Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Dev workshop updated] So Helminth and Parazon changes what do you think?

0_The_F00l

I like that Mercy Kills are getting tweaked to be similar to Glory Kills. 

Im glad I will have a reason to use different parazon builds depending on the mission, time to blow the metric ton of dust off my "Blood For _____" mods.

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Umm, the invigoration system is something I never thought they would implement.

I would rather have a 25% permanent boost to one stat on a warframe than this

Why? It's pretty much arbitration boost for one week, what's wrong with it? I doubt people is really taking seriously the "argument" about lobbies asking for specific invigoration buffs, in the same fashion that people doesn't ask for certain specific rivens on recruit chat to do content. It's very dishonest imho. Have anyone seen people asking for certain frames with certain helminth abilities to run stuff? Because I've never saw it, people still ask for certain frames and that's it.

I think this system is created to give us a more powerful tool for mod versatillity. with those bonus, for example, you could make a new build with aguments without being detrimental and while I know the regular player is going to stack STR even more (in the same way they stack crit chance and crit dmg mods with rivens with the same stats), but a lot of players doesn't have that mindset and if I strive for more options and configs to run certain frames, I'm sure a lot of other people is creative enough to do the same.

I find disgusting and repulsive the attitude towards the changes, because I'm sure most of the complainers will use the system regardless and will praise it when implemented in the same way as the Helminth system, but the cynicism is outrageous and I'm #*!%ing done with it.

Цитата

Every week, your Helminth will have an Affinity toward 3 Random Warframes. You can interact with Helminth with these Warframes to gain select Weekly Buffs (one Offensive and one Utility/Defense)! For example:

Zephyr: 200% Power Strength and Immune To Status
Atlas: 200% Primary Critical Chance and +1000 Armor
Excalibur: 250% Melee Damage and 75% power Efficiency

warframe rivens slowly becoming truth

so far it's random and temporary, but who knows

14 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

I find disgusting and repulsive the attitude towards the changes, because I'm sure most of the complainers will use the system regardless and will praise it when implemented in the same way as the Helminth system, but the cynicism is outrageous and I'm #*!%ing done with it.

Yep. This is the worse community I've ever seen regarding this aspect. I've been playing MMORPGs since I was a kid, and I've NEVER seen so many people crying rivers over changes. Some of them are saying the Nukor is dead just for receiving that completely deserved nerf. Just imagine the powercreep a game would be in, if those "experts" were in charge of any game development.

22 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Why?

My personal problem with it is the randomness but I also understand why it's there in the first place, It feels weird, I want to see it for myself when it launches I guess.

26 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

I hope this isn't directed to me specifically cause I liked the changes on melee and guns it's just the Invigoration part that caught me off guard

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

My personal problem with it is the randomness but I also understand why it's there in the first place, It feels weird, I want to see it for myself when it launches I guess.

I hope this isn't directed to me specifically cause I liked the changes on melee and guns it's just the Invigoration part that caught me off guard

I also find it weird btu I'm gonna wait to see the implementation and then a few (possible and almsot guaranteed) iterations on it.

And no, it's not directed to you at all, my apologies if it sounded like that, but I've just vented from reading some really idiotic S#&$ from the workshop threads

Well, it has me worried to tell you the truth.

Copy-pasting arbitration on to helminth, copy-pasting arcane bonus on to guns. Every single "buff" to guns is the exact same formula. A rushed copy-paste?

All the while not dealing with any of the problems players bring up day in and day out, frames needing help, damage types, AOE vs singleshot etc. etc.

Budget, creatively bankrupt, lazy, pointless, misinformed, undereducated are some of the words that come to mind.

I add that to the pile of railjack 2, the taxi edition, which was also copy-pasting and fixed none of the problems people had brought up. Now it's a cluster, a pattern. Then I get worried.

If you went into the street tonight, and ask 1000 players, what they would like to have added to the helminth system, would a single one of them be asking for short armor buff? Not one. No one. Yes, more than anything, we need a status immunity ability through helminth? What do we have, 4 or 5 of those already?

But logically, you'd think the helminth would be used to support liches, railjack, parazon and so on, inside a grind that actually supported the content coming out. Weren't we trying to connect content?

I just don't know where the developers' heads are at, it's crazy but this is all hogwash and haywire no doubt, maybe they just mentally checked out from the game.

/edit

ps. Like uploading broken videos to youtube in an actual advertisement, the finger just isn't on the pulse, missing the sharpness, coming in off-beat, a day late and a dollar short.

