The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe movie?

(XBOX)Ancient Mutt

Do we want a Warframe movie?

You know, a proper one staring proper A list celebrity actors and a director that's famous like Steven Spielberg, etc. Not necessarily him, but erm... high caliber.

Can DE afford it and could it be enough of a blockbuster to be profitable?

Would they keep it canon or do a Resident Evil with it?

Which actors would you fantasise being in it? 

I ask this because it might hit home the codex and the story of Warframe and the lore, if they keep it canon. Playing the game and trying to understand it all is a bit hit-n-miss.

Is this even a serious suggestion or never gonna happen? There 'might' be some merit in it, maybe?

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

You know, a proper one staring proper A list celebrity actors and a director that's famous like Steven Spielberg, etc. Not necessarily him, but erm... high caliber.

I think the staff has done quite well in making the cinematics and developing the game's lore. So, would they really need a big movie director? I guess it could work to attract big audiences.... PRODUCED BY SPIELBERG, same thing with A list celebrities, the staff has never really needed A list celebrities and the only benefit to using them... would be to attract their fanbase. 

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

Its not just a question of profitability, that is a factor but DE can always turn a profit off of subsequent sales (merchandise). The bigger question is whether they have the time and correct vision to pursue such an endeavor. The devs are famously known for putting too much on their plate and then delivering half baked content; to meet deadlines. While they've moved away from that in the past 2-3 months. Unless the devs don't have a proper schedule and vision to back up their movie, it would be best not pursued. 

9 minutes ago, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

Is this even a serious suggestion or never gonna happen? There 'might' be some merit in it, maybe?

There is definite merit, if you look at what warframe was 5 years and then look at it today.... was a radio broadcaster, 3 open worlds, in-game cosmetics etc. really seem plausible? Hence, warframe is a game where anything can happen, Yes, we can speculate the likelihood for a film to be developed, today.... but, anything is possible down the road.

While i don't think it's likely it would end up well, it's still fun to imagine such a movie with Nicolas Cage as Darvo (like in 'Lord of War'), Morgan Freeman as Teshin, Ed Harris as Ballas,  Leonardo DiCaprio as Alad V, Angelina Jolie as Lotus or Johnny Depp as Nef Anyo.

I wonder who could be the best choice for Vor, Frohd Bek, Vay Hek and Tyl Regor.

Jack Nicholson would be probably great as Vay Hek, also Samuel L. Jackson as Frohd Bek, Ewan McGregor as Tyl Regor and Sean Bean as Vor, you can guess why.

Liam Neeson could be Stalker.

I would rather they keep their attention on improving the game since there's still a lot of work that needs to be done. Then, once it's in a position to actually retain players for more than 5 minutes they could actually benefit from the influx of players they'd get by the marketing of a feature film.

Right now, a friend and I play this regularly. We had one friend we introduced to the game that played for  about 2 months then lost interest. Then about 7 more friends that played 2 sessions at most before they were overwhelmed and quit. Too much is pushed on newer players too fast these days compared to back when my friend and I started playing (when the game was slow and there wasn't much to do beyond the starchart nodes and only a few frames to choose from). 

20 minutes ago, nerfinator6 said:

no, you know how stupid the 3rd mashed animation was, I don't want a liveaction version of that.

I was about to comment about the mashed videos, but I had forgotten about the 3rd one so thanks for that lol.

On topic: if anything I'd like to see a return to comics if there's time. The world is growing large enough that stories can be told that don't have to focus on the Tenno, and I think comics are a good place for that. The ones they released ages ago were good. 

55 minutes ago, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

history is not on our side when it comes to videogame movies *cough mortal kombat cough*, about the only one of recent memeory that wasn't terrible (but not amazing either) was the Assassin's Creed movie, starring Michael Fassbender. IMO they got the feel of the games right, but the writing was mediocre at best. good opening song though.

58 minutes ago, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

with a little help from their Chinese backers, sure, but I doubt it would be profitable. despite the increase in advertising, Warframe is still a game that most people haven't heard of. whereas something like Call of Duty - a household name - would be immediately recognizable as a movie and would get enough mainstream media coverage to be profitable. or at the very least, not bomb.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

the Origin system is a vast place, and each major update introduces factions we'd never heard of or seen before; Myconians, Ostrons, Solaris, and now Entrati. they could basically just make up whatever they wanted, though It would make me smile if the plot featured main villians like Vor and Alad V.

Warframe™: the Movie initial casting:

Scarlet Johansson as Lotus/Natah

Bill Nighy as Vor

Nicholas Cage as Councilor Vay Hek

Lawrence Fishburne as Teshin

and some random up-and-coming teen actor as the Tenno operator.

directed by Zack Snyder, because we gotta have some slow-mo melee scenes where our Tenno cuts down a bunch of Grineer with a Nikana. 

You know, a proper one staring proper A list celebrity actors and a director that's famous

no and no I honestly can't name the last good AAA movie I have seen, I also think movies aren't a good storytelling platform, they cost too much as do the a list stars and cramming a decent story in under 2 hours always has tradeoffs.

though I would love and watch a warframe anime! this comes to mind ....

I ask this because it might hit home the codex and the story of Warframe and the lore, if they keep it canon. Playing the game and trying to understand it all is a bit hit-n-miss.

uh. no. DE doesn't have the budget to keep both the game a float and make a decent movie out of it at the same. plus there is always the risk of one of those directors trying to make their own artistic flare to the IP. after all the movies avatar the last air bender movie, mario brothers movie, dragon ball evolution, and a few other lets make this franchise a movie to make a quick buck type of movies end up horrible flops.

i feel sorry for the person that made this forum post, but I find it a tiny bit funny that nearly everyone went "no!" it just goes to show you how much people remember of the bad movies enough to the point that a good number of fans of something dread the idea of someone making a movie out of it.

those who want a movie out of warframe, I got one thing to say

7b2557d479ae98b4685fd60720065dfb.jpg

for are you trying make the dev work hard every time down to the core with the blood and sweat that your trying make a drama club out this game?  No skip the drama for we don't need massive, for here and there it is nice to have drama but no this is warframe and not the game "Defiance" where massive drama is in there as well then again there is that another big massive DRAMA in PSO2 where the stories line is thick of DRAMA for it killed the game but thank God there is a skip button.

For I have to say, war is war for there is barely any drama in life in there for there is action and too many action that is going on in there because of I don't think they are able capture every moment of warframe and if they excite any more players with fault advertisement like Mag's bubble shield that grab bullets in mid air while she is falling down while holding this ability bubble and then spray it like a shotgun to the enemy for that DE give too much faults hope remaking Mag's abilities.  Not only that, marketing rules will consider as fault advertisement if they discover they are doing a movie that fault advertisement a game product which mag is a product that is sold in marketing store for plat but lucky they can have easy off the hook with that which it is why you don't hype a group and get them angry about why mag in this game doesn't do the mag in the movie.  It is all the same reason faults hope and advertisement.

Archived