Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Teshin Gameplay is how Warframe Gameplay supposed to be.

Rayzenfloss

3 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

... The excuses people make when enemies are actually difficult.

It's all BS. There are counters to all those issues in Warframe. You just want the enemy to ACT difficult, but still fold to a wet napkin and barely be able to scratch you. 

Those people will continue to make them and rationalize away the obvious downfalls to their ideas in the process sadly. Then hide back in the crowd and point fingers when it fails miserably.

Spoiler

Don't forget that the person you are referencing is the exact same person that lobbied for and advocated for crap like "DMC-style seamless melee combat" and "Forced auto-block" but blamed DE when they turned out to be hot messes (Kudos to that individual for at least admitting their part in advocating the changes at least once)...Even when it was obvious that they would be hot messes to begin with. 

Some of us have been around long enough to see how (negatively) impactful armchair developers ideas have been to this game long-term in the way it has contributed to precisely the things they complain about ad nauseum (rampant power creep, attribute bloat, constant nerfs to challenging content to name a few) today.

I personally get big yucks out of reading their ideas nowadays and make small wagers with myself regarding whether DE implements them or not. 

As to the point of the OP itself:

Teshin's gameplay style looked nifty—As it should given that it has existed, to some extent, in the game since it launched...

I'm not sure how anyone can conclude that "it's the way Warframe should be" given that it's always been an option.

Are we saying we should remove guns now?

I don't think Teshin gameplay is how warframe is supposed to be, I kinda agree with those who said it'd just be a more generic action game if that was the case. It'd lose that special WF flavor. However I also agree that WF has gone WAAAAY overboard with the power creep, power fantasy, press one button to win gameplay as well.

For me, a compromise between both sides would be ideal. For example, I'd hate to see parkour removed from WF. That's one of the main things that makes WF unique and special for me. The movement system. However the operator/focus rework in PoE was totally overkill IMO. Teleports across the map that make even parkour look slow by comparison, invisibility, immortality, heals and CC on demand, on any frame. That's the kind of power creep I wouldn't mind to see removed from the game to make the gameplay experience a little more grounded and tactical. It's rough, because operators are so core to the lore and story of WF, but I think they ended up hurting and trivializing the gameplay a lot more than they helped. 

Warframe needs a full rework and major stats crunch. They should do a sort of Warframe 2 that isn't a reboot and still allows folks to keep their accounts and progress but revamps the whole game into a new, fresh, streamlined experience. More or less what Path of Exile 1/2 is doing, but perhaps even more drastic in terms of reworking mechanics. Keep the power fantasy, the crazy movement, but make numbers and builds more manageable with less of a gap between uber min-maxed and casual, and making gameplay more involved and tactical. 

vor 1 Stunde schrieb --END--Rikutatis:

Warframe needs a full rework and major stats crunch. They should do a sort of Warframe 2 that isn't a reboot and still allows folks to keep their accounts and progress but revamps the whole game into a new, fresh, streamlined experience. More or less what Path of Exile 1/2 is doing, but perhaps even more drastic in terms of reworking mechanics. Keep the power fantasy, the crazy movement, but make numbers and builds more manageable with less of a gap between uber min-maxed and casual, and making gameplay more involved and tactical. 

What if we already have those two Warframes?
One, which wants to tell a story, that takes away power from us, wants us to feel not omnipotent but humble and part of a bigger universe, that wants to inspire us. Basically 4-5 quests.
And the BIG rest, the other part of the game, which is supposed to bring in a constant number of new players, keeps the grind loop active, does whatever it takes to achieve a decent cash flow to finance the former part of the game (power greep, rivens, etc).   

2 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Enough to do something about it?

I mean, depression is literally the opposite of motivation, so that's not how that works.  But what I'm genuinely curious is what action you're suggesting the Tenno you're replying to should take?  Because that's super nebulous, and I wouldn't want anyone to take it the wrong way.

