Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should most of conclave be removed?

redkunaz

On 2020-09-14 at 9:00 PM, Okami_Shiranui said:

Conclave hasn't gotten an update in like a year now and is in a pretty sad state. If you don't like Conclave, simply don't play, nobody is forcing you.

Funny. This statement implies that conclave was once in a good state. News flash; it was ALWAYS in a sad state.

Horrible mode. Severely imbalanced. I reached max rank and I regret every moment. Nobody plays it because it's a genuinely horrible pvp experience with no real thought put into it. Janky, inconsistent yet overpowered. Some weapons or setups made it literally impossible to compete. The devs have realized themselves that this game does not have a tangible way of having proper pvp without adding severe limitations on player power. I hope it never gets another update.

On 2020-09-15 at 6:28 PM, AConfusedBird said:

so i'm forced to play publicly, with random people instead of friends, if i want to gain standing? that... sucks. :( pub matches in PvE are tolerable, because we're all working toward the same (or at least a similar) goal. pub matches in PvP has so much potential for bad feelings that it's not even worth it, for me personally.

sigh. 

Maybe it wasn't clear, but you can of course invite your buddies into public matches.

If you get enough together to fill a lobby (8 for Conclave, 6 for Lunaro), then you will have those matches all to yourselves, too.

19 hours ago, (PS4)Dubufu said:

Funny. This statement implies that conclave was once in a good state. News flash; it was ALWAYS in a sad state.

If your forum join date is any indication of when you started playing the game and therefore Conclave, then yeah, chances are you can't really talk about that.

I took a long break from the game in early 2017, and at that point it was in a pretty decent state (main development was in 2015 and 2016). But PvP weapon stats are dependent on PvE stats (on a simple hitscan gun it's just a damage multiplier), so whenever they touched something in PvE, chances were it got a little worse. Or they'd introduce new things by accident (recently e.g. Kuva Bramma). Or bugs they don't to fix for months to years.

19 hours ago, (PS4)Dubufu said:

... with no real thought put into it. Janky, inconsistent yet overpowered. ... The devs have realized themselves that this game does not have a tangible way of having proper pvp without adding severe limitations on player power ...

🤔

That's exactly why they put limitations on player power and balanced weapon stats against each other? Maybe you have a weird idea of balance or I'm missing something here. Might want to give some proper examples instead of a general rant.

On 2020-09-14 at 8:46 PM, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

DE should move mods and skins over to Steel Path and then leave conclave for those that want it.

This. The work is already done, conclave already exists, no reason to remove it. Just shift the rewards off to steel path and then leave it alone. 

just let it die. euthanize the Conclave already, hardly anyone plays it, the ones that do will kick up a fuss for about 5 mins and then move on to PvP in other, better PvP games. and yes, I'm aware it doesn't take up any Dev time and such, but that's not an excuse to keep letting this dead game mode rot and take up more space; if DE really want to "ensmallen" the game, they can cut off this useless game mode. move all the rewards to the main game, keep Teshin as Steel Path vendor.

Conclave has always been dead, let's just make it official already. 

On 2020-09-15 at 2:25 AM, redkunaz said:

The players it has are tryhards that just want to flex on people destroying any new players and making any new player want to avoid conclave,

the whole environment is toxic

rude my dude

Thats like as if I assumed the entirety of Warframe's pve purist playerbase was some 'lazy whiny bunch' despite knowing better.

There are actually a lot of regulars who enjoy teaching new players a trick or two. However if you want advice you gotta ask for it usually. Meanwhile most of the toxicity in Conclave comes from the freshmen who just got robbed of his power fantasy. You know.. Conclave is more like an arena shooter where you feel your mistakes quickly, while pve can be palyed by afking or one button mashing without direct consequences.

11 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

It will save DE a ton of resources thats for sure. It belongs where it should be

If they want some "PvP" stuff in their game, either make it solely for the frame-fighter or have Nercmech fights. 

What ressources? Since PoE DE barely has done anything for Conclave at all, while the weapon reworks and changes bleeded over unbalanced due to being tied to the pve code. When they used to work on it Conclave was alive and healthy and DEJoebuck created some solid balance state mostly alone. The later on promised 2 devs working on Conclave (if they were working on it anyhow) are doing that in their free time after work. So as you can imagine they can't be bothered and there wasn't much going on for Conclave within the past 3 years while the former solid balance state deteriorated. It dosen't even need much development time or 'ressources' to fix these issues to begin with. There is lots of feedback to the issues aswell. They just gotta do it someday.

And why should they do that to begin with when they already have a solid system that just needs a few tweaks here and there to be gucci again?

I love PVP in Warframe, specially Free for All.
It was THE feature that made me think to be a founder in first place.

I specially enjoy to play conclave when the other part agrees to go full melee combat instead of relying on firearms/ranged weapons. Theres no honor in those.

I'd rather they improve it to make me want to play.

Add races. K-drive and Archwing

And add option to play with Warframe bots in arena mode.

2 simple things that can get players like me to dabble in it again and gain standing. 

I still think a Warframe MOBA-lite would be awesome though

No comment I've played through conclave and still play sometimes but the community seems determined to have it destroyed or to get the rewards from playing it in some free or non pvp way rather than actually advocating for the modes improvement. This is why all the content in the game is a bunch of dead islands, no one wants to see improvment in modes they just want to either have things moved to what they like or have DE move on to the next thing because "developer resources" can't be spent on something, as if the developer resources spent on new content go a long way in the long term anyway.

I don't have the energy to defend conclave, it would be me against an army anyways. I will say PVP can be successful if we actually pushed for it to be improved, keep in mind pvp doesn't need to be players killing players, it can be parkour racing, kdrive racing, or other unique types of competition.

On 2020-09-14 at 8:25 PM, redkunaz said:

The players it has are tryhards that just want to flex on people destroying any new players and making any new player want to avoid conclave,

the whole environment is toxic

are you saying they are tryhards because genrally those who play a competetive aspect of a game seek to get good at it and the average wf player isn't geard for warframe pvp so playing against a skilled person in such your obvs gonna get bodied. Also most of the conclave community dosent get off on bodying new players......... ive seen them be willing to teach more new players how to conclave then people will teach or try to help someone learn limbo etc

I haven't encountered any toxicity in conclave. Most of the time nobody says anything. The biggest issue with conclave is the lack of people playing it. I think its really fun when you fill up a game and have even numbers on each team, but this is rare in my experience. Most of the time I end up waiting for a game and then playing against 1 other player.

For matchmaking to function properly, you need a lot of people queuing concurrently so the matchmaker can divide the queue by skill level, ping and other qualifiers to produce good quality matches. Unfortunately, conclave doesn't have the queue sizes necessary to do this, so it is in a sort of matchmaking death spiral. Even if you want to play, you spend more time waiting for a game than playing games for large parts of the day. So you end up not queuing at all which compounds the problem.

I don't understand people advocating for its removal though.

Archived