You are the social media expert right so I don't know what to say really, it needs to be a lot better than what it is?

Have to agree with a lot of people in the other thread, add special crates to the list of things that Golden Instinct can locate, and it'll be totally worth it.  I'm sure some people would argue that they already show up on loot radar, but the same goes for everything else it already tracks except kuria, so why not?

First I LOVE they are deciding to add new abilities to helminth so long as they aren't bad like its original offerings

On 2021-06-17 at 9:29 AM, 0_The_F00l said:

I absolutely dislike the invigoration mechanism which are basically Rivens for warframes ,

I don't think its even that, it isn't permanent, it can be farmed bought or rerolled its just random ! with random stats so worse!

I just HATE the idea I might be forced to play a frame I dislike because they gave it 600% ability strength, or 1000 armor!

I also wonder what happens to someone mr 8 who maybe just trashed all the frames they didn't like ? will it buff their only frame or expect them to build a frame they don't own?

tldr I hate the current implementation  of Invigorations

Parazon: Good. Great even. Honestly, whilst potentially two-tapping heavies is a risky concept, ultimately it has the potential to make the game a better horde shooter. Not this awkward state where encounters are built like they're for hordes, abilities are designed like they're 9th level DnD spells but cost as much as a Cantrip and enemies still have the EHP and design suitable for a stealth game.

Helminth: Abilities are kind of meh. Still no good pure mobility powers which I'm sad about. Invigorations, on the other hand, are either going to be marginal and forgotten about, or major and be seriously terrible.

Don't like the invigorate thingy. It's okay for arbitration at times getting that 300% buff on certain frames. But this is DE. They'll just throw in stuff that doesn't synergize well. 300% Efficency for Lavos. Plus 100% Status Chnace on Mirage. 100% Shield to Grendel. There's going to be lots of questionable buff on certain frames.
Ask for parazon stuff. I rather just pull out an Ash with Fatal Teleport. Does exactly the same thing just better. Not to mention we're still only be able to kill one unit of the the twenty or so that's still shooting at us.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Redfeather75:

I hope the invigoration is discreet. That  way if someone asks if I have an invigoration I can say 'sure do!' and nobody will know if I do or don't. People can be mean to noninvigorated.

I just saw someone say something like that on reddit, so I‘ll just go ahead and steal the response that person got there: Have you actually played this game at all?

4 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Invigorations, on the other hand, are either going to be marginal and forgotten about, or major and be seriously terrible.

I get the feeling it'll be both. The small handful of players who will actually play whatever frame will get a lot of use out of it, but it's power that isn't necessary for anything in the game so it's more likely that it goes entirely unused for most players. That is, until those players' main gets an Infusion and then it's a week of lolwut. Like I'm a Khora main and if there's an infusion to gives me +200% Power Strength or +250% Melee Damage or +75% Efficiency or whatever then I'm gonna be able to absolutely steamroll that week - even more than normal. And if I can stockpile guaranteed Infusions then I'll be able to save them for weeks where there's an event or something where I need that power. And inb4 DE forgets Conclave exists and Infusions work there.

1 hour ago, Krankbert said:

I just saw someone say something like that on reddit, so I‘ll just go ahead and steal the response that person got there: Have you actually played this game at all?

I was making a joke. I think you are seeing things out of context.

Invigoration

• For one thing, it will make recruit chat's stench of elitism even more intensified than it already is. I can already see it "H *InsertLateGameContentHere*, Must have *Frame Name* with *InsertStatsHere*". 
  • The buffs can range from Useless->Meh->Okay->OHMAIGAWDPOWERCREEPOVERLOADED. Can you imagine if the game gave you a Saryn with +300% range?

The Parazon changes are mostly pretty solid, it's just that DE can't stop adding band-aid mods to the table. Like come on DE, 50% faster animation locked behind a mod?

Not liking the invigoration system. It looks only like massive powercreep since it will do nothing of what it is intended to do, which seems to be making us play less played frames.

Extra efficiency, range, strength, duration or bonus damage to some weapon type wont make me pick up Nyx any more than I do now, which is never. However if I get it on an already good frame I sure as hell will use it. How does this solve anything or make less used frames any better?

3 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Invigoration

• For one thing, it will make recruit chat's stench of elitism even more intensified than it already is. I can already see it "H *InsertLateGameContentHere*, Must have *Frame Name* with *InsertStatsHere*". 

It wont result in that since no one will ever be able to verify if those that join actually have those bonus stats active or not. We'll only be able to see +shields or +health bonuses of others really. All other stats will be hidden just like they are now.

Archived