9 hours ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

Is it though?

Yes.

9 hours ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

You can already do this though, we have a long list of things to make this trivial even with two things you listed

You know just as well as I do that this isn't true. You can load into a mission with whatever you want, absolutely. But you are not going to be successful unless you count sitting AFK in a puddle and not doing anything as a success. No Hydroid player is ever going to keep up with a player using a good frame, and no Harpak user is ever going to keep up with someone mashing E.

10 hours ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

Why did you say Estimated Time of Arrival?

Sorry, means "Edited To Add". It's not that uncommon, is it?

13 hours ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

Must warframe be the same like every game out there? I don't think there's any game out there that lets you being a god wiping enemies while taking barely any damage and warframe has the success from being that so what is the reason we have to step away from that model just to appease those who want to be consistently be downed?

Have you even played any other game than Warframe?

3 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Oh, huh. I'm pretty sure I picked it up from this forum lol.

If there's one thing I've learned on the Warframe forums, it is to never learn from the Warframe forums, we are a silly place.

30 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

I mean, depression is literally the opposite of motivation, so that's not how that works.  But what I'm genuinely curious is what action you're suggesting the Tenno you're replying to should take?  Because that's super nebulous, and I wouldn't want anyone to take it the wrong way.

If it was ACTUAL, clinical depression, you would be right.

But here? With the context used?

Dude. 🙄

1 hour ago, Sahansral said:

What if we already have those two Warframes?
One, which wants to tell a story, that takes away power from us, wants us to feel not omnipotent but humble and part of a bigger universe, that wants to inspire us. Basically 4-5 quests.
And the BIG rest, the other part of the game, which is supposed to bring in a constant number of new players, keeps the grind loop active, does whatever it takes to achieve a decent cash flow to finance the former part of the game (power greep, rivens, etc).   

The problem IMO is that those two parts compete a lot with each other, and I have no doubts it causes a lot of headache and issues for the developers when they try to design new content. The devs need to go through hoops every single time they release new quests/content, to try to make it more engaging and playable instead of players just pressing one button to finish it off. See Sisters of Parvos with  like four different layers of damage reduction and protections just so they don't get one shot and last a few extra seconds to make the fight feel more like an epic boss fight. Bosses that behave like puzzle bosses that shut down all your powers (like that glass guy from nightwave and many others). And the list goes on and on. DE releases all this insane power creep that allows players to evage gameplay and not engage with the content, but the same DE also wants players to engage with the content, so they have to come up with artificial limitations to force players into it, usually by shutting down their powers or making them useless. It's be a much cleaner and more streamlined experience for everyone involved if they just rework everything with a foundational baseline of what the power fantasy actually entails and what gameplay they want out of it.

Teshin/Kahl/Veso-R's gameplay is not something I look forward to. I especially don't like that it's likely going to be how we play the adult powerless operator in Duviri Paradox. This is NOT how Warframe "should play" according to me. The whole reason I even started playing Warframe, is because of how fast paced and "over powered" you were (the phrase that really got me interested in the game, was "It's like Destiny, but with your super on the whole time.") I had just come from playing the Destiny 2 launch, where they took all our progress away from D1, and removed "Titan Skating", which was my preferred way of moving around the game... much like Bullet Jumping. Then came the icing on the cake: Melee didn't require ammo, and there were dual-bladed polearms... my absolute favorite weapon (that my book characters use).

I despise Destiny, and any other game with slow as trudging through tar movement, and bullet sponge enemies. Warframe was a breath of fresh air, and I continue playing for these reasons.

Some people say they want slower combat so they can appreciate the animations. I don't like melee combos either, because they don't lock on to enemies, and fling you around the screen out of your control (especially gunblades, while leveling that horrid Vastilok). The animations might be neat to watch if they were actually focused on a target, instead of wildly missing everything around you as you fly past all the enemies.

