Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Remove "mission accomplishments" bar from top of mission results screen

Podfather

The majority of times, the "accomplishments" bar shows useless information like consoles hacked, etc.  Maybe make the "mission accomplishments" info bar a toggle?  I dunno.  There are better solutions, because right now, most of the time it displays nonsense.  Sometimes I even get most of the % of total damage done and it will display a random different stat like, number of kills.  Or healing done.  Or consoles hacked.  Or upgrades received.  Or 450% fire accuracy when someone has a multishot bow with a lot of punchthrough. 

Your accomplishments are your own, that's one of the things in my opinion that make this a great game.  There are no full-on ePeen screens like in other games, and its awesome because it places emphasis on playing, not incessantly rubbing other people's superiority in everyone else's face.  "Hey everyone else, congratulate this person, because they did really well!!!..."  As if that is ever the thought in people's minds when that kind of drek comes up on the screen.  You just play, level frames and weapons, progress, get more frames and weapons, and that's it.  It feels like the right amount of isolation, even while going public and jumping in and out of groups.  That lack of "someone else did better than you" pressure is just fantastic in my opinion, because forcing artificial competition to hook people is shallow and banal.

If there is a team working on a more polished ePeen screen during mission results, just...  stop it.  The game doesn't need it.  It needs plenty of other stuff instead.  The current one is ok, but I'm worried that there is more CoD-style updates in the pipe for mandatory micro-celebrations.  Yeah, yeah, yeah, OHH but FashionFrame is real endgame and all what-not.

its not just about glory, but it also lets you know how much you contributed to the team. for example, if i bring a crate breaker frame to an argon hunt it might tell me how many crates I broke, which is nice to know. Knowing how much total healing a healer did makes me go "wow, if they weren't here, we all would have died many times over, I appreciate them more now".

Let's see:

• The screen literally won't show gear that you didn't use, so you have no overview or a way to quickly check affinity status on your loadout.
  • It displays wrong affinity bar, because it shows different fill level before and after the extraction.
  • It shows loot description but doesn't show amount owned.

The concept would be tolerable if it actually worked.

But why? It isn't like having the information at all is detrimental in any way and if you want your full rundown of your own stats there is the stat screen specifically for that. And the full rundown on top of them still being displayed on the mid mission stat screen means any e-peen flaunting is still possible regardless.

But I would expect some type of mission end poses to be added at some point. If just seeing such things or other players stats is intimidating or anything of the sort then that's a personal issue not an issue the devs need to address. While people who want to be toxic or elitist over it can do so over a dozen other things already while you still retain the ability to set them on ignore or report them if necessary.

3 hours ago, Miser_able said:

its not just about glory, but it also lets you know how much you contributed to the team. for example, if i bring a crate breaker frame to an argon hunt it might tell me how many crates I broke, which is nice to know. Knowing how much total healing a healer did makes me go "wow, if they weren't here, we all would have died many times over, I appreciate them more now".

Or, you just know how many of the resource you got, which is (of course arguably) the more important piece of information?  And that does show up, so it's covered.  I see what you are saying, but it just doesn't add anything to the game considering that we all complete thousands of these missions.  So, why does it matter that someone hacked 5 consoles in a single Kuva Siphon Spy mission?  It's celebration just for celebration's sake:  "They need to be reminded that they are contributing!"

1 hour ago, trst said:

But why? It isn't like having the information at all is detrimental in any way and if you want your full rundown of your own stats there is the stat screen specifically for that. And the full rundown on top of them still being displayed on the mid mission stat screen means any e-peen flaunting is still possible regardless.

But I would expect some type of mission end poses to be added at some point. If just seeing such things or other players stats is intimidating or anything of the sort then that's a personal issue not an issue the devs need to address. While people who want to be toxic or elitist over it can do so over a dozen other things already while you still retain the ability to set them on ignore or report them if necessary.

