they've been a faction. It has nothing to do with real world events. Reminds me of when the "sharing is caring" nightwave challenge rolled though after the pandemic blew up and people freaked out as if it was some big deal even though that was an old challenge that just cycled back though.

well, just remember this advice when on Deimos:

- wash your hands after every combat encounter.

- keep at least a few metres when possible from enemies, your guns and powers can help with this!

- only go out when you absolutely need resources.

- bring an Ignis Wraith. fire cleanses!

together, we can make Deimos a clean and safe place, or at least as safe as an infested planetoid can be.

1 hour ago, MadnessBomber said:

I should have mentioned this was supposed to be a, admittedly crappy, joke. I know full well it was just a coincidence that this ended up happening. I just found it funny how much of a crazy coincidence this was to begin with.

Yeah, I got that it was a joke. But my face didnt change from it's "I'm not impressed" state.

Resident Evil 3 Remake also happened at the start of this, which depicts society breaking down a result of Zombie outbreak.

Plus Gennedy Tartofsky's show 'Primal' aired out of order so they could show off their zombie episode on april 1st because...

Infested always struck me as more spore slime mould and algal forms than viral, structures that I've always found rather beautiful in macro shots.
So yeah, different if the soundtrack was a million people coughing their lungs to bloody rags as they fill with fluid and the slowing beap of heart monitors trudging to wards flatline.

8 hours ago, MadnessBomber said:

We're getting an Infested-themed open world... In the middle of a pandemic? I've brought this up a couple times to fellow players and they totally didn't realize it. ... Can't tell if that's perfect timing or bad timing.

It's just another world themed after an exisiting faction in-game. It has nothing to do with real life pandemics.

It's people like you that are the reason we can't have nice things - y'all always drag real life into a frickin game.

2 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

It's people like you that are the reason we can't have nice things - y'all always drag real life into a frickin game.

Woah woah, hey now. I never said I was against it, and in fact I'm very happy about the new open world we're getting. I just found it funny. That's it. I'm not one of those people who try to find reasons daily to be pissed off about something and demand change when it's not needed or wanted. I get enough of that from news thank you.

On 2020-08-05 at 3:30 PM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

well, just remember this advice when on Deimos:

- wash your hands after every combat encounter.

- keep at least a few metres when possible from enemies, your guns and powers can help with this!

- only go out when you absolutely need resources.

- bring an Ignis Wraith. fire cleanses!

together, we can make Deimos a clean and safe place, or at least as safe as an infested planetoid can be.

Dont be silly ,

Its a satellite not a planetoid.

On 2020-08-04 at 11:56 PM, Sevek7 said:

Last year, DE made railjack: Super awkward spaceship combat (opposite of regular warframe). 99% of players farmed it (excellent!) and then never touched it again. Didn't gain much new players. Oops!

I really hope they don't abandon Railjack and Kuva Lich just because their semi-half-baked first version wasn't that big a hit.  Tweaks can make them both very popular and active again.  

Archived