Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Console misses out on (first) Teshin Umbra Forma?

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

2 hours ago, Miser_able said:

its a rotating cycle like baro, if you dont have it now you'll have it later. I think it rotates every 8 weeks?

OP's concern is not that he can't get one, it's that PC had an extra Umbral Forma reward that console does not. That's an acceptable complaint given how artificially rare this item is and limited in acquisition.

Always somebody gotta crymoan.

We are behind Baro Kiteer so DE thinks in placing Console and PC on the same listing....Console crymoaners come out and say they don't want to be in the same listing since they want time to get what they know BK already brought PC.

This time, DE don't give any slack start and puts us in the same loop as PC and we got players crymoaning that they missed out on 1 Umbra Forma when they will be back in a few weeks. Dang....

And for what? You can kill stuff 7 seconds faster than a non Umbra Forma frame? Come on players....stop crymoaning over every single thing in the game

4 hours ago, Voltage said:

OP's concern is not that he can't get one, it's that PC had an extra Umbral Forma reward that console does not. That's an acceptable complaint given how artificially rare this item is and limited in acquisition.

Yes, exactly right. PC gets an extra umbra bp. I would sympathize if we could buy more than 1 umbra bp, seeing console had extra time to farm SE. But this is not the case because we can only buy 1. So not understanding the decision to keep PC and console on the same rotation. This also invites future misses for Teshin rotations in future console updates. 

Consoles have to go by the rules put forth by MS, Sony, and Nintendo.  There may be nothing DE can actually do.  I for one do not know what legal contracts for DE with these companies are.

PC is the only place where they have near full control.

But OP I don't feel bad for you at all.  I missed it also.  Oh well, its just a game.

40 minutes ago, OneYenShort said:

Consoles have to go by the rules put forth by MS, Sony, and Nintendo.  There may be nothing DE can actually do.  I for one do not know what legal contracts for DE with these companies are.

PC is the only place where they have near full control.

But OP I don't feel bad for you at all.  I missed it also.  Oh well, its just a game.

What kind of clause/control would any of the publishers have over an ingame item like umbral forma? Especially when there is already a precedent for rotating reward behind behind a few weeks on console in the form of Baro?

As a player who loves to min max I was highly anticipating the umbral forma. I am annoyed that the build and frame I have in mind has to wait 4 more weeks. Is it game breaking? No. I'm not trying to complain I love the game. My clan is hosting a endurance competition and I wanted to get this bad boy and put it to good use. Does it make a giant difference? No not really but it's like buying a v8 vs a v6 I don't "need" that engine I just want more vroom fun.

I think I would have preferred it if the Teshin rewards were just always available but on a cooldown like with the riven sliver turn-in, although I imagine DE would rather have players logging in weekly so they don't miss the reward they want; as opposed to just buying everything all at once.

3 hours ago, (PSN)CommanderC2121 said:

What kind of clause/control would any of the publishers have over an ingame item like umbral forma? Especially when there is already a precedent for rotating reward behind behind a few weeks on console in the form of Baro?

Take it up with the lawyers who made the contracts and requirements that DE has to follow.  I have no answers.

Legal and Beancounters think in different ways than players and developers.  Saddly, developers are on the bottom of the monetary decision making and the ability to make changes on systems that you don't own often comes at a cost.

13 hours ago, Uan91 said:

The best solution would be a bundle of 2 umbra formas for consoles only for the next time It shows up. 

The PC will need to have that too.   Console already gets many things easier (tennogen) then PC.  We pay not using plat.

4 hours ago, (PSN)CommanderC2121 said:

Hmm maybe because DE has kept saying they want everything to be the same on consoles and PCs.  Console keeps complaining about not getting the new stuff right away and now you are complaining that they are taking steps to try and have everyone on the same cycle.

2 hours ago, Opetyr said:

The PC will need to have that too.   Console already gets many things easier (tennogen) then PC.  We pay not using plat.

Hmm maybe because DE has kept saying they want everything to be the same on consoles and PCs.  Console keeps complaining about not getting the new stuff right away and now you are complaining that they are taking steps to try and have everyone on the same cycle.

PC playerd love to look down their noses from atop their ivory towers at us for being "impatient" but if anyone even mentions the idea of pc content being held up until console users get it for parity they rage. 

5 hours ago, (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA said:

PC playerd love to look down their noses from atop their ivory towers at us for being "impatient" but if anyone even mentions the idea of pc content being held up until console users get it for parity they rage. 

because then it will take even longer for DE to patch out the numerous bugs that always plague big updates.

If DE were capable of releasing updates that didn't break lots of stuff, and badly, then parity between platforms would be remotely possible.

They aren't, so it's not.

Archived