Ok.  Well then let's add in how many weapons/frames/pets/arch-stuff they have maxed out, too (not their mastery rating, but the actual breakdown of percentages in every category).  And their percentage of star-chart completion, as well as total hours played, as well as total number of trades ever done.  If it's not detrimental, but information (albeit arguably not-useful information), we should add it!  But anyway, someone could just Prowl a whole mission and then the report would say that they had 0% damage taken.  It would look good, but not be at all an accurate representation of any contribution.  So the question becomes:  How do you determine accurate contributions?  Due to the nature of mission variety, I think the simple answer is that you cannot.

And no, I'd have to disagree:  If it defaulted to the stat screen and bolded/highlighted/sized up (very noticeably) the highest number in every category and locked you on that screen for about 5 seconds with no way to cancel or escape, then yeah, we'd have some legitimate ePeen flaunting.  This is not how the current system works though, so we aren't there yet. 

I'm not saying these ePeen things are necessarily and inherently toxic.  I am saying that many players, including myself, do not care to see them and they add no content to the game.  This isn't analogous to someone who loathes railjack content and feels it adds nothing to the game.  It is a game feature that actually opens up an entire game mode and adds a decent amount of real content to the game, regardless of all the hate for a feature specifically like railjack. 

I do realize this is the wrong platform to suggest this because I feel forum-goers are very likely to support junk like this.  These showcase style features are just...  Puke.  Who gives a flying crud about seeing my Warframe again after a 5/10/30/90 minute mission, but this time I am "posed" and reminding everyone I did more damage than they did?  Expecting a CoD style pose system is just awful!  Everyone knows how much they contributed...  Everyone already knows.  There's no subtlety there, and I want a better game than that.  I hope the developers do too.

3 hours ago, Dauggie said:

i loved the previous mission report screen, the new one felt unneeded.. but not much we can do

2 hours ago, Hayrack said:

Let's see:

• The screen literally won't show gear that you didn't use, so you have no overview or a way to quickly check affinity status on your loadout.
  • It displays wrong affinity bar, because it shows different fill level before and after the extraction.

The concept would be tolerable if it actually worked.

Pretty much these 2 things.

5 minutes ago, Podfather said:

Ok.  Well then let's add in how many weapons/frames/pets/arch-stuff they have maxed out, too (not their mastery rating, but the actual breakdown of percentages in every category).  And their percentage of star-chart completion, as well as total hours played, as well as total number of trades ever done.  If it's not detrimental, but information (albeit arguably not-useful information), we should add it!  But anyway, someone could just Prowl a whole mission and then the report would say that they had 0% damage taken.  It would look good, but not be at all an accurate representation of any contribution.  So the question becomes:  How do you determine accurate contributions?  Due to the nature of mission variety, I think the simple answer is that you cannot.

And no, I'd have to disagree:  If it defaulted to the stat screen and bolded/highlighted/sized up (very noticeably) the highest number in every category and locked you on that screen for about 5 seconds with no way to cancel or escape, then yeah, we'd have some legitimate ePeen flaunting.  This is not how the current system works though, so we aren't there yet. 

I'm not saying these ePeen things are necessarily and inherently toxic.  I am saying that many players, including myself, do not care to see them and they add no content to the game.  This isn't analogous to someone who loathes railjack content and feels it adds nothing to the game.  It is a game feature that actually opens up an entire game mode and adds a decent amount of real content to the game, regardless of all the hate for a feature specifically like railjack. 

I do realize this is the wrong platform to suggest this because I feel forum-goers are very likely to support junk like this.  These showcase style features are just...  Puke.  Who gives a flying crud about seeing my Warframe again after a 5/10/30/90 minute mission, but this time I am "posed" and reminding everyone I did more damage than they did?  Expecting a CoD style pose system is just awful!  Everyone knows how much they contributed...  Everyone already knows.  There's no subtlety there, and I want a better game than that.  I hope the developers do too.

