Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Dev workshop updated] So Helminth and Parazon changes what do you think?

0_The_F00l

1 hour ago, TomCruisesSon said:

I know this isn't what you were going for but your post gave me the thought of subsuming our liches. Which would be absolutely evil and hilarious.

Yeah that sounds cool, it's a good idea and it makes total sense thematically, classic seeing players coming up with good ideas instead of the developers lol.

As the Parazon is currently best ignored, any changes should be a massive improvement. And considering that other games make glory kills fun, rewarding, and easy to do, I hope DE simply takes some "inspiration" elsewhere.

As for the Helminth system expansion, I doubt DE has any appetite to double the available abilities - whether we are talking subsuming or infusing. So some more useless original abilities it is, with a small chance for some sort of stat modification - though even that seems quite unlikely.

57 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

I liked that Rebecca said there would be an expansion and just a few comments under it someone was already fear mongering about Nerfs to Helminth and had Rebecca herself point out what an expansion is.

Nerf is this year's trend, after content drought and content island. All the cool cats use it.

One thing they can do is allow for subsume of passive abilities.

I wish they do a round of review and buff the passives of warframes with bad passives, but if that can't be done, then allow for subsume of passive abilities works as well.

There are the God tier passives that are better than many actual abilities in the 1-4 slots:

1. Any Slash procs inflicted by Ash (from both weapons and abilities) deal 25% more damage and last 50% longer

2. Atlas is immune to knockdown effects while in contact with the ground

3. After casting three abilities, Protea empowers her next ability cast with an additive 100% Ability Strength bonus

4. Wisp is completely invisible to enemies while in mid-air, until she lands or fires a weapon

And some really specific ones that only help with specific riven challenges:

1. Chroma possesses an extra midair jump and bullet jump

2. Loki's Wall Latch duration lasts 10 times longer than normal

And the really pointless ones:

1. Mag pulls nearby Pickups towards her when Bullet Jumping (lol?)

2. Nekros regenerates 5 (lol?) points of Health any time an enemy dies within 10 meters of him

3. Creatures of nature rejuvenate in  Oberon's presence (lol?)

2 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Nerf is  a timeless classic.  Always stylish, guaranteed to turn heads in any era.

That's... sounds poetic.

1 hour ago, wtflag said:

One thing they can do is allow for subsume of passive abilities.

That's sounds like it could be too powerful. Imagine boring Xaku build (duration, strength, range) with Wisp's passive.

I would like to have it (e.g. for Xaku but different build). I guess passive for ability would be interesting.

1 hour ago, wtflag said:

3. Creatures of nature rejuvenate in  Oberon's presence (lol?)

I haven't tested it but 25% armor/health/shield seems to be "something".

Idc about helminth, I don`t think something like that should exist coz it will cause more problems than solutions but when it comes to the parazon, I would like it to be intergrated more into wf.

• I would like you to be able to to a leap finisher when above an enemy on a ledge like assassins creed.
  • One idea is that if you hack a terminal you can see enemies through walls in a 50m radius for 1m however I would prefer if Banshee has that as synergy for her 2 and 3 or a new wf to have that ability (mech warframe)
  • In lich related mission you have a option to capture an escaping (yellow) lich where you can use the parazon to either give you extra murmas or give you extra rewards like kuva, double of the rarest reasource, location to an item that tells you lore about the liches/SOP etc.
  • Operators can use it and can be seen doing the finisher animations.
  • Every future or revisited boss can use the parazon.
  • Parazon can be used as a weapon (duel wilding) with its own stance.
  • Cab be used like Valkyre`s 1st ability (but I would rather like valkyr`s 1 to be removed for a pounce ability and to see another frame use this ability like a Kunoichi warframe).

If the parazon can be integrated more it will be a find addition to warframe.

12 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

So The Dev workshop has been delayed ,

but its interesting that there are changes for parazon and helminth upcoming.

Sure there's only 2 days to wait ,

but hows about putting down thoughts of what those could possibly be ?

heres what i think :

Parazon:

Special finisher moves that can do more than just "stab face", maybe "Stab face and use body as flail to damage enemies around you for true and psychological damage"

Convert enemies to your cause.

Helminth:

Augment infusion - instead of depending on mod slots make it intrinsic or unlock a mod slot exclusively for augments.

Base attribute mutation - edit things like armor , HP, Energy , shield etc. by adding or removing attribute points.

Parazon Mods and new base Helminth abilities... That's what's coming.

6 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

More Helminth exclusive abilities and easier conditions for Parazon.

Whatever they are, it's probably nothing -too- major, or else they'd be holding it for Tennocon.

This. More abilities as I'm sure the analytics show no one uses the helminth ones in any significant percentage. Would like some abilities that are genuinely good like a channeled one, Damage reduction,  and Damage based (buff or actual attack).

I'd add to parazon that it will be the default finisher mechanic is my guess.  The rework seems to desire to reward play without a blade equipped.  So a Tenno needs to still be able to stealth attack or use their radial blind/pocket sand 

1 hour ago, ReaverKane said:

Parazon Mods and new base Helminth abilities... That's what's coming.

DE: We're changing how Parazon Kills work.

You: So adding new Mods then?

They say circle.

You hear Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis. 

... yes, thats a real word.

2 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

i don't care if they say "expansion not nerf", i don't trust them not to nerf it, intentionally or not.

Exactly.. "I'm going to nerf the crap out of Itzle"  this is DE's entire modus operandi.

8 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Thats Rick Roll?

I bet its Rick Roll....

Oh, its not.

*starts to actually bang with the music while drinking coffee*

Not how it's used today but when I was younger I used to say "ee macarena" (linked) when someone said some hard to pronounce word. 

14 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

So The Dev workshop has been delayed ,

but its interesting that there are changes for parazon and helminth upcoming.

Sure there's only 2 days to wait ,

but hows about putting down thoughts of what those could possibly be ?

heres what i think :

Parazon:

Special finisher moves that can do more than just "stab face", maybe "Stab face and use body as flail to damage enemies around you for true and psychological damage"

Convert enemies to your cause.

Helminth:

Augment infusion - instead of depending on mod slots make it intrinsic or unlock a mod slot exclusively for augments.

Base attribute mutation - edit things like armor , HP, Energy , shield etc. by adding or removing attribute points.

Okay

1. If I can’t do scaling damage with my parazon who cares. In addition, come back when I can scorpion people from 100 meters away.

2. So now helminth is going to be a way to upgrade our warframes. I’d love to boost my warframes infinitely with all the garbage non prime parts I have.

12 hours ago, Voltage said:

I'm not too excited considering Helminth has permanently damaged Warframe identity and DE doesn't seem to want to address that at all. I was hoping Helminth additions would also come with core system changes like a higher MR lock, some abilities being reviewed, etc.

Well, technically, many abilities are always more powerfull in some way or another in the actual warframe, either by sinergy or because an augment needs another ability to work (for example hildryn)

Since you use another warframe, some effects are reduced or in the case of the hildryn ability, you can't use the augment at all, i mean you can equip it, but with 0 effect.

Archived