Give me smooth slicing and dicing as I precisely maneuver around, windmilling with my polearm, without any halting, stuttering combos that either root me, or fling me around.

Just saying, there are already games out there that cater to the slow, powerless, "tactical" crowd, who want "challenge" instead of fun. Warframe doesn't need to be one of those.

Maybe DE will introduce a "story game mode" which will have restrictions similar to Conclave and allow us to play the way saw in the video?

EDIT: I love blasting through hoards of ants (enemies), but I feel like that is more about grindy parts of the game. Like farming relics: quick, fast, in-out, killed everything, didn't have to aim, didn't need to think, didn't enjoy the art or music or animation, just made everything go boom.

The new, New Player Experience and the gameplay of Khal/Veko/Teshin felt a lot more about "enjoying the journey". I believe that warframe has enough room in its heart to make good use of both types of gameplay user experience.

I think I found most of my people in this thread. I am in general agreement to those who find what the New War has teased to be more appealing than what we currently have. Doesn't mean I hate what we have now, but I feel DE has developed themselves into a corner.

I miss legacy Warframe. Back when Stalker use to lockdown a tile and if you were separated from teammates, tough luck, get sniped by Dread noob. He was a random spawn where you would literally have an oh **** reaction. Now when he appears, only thing going through your mind is what he will drop when you kill him. Not even that - just a nuisance.

I also miss when Infested were huge beefy mofos and they tore you to shreds. Some missions devolved into the-floor-is-lava just so you could stay alive.

And a final mention, I missed the good days when people use to fail the parkour. Funniest thing ever to be going through a mission and see someone miss a jump or not manage their stamina well.

Anyway back on topic, New War may be DE testing the waters and seeing what direction Warframe should go in. If they see good praise and player count/retention on the new content, they may take it that some of us who clamor for Warframe to be slightly more grounded is not just us being loud on the forums, but there may be some silent players who agree.

As a compromise, I wouldn't mind if DE started developing separate content for those of us who want Warframe to be more engaging while still leaving the OP aspects for people who like that. I think it may be a better use of the artists/designers and developers time if they are making content that will actually be appreciated and engaged with. Or, if DE was to simply make a Warframe 2 but go back and stay a bit more faithful to legacy Warframe, I am not joking when I say I would drop my Founders account with thousands of hours and thousands of dollars spent on it just to go play that.

Anyway, even though I liked what I saw in the trailer, it still will come down to how the entire experience feels. I will reserve my judgement until after I've played The New War. But I am keen.

31 minutes ago, AlexMercer said:

Yes for you it is but not for me and probably others too i enjoy the current warframe i am having fun playing it as it is.

And like I was telling you last night, if the game were balanced you'd be able to continue enjoying Warframe the way you do now. It's just that I would be able to have content that I enjoy as well. There could be gameplay tailored for both of us instead of just you.

I liked the gameplay but don't want warframe to become that.

It really only works in a single player only gamemode. 

Taking some cues for that for grounding warframe without destroying current investment would be nice...

But that's a lot of work and lets be real.  While tennocon showed that they were willing and able to take on the hard tasks.  I don't expect this kind of change to take play any time soon. 

4 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

And like I was telling you last night, if the game were balanced you'd be able to continue enjoying Warframe the way you do now. It's just that I would be able to have content that I enjoy as well. There could be gameplay tailored for both of us instead of just you.

But it is not just me or just you several people have the same opinions as me and you so please don’t say just me.

Just now, AlexMercer said:

But it is not just me or just you several people have the same opinions as me and you so please don’t say just me.

And there are a lot of people with the same opinions as me, too. If the game were balanced there could be gameplay tailored for everyone instead of just you and the players who feel the same way you do.

Just now, PublikDomain said:

And there are a lot of people with the same opinions as me, too. If the game were balanced there could be gameplay tailored for everyone instead of just you and the players who feel the same way you do.

And i just said several people have same opinions as you and me i never said just me.

Archived