The information currently listed is mission related thus it has a function and it isn't detrimental as it isn't taking anything away from nor impeding you if you have no use for it. Listing unrelated stats would lean into being detrimental. But just not liking something being on your screen isn't a reason to remove something that is useful to others especially as, again, it isn't detracting from anything.

Also everyone doesn't just inherently know what they contributed and if we didn't have the stats at all then nobody would know for certain. Even if you were to watch recording of all of your squad mates you still wouldn't know as we have many ways to interact with enemies/objects we can't see.

And if they were to add a posing system then you would have the option to not use it. Just like the stats you aren't losing anything by not engaging with such a system. To be that against such an inconsequential thing is akin to saying we don't need more armor sets added because you don't like them. You don't need to be in support of such thing but there is literally zero harm done to you by them existing.

8 hours ago, Dauggie said:

i loved the previous mission report screen, the new one felt unneeded.. but not much we can do

the old one was better just by virtue of it not being laggy and glitchy, and being way faster to get out of. the old end of mission screen was maybe 5 seconds before you could get out...now, i gotta look at that dumb screen with its pointless "stats" for upwards of 20 seconds before i can exit out....i hate it so much.

I can't stand the new one

• the old one was more responsive
  • the old one was easier to quickly see at a glance what resources you got - they made the same design problem here they've made (and gotten feedback about in the past) - sticking huge pictures instead of easy to read text.  At least this time they kept the text but because of the pictures and the both horizontal and vertical nature of the layout, its harder to quickly see how much (or if) you got a particular resources.

As for the mission accomplishments, just like the rest of the stats, they are laughably incorrect - basic math is definitely not a strong point here. a few examples:

• I've opened over 15 THOUSAND crates - on a defense mission on an interior tile set. There weren't 30 crates on the whole map
  • I've seen (and think I have a screen shot somewere) where a teammate got 1150 eximus kills - but just below that it said he had less than 200 total kills.
  • teammate "killed one boss" but they were dead when the boss was killed (and i was the one who got the stalker message in my inbox)

8 hours ago, trst said:

The information currently listed is mission related thus it has a function and it isn't detrimental as it isn't taking anything away from nor impeding you if you have no use for it. Listing unrelated stats would lean into being detrimental. But just not liking something being on your screen isn't a reason to remove something that is useful to others especially as, again, it isn't detracting from anything.

Also everyone doesn't just inherently know what they contributed and if we didn't have the stats at all then nobody would know for certain. Even if you were to watch recording of all of your squad mates you still wouldn't know as we have many ways to interact with enemies/objects we can't see.

And if they were to add a posing system then you would have the option to not use it. Just like the stats you aren't losing anything by not engaging with such a system. To be that against such an inconsequential thing is akin to saying we don't need more armor sets added because you don't like them. You don't need to be in support of such thing but there is literally zero harm done to you by them existing.

I understand what you are saying.  I just think you and I might disagree on what is "mission related" and what isn't, because to me, "mission related" data would be actual useful data, not fluff or filler.  Consoles hacked isn't an important piece of data (or at least I struggle to see how it is needed, please don't do the mental gymnastics to make the link).  Getting 6 melee kills is not either, just like opening 10 crates.  I think that many of the things aren't important or in reality, mission related, and fall into a category of fluff or filler.  In fact, I would go so far as to say that the system itself can't even make its mind up on what is actually mission-related and what isn't.

I can back that statement up with the sometime-previously-mentioned "Healing Done" cue that pops up on the "random mission accomplishments" bar.  It pops up there, but after tons of missions with Oberon, Wisp, and Trinity, it isn't on the actual "stats" page.  So you head over to the Alerts page and jump into a Kuva Siphon.  You ran 15K healing as Wisp and it was cool, you got the artificial sense of accomplishment having no other information to back it up, when in reality you could have personally taken ~13K of the healing because you love soaking bullets while meditating on top of your mote reservoirs.  Leave the mission, check "Last Mission Results," and be astounded that "Healing Done" isn't even a category, nor does the "random mission accomplishments" bar actually appear anymore, it is just a list of squad members and their loadouts.  It's just not good.  It isn't implemented well.  So I feel it should just be removed or toggled off.

And "option to not use" the pose system?  You are already locked in the mission results screen for far longer than I personally (and seeing some responses here, others as well) feel you should be, regardless of whether it is because of the programming or it is just intentionally slow.  Next step is, poses are implemented, and people are spending plat or cash on DE or TennoGen poses, and then every mission, you are forced to use the system and check out erryone's sikk poses.  I just...  I dunno.  I've sworn off games that have unskippable posing ePeen systems because it is a forced, unsubtle way of communicating things people already know (or have a pretty damn good idea of).  It would just be unfortunate to see Warframe join in to the bro-culture of other shooters.

16 hours ago, Hayrack said:

The screen literally won't show gear that you didn't use, so you have no overview or a way to quickly check affinity status on your loadout.

Do you mean items from the gear wheel? Because the end screen does show all your weapons that got affinity. The only way it won't show weapons is if they are level 30/40 and have no focus lens in them.

It displays wrong affinity bar, because it shows different fill level before and after the extraction.

The screen does not show wrong affinity bar, it shows at the start what your weapons/frames started out with in the mission then adds all the affinity gained to your weapons/frames so you see what their level is at the end. You might want to put some actual evidence if you think otherwise.

What do you mean it doesn't show amount owned? The end screen shows all the loot you gained in the mission and how much. I've never seen the screen show the amount of what you own entirely, I don't think it has ever done that unless you've got evidence to the contrary.

14 hours ago, Podfather said:

Who gives a flying crud about seeing my Warframe again after a 5/10/30/90 minute mission, but this time I am "posed" and reminding everyone I did more damage than they did?  Expecting a CoD style pose system is just awful!

Right?

The first time i seen it i thought it was some kind of late april fools joke to poke fun at games where this feature is so overdone, taken seriously as the highlight in the game, like CoD, Overwatch, etc..

Except it's serious.

18 hours ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

I want to rub in other peoples faces that I opened 60 containers like a real professional

gg

This is a silly request tbh, they are a cool little thing that doesn't get in the way and you can view the stats with a button...I don't see the point of this topic.

Nah leave it.

It doesn't hurt anyone, it doesn't block anything, just let this thing display meaningless infos.

Certainly not worth dispatching some of the workforce on this because this system doesn't always rub your ego the way you'd want it to.

Got some weird stuff like me and another person got "Killed 1 Boss" while we were killing Phorid, now Phorid has a hidden twin? Also just got Octavia and everytime I use her it shows "0% damage taken" ok thats true but I killed a lot enemies. Octavia and stealth frames in general will always have close to 0% damage taken including Limbo.

On 2020-10-06 at 9:08 PM, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

I want to rub in other peoples faces that I opened 60 containers like a real professional

I once got a "opened one container". Never been more proud of myself. 

And I did most of the damage that game (not that it matters) so its funny the game picked up on that one as my highlight lmao. There seems to be no logic to it. 

But in all seriousness, why does this bother OP so much that it should just be removed? Doesnt affect anything at all... 

Outside of the fact that i would really like to know how they decide the priority or the accomplishments (is breaking 50 crates a bigger achievement than getting 50 head shots ?)

its really not a major deal, i would like some cooler sounding names (and some fixes on some of the bugs like 40 crates in a defense mission where there arent even that many crates or 456% accuracy)

but i can live with it for now.

I do feel it was a waste of effort for practically no gain - especially when DE likes to throw "We didnt do it cause it would take too much effort" as a justification quite a few times.

I think it has a fun flavor to it, I like the feature. 

It reminds me of stuff like the old Goldeneye end of mission screens on N64, where it would tell you what you did best in the game at the end of a multiplayer match. It was a fun little feature, some of them almost felt insulting with how silly they were, but that too was part of the flair. 

Archived